Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? (31141 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / Daddy Freeze Hails Pastor Abel Damina For Saying Women Can Wear Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by bedspread: 9:23am On Feb 17, 2019
sassysure:
U know, Jesus and people of that time never wore trousers.
They were the same thing women wear back then,robes.

So how come men wear trousers now and see nothing wrong with it?

Religious bondage producing barren minds everywhere.
Just look at a question an adult asked.

A 10yrs old kid in a developed country will laugh at the stupidity of this question and educate you on the evolution of clothing in this world.
Oops!
In the Things of GOD drop your sense! Drop Evolution and all dt!!

The Standard is The Bible not Invention or Evolution!

We all will give Account of ourselves to The Same GOD!

Have u heard anything like Male Skirt or Male blouse?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Timisamd(m): 9:28am On Feb 17, 2019
rentAcock:
Its not my job to judge anyone because the old and new testaments seem to contradict themselves sometimes so I say just follow your heart and try to do right. But on Judgement day, i'm afraid that many people may be turned away from the gates of heaven because of these conflicting interpretations.
the best comment ever in this topic.... You deserve a medal

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Rotimi47: 9:29am On Feb 17, 2019
CAPITAL NO.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by kenlinzo(m): 9:30am On Feb 17, 2019
Sultty:

sad sad Like seriously

Like I will always say, we have male and female clothing. And under these clothing, we have male and female trousers, shirt, pants, shoes etc. In urhobo for example, men do tie wrappers like women for occasions but the way these wrappers are made are different as well as the shirt and blouse which makes it male and female clothing. The woman can never tie the wrapper made for an urhobo man to an occasion cos its way out of what they use.
I pray u get an understanding from my example above.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Sultty(m): 9:31am On Feb 17, 2019
kenlinzo:

Yea.....the bible only mentioned "men's clothing and women's gown". Pls if there is any place the bible mentioned trouser for men and skirt for women pls show me so I can learn
What I meant is that d Bible is telling us to avoid anything associated with men's (mode of dressing) which is trouser in our modern time and skirts for women
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Pavore9: 9:36am On Feb 17, 2019
Sultty:

Research or not, but trousers is now considered a man's cloth and skirt and blouse for women so it's better for a Christian to safely abide with it

So Christianity should be based on what is "now considered"? shocked

So you tell an Irish man to do away with his kilt, which is ingrained in him as his identity because of what? The same Irish who massively propagated Christianity in Africa?

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by aliscomonaj: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2019
Then why not accept Islam which is free from contradictions?
ednut1:
Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to the foreigner residing in any of your towns, and they may eat it, or you may sell it to any other foreigner. But you are a people holy to the LORD your God. Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.

If a book contains such verses i dont think i shud take it serious

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by gidjah(m): 9:40am On Feb 17, 2019
BecaciaBarbie:
To be honest ... I stopped wearing trousers a while ago including jewelry but recently I discovered God is not against any of these, what matters most is for you to dress decently in a way that people can see Christ in you.
While thinking about this, I saw two obviously married women walked past me, one was putting on a very tight leggings that gave her back shape a disgusting sight and one that men wouldn't get their eyes off not because they find her attractive as it seemed like she was walking naked.
Dress decently, don't wear leggings without a long top... Jeans are okay, don't wear those crazy cuts, wear something simple and modest... Simplicity is class.
God bless u sis, may be u could help talk to your fellow ladies out here,most of this ladies that tend to defend this practice are horrible. Dressers, women have come a long way in abusing fashion in this world.any dress u wore that can get men aroused is simply a sin, any seductive dress pumping out curves and body shapes is all sinful practice no matter who is who.trousers in its self ain't bad but we have been abusing it all long.u see married women too wear clothes like they are still single and searching.any attire you wear that makes you look like a jezebel is a sinful thing,in the bible we all claim to be following after, how do we identify a harlot separate from a humble child of God?is it not through bad dress sense? So there are sinful dress sense and righteous dress sense. But. I noticed that the sin of pride, arrogance won't make people learn and wanna change, the devil has planted pride and arrogance into us so we won't accept correction without offence. The Holy spirit has been choked out of our hearts. Thank u dear sister.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 17, 2019
Gullah:
There has always been heated arguments among Christians and Christian denominations as regards the position of the Bible on wearing of trousers by women. I also had been conflicted about this at certain stages of my development as a Christian but after thorough and thoughtful examination of this matter, I came to a conclusion and I will outline my own argument on this issue with this thread.

