Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,957 members, 7,810,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 (15305 Views)

"I Will Win In Court" - Peter Obi Says When Asked If He Will Contest In 2027 / Atiku Promises To Support Wike For President In 2027 / Jonathan May Not Run On APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by gidgiddy: 12:08pm On Mar 28
Three Reasons Why I Will Advise Peter Obi Not To Run In 2027

I have known Peter Obi a long time, his village is just a stone's throw from mine. As a successful international businessman and billionaire, he returned from the UK in 2002 to aspire to be Governor of Anambra, which he did after a lengthy legal battle. Its not everything Obi did as Governor of Anambra that I'm happy with, but most Anambrarians will tell you he left the State much better than he met it. As 2027 approaches, no doubt Peter Obi will be under pressure to run again for President. If I were him, I won't run, for three reasons

1. 2027 has already been rigged. Let Obi learn from not just the last Presidential elections he ran in, but from subsequent elections in Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa, where elections were rigged with impunity. The by-elections were even worse. The 2027 elections will be brazenly rigged, and Peter Obi will be told to "go to court". Obi should also remember that he will be running against an incumbent who believes in "grabbing power and running with it", and has state resources at his disposal. So Peter Obi should spare himself the trouble over elections that the results have already been written

2. Even if Peter Obi manages to navigate the treacherous waters of Nigerian politics and wins, his troubles will just be starting. Obi does not know the Nigeria he wants to be President of, he does not know that 'one Nigeria' does not exist, and that some people will always see him as nothing more than an Igbo man and Christian. Those people are going to going to use propaganda, deciet, lies, insecurity etc to sabotage his regime from day one. No matter how well intentioned Obi might be, every move he makes will be turned into an ethnic, religious or ideological issue. Those who cannot bear an Igbo man being President will come after his regime like a hurricane. The result is that Obi will spend 4 years there fighting, if he is not thrown out before then, and achieve nothing.

3. Obi once said that Nigeria is like a car with a knocked engine, he was right. No matter how good a driver may be, he won't get far in a car with a knocked engine. Has Obi ever heard of a 'good Nigerian President'? No such thing has ever existed, or will ever exist. The driver is only as good as the engine of the car. No Nigerian President can do well. We are too divided along ethnic, religious and ideological lines to build a progressive nation. Everyone only talks about who will be the driver, few care about the engine, yet expect the car to take them to heaven. Who is fooling who? Some people like me advocate that we forget the driver, the engine and the car, disembark, and go our seperate ways. Some say no

My advice to Obi is to forget this cursed office of President and focus on his philanthropy. Obi will touch more lives and help more people this way. Until a time when people start taking the engine far more seriously than they take who will be the driver, the office of President will destroy whoever goes in there, and Obi should stay away from it.

My 2 cents

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by gratefulheart(m): 12:13pm On Mar 28
Bitter Peter Obi can NEVER be president.

gidgiddy:
I have known Peter Obi a long time, his village is just a stonethrow from mine. As a successful international businessman and billionaire, he returned from the UK in 2002 to aspire to be Governor of Anambra, which he did after a lengthy legal battle. Its not everything Obi did as Governor of Anambra that I'm happy with, but most Anambrarians will tell you he left the State much better than he met it. As 2027 approaches, no doubt Peter Obi will be under pressure to run again for President. If I were him, I won't run, for three reasons

1. 2027 has already been rigged. Let Obi learn from not just the last Presidential elections he ran in, but from subsequent elections in Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa, where elections were rigged with impunity. The by-elections were even worse. The 2027 elections will be brazenly rigged, and Peter Obi will be told to "go to court". Obi should also remember that he will be running against an incumbent who believes in "grabbing power and running with", and has state resources at his disposal. So Peter Obi should spare himself the trouble over elections that the results have already been written

2. Even if Peter Obi manages to navigate the treacherous waters of Nigerian politics and wins, his troubles will just be starting. Obi does not know the Nigeria he wants to be President of, he does not know that 'one Nigeria' does not exist, and that some people will always see him as nothing more than an Igbo man and Christian. Those people are going to going to use propaganda, deciet, lies, insecurity etc to sabotage his regime from day one. No matter how well intentioned Obi might be, every move he makes will be turned into an ethnic, religious or ideological issue. Those who cannot bear an Igbo man being President will come after his regime like a hurricane. The result is that Obi will spend 4 years there fighting, if he is not thrown out before then, and achieve nothing.

3. Obi once said that Nigeria is like a car with a knocked engine, he was right. No matter how good a driver may be, he won't get far in a car with a knocked engine. Has Obi ever heard of a 'good Nigerian President'? No such thing has ever existed, or will ever exist. The driver is only as good as the engine of the car. No Nigerian President can do well. We are too divided along ethnic, religious and ideological lines to build a progressive nation. Everyone only talks about who will be the driver, few care about the engine, yet expect the car to take them to heaven. Who is fooling who? Some people like me advocate that we forget the driver, the engine and the car, disembark, and go our seperate ways. Some say no

My advice to Obi is to forget this cursed office of President and focus on his philanthropy. Obi will touch more lives and help more people this way. Until a time when people start taking the engine far more seriously than they take who will be the driver, the office of President will destroy whoever goes in there, and Obi should stay away from it.

