Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

Yorubas Back Uncle Joe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Back Uncle Joe (5460 Views)

How Uncle Joe Celebrated His Birthday / Dear Uncle Joe, An Open Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. / North Gives Uncle Joe The Greenlight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by excanny: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

^^ Im not a Jonathan or PDP supporter, im just realistic

TINUBU is more popular in the SW BUT Tinubu isnt contesting as president and his party doesnt even have a CLEAR flag bearer, if anything this 2011 election is a give away to Jonathan, but I know this wont happen in the future.

I mean- Who is going to be the flag bearer for acn in 2011? and Dont say Ribadu because he hasnt even accepted and if he does who will be his vice? all the people the SW will vote for as Vice- Oshiomole and Fashola said they are not contesting in 2011.

So that Only leaves Jonathan to vote for-

Keep lying through your teeth and playing 'ibadan' politics.

Since you've got what you want, now it's time to busy your head in the sand.
Your i-dont-have-other-option except Jonathan is just selfish reasons, not for the interest of the country.

Hausa-Fulani tenure must be respected. Zoning is beyond PDP and will outlive it.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Onlytruth(m): 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2010
excanny:

Your i-dont-have-other-option except Jonathan is just selfish reasons, not for the interest of the country.

Hausa-Fulani tenure must be respected. Zoning is beyond PDP and will outlive it.

Don't mind that guy.

Anytime he rolls out that his ridiculous list of possible candidates for 2015, I wonder which country he is talking about.
Is it the same country that risk disintegration in 2015?

None of those candidates can keep Nigeria together if Ndigbo feel cheated out of their right to produce the president.

The other point is that there is an ongoing negotiation among ACN, APGA and a long list of others.

If that alliance talk succeeds in merging even only ACN and APGA, a very popular presidential candidate representing the alliance could actually win the polls next year.
In my book, next year is still verrrrrrrrrrrry far! undecided

Like I've always said, there is no way of knowing who the Yoruba will vote for until all the candidates are known.
Same applies to the Igbo. But, you can be rest assured that the Yoruba will vote for any Yoruba on a ticket, even if only as VP. cool History shows that they never voted for any non-Yoruba when there is a Yoruba on a ticket.

All these information is necessary because we might actually have a free and fair elections next year.

I believe that in such a scenario, PDP is being unduly lionized. We are giving them more power than they actually have. In the Anambra guber polls, they came a distant THIRD.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Gbawe: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

Don't mind that guy.

Anytime he rolls out that his ridiculous list of possible candidates for 2015, I wonder which country he is talking about.

None of those candidates can keep Nigeria together if Ndigbo feel cheated out of their right to produce the president.

The other point is that there is an ongoing negotiation among ACN, APGA and a long list of others.

If that alliance talk succeeds in merging even only ACN and APGA, a very popular presidential candidate representing the alliance could actually win the polls next year.
In my book, next year is still verrrrrrrrrrrry far! undecided

Like I've always said, there is no way of knowing who the Yoruba will vote for until all the candidates are known.
Same applies to the Igbo.
But, you can be rest assured that the Yoruba will vote for any Yoruba on a ticket, even if only as VP. cool History shows that they never voted for any non-Yoruba when there is a Yoruba on a ticket.

All these information is necessary because we might actually have a free and fair elections next year.

I believe that in such a scenario, PDP is being unduly lionized. We are giving them more power than they actually have. In the Anambra guber polls, they came a distant THIRD.

Indeed . All in all , your post is actually a balanced analysis of what may happen. Jonathan's fans might wan't to think that clinching the PDP ticket is all it will take but they would be totally incorrect with how they would have read the mood of the nation entirely wrong. I remember saying that ,based on what is real and probable , it is likely that the good people of Anambra would reject Soludo for Obi or Ngige. That was what happened because the Anambra election , give or take , was free and fair . The will of the people was actualised.