Deuteronomy 22:5 (KJV)
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

This Bible passage above is where the entire controversy over appropriateness of Christian women wearing trousers or not emanate from

1. Note that it made not specifically talking about women wearing trousers, it does not even mention the word trouser as it wasn't even in existence then. It was talking about what we call Cross-dressing today so the question is should women wearing trousers today be seen as an example of cross dressing?

Trousers were not our clothing in this part of the world, it was a dressing we borrowed from western culture so if we are to determine if it is male or female clothing or not, we need to look to those that own the culture. From my research, the earliest appearance of trousers in human history were in Asia and much later in Europe and much of what we call the western world today.

The question is did women wear trousers in Asia and the western world or was it only for men? The truth is their women wore trousers and it is not a modern thing, they had been wearing trousers long before Christianity came to Nigeria. If Among the people that invented this trousers, women wear trousers, how did Africans who borrowed the culture come to conclude that it is only a man's wear? There are lots of evidence in historical arts that women wore trousers as far back as even before Jesus came.

2. Deuteronomy 22 is a Chapter with 30 verses all giving commandments to be obeyed by the Israelites in those days. They include commandments like,

Verse 9: Do not plant two kinds of seed in your vineyard; if you do, not only the crops you plant but also the fruit of the vineyard will be defiled.

Verse 11: Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

Verse 12: Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear e.t.c

The chapter even advocates for the stoning to death of a woman found not to be a virgin on her wedding night. So my question is why do some Christians zero in on only verse five and try to condemn people with it? Why not advocate for the implementation of the entire commandments in that chapter of the Bible? After all, Jesus said if you fail in one, you have failed in all.

My advice to Christians is that Jesus came and became a fulfillment of the law, in other words, he fulfilled all the requirements of the law and introduced an era of grace where it is faith in Him and not observance of the law that brings salvation. It is a deception by the enemy to make us believe that after receiving salvation by grace through faith in Christ, we need to maintain that salvation by trying to observe all old testament laws and commandments.

In the course of your research, have you for once asked if those developed countries wore trousers when Christianity got there?. Why not interview oldest women in the US or other countries to see if trouser was their culture. Many of the missionaries didn't wear trouser when they came to Africa how come things suddenly change overnight?.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Sultty(m): 9:40am On Feb 17, 2019
Pavore9:

So Christianity should be based on what is "now considered"? shocked

So you tell an Irish man to do away with his kilt, which is ingrained in him as his identity because of what? The same Irish who massively propagated Christianity in Africa?

D enemy will want sentiments to harden d hearts of men and will repackage sin to make it look attractive. If u think it's ok who am I to judge but it's all about perspective #peace out
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by ednut1(m): 9:42am On Feb 17, 2019
aliscomonaj:
Then why not accept Islam which is free from contradictions?
has no place in the 21st century. Backward and archaic religion created by a sex freak. No wonder he had so much wives yet 4 is permitted for u

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by clive2u(m): 9:44am On Feb 17, 2019
i think there is a viable explanation for this cos if not we are all. sinners. we all put on the opposite sex stuffs one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Pavore9: 9:47am On Feb 17, 2019
Sultty:

D enemy will want sentiments to harden d hearts of men and will repackage sin to make it look attractive. If u think it's ok who am I to judge but it's all about perspective #peace out

Repackage sin? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 17, 2019
Sin was coined from the words Sine and Cosine.

Mathematical representation of wave nature of reality.

Lies, Lies, Lies.

There is no burden of sin. Just mind control for the religions to milk you dry.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Dindomitable1: 9:56am On Feb 17, 2019
Mintum:
Chosen and Deeper life members will not like this. Even our resident pharisees of nairaland Mr. Albhagdadi will not be happy with this

Still remember that Deeper life preaches sound doctrine. I've been there before, intact if you follow and obey what they preach heaven is sure for you
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 17, 2019
bedspread:

It's not a Matter of When you were born! Or how old are u!

Trousers is not a Female Attire.. it's For the Male folks..

GOD IS Not an Author of Confusion!

A Lady who puts on Trousers and wants to pee will have to Expose her unclothedness.. Whereas the Woman with a skirt or Gown will not have to do dt!

Is der Anything like Male Skirt or Male Blouse...

May we Not be Caught Unawares in our little Knowledge!

Let me first ask you, who made trousers?

Was it God or the westerners?

Don't you see their women wearing trousers?

Now let me tell you the difference between male and female trousers. The male trousers has a longer fly, female trousers has smaller a waist

Also, if a woman wants to pee and she takes off her trousers in the toilet who exactly is she exposing her unclothedness to?

