Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,169 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? (31137 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / Daddy Freeze Hails Pastor Abel Damina For Saying Women Can Wear Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by chocolatelady(f): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
Aboutwatch007:
To. My opinion I don't think so

My points

When we get to the world, it was our instincts that made us differentiate women wears from men. 2000 years ago they were all wearing robe and gown both male and female. The men don't cut or shave hairs. It is our exposure and intelligence that is really affecting us. One will agree with me that trousers has kept more ladies safe and smart compare to skirt where they seat down and all thier undies is exposed.
During that period, men and women wear robes, no skirt or trouser. Women do menstruate and not allow to enter certain sacred places. For this , they say that women should not wear cloth, that is the robe that the men wear or the other way round. Simply put, that husband and wives shouldnt exchange their robes and wear becos women do menstruate. That is my understanding of the passage that says that men should not wear anything that belong to women and vice versa. But this born again churches that turn the bible upside down will not allow u hear word when they see u as a lady wearing trouser.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by chocolatelady(f): 2:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
OMEGA009:

I love you for your sense and wisdom. It’s so sad that people perish because of lack of knowledge. We often face only religion and forget culture and that is the beginning of our spiral spin out of control.

First let me break it down.

In ancient Israel, there were no men or women clothing. They all wore robes and no one cared but if a woman was on her monthly period, she was considered unclean and everything associated with her was unclean also until it was washed.

Some men (probably out of laziness or ignorance) would wear their wife’s robes and if they wore their wives robes who was “unclean” and entered into the temple, they had also made the temple unclean and unfit for the presence of GOD. (even if it was unknowingly). They would also make anyone or anything they touched unclean and this was the reason for that particular verse.

Trousers are not a western attire but a Persian attire. After the Persians were defeated by the Greek in 480BC, the Greeks were surprised to see that the enemy wore a strange attire (which were trousers) as opposed to their traditional robes and thus, the adoption of trousers began. It is important to note that it never started as a male attire but rather for convenience in battle.

Another example is heels. Originally, it was made for men who wore them in battle to avoid their legs slipping off from the stirrups when they stood to shoot their arrows but when the invention of guns and tanks entered the battlefield, heels were ditched and later became a fashion attire for women.

Pls let’s learn from history and also do our research. Google is free.
U said it all. This monthly period was the reason for that verse that says men should not wear what belongs to the women and vice versa due to the unclean nature of the women during their menstral cycle.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by officer210(m): 2:03pm On Feb 17, 2019
Me and u can add or remove whatever we like in the Bible or the holy Quran to suit our purposes.The word of God and standards of God will never ever change.

One thing am happy about is that with my own experience reading the Bible and the Quran, what God wants us to understand in these two books are not coined in any big grammar. No need of a degree in Theology or whatever before one can understand them.Maybe someone will let me know the universities that Jesus and the he apostles went or Prophet Mohammed SAW.

Any woman who wants to wear or not wear trouser should go ahead. U yourself check the scriptures is it the standard of my creator? Because it is so done in Asia, Europe and America does not or does confirm it is the standard of God.

Remember ooo we shall all stand before the judgement throne of God individually to give our accounts.

From the part of Nigeria I come from Yoruba land Butter is not one of monkey's diet. It is not part of our culture for women to wear trouser SOKOTO.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Michellla(f): 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2019

WHAT DOES DEUT 22:5 SAY?
Just so they don’t accuse us of trying to shy away from it.
Observe that in distinguishing between the outfits of men and women, the text (Deut 22:5) didn’t state exactly what kind of outfit belongs to the man and what kind of outfit belongs to the woman. It simply says the woman shouldn’t wear what pertains to the man and vice-versa.
How then do we determine what outfit(s) belong to which? Note that in talking about the variation in outfits, it didn’t mention the word ‘ trousers’ neither did it state that trousers are the exclusive preserve of men while women are bound to wear skirt always. It’s therefore mischievous to use this text as a basis for barring women from wearing trousers. Apart from this
seemingly controversial text, you’ll never find a portion in the bible that categorically states what kind of outfit is meant for the different sexes.
Since we can’t situate such distinction in outfits biblically, how then do we judge the matter?