Nigeria is not ready for another election theft on the scale of what we saw in 2007. In a free and fair elections Nigerians will choose a candidate who symbolises hope and a departure from how things have always being done.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2010
excanny:

Pure dust - After Jonathan get to 2011 on pdp ticket you think northerners will talk Zoning again? LOL man you people have such an imagination. If anything everyone will go back to their regional parties and the same Igbos vote for igbos, yorubas vote for yoruba, and notherner vote for northerners.

But DEF Zoning is dead should Jonathan Emerge as PDPs candidate- and thats exactly my wish.

Jonathan is the Only option as of right now. hate or like it. he has my support as of right now. Until a better candidate in future election arises be it Elrufai, Oshiomole, Fashola, or Goje maybe even Duke is he contest again.

Onlytruth:

Don't mind that guy.

I dont know how igbo will feel cheated OUT of FREE AND FAIR ELECTION IN NIGERIA- The west in 2015 will vote for who ever fashola and or oshiomole side with, and the North will DEF support young Northerners like Danjuma Goje, or Babangida Aliyu- I cant tell you now Zoning OF PDP has nothing to do with westerners or northerners esp after Jonathan gets PDPs ticket. 

You are A FO.OL IF YOU THINK THAT ANY YORUBA OR HAUSA-FULANI, ANY MIDDLE BELTER, NIGER DELTAN (INCLUDING JONATHAN) WILL SIT OUT AN ELECTION BECAUSE IGBO KWENU FEEL THAT 2015 IS FOR THEM. I dont know where you guys even got 2015 from? Who told you dat? Not any Hausas-fulani not any yorubas and not any Niger deltans or middle belters. The only clown that said that is IBB. lol he cant even make anything happen.

I WANT NIGERIA TO BREAK UP IF ANYONE THINKS FASHOLA OSHIOMOLE AND OTHER PERSON WILL SIT OUT IN 2015 OR 2019.

Im still trying to understand how igbos feel CHEATED - IS ANYONE STOPPING YOU GUYS FROM CONTESTING IN ANY ELECTION ? NO!
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by bkbabe97y(m): 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

You are A FO.OL IF YOU THINK THAT ANY YORUBA OR HAUSA-FULANI, ANY MIDDLE BELTER, NIGER DELTAN (INCLUDING JONATHAN) WILL SIT OUT AN ELECTION BECAUSE IGBO KWENU FEEL THAT 2015 IS FOR THEM. I dont know where you guys even got 2015 from? Who told you dat? Not any Hausas-fulani not any yorubas and not any Niger deltans or middle belters. The only clown that said that is IBB. lol he cant even make anything happen.

Im still trying to understand how igbos feel CHEATED - IS ANYONE STOPPING YOU GUYS FROM CONTESTING IN ANY ELECTION ? NO![/b]

A deranged, desperate, Presidential candidate "promises" them the slot in 4 years and they hang on to his words like scripture in the Bible. . . . Are IBB's promises to yall enshrined in the Nigerian Constitution? lol. Do u now see, Sjeezy, why its a waste of time entering into any type of discussion with these dudes?
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

Pure dust - After Jonathan get to 2011 on pdp ticket you think northerners will talk Zoning again? LOL man you people have such an imagination. If anything everyone will go back to their regional parties and the same Igbos vote for igbos, yorubas vote for yoruba, and notherner vote for northerners.

But DEF Zoning is dead should Jonathan Emerge as PDPs candidate- and thats exactly my wish.

Jonathan is the Only option as of right now. hate or like it. he has my support as of right now. Until a better candidate in future election arises be it Elrufai, Oshiomole, Fashola, or Goje maybe even Duke is he contest again.

I dont know how igbo will feel cheated OUT of FREE AND FAIR ELECTION IN NIGERIA- The west in 2015 will vote for who ever fashola and or oshiomole side with, and the North will DEF support young Northerners like Danjuma Goje, or Babangida Aliyu- I cant tell you now Zoning OF PDP has nothing to do with westerners or northerners esp after Jonathan gets PDPs ticket. 

