Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,552 members, 7,850,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Yorubas Back Uncle Joe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Back Uncle Joe (5463 Views)

How Uncle Joe Celebrated His Birthday / Dear Uncle Joe, An Open Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. / North Gives Uncle Joe The Greenlight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

Frankly dude, I don't know who you think you are kidding.  undecided
Do you think a Yoruba would have ever ruled Nigeria if not that ALL NIGERIANS agreed to cede the 1999 polls to the Yoruba?
Do you think a Yoruba candidate can win elections in Nigeria without zoning?
How can you forget things so soon. What do you think stopped Abiola?

Frankly dude I think you are really a KID.

Nigeria is what it is. Zoning is there for a purpose. The Yoruba won't rule Nigeria for at least 32 years. Learn to live with it.

First and foremost,not all nigerians voted for obj.A consensus candidate was agreed upon and that person happened to be obj,so whether anybody voted or not,he was too sure to win that election.did you vote for obj ?
the fact is that yoruba are more political relevant than any other tribe and at par with the hausa before but with way things are going,the north seem to be loosing it and that is why ibb is bring the ibo to his cause against yoruba.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

Hey bro zoning Only works if All Zones agree to vote for that candidate- which is impossible Northerners voted for Buhari and not Obj in 2003 . so that shows how disingenuous this fake Zoning is.

The SW according to us Zoning is dead and Gone- AFTER  Jonathan wins PDP ticket its definately Dead to the Core North.

but hey look at it this way Nigeria can break up and you get the biafra you always wanted

I think fashola is a great leader not a yoruba leader but great in general and if he contest I like people in all cornerners of Nigeria will vote for him I got him winning atleast 25% votes in 2/3 states.

lol you are funny how can the north say no to one yoruba (mko abiola) and answer yes to another yoruba ( Obj)- that means they didnt say no to yoruba the military said no to Mko and wanted Obj.

Why do some igbo talk of the north as if they are powerful or something? They arent please get some self esteem and stop lowering yourself.

June 12=Loser grin. oh and umm,if im not mistaken, didnt they throw obj's azz in jail so what be the ting u dey talka grin.

The north definitely showed Yall they were powerful didnt they? LMAO
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Onlytruth(m): 11:09pm On Aug 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

First and foremost,not all nigerians voted for obj.A consensus candidate was agreed upon and that person happened to be obj,so whether anybody voted or not,he was too sure to win that election.did you vote for obj ?
the fact is that yoruba are more political relevant than any other tribe and at par with the hausa before but with way things are going,the north seem to be loosing it and that is why ibb is bring the ibo to his cause against yoruba.

There was never a time the Yoruba was at par with Hausa in Nigerian politics. Not my cup of tea though.
My message to your brother sjeezy8, which you alluded to here is that the Yoruba would NEVER have produced a Nigerian president if ALL NIGERIANS did not cede the 1999 polls to the Yoruba. The same will happen again for the Igbo or it can also happen through zoning.

The Yoruba is not more important than the Igbo in Nigeria. If you doubt that, wait until the day Ndigbo pull out of Nigeria and see who would be left.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by bkbabe97y(m): 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2010
chyz:

The north definitely showed Yall they were powerful didnt they? LMAO

Same way they showed yall a "lil something" not too long ago, in 1967-70.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

There was never a time the Yoruba was at par with Hausa in Nigerian politics. Not my cup of tea though.
My message to your brother sjeezy8, which you alluded to here is that the Yoruba would NEVER have produced a Nigerian president if ALL NIGERIANS did not cede the 1999 polls to the Yoruba. The same will happen again for the Igbo or it can also happen through zoning.

The Yoruba is not more important than the Igbo in Nigeria. If you doubt that, wait until the day Ndigbo pull out of Nigeria and see who would be left.

Who are the ''All Nigerians'' you keep referring to ? There are many yoruba that did not vote for obj,his votes came majorly from the north.june 12 success was an evidence that yoruba are more active and it would have been successful if Abiola had followed the path obj pass through with the north but he just didnt want to.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Same way they showed yall a "lil something" not too long ago, in 1967-70.