IT’S CULTURALLY DETERMINED
In order to do justice to the matter, we’ll have to be able to make distinctions between what is culturally obtained and what is spiritually obtained . For instance, as touching women trousers by women, it’s primarily determined by what is considered moral and accepted by the culture/custom prevalent in a place.
What the different sexes wore was dictated by their cultures and what seemed appropriate to those cultures. For instance, it will interest you to know that during the bible days, in the Jewish culture, men wore skirts. See texts like DEUT22:30, 27:20, 1SAM24:4, HAG2:12, ZECH8:23 for confirmation.
Now, it’s absurd to see men wear skirts in the present times. However, in those days, men did. Also, during that period in history, men wore garments (what ladies refer to as GOWN nowadays). In our contemporary world, we observe that there is a variation in how the different genders dress depending on the society.
For instance, in the Western world, men and women wear trousers alike. What distinguishes the male trouser from that of the female is the style/manner in which they are sewn. As for the African culture, gone are the days when people tend to look down on women who wear trousers. In recent times, the practise has come to be generally acceptable .
[b]THE REAL ISSUE
The real issue is not the appropriateness of trousers for women. Rather, it’s the appropriateness of their
manner of appearance, be it in skirts or trousers. It’s about decency in the choice of outfit. To say that skirts are the only decent wear for a woman is purely
self-deceit .
Perhaps those who say trousers are not decent wears for women haven’t stepped out of the compounds in which they are born, all their lives. Otherwise, they will acknowledge that many skirts worn by women are far from being desirable. I speak of the kind of skirts that are really tight fitting and reveals the contour of the woman waist downwards…the type that is hyper-mini and slits in such a way that it exposes sensitive parts of the body.
WHAT THEN?
1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel…
1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
MODESTY IS THE KEY
Note that there is no mention of what kind of outfit meant for a woman in the passages. Also, observe that the key here is MODESTY (dress properly). What’s more, what they (women) should adorn themselves with is good works and not outward items. Attention is to be paid to the inward man and not the outward but not to the neglect of the outward appearance. While you go about looking good (whether in trousers or skirts), be particular about your true inner self . Your outward appearance should bother on modesty/decency and also be subservient to the adorning of the spirit man

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by koyeni(m): 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
It doesn't matter

Check my signature if u need a good laptop
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Originalsly: 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
Women should wear trousers.....after all... it was made for women. Is there no issue with shirts/blouses?....skirts?....gowns?.......are they women/men clothing? ...why always issue with trousers only? The only distinct women's garment is underwear......any preachings on this should be for men to stop wearing panties and bra.....and women to stop wearing men's briefs.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by emrys2955: 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
Gullah:
There has always been heated arguments among Christians and Christian denominations as regards the position of the Bible on wearing of trousers by women. I also had been conflicted about this at certain stages of my development as a Christian but after thorough and thoughtful examination of this matter, I came to a conclusion and I will outline my own argument on this issue with this thread.

Deuteronomy 22:5 (KJV)
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

This Bible passage above is where the entire controversy over appropriateness of Christian women wearing trousers or not emanate from

1. Note that it made not specifically talking about women wearing trousers, it does not even mention the word trouser as it wasn't even in existence then. It was talking about what we call Cross-dressing today so the question is should women wearing trousers today be seen as an example of cross dressing?

Trousers were not our clothing in this part of the world, it was a dressing we borrowed from western culture so if we are to determine if it is male or female clothing or not, we need to look to those that own the culture. From my research, the earliest appearance of trousers in human history were in Asia and much later in Europe and much of what we call the western world today.

The question is did women wear trousers in Asia and the western world or was it only for men? The truth is their women wore trousers and it is not a modern thing, they had been wearing trousers long before Christianity came to Nigeria. If Among the people that invented this trousers, women wear trousers, how did Africans who borrowed the culture come to conclude that it is only a man's wear? There are lots of evidence in historical arts that women wore trousers as far back as even before Jesus came.