I WANT NIGERIA TO BREAK UP IF ANYONE THINKS FASHOLA OSHIOMOLE AND OTHER PERSON WILL SIT OUT IN 2015 OR 2019.

Im still trying to understand how igbos feel CHEATED - IS ANYONE STOPPING YOU GUYS FROM CONTESTING IN ANY ELECTION ? NO!

Yoruba Ronu will never smell presidency in nigeria again so pray for your odudu republic  grin
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by seanet02: 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2010
I WONDER WHY IGBOS BEHAVE LIKE THIS? I HAVE TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHY THEY SEEM NOT TO THINK DEEP BEFORE JUMPING INTO ACTION, IS IT NOT THE SAME IBB THAT PROMISED TO HAND OVER TO THE WINNER OF 93 ELECTION? WHY DO IBOS SEEM TO LIKE MORE CASH AT HAND THAN MORE PROSPERITY IN FUTURE, IBB IS NOT THE TYPE TO TRUST, HE IS SOMEHOW A CUNNING AND SELF HEARTED PERSON LIKE OJUKWU WHO JOINED THE NORTHERNERS HE HATED MUCH DURING SHAGARI ERA SO AS TO GET A SOFT LANDING AFTER WASTING MILLIONS OF IBOS AT THE WAR FRONT. IBB WASTED OUR RESOURCES, OUR TIME, OUR FUTURE, HE SACRIFICED OUR PROSPERITY JUST TO SATISFY HIS PERSONAL WISH.
IBO THINK TWICE
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2010
seanet02:

I WONDER WHY IGBOS BEHAVE LIKE THIS? I HAVE TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHY THEY SEEM NOT TO THINK DEEP BEFORE JUMPING INTO ACTION, IS IT NOT THE SAME IBB THAT PROMISED TO HAND OVER TO THE WINNER OF 93 ELECTION? WHY DO IBOS SEEM TO LIKE MORE CASH AT HAND THAN MORE PROSPERITY IN FUTURE, IBB IS NOT THE TYPE TO TRUST, HE IS SOMEHOW A CUNNING AND SELF HEARTED PERSON LIKE OJUKWU WHO JOINED THE NORTHERNERS HE HATED MUCH DURING SHAGARI ERA SO AS TO GET A SOFT LANDING AFTER WASTING MILLIONS OF IBOS AT THE WAR FRONT. IBB WASTED OUR RESOURCES, OUR TIME, OUR FUTURE, HE SACRIFICED OUR PROSPERITY JUST TO SATISFY HIS PERSONAL WISH.
IBO THINK TWICE

The same way we dont get how it so easy for yorubas to back-stab people. We are different tribes and we will never completely understand each other.Thats just the way it is. Jonathan is being control by those who you are speaking against,either way, Noone is safe.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by seanet02: 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2010
okay vote for ibb, we will see who is more intelligent between ibos and yorubas after the election
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2010
bk.babe97y:

A deranged, desperate, Presidential candidate "promises" them the slot in 4 years and they hang on to his words like words in the Bible. . . . Are IBB's promises to yall enshrined in the Nigerian Constitution? lol. Do u now see, Sjeezy, why its a waste of time entering into any type of discussion with these dudes?

lol - I dont even understand really- I think its funny.

chyz:

The same way we dont get how it so easy for yorubas to back-stab people. We are different tribes and we will never completely understand each other.Thats just the way it is. Jonathan is being control by those who you are speaking against,either way, Noone is safe.

I dont see how we back stab people- WHAT DID WE EVER PROMISE ANYONE we never made promise to Igbo or Hausa or Niger delta? Yorubas are not holding anyone back go head and contest.