It's high time you people stopped spiritualizing us.

If you're so angry that we can were trousers but it's ridiculous when you wear skirts, you should go to Scotland.

Everything is like a competition to some of y'all.

6 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Obakoolex(m): 10:01am On Feb 17, 2019
Almost all the ladies wear some sort of trouser even under skirt, so as a lady if you claim it's a sin to wear trouser and you put on tight short under your skirt or bum short in your house you are like atiku fighting kurroption grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by gidgiddy: 10:03am On Feb 17, 2019
Gullah:
There has always been heated arguments among Christians and Christian denominations as regards the position of the Bible on wearing of trousers by women. I also had been conflicted about this at certain stages of my development as a Christian but after thorough and thoughtful examination of this matter, I came to a conclusion and I will outline my own argument on this issue with this thread.

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

This Bible passage above is where the entire controversy over appropriateness of Christian women wearing trousers or not emanate from

1. Note that it made not specifically talking about women wearing trousers, it does not even mention the word trouser as it wasn't even in existence then. It was talking about what we call Cross-dressing today so the question is should women wearing trousers today be seen as an example of cross dressing?

Trousers were not our clothing in this part of the world, it was a dressing we borrowed from western culture so if we are to determine if it is male or female clothing or not, we need to look to those that own the culture. From my research, the earliest appearance of trousers in human history were in Asia and much later in Europe and much of what we call the western world today.

The question is did women wear trousers in Asia and the western world or was it only for men? The truth is their women wore trousers and it is not a modern thing, they had been wearing trousers long before Christianity came to Nigeria. If Among the people that invented this trousers, women wear trousers, how did Africans who borrowed the culture come to conclude that it is only a man's wear? There are lots of evidence in historical arts that women wore trousers as far back as even before Jesus came.

2. Deuteronomy 22 is a Chapter with 30 verses all giving commandments to be obeyed by the Israelites in those days. They include commandments like,

Verse 9: Do not plant two kinds of seed in your vineyard; if you do, not only the crops you plant but also the fruit of the vineyard will be defiled.

The chapter even advocates for the stoning to death of a woman found not to be a virgin on her wedding night. So my question is why do some Christians zero in on only verse five and try to condemn people with it? Why not advocate for the implementation of the entire commandments in that chapter of the Bible? After all, Jesus said if you fail in one, you have failed in all.

My advice to Christians is that Jesus came and became a fulfillment of the law, in other words, he fulfilled all the requirements of the law and introduced an era of grace where it is faith in Him and not observance of the law that brings salvation. It is a deception by the enemy to make us believe that after receiving salvation by grace through faith in Christ, we need to maintain that salvation by trying to observe all old testament laws and commandments.

Years ago I was arguing this with a friend but what he told me is that when this verse in the bible was written, there was no such thing as trousers. In fact, at the time, women and men wore the same type of gowns.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 17, 2019
chiefqueen:
It's not.

Trousers were made for both men and women.

What baffles me is how someone is still asking this kind of question, when were you born?
ok look at you https://saturdayblog24.com/companies-that-can-help-track-your-car-in-nigeria/
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by bedspread: 10:06am On Feb 17, 2019
chiefqueen:

Let me first ask you, who made trousers?

Was it God or the westerners?

Don't you see their women wearing trousers?

Now let me tell you the difference between male and female trousers. The male trousers has a longer fly, female trousers has smaller waist width.

Also, if a woman wants to pee and she takes off her trousers in the toilet who exactly is she exposing her unclothedness to?

It's high time you people stopped spiritualizing.

If you're so angry that we can were trousers but it's ridiculous when you wear skirts, you should go to Scotland.

Everything is a competition to some if y'all.

An not Angry for any Reasons My sister..

Scotland is Not The Standard!

The HOLY BIBLE IS THE STANDARD..

No body created Himself! We all were Created by GOD and we all will Report to Him...

The Creator of The inventor of Trousers is GOD..

There will be no need for GOD to give commandments about Female and male attires if not for things as these..

It's like a Man who goes to plait his hair on put on Earings under any guise ... it's Abomination....