2. Deuteronomy 22 is a Chapter with 30 verses all giving commandments to be obeyed by the Israelites in those days. They include commandments like,

Verse 9: Do not plant two kinds of seed in your vineyard; if you do, not only the crops you plant but also the fruit of the vineyard will be defiled.

Verse 11: Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

Verse 12: Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear e.t.c

The chapter even advocates for the stoning to death of a woman found not to be a virgin on her wedding night. So my question is why do some Christians zero in on only verse five and try to condemn people with it? Why not advocate for the implementation of the entire commandments in that chapter of the Bible? After all, Jesus said if you fail in one, you Have failed in all.

My advice to Christians is that Jesus came and became a fulfillment of the law, in other words, he fulfilled all the requirements of the law and introduced an era of grace where it is faith in Him and not observance of the law that brings salvation. It is a deception by the enemy to make us believe that after receiving salvation by grace through faith in Christ, we need to maintain that salvation by trying to observe all old testament laws and commandments.

you still don't understand scriptures by saying that Jesus introduced an era of grace where is faith in salvation.
maybe you should study more and understand the following
1. grace
2. salvation
3. faith
4. covenant
5. law /commandments
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by oyetpel(m): 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2019
Our neglect/detachment of culture let to the issue of trousers in Nigeria.

So some Nigeria women went abroad and saw women there in trousers not knowing that its because of weather and culture that's making them wear it.

Then when our women came home they brought the craziness that trousers is the new fashion neglecting our normal top and wrapper that allows proper air into women's private areas and close trousers that white women wear because of cold.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by chocolatelady(f): 2:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
I was born into a stauch catholic home. Growing up, u dare not wear trouser in my family, not only in my family sef infact in my whole town. They have this arachiac belief that trousers make u irresponsible and ill- mannered. If u dare wear trouser in my town as a lady, ur own don finish. The villagers will start asking whether there was someone at home before u dress like that and come out. Infact u will be relegated as a spoilt and wayward child. There was this lady in my town that did not care whatever anyone said about her, she used to wear trousers then esp during the christmass season to come to field those days to watch masquerades. If u see the way everyone will be looking at her as if she is an alien, u will bow. People will be saying who will marry this one and all that. Then come one year, i think in 2000 december, girls said no, that they will wear trousers and go out since they wear it in school that is in the university. They said that its only hypocrites that will wear trousers in school and refuse to wear same outside the school. Infact , that year ladies and young girls went hay wire refusing to hear whatever their parents are saying about wearing trousers, infact the catholic girls in the church those days will penalise u if u are seen wearing trouser. U will pay a certain amount to them then. Fear did not allow me wear when I saw others wearing trouser to come and watch masquerade mainly in my compound becos our house is close to the field infact opposite the field also opposite the catholic church. Inside me, I wanted to wear but did not have the gut to wear it. There is this my in law that will not want to see u in that rubbish u call trouser. Infact u dare not try wearing it in his presence, even to fix nails na war. One day, I went into a serious argument with him that there is nothing wrong in ladies wearing trousers. I asked him will it be right for a lady to wear skirt that exposes her laps or may not sit well on a chair. Is that one better than wearing trousers that cover ur whole body. Infact there is no scenario that I did not paint for the man to agree with me that there is nothing wrong in wearing trouser. This argument lasted for more than 6hrs but at the end of it, I was able to convince him and he accepted that there is nothing wrong with that so far the persons trouser is not too tight to expose her bum bum. I also convince my dad. Nairalanders, that was how I started wearing trousers with others ooo. No be small thing. My dear, even the churches then in the east, trouser is a no go area for them. One thing that shocked me is that apart from not allowing trousers in the church, if u dare wear a sleeves gown and cover ur shoulder with a shawl, they will not still allow u to enter the church. They will be telling u that why are u using shawl that its becos u are wearing a sleeveless gown. Even skirts with slits that is above ur knee u will not be allowed into the church. The church wardens will not even allow u get close to the door talk more of entering the church. The way they will shout at u, u will think that u are not a human being maybe u are an animal that does not belong to the society. To the question the op is asking about wearing trousers. For me, there is nothing wrong in that , just like some people posted on this topic that in the old testament, Deutronomy, u shall not wear cloth meant for a man and vice versa. This was said becos women normally menstruate every month and are referred to as unclean during the period and are refused to enter sacred places. U as the husband finding out that ur own robe is dirty may decide to wear ur wifes own. The bible is against that simply becos of the uncleanliness of the wife. My 10k opinion!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by photon3106: 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
chocolatelady:
During that period, men and women wear robes, no skirt or trouser. Women do menstruate and not allow to enter certain sacred places. For this , they say that women should not wear cloth, that is the robe that the men wear or the other way round. Simply put, that husband and wives shouldnt exchange their robes and wear becos women do menstruate. That is my understanding of the passage that says that men should not wear anything that belong to women and vice versa. But this born again churches that turn the bible upside down will not allow u hear word when they see u as a lady wearing trouser.
I think so too that that's the interpretation.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by socialmediaman: 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
This is the picture of a decent Christian bride and her chief bride's maid. That is the standard for true Christian dressing, anything more is carnal. Trousers are for men! Christian women must dress decently.

