Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service (55706 Views)

Reno Omokri's Old Facebook Post Referring Peter Obi As "Saint" / Tinubu Attends Jumat Service At Ansar-Ud-Deen Mosque (video) / El Rufai, Lai Mohammed And Aregbesola At Jumat Service (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Realist2: 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2019
This is the common narrative among the I'll educated ones, they believe an Igbo should not rule over them. From my findings so far: Buhhari still have supporters because his stands on Islam, paraventure if Buhari convert to Christianity today and everything remain the same, he will not have any supporters from the North again, you can see how he has divided the country along religion line.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by TIGRITIS: 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2019
[s]
NIGHTMARE0O7:

balerebe means abortion..
That's what hausas call yorubas grin
but I know u won't say anything on that because they are ur masters
[/s]
1. Hausas don't call Yorubas balerebe. Balerebe in hausa means an Arabian. Larabawa in plural meaning Arabians.

2. The hausas call Yorubas bayarbe which translates to "A yoruba person" or in plural, yarbawa.

3. Hausas also call themselves bahaushe or the fulanis bafulatani translated as no 2 above.

So stop lying in a broad daylight.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Amarabae(f): 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2019
no matter how appealing hatred looks, Love is better and the best.
The more they hate ,the more you should love,
Conquer hatred with love

cool kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by goaldynboy: 11:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
spiralwedge:
So I just learned a new word to add to

Igbo
Developer
Ipob

Nyamiri - give me water - like they are asking Atiku right now

Did you also learn?:

Sophisticated Morons
Coneheads
Skull miners
Hydraulic guzzlers
Yo.robbers
Chameleons
Brown roof republicans
Ofe-manu
Idiotic Pigs of Buhari
Ritualists
Motherfuckers
Sisterfuckers
Backstabbers
Afonjah
Yellowbah
Owo dah people
South.Waste
Fulani Slaves
??
tongue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by nairalandankrah: 11:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
#buharimustgo

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Nature8(m): 11:08pm On Feb 16, 2019
Splinz:
shocked

Unfortunately for the bearded terrorist Sheikh, that "Nyamiri" is the next vice President.

Sheikh Yahaya can slam his head a million times for all I care.

Bunch of divisive, nepotistic and religious clowns!

Well Atikulated bro cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by nwanyionitsha: 11:08pm On Feb 16, 2019
Mahsums:

Friend
What the meaning of nyamiri
I should be asking you. I know nothing of such terms.
Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by gtown: 11:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
Charmingrascal:
This idiot should be arrested with immediate effect.

That video should be shared till it gets to the appropriate authority.
When you called him Idiot? What makes a difference between him and you. You are indeed arnen inyamiri.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Neoteny(m): 11:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
RTSC:

Peter is iyamiri. A well educated, well respected iyamiri, but you are a savage.

Your father is a dog

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by APCsupporter: 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2019
midolian:
grin

And so? You guys call them all sort of bad names, from Nama(which means meat or animal) to Almajiri(which means student but in the Nyamiri quarters referred to as beggars) and so on, but they don't complain...

When Wike dressed up a goat and tagged it Buhari, you praised him.. forgetting that you dont plant a mango seed and expect to harvest Apples

Now they call you Nyamiri, you are opening a thread..

Leave them. They think northerners are not aware. This is one of the major reasons why we will vote atiku out

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by GreyLaw(m): 11:17pm On Feb 16, 2019
bkool7:

PLS don't tell voted Yoruba by voting obj.

If you don't Obj whom will you vote? The two candidates are Yoruba.

And you chose Obj because he wasn't the Yoruba candidate

You

That's why I said some of you need history lessons!

In 2003 Ojukwu contested the Presidential elections under APGA, Jim Nwobodo also under UNPP and Ile Nwachukwu under NDP.

The SE voted overwhelmingly for OBJ.
Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by sageer1706(m): 11:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
Calling the ibos (nyamiri), yorubas (bairebe) or Nupes (nupawa) is not hate speech , coz that's how the hausas refer to ibos, yorubas and nupe... Just like an ibo man calling hausa man an "aboki". to me nothing hate there

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by MONIKERREVEALER: 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2019
madridguy:
grin grin grin What is hate speech about this?

quoted for future reference cuntt!!!
Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by GreyLaw(m): 11:21pm On Feb 16, 2019
nonsobaba:
Igbos never voted for Obasanjo or Yar Adua. Results of elections in the SE during the PDP era were always written in the homes of Igbo saboteurs working for the PDP.

Of course! isn't it your stock in trade to change history?

You sit down somewhere in your corner of Nigeria and re-write history. You are funny. Please also tell us the SE is full of dead people. In your hearts you wish the SE absolute ignominy and extermination.

But one good thing is that no part, I repeat, no part of Nigeria can completely oppress any other part to silence. My parting word: wait for Saturday!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by APCsupporter: 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Nyamiri, son of Nyamiri, grandson of Nyamiri.
Wait, what is female for Nyamiri? Nyamiress?
You guys think you can insult others abi? Una go cry taya

Lol cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Chitumu: 11:33pm On Feb 16, 2019
Mahsums:

Friend
What the meaning of nyamiri
Nyamiri mean give me water (actualy a form of begging) its synomous with the word almajiri (begger) almajiri in real term mean "one who migrate" NYAMIRIS are actualy the real beggers and almajiris.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Owilar(m): 11:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
How can Nigeria be one when some so call clerics are introducing tribalism into politics
Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Odingo1: 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2019
TIGRITIS:
[s][/s]
1. Hausas don't call Yorubas balerebe. Balerebe in hausa means an Arabian. Larabawa in plural meaning Arabians.