Even in this article Two opinions of yoruba men- One supporting Jonathan and the other saying Jonathan should first seek approval around Nigeria. and Jonathan has it in the north and has it in the south overwhelmingly.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2010
Gbawe:

My brother, we cannot prejudge events prematurely . Jonathan is yet to declare same as Ribadu so I don't understand how you conclude that we are left with Jonathan alone to vote for. Worrying about Ribadu's VP is also baseless . It could be anyone . It is when the candidates declare officially that Nigerians can get a measure of those who want to be President. Conceding to Jonathan simply because we do not have the 'full count' simply shows the type of mentality that has seen us get to where we are today wherein most Nigerians now feel that the PDP have already won every election instead of us realising that we must move towards becoming a nation that defends its votes against corrupt misrulers who keep getting 're-elected' for doing nada but looting our treasury .

Out of the 6 states in the SW 3-4 are definately going Jonathans Way, by voting for him and probably rigging just to make sure. in the presidential elections.

I cant say all yoruba peeps will support him but atleast half closer to 60% will vote for Jonathan over Atiku, IBB, Buhari Shekerau.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Beaf: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

Out of the 6 states in the SW 3-4 are definately going Jonathans Way, by election and rigging. in the presidential elections.

I cant say all yoruba peeps will support him but atleast half closer to 60% will vote for Jonathan over Atiku, IBB, Buhari Shekerau.

60% is much more than enough. To win the presidential election, a candidate has to score 25% of the votes in at least two thirds of the states.
Even if the majority SE vote goes to IBB, as long as Jonathan shoots 25% of the vote, he will be fine. The same goes for the 6 Hausa-Fulani states.

The presidential election has nothing to do with winning the overall majority of votes. It is about the spread of your votes. If you win all SE and far North states with 100% of the vote and you don't win elsewhere, even if you have the majority, you would lose to someone meeting the vote spread as required by the consitution.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Dede1(m): 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2010
If Goodluck Jonathan ventures into the 2011 Nigerian presidential election with the hope of political backing from the southwest region of Nigeria, he will be embarrassed at the polls.

It is not a rocket science for any Nigerian to understand that Yoruba do not vote any candidate except Yoruba extraction. In addition, the presidential election of 1999 had rendered Yoruba political vote inconsequential in Nigeria's scheme of things.

There are really imbeciles on this board.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Beaf: 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2010
^
Are you saying he shouldn't campaign in Yoruba land? That would be very strange indeed.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dede1:

If Goodluck Jonathan ventures into the 2011 Nigerian presidential election with the hope of political backing from the southwest region of Nigeria, he will be embarrassed at the polls.

It is not a rocket science for any Nigerian to understand that Yoruba do not vote any candidate except Yoruba extraction. In addition, the presidential election of 1999 had rendered Yoruba political vote inconsequential in Nigeria's scheme of things.

You know whats funny is your totally wrong- how can you use 1999 as an example when both candidates where yoruba? Of course that would be the outcome.

The SW is no different than anyother region in Nigeria and if theres no good yoruba candidate contesting ( like 2011) then best believe the vote will be split - and we already know that IBB, Atiku  etc arent receiving any votes in the SW.

I like most yorubas will vote for Fashola or Oshiomole for edo- they are good, just like most northerners will vote for Goje, Ribadu or Elrufai- they are good and most easterner will vote for Amaechi or Chime- they are good. So what makes the SW any different?

Why even bother with Nigerian election you are a biafran- lol I seriously think igbos of your type are hating because this is the election where a good number of yoruba people are in support of  a NDeltan for president.

If Jonathan was igbo it would be whole different story and folks like you would be like igbo kwenu go Jonathan.

sorry 2011 is Jonathans/Niger deltans year-
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by OAM4J: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dede1:

Assuming your allegation is true. Who will Yorubas be voting for when there is no Yoruba candidate in the list?
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by favouredjb(f): 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2010
Hanging on to ibb's "prophecy"on ndigbo presidency in 2015 is utterly ridiculous!lol,yall should better go back to the drawing board instead of hating on yorubas all the time and talkning about betrayals and what not.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2010
OAM4J:

Assuming your allegation is true. Who will Yorubas be voting for when there is no Yoruba candidate in the list?