Yeah that they couldnt defeat us by themselves grin. and umm 1967-70 the Igbo had their own country unlike the yoruba ronu who never did lol

CHE CHE CHE CHE  IGBO KWENU!!!!!! grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Onlytruth(m): 11:26pm On Aug 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Who are the ''All Nigerians'' you keep referring to ? There are many yoruba that did not vote for obj,his votes came majorly from the north.june 12 success was an evidence that yoruba are more active and it would have been successful if Abiola had followed the path obj pass through with the north but he just didnt want to.

OBJ and Olu falae (both Yorubas) contested in 1999. Ndigbo voted more for Falae than OBJ (though PDP rigged it). Bottomline is that if the Igbo and other Nigerians rejected the zoning of presidency to the Yoruba, heavens would not have fallen. The Yoruba couldn't do sh!!t about it. Frankly I respected Nigeria a little for that gesture then.
Well, what is OBJ doing since then, trying his darnedest to sabotage zoning and manipulating the polity to remain relevant. Pure betrayal of the same system that empowered him.

So, yes, ALL NIGERIANS agreed to cede presidency to Yoruba in 1999. Only one Igbo man called Arthur Nzeribe stopped Abiola. Do you think Ndigbo couldn't stop power shift to the Yoruba in 1999?
Some northerners are still angry that Yoruba tasted power in 1999.
They are waiting for an opportunity to pay you guys back.

All I know (and I suspect most educated and intelligent Nigerians know too) is that Nigeria has no future without an Igbo man enjoying his own 8 years at the helm. We are fixed on 2015.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

Not your cup of tea abi? how bout coffee cause in 1960- It was Awolowo VS Balewa, 1979- It was Awo vs Shagari, 1993 it was Abiola vs Tofa, 2003 it was Obj vs Buhari.

Enemies of democracy plotting to return – Atiku, Tinubu

“He also believed that if Abiola emerged, the South-West could lead a protest because they had the political will to fight the military, and that was how they (West) also chased the military out of power.

“That was how we elected the Abiola in the second ballot and he won, but Babangida annulled the election. We protested and then drove out the military from power.” - ATIKU

Cmon we know already.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Onlytruth(m): 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

Not your cup of tea abi? how bout coffee cause[b] in 1960- It was Awolowo VS Balewa[/b], 1979- It was Awo vs Shagari, 1993 it was Abiola vs Tofa, 2003 it was Obj vs Buhari.

Cmon we know already.

What are you smoking?

In 1960 it was ZIK of AFRICA vs the rest!  cool
In 1979 it was Zik, Shagari and Awo.
In 1993, it was Abiola vs Tofa, and Arthur Nzeribe! cool
In 1999, ALL NIGERIANS ceded presidency (out of benevolence) to the Yoruba. (you conveniently left that out undecided)
In 2003, it was Obasanjo who stole the elections(through incumbency) - Buhari won.  undecided
BTW, 2003 will NEVER happen again. Pray that we let you rule again in Nigeria because you betrayed a sacred trust.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by excanny: 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

Onlytruth - theres NO "VP" that can sway yorubas votes - We want Fashola for president and hes not contesting in 2011, Mimiko whos party is now Donald Duke and Oshiomole not contesting either.

You think we fall for Mugu things - NO

And history shows yorubas dont go for  VP spot like Zik, Ekwueme, Sylvester Ugoh.- all igbos who have went for the VP ticket with Northerners.

IBB's VP trick always works with igbos- they didnt try it on the West- who wants to be boy boy?

H.ELL NO we dont go on false promises.

History also showed that in that same elections, the Igbo VP was on the winning side while the Yoruba presidential candidate(Awo) was on the LOSING side.

Which is better a winning VP or a presidency dream that never materialize?
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 11:43pm On Aug 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

What are you smoking?

In 1960 it was ZIK of AFRICA vs the rest!  cool
In 1999, ALL NIGERIANS ceded presidency (out of benevolence) to the Yoruba. (you conveniently left that out undecided)
In 2003, it was Obasanjo who stole the elections(through incumbency) - Buhari won.  undecided
BTW, 2003 will NEVER happen again. Pray that we let you rule again in Nigeria because you betrayed a sacred trust.

Gbam!
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

What are you smoking?

