Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? (31153 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / Daddy Freeze Hails Pastor Abel Damina For Saying Women Can Wear Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by gidjah(m): 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
sacx:

You seem to exalt the knowledge of sin and the power of the devil over believers. Stop being sin conscious. It has never produced life, rather a certain constraint to act in ways that would be deemed acceptable by other 'spiritual' folks.

If you don't know yet that the laws of the old covenant does not apply to the new creation, then shocked
your opinion I guess sir, bottom line if my point is;all things are lawful but all things are not expedient ,all things are lawful but no manbshoyld be brought under the power of any ,if the food ibshall consume will bring my fellow brother to destruction ,then its better I runaway from eating such food. any act I indulge in which can push a fellow brother out of this race is not work the act.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by bedspread: 10:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
femi4:
show me where it is in the Bible

John 1:1-3

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by femi4: 10:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
bedspread:

John 1:1-3

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Indeed you are bedspread.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by sacx: 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2019
gidjah:
your opinion I guess sir, bottom line if my point is;all things are lawful but all things are not expedient ,all things are lawful but no manbshoyld be brought under the power of any ,if the food ibshall consume will bring my fellow brother to destruction ,then its better I runaway from eating such food. any act I indulge in which can push a fellow brother out of this race is not work the act.

Oh yeah, you can have it that way. I was once like you so I have an understanding of the posture on which you are leaning. I just want you to know that there is a greater light than this. You are loved.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Hahjascho(m): 11:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
Scatterscatter:
Any Christian that condemns females wearing trousers is either ignorant or overzealous.

Such Christians don't have the Holy Spirit neither do they know Christ personally.

Check it well, such Christians are followers of Pastors, not Jesus.

Such Christians are the pharisees and sadusees and Hypocrites the Bible talks about.

Wearing of trousers has absolutely noting to do with one's salvation or holiness, but in all, modesty is of the essence. The same way we have seductive
Skirts is the same way we have seductive trousers.

What should be preached is MODESTY, either for skirt or trousers.
It would have been good if those who wear it have the spirit filled mindset of MODESTY you say. Majority are into it because it makes them look more good, beautiful/ gorgeous/ presentable/ and slightly raises their self esteem that they are getting it right., and most importantly lack of contentment ....or you think all women style of dressings available are not good enough? Remember what happens to Samson..his parent warned him if he had not seen the right spouse from amongst his own people but why stranger?.../......which is totally wrong....you know the word of God can't be reframed... God also warns against it....

But what I see to it is that many remain obstinate in wearing it because of the self INTEREST and IGNORANCE (permit me) ..

This is because whatever you like is what you like......LUST intoxicates ..it confuses the senses and falsify the mind to get rootless inspiration to support one's view at a time.

This is not the matter of being a Pharisee or Sadducee..... Remember God is one and his standard is definite..... also believers are known to be sensitive ,cautious and teachable as to what edifies the soul and makes the mind right before God.

This is however not a message of condemnation or 'ill-sayng ' but rather a sensitive call to alertness in Christ journey to the home of glory...
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Ken4Christ: 11:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
Get my ebook on this subject. It deals with this and other related questions. It is titled, The Woman Question. You can get your copy if you are in Nigeria just for N500. Email me at kenmacaulay@ymail.com if you are interested. It is the most detailed book on this subject.

For those in countries outside Africa, you can get it in Amazon. Click the link to buy http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F0WX4RO
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Scatterscatter(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2019
Hahjascho:
It would have been good if those who wear it have the spirit filled mindset of MODESTY you say. Majority are into it because it makes them look more good, beautiful/ gorgeous/ presentable/ and slightly raises their self esteem that they are getting it right., and most importantly lack of contentment ....or you think all women style of dressings available are not good enough? Remember what happens to Samson..his parent warned him if he had not seen the right spouse from amongst his own people but why stranger?.../......which is totally wrong....you know the word of God can't be reframed... God also warns against it....

But what I see to it is that many remain obstinate in wearing it because of the self INTEREST and IGNORANCE (permit me) ..

This is because whatever you like is what you like......LUST intoxicates ..it confuses the senses and falsify the mind to get rootless inspiration to support one's view at a time.

This is not the matter of being a Pharisee or Sadducee..... Remember God is one and his standard is definite..... also believers are known to be sensitive ,cautious and teachable as to what edifies the soul and makes the mind right before God.

This is however not a message of condemnation or 'ill-sayng ' but rather a sensitive call to alertness in Christ journey to the home of glory...

I understand and respect your opinion.
But really, is there anything wrong with looking beautiful and very presentable? If dressing comfortably will help to improve one's self esteem, is it bad to do such?

I'm yet to see a place in the Bible where trousers is a sin. We should approach issues like this with caution and sensitivity. Don't make others feel bad because of your misinterpretation of the Bible. NO FEMALE BELIEVER WILL GO TO HELL BECAUSE OF WEARING TROUSERS.