Are you a Christian? Do you live your life around Mosaic laws as a Christian?
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by zeestone99(m): 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
Is it a sin for a man to tie wrapper? Wen u ans this u knw yr answer to ur question
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by delimit(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
The short of the whole story is don't wear anything that will make the opposite sex to sin. like wearing cloth that reveal your body or too tight that will show your shape to the extend of making opposite sex to commit sin. 1 Corinthian 8:1-13
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by mabea: 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
This is the picture of a decent Christian bride and her chief bride's maid. That is the standard for true Christian dressing, anything more is carnal. Trousers are for men! Christian women must dress decently.
Who set this standard biko?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by tsinzu: 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
Daeylar:
It's quite sad that bible teaches that women shouldn't wear trousers because they seduce men..
The misogyny is sickening.
Why should women be made to suffer because of men? Should men stop wearing trousers because women are seduced, or they don't think that is possible?
Trousers are very comfortable for women and most times more practical.
But the comfort of one gender should be removed because men are seduced? Why is it a big deal that men are seduced?
Men will manage.

Everyone gets seduced. We just call on our self control, respect ourselves and move on.
Can u please show me where the Bible says women shouldn't wear trousers because they seduce men? You just jump into an argument you know nothing about with this very ignorant contribution. Show me where the Bible said such or shut the fvck up!!!! I am sure you're not even a Christian for you to be this ignorant about the Bible
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by janziba(f): 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
musa234:
How could you write this way. Difficult to read ma, no fullstop, no coma, question marks or apostrophe. Please improve on your mode of writing.

noted with respect i will learn to write with punctuation
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by sacx: 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
gidjah:
God bless u sis, may be u could help talk to your fellow ladies out here,most of this ladies that tend to defend this practice are horrible. Dressers, women have come a long way in abusing fashion in this world.any dress u wore that can get men aroused is simply a sin, any seductive dress pumping out curves and body shapes is all sinful practice no matter who is who.trousers in its self ain't bad but we have been abusing it all long.u see married women too wear clothes like they are still single and searching.any attire you wear that makes you look like a jezebel is a sinful thing,in the bible we all claim to be following after, how do we identify a harlot separate from a humble child of God?is it not through bad dress sense? So there are sinful dress sense and righteous dress sense. But. I noticed that the sin of pride, arrogance won't make people learn and wanna change, the devil has planted pride and arrogance into us so we won't accept correction without offence. The Holy spirit has been choked out of our hearts. Thank u dear sister.

You seem to exalt the knowledge of sin and the power of the devil over believers. Stop being sin conscious. It has never produced life, rather a certain constraint to act in ways that would be deemed acceptable by other 'spiritual' folks.

