Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

I Did Not Run Away And I'm Voting Tomorrow — Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Run Away And I'm Voting Tomorrow — Obasanjo (449 Views)

Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 / I Will Not Run Away If EFCC Invites Me, I Will Honour The Invitation – Wike / Jonathan May Not Run On APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Did Not Run Away And I'm Voting Tomorrow — Obasanjo by Griezwoman: 10:41pm On Feb 15, 2019
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo Friday denied that he had fled the country, insisting that having contributed so much to lay the foundation of the country’s democracy, he had no reason to run away at this crucial time in the country’s political history.

Obasanjo, who spoke to journalists in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital also expressed apprehension about Saturday’s presidential election, saying reports reaching him indicated that attempts had already begun to rig the election.

A social media platform had reported that the former President had fled the country. But Obasanjo, who was on his way to play squash, spared few minutes to speak to journalists on the allegation.

“Why do you think that I will travel out of the country because of the election, there is no reason for that,” Obasanjo. “I believe that I should be here (Nigeria) to perform my civic responsibility tomorrow, which is to vote according to the dictate of my heart and on the second of March and those who are carrying that type of rumour or fake news.

“I think I leave them in the hand of God, am used to that sort of things. Information at my disposal is that ballot papers are being thumb printed in some parts of the country.”

Watch the video HERE

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: I Did Not Run Away And I'm Voting Tomorrow — Obasanjo by jessedaflow: 10:48pm On Feb 15, 2019
. grin. More likes 4 Atiku and nothing 4 buhari, i repeat no shares 4 buhari.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Run Away And I'm Voting Tomorrow — Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 15, 2019
It gives zoombies heart attack anytime they see this man

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Vote For Buhari? / Ypp Presidential Candidate, Professor Kingsley Muoghalu Loses At His Own Pollin / Breaking: PDP Rejects Presidential Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.