Let's stop this message of condemnation and focus on the gospel of LOVE
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 18, 2019
Back in Moses days, neither the men nor the women knew anything called trousers so it's a modern day clothing and it's designed for masculine and feminine!
What God is impressing on HIS people is how to avoid sex between same genders since a male must PUT ON the acts of female for homosexuality to take place and the same is applicable to lesbians!
Instead of this topic,why not work on women taught by some religious leaders to avoid all the things that will show their feminine status e.g
* Hairstyles
* Earrings
* Makeups and others that will enhance their beauty as God purposed from the beginning? Note that God's plan is for the female to become a COMPLIMENT of the male so they will always try looking attractive before the males because God created them for that purpose!
Today most women are loosing their marriages because they've lost that feminine attribute and attractive ladies who are freethinkers are enjoying all the fruit of the married men's labour as those ones got hooked to some religious psychopaths!
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
This is the picture of a decent Christian bride and her chief bride's maid[b]. That is the standard for true Christian dressing, [/b]anything more is carnal. Trousers are for men! Christian women must dress decently.

Says who
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Olumyco(m): 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
Hmmmmm this topic!

First of all, all the historical documents of trouser are not coherent. No one can actually say this is how it originated. So OP what you said is just one history of trouser there are many others infact there documents who links that of US to women liberation issue. There are historical documents where it is stated that trousers were worn by men until women started wearing it.
So in all the only thing I can deduce from all these is that trouser was designed with the intention of producing a clothe that suits hardwork, smart work and warfare. And when you look at that you will agree with me that Men are the ones doing these. Hardly would you see ladies doing hard/smart work then. Not even going to battle except for very few. So the intention that brought trouser into limelight was actually things that Men are known for.

Now considering reasons why we wear clothes. We wear clothes just for three reasons.
1. To cover unclothedness
2. To protect our body
3. To look good (fashion)

Now lets look at these three things and relate it to a female wearing trousers.

Case1
A lady who puts on trouser which covers her unclothedness, protects her body and also looks good is actually a professional lady who is into engineering works or a lady soldier or a lady sweeping on the high way or any profession that demands hardwork or smartwork or warfare/force. One thing with this type of dressing is that the woman is not the one who will even get the trouser, the profession/company/organisation itself would make it available. The trouser is made such that it covers, protects and looks good. So its not seductive.

Case2
A lady who puts on trouser which does not cover her unclothedness but protects her to an extent and looks good is actually our today's ladies who wear all those trousers that are tight and revealing. It is actually not for any purpose but to looks fashionable because today's fashion is about unclothedness. How much body parts and curves and co you can reveal determines how fashionable you are.

So we all can see that there is nothing like modesty in wearing a trouser if you are not into any profession....

Let's be practical have you guys seen a trouser clothing for women that is not tight. No.

All fashionable women trousers are tight. let's not be hypocritical about this. It is wrong for a lady to wear trouser because it reveals an area that is suggestive. The way ladies are created is different from men. That is why skirt matches a lady design more than trouser.

In NYSC ladies goes to slim fit there trousers to be so tight... so what are we saying?
Can a lady wear a trouser that is not tight? People will think such a lady has HIV or a kind of disease.

In Christianity motive/intent/purpose is very important. So tell me the motive or intent or purpose behind why a Christian lady will put on trouser?
Having considered all that is above, our answer to this question solves the issue

Modesty is being able to dress to cover your unclothedness and at thesame time looks good.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by virgintoto(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
[quote author=ojimbo post=75814034]Religion can be describe as a social madness accepted by many [/quote
Na u create ur self,tell me how u take do am

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by virgintoto(m): 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2019
ednut1:
Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to the foreigner residing in any of your towns, and they may eat it, or you may sell it to any other foreigner. But you are a people holy to the LORD your God. Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.

If a book contains such verses i dont think i shud take it serious
What don't know can't not kill .
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by virgintoto(m): 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
mrwonlasewonie:
Is it a sin to use your brain and stop blindly following indoctrinations and dogmas of men?
What do u know?
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by virgintoto(m): 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2019
Scatterscatter:
Any Christian that condemns females wearing trousers is either ignorant or overzealous.

Such Christians don't have the Holy Spirit neither do they know Christ personally.

Such Christians are the pharisees and sadusees and Hypocrites the Bible talks about.

Wearing of trousers has absolutely noting to do with one's salvation or holiness, but in all, modesty is of the essence. The same way we have seductive

Thank u
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by virgintoto(m): 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2019
raphieMontella:
funny...

the Romans wore skirts...

even your so called Jesus wore a "gown"
U created ur self, can u please tell me his u did it?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by ano460: 8:43pm On Mar 20, 2019
Deuteronomy 22:5
Read !!!

5 A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by mrwonlasewonie: 7:34am On Sep 13, 2019
virgintoto:

What do u know?
does this one even have a brain? grin
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by khiaa(f): 8:38am On Sep 13, 2019
Pavore9:

So Christianity should be based on what is "now considered"? shocked

So you tell an Irish man to do away with his kilt, which is ingrained in him as his identity because of what? The same Irish who massively propagated Christianity in Africa?

It's the Scots who wear the kilt.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by orunto27: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2019
No. It is not. That they might not be easily raped.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by sammysmiles(m): 3:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
Scatterscatter:

Wisdom full your head.... Most of this sect are full of words and no power because no holy ghost...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Acted Jesus Of Nazareth / Prayer Points For Rccg February 2012 Fasting And Prayer / Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.