If you don't know yet that the laws of the old covenant does not apply to the new creation, then shocked
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by sacx: 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
rentAcock:
Its not my job to judge anyone because the old and new testaments seem to contradict themselves sometimes so I say just follow your heart and try to do right. But on Judgement day, i'm afraid that many people may be turned away from the gates of heaven because of these conflicting interpretations.

The reason they seem to contradict themselves is because you try to mix them together. They dont mix, no. One has given way for the other to subsist.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by bedspread: 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
sassysure:

The world has been living with disaster from time immemorial and will continue till forever.
Majority of the population of this world died without knowing what the bible is. Majority of the world's population comprising the two biggest population don't practice Christianity.
So ur type of religion might be an abomination to ur nebor.

Apart from the constitution of your country, state, and the moral compass around ur vicinity, u owe nobody any explanation on how u live your life.
Capputio.

My Sister drop this belief of Yours... it's not about Religion..... ITS All about JESUS! That's the Greatest gift u could give yourself!

The Constitution of the World is GOD'S WORD....

Any other Human Constitution that Goes against GOD'S Word is a Recipe for Disater...

Every Human was Created...
The Moment anyone drops Dead ... no Constitution will save Him or Her...

There are 2 Destinations for Everybody on Earth.. it's Either Heaven or Hell! And it's by the Constitution of GOD'S WORD that all will be judged not any country Constitution!

Everyone must Miss one of those destinations...

If you Miss Heaven.... you Cannot Miss Hell..

GOD BLESS You And Give you Understanding of your Purpose here on Earth..
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by bedspread: 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
femi4:
According to what scripture

Stop mixing culture with religion. To start with, trouser is not even an African attaire, so it baffles me when Africans choose who wears it

To say that God invented trousers is spiritual unintelligence
The CREATOR of the Inventor of Trousers is GOD ALMIGHTY.....

Troseur is a Male Attire! Let's stop Decieving ourselves.... You don't need to be told about dt!
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by bedspread: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
Probz:

Jesus wore robes. Southern Nigerian man tie wrapper and so do most men in traditional countries (including Scottish men and kilts). People love to cherry-pick the Bible.

Trousers is an Attire for the Male folks
Skirt is a an Attite For the Female Folks.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by femi4: 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
bedspread:
The CREATOR of the Inventor of Trousers is GOD ALMIGHTY.....

Troseur is a Male Attire! Let's stop Decieving ourselves.... You don't need to be told about dt!

show me where it is in the Bible

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Probz(m): 5:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
bedspread:

Trousers is an Attire for the Male folks
Skirt is a an Attite For the Female Folks.

Since the beginning of time or in the past 200 years?
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Ugosample(m): 6:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
Richdad50:
I wonder why there is no
"I believe that there is no Allah but God"
"I believe that Jesus is God's only Son."
"I believe that Christianity is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh is a useless phrase"
The moderators restrict Muslim posts and allow you to tongue lash the gospel. Keep commenting

#Richdad

it's a shame

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Teecomm(m): 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
Y'all saying that the Bible says that Ladies should not wear things pertaining to the men, You're right
Buh you should know that these trousers are feminine...they are made for females, that doesn't make it a male wear or can any of you guys wear it Out??
If NO, it's definitely a female wear

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by bedspread: 6:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
Probz:

Since the beginning of time or in the past 200 years?

What you and I know since we came into the World .... Except you wanna DECIEVE yourself
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Probz(m): 6:16pm On Feb 17, 2019
bedspread:

What you and I know since we came into the World .... Except you wanna DECIEVE yourself

I wonder if it was a sin for Jesus to wear robes or Igbo men wrapper.

If you can’t see the foolishness in what you typed above I don’t have any interest engaging this with you any further.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by bedspread: 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
Probz:

I wonder if it was a sin for Jesus to wear robes or Igbo men wrapper.

If you can’t see the foolishness in what you typed above I don’t have any interest engaging this with you any further.
GOD BLESS YOU... Hv your way
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Probz(m): 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/clothing/meninskirts.htm

Anyone who wants to be ignorant can read that article.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Mosco100(m): 7:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
Gullah:
There has always been heated arguments among Christians and Christian denominations as regards the position of the Bible on wearing of trousers by women. I also had been conflicted about this at certain stages of my development as a Christian but after thorough and thoughtful examination of this matter, I came to a conclusion and I will outline my own argument on this issue with this thread.