If I were u, I will seek GOD'S face on dt ! No inventions or Modernization or whatever Exceeds GOD'S WORD

GOD Bless U

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by janziba(f): 10:06am On Feb 17, 2019
This Topic is deep I will take a portion and pray the Holy Spirit gives light and understanding there is no specific cloth for both male and female God sew same apron/garment for both Adam and eve after discovery of their nudeness now a lot happened from then to the point God came with this rule and the reason was to avoid any form of transfer of impurity to one another as wife you should not put on ur hubbys jacket if you do u contradict this law as a hubby you can't tie ur wife's wrapper for any reason remember when a lady is on she is unclean if you touch anything she has touched makes you unclean so to avoid issues of impurity God decided to imbibe that law as a man also there are many things that make you unclean and if anyone also comes in contact with what you contact becomes unclean wearing trousers are choices for me I don't like it for my hubby's sake but not contradicting the scriptures if i wears it as long as it does not makes me unclad to others and if I disobey him I disobey my lord who is accountable unto the Lotd

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by musa234(m): 10:07am On Feb 17, 2019
ednut1:
Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to the foreigner residing in any of your towns, and they may eat it, or you may sell it to any other foreigner. But you are a people holy to the LORD your God. Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.

If a book contains such verses i dont think i shud take it serious
This portion is very wrong. I just searched of it on Google. How could the Bible say such?
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by miketayo(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2019
Gullah:

can a man wear those trousers sewn for women? have u asked yourself this question.. who said trousers were meant for men alone?
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 17, 2019
chiefqueen:
It's not.

Trousers were made for both men and women.

What baffles me is how someone is still asking this kind of question, when were you born?
ok look at you https://saturdayblog24.com/companies-that-can-help-track-your-car-in-nigeria/
mohiozua:
Such law was written in accordance with the norms, culture and traditions of the time.

https://saturdayblog24.com/companies-that-can-help-track-your-car-in-nigeria/

Religion na scam.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 17, 2019
Scatterscatter:
Any Christian that condemns females wearing trousers is either ignorant or overzealous.

Such Christians don't have the Holy Spirit neither do they know Christ personally.

Check it well, such Christians are followers of Pastors, not Jesus.

Such Christians are the pharisees and sadusees and Hypocrites the Bible talks about.

Wearing of trousers has absolutely noting to do with one's salvation or holiness, but in all, modesty is of the essence. The same way we have seductive
Skirts is the same way we have seductive trousers.

What should be preached is MODESTY, either for skirt or trousers.
Exactly!
I love you.
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by smarttm: 10:13am On Feb 17, 2019
Okito920:
Winning
Gullah:
I

It is not a sin,there are women trousers...
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 17, 2019
Sultty:

Research or not, but trousers is now considered a man's cloth and skirt and blouse for women so it's better for a Christian to safely abide with it

Have u ever read that place seeking the meaning without assuming what others are saying ...there's nothing new under the sun.....in those days there were cross dressers too like bobrisky..
The Bible condemns cross dressing.....it's a detestable thing in God's sight . That place isn't about trousers it's the whole package of women and men dressing .....it's a law related to the gender construct fluidity going on the world today.....

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by oneTIMEman(m): 10:18am On Feb 17, 2019
I like rather love Ladies on trouser, it make them look smart, agile and ready for any emergency. During my university day's, I don't toast a lady that wear gown or shirt. My children (female) must wear trousers. #Proudly_Christian
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by miketayo(m): 10:18am On Feb 17, 2019
gidjah:
God bless u sis, may be u could help talk to your fellow ladies out here,most of this ladies that tend to defend this practice are horrible. Dressers, women have come a long way in abusing fashion in this world.any dress u wore that can get men aroused is simply a sin, any seductive dress pumping out curves and body shapes is all sinful practice no matter who is who.trousers in its self ain't bad but we have been abusing it all long.u see married women too wear clothes like they are still single and searching.any attire you wear that makes you look like a jezebel is a sinful thing,in the bible we all claim to be following after, how do we identify a harlot separate from a humble child of God?is it not through bad dress sense? So there are sinful dress sense and righteous dress sense. But. I noticed that the sin of pride, arrogance won't make people learn and wanna change, the devil has planted pride and arrogance into us so we won't accept correction without offence. The Holy spirit has been choked out of our hearts. Thank u dear sister.

this is a very myopic way of thinking.. God does not look at the outside but whats in you. hope you know not only dressing makes men have sexual feelings against the opposite sex.
we only consider things indecent cos that is what our community has made us believe. If u work in a place where everyone is naked, after the first few months you wont even realize they are naked again it becomes a normal thing. Infact most people u say have a very modest dressing normally have the worst characters, we see em everyday
Re: Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 17, 2019
musa234:
This portion is very wrong. I just searched of it on Google. How could the Bible say such?
these ones too are wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? / Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians / Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.