In 1960 it was ZIK of AFRICA vs the rest! cool

Since when was it Zik of africa vs the rest when THE PRIME MINISTER OF NIGERIA WAS BALEWA and Zik was second in command.

in 1979- Since when was it Zik and what votes did he win? 3rd

1999- Arthur Nzebire -  In 1993, he was a prominent supporter of the Association for a Better Nigeria, which backed General Ibrahim Babangida.

yea sure . . . . I think youre proving my point.

I dont have anything against igbo but it seems in history they like being second to Northerners- well the politicans atleast.

excanny:

History also showed that in that same elections, the Igbo VP was on the winning side while the Yoruba presidential candidate(Awo) was on the LOSING side.

Which is better a winning VP or a presidency dream that never materialize?

I dont know because no ones recognizes the VP- glorified boy boy spot
Only mugu fall for that - If you like being VP why are talking about 2015 presidency? You can win VP with a northerner go head! lol
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

OBJ and Olu falae (both Yorubas) contested in 1999. Ndigbo voted more for Falae than OBJ (though PDP rigged it). Bottomline is that if the Igbo and other Nigerians rejected the zoning of presidency to the Yoruba, heavens would not have fallen. The Yoruba couldn't do sh!!t about it. Frankly I respected Nigeria a little for that gesture then.
Well, what is OBJ doing since then, trying his darnedest to sabotage zoning and manipulating the polity to remain relevant. Pure betrayal of the same system that empowered him.

So, yes, ALL NIGERIANS agreed to cede presidency to Yoruba in 1999. Only one Igbo man called Arthur Nzeribe stopped Abiola. Do you think Ndigbo couldn't stop power shift to the Yoruba in 1999?
Some northerners are still angry that Yoruba tasted power in 1999.
They are waiting for an opportunity to pay you guys back.

All I know (and I suspect must educated and intelligent Nigerians know too) is that Nigeria has no future without an Igbo man enjoying his own 8 years at the helm. We are fixed on 2015.

First,you said All nigerians voted for obj and now you are saying the ibo voted more for falae.Are you sure the ibo voted for AD that was dominated by yoruba ? Who did YOU vote for ? Who are the strong politicians the ibo have that could have stopped obj ?
the decision to allow a yoruba was ibb's idea and he wanted someone that wont put him on trial and also protect the northern interests.these are things Abiola was not ready to do cuz it was evident to him that Abiola may send him to jail if he becomes the president.obj was a product of northern decision and no ibo man would have stopped him and this is exactly what is happening to jonathan,no ibo man can stop him.it is a DEJA VU
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

Since when was it Zik of africa vs the rest when THE PRIME MINISTER OF NIGERIA WAS BALEWA and Zik was second in command.

1999- Arthur Nzebire -  In 1993, he was a prominent supporter of the Association for a Better Nigeria, which backed General Ibrahim Babangida.

I dont have anything against igbo but it seems in history they like being second to Northerners- well the politicans atleast.

Only mugu fall for that - If you like being VP why are talking about 2015 presidency? You can win VP with a northerner go head! lol

Did Awolowo win? NO. The queston showed be were there any yoruba VP's ever? check your history before you aswer please,  grin
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 11:57pm On Aug 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

First,you said All nigerians voted for obj and now you are saying the ibo voted more for falae.Are you sure the ibo voted for AD that was dominated by yoruba ? Who did YOU vote for ? Who are the strong politicians the ibo have that could have stopped obj ?
the decision to allow a yoruba was ibb's idea and he wanted someone that wont put him on trial and also protect the northern interests.these are things Abiola was not ready to do cuz it was evident to him that Abiola may send him to jail if he becomes the president.obj was a product of northern decision and no ibo man would have stopped him and this is exactly what is happening to jonathan,no ibo man can stop him.it is a DEJA VU

SINCE WHEN DID IGBOS VOTE AD? yeehhhh see how dat mugu Onlytruth dey lie!

chyz:

Did Awolowo win? NO. The queston showed be were there any yoruba VP's ever? check your history before you aswer please,  grin

because we were elected presidents, Mko won, Obj won-

please vote for IBB- cause theres nothing igbo kwenu can do to stop Jonathan from being president. and aint nada you can do to stop fashola from winning in 2015 or 2019
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Onlytruth(m): 12:01am On Aug 26, 2010
sjeezy8:

I've told you that you talk like a kid. Zik was the President and commander in chief of the armed forces of the federal republic of Nigeria. Balewa was only the head of government. Zik was the head of state. He could fire the prime minister and call for new elections. undecided
Who is more powerful then?