Deuteronomy 22:5 (KJV)
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

This Bible passage above is where the entire controversy over appropriateness of Christian women wearing trousers or not emanate from

1. Note that it made not specifically talking about women wearing trousers, it does not even mention the word trouser as it wasn't even in existence then. It was talking about what we call Cross-dressing today so the question is should women wearing trousers today be seen as an example of cross dressing?

Trousers were not our clothing in this part of the world, it was a dressing we borrowed from western culture so if we are to determine if it is male or female clothing or not, we need to look to those that own the culture. From my research, the earliest appearance of trousers in human history were in Asia and much later in Europe and much of what we call the western world today.

The question is did women wear trousers in Asia and the western world or was it only for men? The truth is their women wore trousers and it is not a modern thing, they had been wearing trousers long before Christianity came to Nigeria. If Among the people that invented this trousers, women wear trousers, how did Africans who borrowed the culture come to conclude that it is only a man's wear? There are lots of evidence in historical arts that women wore trousers as far back as even before Jesus came.

2. Deuteronomy 22 is a Chapter with 30 verses all giving commandments to be obeyed by the Israelites in those days. They include commandments like,

Verse 9: Do not plant two kinds of seed in your vineyard; if you do, not only the crops you plant but also the fruit of the vineyard will be defiled.

Verse 11: Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

Verse 12: Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear e.t.c

The chapter even advocates for the stoning to death of a woman found not to be a virgin on her wedding night. So my question is why do some Christians zero in on only verse five and try to condemn people with it? Why not advocate for the implementation of the entire commandments in that chapter of the Bible? After all, Jesus said if you fail in one, you have failed in all.

My advice to Christians is that Jesus came and became a fulfillment of the law, in other words, he fulfilled all the requirements of the law and introduced an era of grace where it is faith in Him and not observance of the law that brings salvation. It is a deception by the enemy to make us believe that after receiving salvation by grace through faith in Christ, we need to maintain that salvation by trying to observe all old testament laws and commandments.

According to Deuteronomy 22: 5, cross dressing is abomination.

Read what REVELATION in the New testament says about abomination in Chapter 21 verse 27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Mosco100(m): 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2019
rentAcock:
Its not my job to judge anyone because the old and new testaments seem to contradict themselves sometimes so I say just follow your heart and try to do right. But on Judgement day, i'm afraid that many people may be turned away from the gates of heaven because of these conflicting interpretations.
The bible does not contradict itself
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by ShegzyB: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
When God gives you brain.......use it.

what is a trouser: Trousers are a piece of clothing that you wear over your body from the waist downwards, and that cover each leg separately. (Dictionary)

it it doesnt refer to any gender.

Follow my logic:

If humans had three legs, the trousers would have been that piece of clothing that cover each of the three legs separately from the waist.
So, are u trying to say its a sin to wear a piece of clothing that covers each of ones legs?
If you insist trousers are men's clothes, then women's pants should not have two 'holes' to accommodate each leg. Their pant should be like a piece of stocking cut half-way up. Its a sin for women to wear shorts. Its a sin for them to wear anything that accommodates their lower limbs separately from the waist, like that skin-tight (that looks like trouser) they wear under their skirt...

If that law applies to the lower limbs (legs), then its should apply to the upper limbs (hands). Hence, women should not wear clothes with hands. just drop it over your head and let it flow all the way down.....wear skirt for bottom and wear it for top....

One person just misreads and misinterpretes a verse of scriptures and people just accepts it hook line and sinker without using their God-given brain......

Dont even bother telling me about personal decision, because that decision was influenced by wrong doctrines and wrong beliefs

My father wey be pastor cannot even convince me otherwise....and no pastor can tell me its a since for women to wear trouser.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? / Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians / Ghanaian Woman Storms Church To Take Back All Her Tithes And Offerings (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.