^^ Exactly my point! Who will yoruba people vote for Aside from Jonathan LOL ? Fashola (action congress), Mimiko (Labour party) and edos Oshiomole arent even contesting in 2011 Elections.

This election isnt even interesting really cause Jonathan is better than all candidates. Duke might be good but hes not winning any votes up north, middle belt or SW- I dont like his style too westernized for me. and if hes too westernized for me then he definately aint winning up north. LOL

Igbos should quit the faking and hyposcrisy if Chime or Amaechi went for presidency in 2011- THEY ALL WOULD VOTE FOR HIM- which is understandable.

I think its funny -
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Gbawe: 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2010
OAM4J:

Indeed. All these simplistic generalisations and empirically blanketing statements are getting irritating. If there is no Yoruba man running as President or VP then the region will have to vote for who they feel will move the SW region and Nigeria forward. In Nigeria, , aside from the chance to succeed the President ,what does the VP position  mean anyway other than a glorified 'boy-boy'?
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by excanny: 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2010
seanet02:

I WONDER WHY IGBOS BEHAVE LIKE THIS? I HAVE TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHY THEY SEEM NOT TO THINK DEEP BEFORE JUMPING INT. ACTION, IS IT NOT THE SAME IBB THAT PROMISED TO HAND OVER TO THE WINNER OF 93 ELECTION? WHY DO IBOS SEEM TO LIKE MORE CASH AT HAND THAN MORE PROSPERITY IN FUTURE, IBB IS NOT THE TYPE TO TRUST, HE IS SOMEHOW A CUNNING AND SELF HEARTED PERSON LIKE OJUKWU WHO JOINED THE NORTHERNERS HE HATED MUCH DURING SHAGARI ERA SO AS TO GET A SOFT LANDING AFTER WASTING MILLIONS OF IBOS AT THE WAR FRONT. IBB WASTED OUR RESOURCES, OUR TIME, OUR FUTURE, HE SACRIFICED OUR PROSPERITY JUST TO SATISFY HIS PERSONAL WISH.
IBO THINK TWICE  

Pure twisting of facts!

Igbos had a communique with the Northern Political Leaders, not with IBB, to work together to address the imbalance in the country and also to keep to agreements.

We are not interested in hide-and-seek politics. Sincerity, concrete agreements-these are what we stand for, not SW mago mago politics.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

You know whats funny is your totally wrong- how can you use 1999 as an example when both candidates where yoruba? Of course that would be the outcome.

The SW is no different than anyother region in Nigeria and if theres no good yoruba candidate contesting ( like 2011) then best believe the vote will be split - and we already know that IBB, Atiku  etc arent receiving any votes in the SW.

I like most yorubas will vote for Fashola or Oshiomole for edo- they are good, just like most northerners will vote for Goje, Ribadu or Elrufai- they are good and most easterner will vote for Amaechi or Chime- they are good. So what makes the SW any different?

Why even bother with Nigerian election you are a biafran- lol I seriously think igbos of your type are hating because this is the election where a good number of yoruba people are in support of  a NDeltan for president.

If Jonathan was igbo it would be whole different story and folks like you would be like igbo kwenu go Jonathan.

sorry 2011 is Jonathans/Niger deltans year-

Of course if he were igbo it would be a different story.there'd be more igbos in the FG. And keep in mind Yoruba Ronu, Igbos are not for IBB or GEJ so stop saying we support him.No decisions have been make as of yet.We are not basing choice off of sentiment like your people are.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Onlytruth(m): 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2010
excanny:

Pure twisting of facts!