My 2 cents

89 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by AlaafinOfOyo: 12:18pm On Mar 28
It may be a tall order, however, having a capable hand like him rescuing the country is worth a shot. Even if APC rigs the election again, no one would say the man didn't do his best. Then we can conclude that Nigerians have been cursed to suffer bad leadership for another generation.

98 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Paraman: 12:18pm On Mar 28
gidgiddy:
I have known Peter Obi a long time, his village is just a stonethrow from mine. As a successful international businessman and billionaire, he returned from the UK in 2002 to aspire to be Governor of Anambra, which he did after a lengthy legal battle. Its not everything Obi did as Governor of Anambra that I'm happy with, but most Anambrarians will tell you he left the State much better than he met it. As 2027 approaches, no doubt Peter Obi will be under pressure to run again for President. If I were him, I won't run, for three reasons

1. 2027 has already been rigged. Let Obi learn from not just the last Presidential elections he ran in, but from subsequent elections in Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa, where elections were rigged with impunity. The by-elections were even worse. The 2027 elections will be brazenly rigged, and Peter Obi will be told to "go to court". Obi should also remember that he will be running against an incumbent who believes in "grabbing power and running with", and has state resources at his disposal. So Peter Obi should spare himself the trouble over elections that the results have already been written

My 2 cents
you advise him or not, peter obi will never rule Nigeria

77 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by vanitybutiwanti: 12:23pm On Mar 28
You're a realist, forget about the rantings on social media, with the way Nigeria is structured now, the country is irredeemable

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:47pm On Mar 28
In the past, this guy has created countless threads about Biafra and Ipobb, but going by this new thread, I am forced to believe an average man from the SE is even more confused than i thought

They really dont know what they want

That aside, Obi wouldnt heed your advice as its his birthright to lose as many times as the opportunity presents itself, so he must run and lose again

Obi will be 65+ years by then, yet the delusional youths clamouring for a Young President would prefer to vote him in

Again, this is the dullest group around cheesy cheesy cheesy

84 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by gidgiddy: 6:15pm On Mar 28
EmperorCaesar:
In the past, this guy has created countless threads about Biafra and Ipobb, but going by this new thread, I am forced to believe an average man from the SE is even more confused than i thought

That aside, Obi wouldnt heed your advice as its his birthright to lose as many times as the opportunity presents itself, so he must run and lose again

Obi will be 65+ years by then, yet the delusional youths clamouring for a Young President would prefer to vote him in

The people know what they want. Unfortunately, what they want does not exist in Nigeria, justice, equity and fairness

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by helinues: 6:16pm On Mar 28
Reality dawning

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Hoelujohn: 6:23pm On Mar 28
gidgiddy:

My 2 cents
So how will our unborn generations enjoy Nigeria?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by nedu666: 6:38pm On Mar 28
EmperorCaesar:

Coming from someone who praises hilter and wishes genocide on jews. You said your life ambition is to be a suicide bomber in tel aviv. Hamas provided cowards like you that opportunity yet you chickened out. Since lsreal started drilling sense into hamas, you are no longer shouting from river to sea and death to lsreal. Na obi you wan face .

82 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by survivor10(m): 7:38pm On Mar 28
nedu666:

Coming from someone who praises hilter and wishes genocide on jews. You said your life ambition is to be a suicide bomber in tel aviv. Hamas provided cowards like you that opportunity yet you chickened out. Since lsreal started drilling sense into hamas, you are no longer shouting from river to sea and death to lsreal. Na obi you wan face .

You dey mind the coward!

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 7:46pm On Mar 28
There comes a time in the life of a country when one man comes and change the country's history forever. Obi is that person!

2027 election will not be rigged successfully because the youths will not longer go to court. If Tinubu attempts to rig the election and announce himself as the winner, he will get the Sri Lanka treatment for sure!

Enough is enough.

On a side note, your advice to Obi because of what Tinubu would do is cowardice!
gidgiddy:

My 2 cents

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 7:48pm On Mar 28
Remember when you guys said Buhari was unelectable?
Paraman:
you advise him or not, peter obi will never rule Nigeria

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by vanitybutiwanti: 7:49pm On Mar 28
ValarDoharis:
There comes a time in the life of a country when one man comes and change the country's history forever. Obi is that person!

2027 election will not be rigged successfully because the youths will not longer go to court. If Tinubu attempts to rig the election and announce himself as the winner, he will get the Sri Lanka treatment for sure!

Enough is enough.

On a side note, your advice to Obi because of what Tinubu would do is cowardice!
Which youth grin grin

You mean Tinubu as sitting President will be ousted in 2027? How old are you?

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Paraman: 7:50pm On Mar 28
ValarDoharis:
Who's "you guys" you're talking about? When Tinubu is through with his tenure in 2031, he will handover to a northerner.

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Ofunaofu: 7:53pm On Mar 28
OP, your concerns are quite valid.

But we can't just give up on this country.