As for Arthur Nzeribe, a lot of folks don't know that he stopped Abiola and why.
Arthur stopped Abiola because when Abiola was campaigning, Arthur approached him to make demands on behalf of the east (that time Arthur still had CARIA -cross river, akwa ibom, rivers, imo and anambra state movement). Abiola said he was going to give the position of secretary to the federal government to the east. Arthur asked him "so the best you can do for us is to make us your tea-maker, eh?" That was it!

He approached IBB and told him he had a plan to nullify the polls. IBB didn't follow through that plan, else there would never have been an Abacha presidency. The rest is history.

We have people in Igboland who can do a lot to stop Nigeria from moving forward. That is why no one can push us over.

2015 is our year.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by excanny: 12:03am On Aug 26, 2010
[quote author=sjeezy8 link=topic=502909.msg6640818#ms
Why do some igbo talk of the north as if they are powerful or something? They arent please get some self esteem and stop lowering yourself.

[quote][/quote]

igbos dont lower themselves. Never! even before all-mighty proxy superpowers Russia and Britain controlled Nigerian military.

Abiola was notorious for prostrating before all the emirs in the north prior to his presidential elections.

What do you call that? So who are the people lowering themselves before the north.

You cannot win an election only from your region so we decided to lobby other zones. What lowering ourselves about that?
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 12:05am On Aug 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

I've told you that you talk like a kid. Zik was the President and commander in chief of the armed forces of the federal republic of Nigeria. Balewa was only the head of government. Zik was the head of state. He could fire the prime minister and call for new elections. undecided
Who is more powerful then?

As for Arthur Nzeribe, a lot of folks don't know that he stopped Abiola and why.
Arthur stopped Abiola because when Abiola was campaigning, Arthur approached him to make demands on behalf of the east (that time Arthur still had CARIA -cross river, akwa ibom, rivers, imo and anambra state movement). Abiola said he was going to give the position of secretary to the federal government to the east. Arthur asked him "so the best you can do for us is to make us your tea-maker, eh?" That was is!

He approached IBB and told him he had a plan to nullify the polls. IBB didn't follow through that plan, else there would never have been an Abacha presidency. The rest is history.

We have people in Igboland who can do a lot to stop Nigeria from moving forward. That is why no one can push us over.

2015 is our year.

Are you dumb who is more powerful and whos the head. Prime minister who was elected in 1960 or "President" in 1963 while there was still a prime minister. thats comon sense.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Onlytruth(m): 12:06am On Aug 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

[b]First,you said All nigerians voted for obj and now you are saying the ibo voted more for falae.[/b]Are you sure the ibo voted for AD that was dominated by yoruba ? Who did YOU vote for ? Who are the strong politicians the ibo have that could have stopped obj ?

Ndigbo are progressives in Nigerian politics. We voted (most Igbo and myself) voted for Falae. PDP rigged the polls (the outgoing military did) and handed over to Obasanjo.
Either way, a Yoruba would have won.
That is the bottomline.
Today Obasanjo is stabbing everyone at the back.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 26, 2010
chyz:

And what is so special about VP ?
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 12:08am On Aug 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

Ndigbo are progressives in Nigerian politics. We voted (most Igbo and myself) voted for Falae. PDP rigged the polls (the outgoing military did) and handed over to Obasanjo.
Either way, a Yoruba would have won.
That is the bottomline.
Today Obasanjo is stabbing everyone at the back.

Now youre just telling FUCKIN lies- this is alarming

igbos didnt vote ANY AD- everyone knows that stop telling lies
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Onlytruth(m): 12:09am On Aug 26, 2010
sjeezy8:

Are you dumb who is more powerful and whos the head. Prime minister who was elected in 1960 or "President" in 1963 while there was still a prime minister. thats comon sense.