2. The hausas call Yorubas bayarbe which translates to "A yoruba person" or in plural, yarbawa.

3. Hausas also call themselves bahaushe or the fulanis bafulatani translated as no 2 above.

So stop lying in a broad daylight.
Is a lie, Balarebe in Hausa mean Bat, the north see Yoruba people as not belonging to animal in the air or ground, they always don't have concrete terms.

6 Likes

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Hotfreeze: 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
Amarabae:
no matter how appealing hatred looks, Love is better and the best.
The more they hate ,the more you should love,
Conquer hatred with love

cool kiss

Amarabae you're a useless hypocrite.

You are trying to behave like Jesus on this thread but you're a useless bigot and shameless tribalist like other Igbos who posted here.
Remember this your post?

Amarabae:

Don't come to my mention and talk crap.
Am a tough feminist,dont think that I am the type you can be bully online.
I am like naaked wire, ruggedly IGBOTIC.
Iron lady.
deal with it.
Tribalism is the weapon that our enemies have used against Igbos for years, we must use it against them.
So #BURN.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Vera98: 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
Gforce2019:
I so much enjoy the hausa Muslim ...they are always cooperative in Dre dealings....

Omo' Igbo supported Atiku because their brother is his deputy candidate....but that doesn't demeaning the fact that hausa-muslim lose their preferred candidate which is buhari...

....and That's clear indication that in most of the northern region, Atiku will fail woefully and he will perpetually fail in this Saturday election...

Your south-east and south-south vote is not enough to make Atiku a winner... angry grin embarassed

Sheep...... I doubt you had formal education.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by akdjr(m): 11:51pm On Feb 16, 2019
This is where Nigeria politics has gotten to. I was at Canaan land when Oyedepo said Christian should vote vote Christian candidate when persuading his congregation to vote for Jonathan while Jonathan was sitted. quote author=dorodee post=75799544]OMG, this is so terrible. The man is full of hatred, he's not fit to be a religious leader.[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Ikinternational: 11:52pm On Feb 16, 2019
Sirjamo:
You're pained because of this small insult, have you not been calling Hausa and Yorubas all sorts of names?

If Yorubas are civilized enough to let you get away with it, Hausas are not that patient, they will fight back With everything they've got.

Shut the fuvck up.
Send your men to come deal with me. Hopeless idiot

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by ozowarac: 11:57pm On Feb 16, 2019
Gforce2019:
I so much enjoy the hausa Muslim ...they are always cooperative in Dre dealings....

Omo' Igbo supported Atiku because their brother is his deputy candidate....but that doesn't demeaning the fact that hausa-muslim lose their preferred candidate which is buhari...

....and That's clear indication that in most of the northern region, Atiku will fail woefully and he will perpetually fail in this Saturday election...

Your south-east and south-south vote is not enough to make Atiku a winner... angry grin embarassed

You can lie brother, Buhari have picked many igbo's as his deputy but the igbo's keep rejecting him. He is a bad market.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Ikinternational: 12:02am On Feb 17, 2019
alizma:
idiots, forgetting that they refer to all Hausas as aboki

Oya, name all the igbo priests/pastors that have done such. Stupid man.

Only the igbos behaving badly on nairaland abi? Such stupid nonsense

1 Like

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by akdjr(m): 12:02am On Feb 17, 2019
Who would rather forfeit a "VP" position just to occupy the "FIRST LADY" seat? you call them Ofonja, Fulani slaves, Zombie and you are now calling for arrest for calling you "Yamiri" a name you got while trying to divide the country you are now trying to hold a position.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by akdjr(m): 12:08am On Feb 17, 2019
An Hausa/Fulani man told me while serving in the north that during the biafra war, the children of hate keep crying for Iyamiri which means please give me water when they became thirsty. It's pity they pass through such in their journey for lefeledum. �
Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by oluwazoba25: 12:31am On Feb 17, 2019
Mahsums:
Nyamri!!!!!!!!
Stop calling us Aboki
Nyamri
aboki nnama grin

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by naijaking1: 12:45am On Feb 17, 2019
Alexis11:

Your forefathers remain your forefathers. Even grammatically, I'm correct.

Generationally, you guys are eternal slaves. grin

I should be collecting tuition fees from you. But in the spirit of Igbos teaching hausa since 1900, I will let you pass for free.
Re: Muslim Cleric Accused Of Referring Peter Obi As 'Yamiri' During Jumat Service by Mrexcell(m): 12:53am On Feb 17, 2019
EzegeNG:
@ZENITHNAIJA

Is This A Hate Speech Or Not?

A footage have emerged of a Muslim Cleric, sheikh Yahaya Jingir, referring to Peter Obi and Igbo's as Yamiri during a Jumat service at a mosque near PHCN office Wuse II

Nyamiri which is a derogatory word to Igbo's, originally means "Nyem mmiri" which means give me water. A word Igbo people used to ask the Nigerian soldiers during the war when Biafra was overrun and deprived of food and water.

This is coming after Buba Galadima sent a very strong message to religious leaders collecting money from Buhari to deceive their worshippers during this election period.

According to a twitter user who shared the clip, he wrote;

Muslim Cleric telling his congregation not to vote for Atiku because his deputy is Yamiri, a derogatory word for Ibos.
This was during a Jumat service at a Mosque near PHCN office Wuse II.
Is this not hate speech? @segalink

Sheikh Yahaya Jingir, according to many, is known to ferment hate right from jos.

Watch the video here and see reactions below...

When are these boodthirsty terrorists ever going to get over this hatred for the igbo nation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

See Reno Omokri Tweet About Peter Obi One Year Ago. What Went Wrong? / Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price / Ambode, Ashafa, Abike-dabiri Tipped To Replace Late Oshinowo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.