Igbos had a communique with the Northern Political Leaders, not with IBB, to work together to address the imbalance in the country and also to keep to agreements.

We are not interested in hide-and-seek politics. Sincerity, concrete agreements-these are what we stand for, not SW mago mago politics.

I couldn't have put it more aptly.

These people (specifically sjeezy8 ) can't understand such simple things as upholding agreements. Check the history of this country and you would see who has been reneging on agreements from 1950 to date.

Obasanjo is currently championing the quest to trash the ruling party's agreement, after he had enjoyed it for 8 years. Same people would try their best to make this a south east vs south south issue. Not that we care anymore undecided, because everybody else have been betraying the Igbo from 1950 to the civil war, till date.

All it takes for a northerner to make Yoruba turn against Jonathan at the polls, is to pick a VP from south west. They would likely vote massively for that Yoruba candidate.

As for the Igbo, I really think we should not go back on our culture of abiding by agreements. Not that the north is worth the sacrifice, but the international community is watching. A day will come when Nigeria will be discussed at the UN level. Then our case will be easier. This is important. We must not join the band of betrayers.

We must not!
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by excanny: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

A clear example of a man who speaks from both sides of his mouth. FUNNY hypocrisy.

So you wish for zoning to be dead now? Why didn't you want it dead when you fielded a Yoruba vs. Yoruba no-contest elections in 1999?
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2010
excanny:

Pure twisting of facts!

lol because the north takes you as mugus thats why, why in the world would any hausa-fulani muslim vote for an igbo christian, the same way Majority of igbos wouldnt vote for an hausa-fulani muslim?

Who will igbos vote for Chime/Amaechi or Elrufai? LOL I know you guys would vote for Chime or Amaechi

Look at how Jonathan and Obj mysteriously emerged as presidents- ONLY when someone died and they used the power of incumbency to bend the backs of Northerners to vote their way.

Can George Bush( christian) win election in Iraq(muslims) against an Iraqi? NO.

lol- The only way igbo kwenu winning election in Nigeria is if all southnerners (including yorubas grin) and middle belters(including yorubas  wink ) vote for them . Cause a christian southerner in Nigeria winning votes up north, is like looking for water in the Desert.

chyz:

Of course if he were igbo it would be a different story.there'd be more igbos in the FG. And keep in mind Yoruba Ronu, Igbos are not for IBB or GEJ so stop saying we support him.No decisions have been make as of yet.We are not basing choice off of sentiment like your people are.

LOL NAW- Even America isnt supporting IBB, and everyone in the world is particual about his shady past. Even hausas-fulani dont want him to represent the north, young Northerners are protesting against IBB. lol

Im not saying you guys are supporting him or not- Im saying if hes making abit of sense to you, then you are all mugus.

excanny:

A clear example of a man who speaks from both sides of his mouth. FUNNY hypocrisy.

So you wish for zoning to be dead now? Why didn't you want it dead when you fielded a Yoruba vs. Yoruba no-contest elections in 1999?

Lol is it not you people that forced Obj down the throats of Nigerian and yoruba people- we didnt even want him. So whos fault is that.

The North didnt Zone it to the SW they gave it to it Obj not the SW. get it right.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

I couldn't have put it more aptly.

These people (specifically sjeezy8 ) can't understand such simple things as upholding agreements. Check the history of this country and you would see who has been reneging on agreements from 1950 to date.

Obasanjo is currently championing the quest to trash the ruling party's agreement, after he had enjoyed it for 8 years. Same people would try their best to make this a south east vs south south issue. Not that we care anymore undecided, because everybody else have been betraying the Igbo from 1950 to the civil war, till date.

All it takes for a northerner to make Yoruba turn against Jonathan at the polls, is to pick a VP from south west. They would likely vote massively for that Yoruba candidate.

As for the Igbo, I really think we should not go back on our culture of abiding by agreements. Not that the north is worth the sacrifice, but the international community is watching. A day will come when Nigeria will be discussed at the UN level. Then our case will be easier. This is important. We must not join the band of betrayers.