So Nigeria had no "governor general" between 1960-63?
Dude go back to school.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 12:09am On Aug 26, 2010
sjeezy8:

SINCE WHEN DID IGBOS VOTE AD? yeehhhh see how dat mugu Onlytruth dey lie!

because we were elected presidents, Mko won, Obj won-

please vote for IBB- cause theres nothing igbo kwenu can do to stop Jonathan from being president. and aint nada you can do to stop fashola from winning in 2015 or 2019

Stop begging me,you sound pathetic.Im not your daddy! MKO aint win sh*t but a jail sentence grin. Arent you the say person that said obj didnt win the northerns installed him in. There u go talkin like a yoruba ronu again,from both sides of the lips grin grin
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 12:11am On Aug 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And what is so special about VP ?

I think i hurt a nerve.is somebody catching feelings lol. Ndo cry cry cry
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Onlytruth(m): 12:11am On Aug 26, 2010
sjeezy8:

Now youre just telling FUCKIN lies- this is alarming

i[b]gbos didnt vote ANY AD- everyone knows that stop telling lies[/b]

It wasn't AD. It was APP/AD alliance. Ogbonnaya Onu (an Igbo cool) won the APP presidential ticket, and stepped down for the joint alliance candidate called Olu Falae of AD (a Yoruba undecided).
You see because you are so selfish, you can never imagine a scenario where you would step down for another tribe, would you?
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Beaf: 12:14am On Aug 26, 2010
excanny:

igbos dont lower themselves. Never! even before all-mighty proxy superpowers Russia and Britain controlled Nigerian military.

Abiola was notorious for prostrating before all the emirs in the north prior to his presidential elections.

What do you call that? So who are the people lowering themselves before the north.

You cannot win an election only from your region so we decided to lobby other zones. What lowering ourselves about that?

What election are you trying to win?
Anyway, nobody is saying any region cannot band with others for political benefit. The problem arises with the personality the deal is being done with (Buhari would have been a more understandable proposition) and the fact that the deal is against political benefit of SEVERAL neighbours. IBB of all people? Its just ridiculous.

However, something tells me all of this is just highwire bargaining. So please people, put away the tribal swords and lets wait.
Everybody has the right to bargain, but maybe this one is just getting a bit too late in the day to deliver any fruitful result.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 26, 2010
chyz:

I think i hurt a nerve.is somebody catching feelings lol. Ndo cry cry cry
I only ask a question and i expected an answer.what is the big deal about producing a Vp ?
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Onlytruth(m): 12:16am On Aug 26, 2010
So I repeat, ALL NIGERIANS ceded presidency to the south west in 1999. Why is the south west stabbing everybody in the back now?
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 12:19am On Aug 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I only ask a question and i expected an answer.what is the big deal about producing a Vp ?

Answer: The same reason why a president has a Vp. wink
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 12:20am On Aug 26, 2010
chyz:

Answer: The same reason why a president has a Vp. wink

ok go for VP in every election with a northerner wink

Onlytruth:

So Nigeria had no "governor general" between 1960-63?
Dude go back to school.

lol The govenor general is appointed by the PM- you need some schoool and some sense boy . . .

Onlytruth:

It wasn't AD. It was APP/AD alliance. Ogbonnaya Onu (an Igbo cool) won the APP presidential ticket, and stepped down for the joint alliance candidate called Olu Falae (a Yoruba undecided).
You see because you are so selfish, you can never imagine a scenario where you would step down for another tribe, would you?

youre kidding right-

"Ogbonnaya Onu refuses to stand down for Falae"
http://www.abuja.net/hist5.htm

"explains why the ANPP of February 1999 ditched Ogbonnaya Onu, former governor of Abia State for Olu Falae, the Alliance for Democracy,"
http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-22667209_ITM
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

So I repeat, ALL NIGERIANS ceded presidency to the south west in 1999. Why is the south west stabbing everybody in the back now?

So the action of obj represent the decision of the south west abi ? Fyi,i subscribe to Zoing but i doubt if you will be asking this question if jonathan is  from Abia state ? Would you ?
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 12:22am On Aug 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

lol- since when did everyone give power to the SW? the north gave it to Obj. stop the lies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. / Download Video As Boko Haram Members Flee Sambisa Forest Over Military Attack / Igbo Finally Awaken The Sleeping Devil...wahala De!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.