We have an obligation to the next generation to rescue this country from notorious narcotics drug traffickers and buccaneering power grabbers who have absolutely nothing to offer Nigerians rather than to inflict more premium hunger, starvation, and strife. 

We shouldn't allow these charlatans to run this country aground

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Seunpapa65: 7:53pm On Mar 28
🤣😂🤣
Lol 2027 rigging is Belgium made

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 7:53pm On Mar 28
Only God can say that!
Paraman:
Who's "you guys" you're talking about? When Tinubu is through with his tenure in 2031, he will handover to a northerner.

37 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by SisterAnn(f): 7:54pm On Mar 28
gidgiddy:

My 2 cents
Cowards die many times before their time, nuff said.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by GoodLife4live: 7:54pm On Mar 28
ValarDoharis:

Enough is enough.

who are the youths ? Ipob youths u meant ?...stop hyping that dullard from agulu...He does not have leadership charisma...

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 7:55pm On Mar 28
Was GEJ not ousted?

Where is Abacha?

Why did Babangida step outside?

You're the toddler here
vanitybutiwanti:
Which youth grin grin

You mean Tinubu as sitting President will be ousted in 2027? How old are you?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Slytiger: 7:56pm On Mar 28
For the first time ever, I agree with gidgiddy (the unofficial IPOB spokesperson on Nairaland).

He has been heaked of the confusion he suffered from during the election He was rooting for Peter Obi, but immediately switched back to IPOB after LP lost the presidential election.

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 7:57pm On Mar 28
Nobody knows you or any member of your immediate or extended family politically. If they arrange for you or your family to meet Obi tomorrow, non of you would be able to sleep out of excitement.

Paper tiger behind an android phone insulting Obi
GoodLife4live:
who are the youths ? Ipob youths u meant ?...stop hyping that dullard from agulu...He does not have leadership charisma...

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Slytiger: 7:57pm On Mar 28
Paraman:
With Wike or Umahi most likely as Vice.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Paraman: 7:59pm On Mar 28
ValarDoharis:
Only God can say that!
some people claim Tinubu can't win, I told them Tinubu will win... Today, Tinubu is the president of Nigeria.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ObiCertificate: 8:01pm On Mar 28
ValarDoharis:

Lmao nobody ever said Buhari was unelectable because he doesn’t suffer the 5% Nzogbu Nzogbu syndrome.

That’s why he was able to be elected TWICE.

But you see yes daddy HoeBi? Lmao.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Ofunaofu: 8:02pm On Mar 28
GoodLife4live:

Just be realistic; leave sentiment, tribe, and ethnicity aside.

Do you like the way this country is being run at the moment?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by vanitybutiwanti: 8:02pm On Mar 28
ValarDoharis:
Was GEJ not ousted?

Where is Abacha?

Why did Babangida step outside?

You're the toddler here
you're a kid, only thing stopping Tinubu in 2027 is death..understand that in hindsight many high profile politicians see GEJ as a fhool for making buhari win on a platter and you think Tinubu will make that mistake? Do you know how powerful a Nigerian president is? In 2027 if the man is still alive, you'll see another form of rigging entirely, one thing you plebs fail to understand, in Tinubus party, people will fly senatorial flag, governorship flag, house of rep flag and you think those individuals wont have supporters and money to influence outcome of the election in their various constituency? Especially with An astute politician at the helm? I laugh at your ignorance. You think Nigerians with their I don't care and scared to die attitude will put their life on the line for a mediocre ?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Slytiger: 8:03pm On Mar 28
Paraman:
some people claim Tinubu can't win, I told them Tinubu will win... Today, Tinubu is the president of Nigeria.
We know the people.. grin

If they say they will do something, be rest assured that they won't. All mouth with zero action.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by ValarDoharis: 8:05pm On Mar 28
Buhari contested three times without succeeding and people like El Rufai said he was perpetually unlectable so you're not God.

You don't know tomorrow but for you to prefer a criminal drug baron, certificate forger and narcotics trafficker over Obi, a man of integrity, it means you're equally a bad person
ObiCertificate:

Lmao nobody ever said Buhari was unelectable because he doesn’t suffer the 5% Nzogbu Nzogbu syndrome.

That’s why he was able to be elected TWICE.

But you see yes daddy HoeBi? Lmao.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by Slytiger: 8:07pm On Mar 28
Truth is that Peter Obi can only win if he moves back to PDP, and they make him either the Presidential or Vice Presidential candidate. He needs one of either the North or SW to win that seat.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Should Not Run In 2027 by djon78(m): 8:10pm On Mar 28
ValarDoharis:

Enough is enough.

I totally disagree

Tinubu have entrenched himself

Removing him via election will be difficult

On another note

Nigeria is not for softies

Peter Obi is too soft for the kind politics we play in Nigeria
It doesn't favor him

There will be so much arrays of battles against him

So I think he should forget about ruling Nigeria

Let those that messed up the country redeem it

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Still Works From Home, 2 Months After - The Guardian / Indictment Of SGF: 92 Groups Threaten Nationwide Protest.. / FG To Begin Rehabilitation On Part Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.