We must not!

how can people who didnt vote for OBJ have an agreement with the people who voted for him? Does that make sense to you?

You people CHOSE THE WORST APPLE IN THE BUNCH and expect us to eat it for the next 40 years? you guys are truly sick in the Head. LOL
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2010
Onlytruth - theres NO "VP" that can sway yorubas votes - We want Fashola for president and hes not contesting in 2011, Mimiko whos party is now Donald Duke and Oshiomole not contesting either.

You think we fall for Mugu things - NO

And history shows yorubas dont go for  VP spot like Zik, Ekwueme, Sylvester Ugoh.- all igbos who have went for the VP ticket with Northerners.

IBB's VP trick always works with igbos- they didnt try it on the West- who wants to be boy boy?

H.ELL NO we dont go on false promises.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

lol because the north takes you as mugus thats why, why in the world would any hausa-fulani muslim vote for an igbo christian, the same way Majority of igbos wouldnt vote for an hausa-fulani muslim?

Who will igbos vote for Chime/Amaechi or Elrufai? LOL I know you guys would vote for Chime or Amaechi

Look at how Jonathan and Obj mysteriously emerged as presidents- ONLY when someone died and they used the power of incumbency to bend the backs of Northerners to vote their way.

Can George Bush( christian) win election in Iraq(muslims) against an Iraqi? NO.

lol- The only way igbo kwenu winning election in Nigeria is if all southnerners (including yorubas grin) and middle belters(including yorubas  wink ) vote for them . Cause a christian southerner in Nigeria winning votes up north, is like looking for water in the Desert.

LOL NAW- Even America isnt supporting IBB, and everyone in the world is particual about his shady past. Even hausas-fulani dont want him to represent the north, young Northerners are protesting against IBB. lol

Im not saying you guys are supporting him or not- Im saying if hes making abit of sense to you, then you are all mugus.

Lol is it not you people that forced Obj down the throats of Nigerian and yoruba people- we didnt even want him. So whos fault is that.

The North didnt Zone it to the SW they gave it to it Obj not the SW. get it right.

And how are the yoruba ronus suppose to win an election if southerners(including Igbos  cool) and midddle belters dont vote for them? . And as far as the U.S. supporting GEJ,you dont know that lol. the US is out for its own interest! Im sure you can recall when it was all over the newspapers that a secret US envoy met up with IBB in his home some months ago. so yea  grin. The US is about its own interst like the Igbos grin  wink
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 10:36pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

Onlytruth - theres NO "VP" that can sway yorubas votes - we Fashola for president and hes not contesting in 2011, Mimiko whos party is now Donald Duke and Oshiomole not contesting either.

You think we fall for MUgu things - NO

And history shows yorubas dont go for VP spot like Zik, Ekwueme, Sylvester Ugoh.- all igbos who have went for the VP ticket with Northerners.

Vp's are picked. yall go for it but noone seems to want yall. grin
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 10:41pm On Aug 25, 2010
chyz:

And how are the yoruba ronus suppose to win an election if southerners(including Igbos  cool) and midddle belters dont vote for them? . And as far as the U.S. supporting GEJ,you dont know that lol. the US is out for its own interest! Im sure you can recall when it was all over the newspapers that a secret US envoy met up with IBB in his home some months ago. so yea  grin. The US is about its own interst like the Igbos grin  wink

The same way Mko Abiola won elections and middle belters lol yorubas in Kogi, Kwara, Niger and muslims in Naswarra got that locked down. all we need is 25% votes in each states not hard to do. cool

chyz:

Vp's are picked. yall go for it but noone seems to want yall. grin

lol Why would a northerner want to pick a yoruba as his running mate when in Every election a yoruba have the gutts to contest a president. I would Only pick a VP if I saw him as a boy boy and could get votes from his people. lipsrsealed grin

But Every election a northern has picked an igbo, a yoruba was contesting as president speaks volumes-
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by Onlytruth(m): 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

Onlytruth - theres NO "VP" that can sway yorubas votes - We want Fashola for president and hes not contesting in 2011, Mimiko whos party is now Donald Duke and Oshiomole not contesting either.

