Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

University Of Sussex Or Kent? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Sussex Or Kent? (4230 Views)

Nigerian Professor Delivers Ground-breaking Research At University Of Sussex / Nigerian Professor Delivers Ground-breaking Research At University Of Sussex / 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Sussex Or Kent? by zion1: 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2007
My Dear Friends, I really do need your informed advice here. I have been admitted for MA, International Relations in both University of Kent and University of Sussex but I do not know which to choose. Please pals, this is a serious issue, help me out with facts or betterstill, experience. Counting on God, you all. THANX
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by kachux80(f): 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2007
hi how did you go about your admission runs ,can you pls give me the processes, how much did it cost you? i will be very grateful. i prefer the university of kent
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by zion1: 11:41am On Apr 27, 2007
@ Kachux80

No cost per se, except for postages, browsing and sorts.
You can apply online or request for hard copy forms which will be sent to u. fil and return with 2 academic references, and certified true copies of transcipts. Act fast!!! its simple-PRAY. u may need this; 08039368051. all d best.
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by English1(f): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2007
I'd go to Sussex because I love Brighton!

But really, you should look at the courses they are offering and decide which is best for you, and at the reputation of the department.
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by zion1: 9:00pm On May 01, 2007
@ English1

Merci beaucoup!!! Gracias
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by Seun(m): 1:27am On May 14, 2007
Moved to education section
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by nosa101(f): 10:20am On May 14, 2007
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by zion1: 1:44pm On May 15, 2007
@ NOSA 101

U'RE A GEM!
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by stellose(f): 12:04pm On May 16, 2007
@zion 1, did you pay school fees. did the school send you documents to proceed for visa.
where you sent certificate of addmission? tell me all please.

congrates man grin
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by junegirl(f): 3:46pm On May 18, 2007
@Zion:
I also have an admission in Surrey. Please tell me how are you going about the processing of your visa. Are you using ony of these educational consultancy services? And most importantly, i need information of sources of funding that one can apply to.
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by zion1: 3:56pm On May 19, 2007
@ Stellose
Both Universities have sent me letters of admission and dispatched my registration packages. One of them gave me a registry sealed letter to present to the high commission and any agency to facilitate my coming over. Still working on my finance while maximizing funding opportunities. All the best! keep me posted.

@Junegirl
Still working on my visa but anticipating no problem as the schools have furnished me with original documents connoting authenticity. All the best for in Surrey. keep me posted as events unfold.PERSEVERE!
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by junegirl(f): 9:20am On May 21, 2007
@Zion:
Thanks bro, I'll keep ma head up. Did you go ahead with processing your visa without settling your finances. Did they ask about it in the embassy? Can you tell me more about the funding opportunities, isn't there enough for two?
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by oludunamis(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2007
surrey is better than both of them, although suxxes is better than kent

all the best matie
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by stellose(f): 3:17pm On May 25, 2007
@zoin, you are one lucky fello, make sure you get that visa by attaching all necessary document, if you can get a bank manager to be your sponsor ,that will help too.

Please answer this question for me.
1, DID YOU PAY SCHOOL FEES?
2, WHICH OF THE SCHOOL SENT YOU A SEALED ENVELOPE.
3, HOW DID YOU POST YOUR DOCUMENTS TO THE SCHOOL, TELL ME DOCUMENTS I NEED TO FORWARD TO THE SCHOOL.
I want to apply too, that is why am asking, as to be on the right part. CONGRATS

stellose@yahoo.com
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by junegirl(f): 9:10am On May 28, 2007
@Oludunamis:

Pls can u tell me more about the FG scholarships u mentioned in a similar thread? Where and how can I apply for them? And r u saying that's the only hope of getting finance for study in UK?
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by oludunamis(m): 3:48pm On May 29, 2007
fed govt scholarship i meant is the popular PTDF scholaship, some states like ogun state and some northern and niger-delta states do state sponsored scholarship

other than that u want to consider commonwealth scholarship, chevening, Shell centenary scholarship etc, but i hope u have a first class

if u have a first class, so UK univs give intelnational students research scholarship for phd, but it is extremely competitive, like 20 slots for the whole univ, with good schs like surrey i bet more than 100 firsl class students will apply

bear in mind that first class is easy with asian countires, cause their lecturers are not wicked nor stingy with marks, while u think of first as big deal in naija, they chunk them out in other parts of the world

good luck

PS: tell me more about ur academic background and post grad interest, i may have more info 4 u
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by zion1: 7:28pm On May 29, 2007
@oludunamis
Thank you.You're a student/alumnus of Surrey?

@ Stellose
Thank you for your compliments
1) I am part paying and on the other hand benefiting from an internal scholarship.
2) Sussex sent me a sealed package.
3) I sent all documents by ordinary post and to say the truth Nigeria is getting better gradually.I am not by any chance giving credence to the outgoing administration but acknowledging the unparalleled contribution of the late Post master-general, Mr Argungu ( May his beatiful soul rest in peace!)
You can either apply online or on sent/downloaded hard copy forms along with certified true copies of your certificates to date.(Certification is done by any court of law-you make copies of your credentials and take to them to stamp and sign on after sighting the originals-It's cheap and easy) Your copies of transcripts are very essential.
Step out boldly for all things are possible! As a matter of fact, I am offered a place in core humanities despite coming from a core science background.

ALL THE BEST!!!!!
Re: University Of Sussex Or Kent? by oludunamis(m): 1:29am On Jun 01, 2007
@zion
am not student of surrey, neither am i alumnus there. i know people there and i know a bit about UK schs and their ranking, strength etc

good luck

(1) (Reply)

How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application / Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress / Nọ 30: Woman Invented Bullet Proof Wow! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.