You think we fall for Mugu things - NO

And history shows yorubas dont go for  VP spot like Zik, Ekwueme, Sylvester Ugoh.- all igbos who have went for the VP ticket with Northerners.

IBB's VP trick always works with igbos- they didnt try it on the West- who wants to be boy boy?

Frankly dude, I don't know who you think you are kidding.  undecided
Do you think a Yoruba would have ever ruled Nigeria if not that ALL NIGERIANS agreed to cede the 1999 polls to the Yoruba?
Do you think a Yoruba candidate can win elections in Nigeria without zoning?
How can you forget things so soon. What do you think stopped Abiola?

Frankly dude I think you are really a KID.

Nigeria is what it is. Zoning is there for a purpose. The Yoruba won't rule Nigeria for at least 32 years. Learn to live with it.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by chyz(m): 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

The same way Mko Abiola won elections and middle belters lol yorubas in Kogi, Kwara, Niger and muslims in Naswarra got that locked down. all we need is 25% votes in each states not hard to do. cool

lol Why would a northerner want to pick a yoruba as his running mate when in Every election a yoruba have the gutts to contest a president. I would Only pick a VP if I saw him as a boy boy and could get votes from his people. lipsrsealed grin

But Every election a northern has picked an igbo, a yoruba was contesting as president speaks volumes-

Aww poor sleezy8 he really thinks the middlebelt is going to vote for a yoruba.lol.Aint happenin' cool. Also when the North say No to the yorubas it means NO. wen your so called abiola won the election in a "free and fair" election, the north said NO,youre not allowed and the yoruba had no choice but to obey.
Re: Yorubas Back Uncle Joe by sjeezy8: 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

Frankly dude, I don't know who you think you are kidding.  undecided
Do you think a Yoruba would have ever ruled Nigeria if not that ALL NIGERIANS agreed to cede the 1999 polls to the Yoruba?
Do you think a Yoruba candidate can win elections in Nigeria without zoning?
How can you forget thing so soon. What do you think stopped Abiola?

Frankly dude I think you are really a KID.

Nigeria is what it is. Zoning is there for a purpose. The Yoruba won't rule Nigeria for at least 32 years. Learn to live with it.

Hey bro zoning Only works if All Zones agree to vote for that candidate- which is impossible Northerners voted for Buhari and not Obj in 2003 . so that shows how disingenuous this fake Zoning is.

The SW according to us Zoning is dead and Gone- AFTER  Jonathan wins PDP ticket its definately Dead to the Core North.

but hey look at it this way Nigeria can break up and you get the biafra you always wanted

I think fashola is a great leader not a yoruba leader but great in general and if he contest I like people in all cornerners of Nigeria will vote for him I got him winning atleast 25% votes in 2/3 states.

chyz:

Aww poor sleezy8 he really thinks the middlebelt is going to vote for a yoruba.lol.Aint happenin' cool. Also when the North say No to the yorubas it means NO. wen your so called abiola won the election in a "free and fair" election, the north said NO,youre not allowed and the yoruba had no choice but to obey.

lol you are funny how can the north say no to one yoruba (mko abiola) and answer yes to another yoruba ( Obj)- that means they didnt say no to yoruba the military said no to Mko and wanted Obj.

Why do some igbo talk of the north as if they are powerful or something? They arent please get some self esteem and stop lowering yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Warning To The Entire Black Race- The Enemies Are Using Our Women Against Us. / History Of Cultism In Nigeria. / Labour Party Youths Protest: "Remove Sacked Chairman's Name From INEC Website"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.