Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" (41708 Views)

Kanayo O. Kanayo Blasts Reno Omokri For Mocking Peter Obi Over Mr Ibru / Dele Momodu Cautions Reno Omokri Over Attacks On Peter Obi / Indimi Slams Reno Omokri Over Comment On Otedola Donating 5bn For Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Hotfreeze: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
MajesticIgbo:

You're a moronic person.

Booharry got only 600K votes from the SW yet, y'all sit in your mud houses in Ogbomosho, posting on here telling folks how you made booharry president.

Your Nyamiri father in the village stuffing akpu into his flat head is a moronic pig.

No more writing results in the SE.
The true position of SE voting power would be exposed.

8 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 6:26pm On Feb 17, 2019
pchukwudi:
Truth be told, that statement was derogatory. Pretending otherwise is just what it is: pretension.

Tinubu knew the audience he was talking to - his base.

He knew he was stoking tribal sentiment against his perceived elusive demographic - the Igbos.

There's no need to whitewash this.

Standing on that pedestal, he had more than a few non-controversial ways to make reference to the Igbo's. But he did not.

Instead, he simply tagged them as the "okoros" - a street colloquial term for Igbo derogation. He knew precisely what he was doing.

What should he have called them? What is the meaning of Okoro?

4 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
AgentGoat:
Stop disgracing yourself. You this mumu.
How am I disgracing myself and how am I a mumu? Let's be rational and civil in our replies please. Enough of derogatory words over an election that has been won by Atiku.
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Hotfreeze: 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
DamZik:
You have forgotten that 2011 is not 2019. A lot of things have changed between then and now. Atiku will see votes from all over Nigeria. He will divid northern votes with Buhari and win southern votes squarely. Let's bet it today.

You are still guessing.
Divide which northern votes?
There are 19 Northern States, Atiku will divide all of them?

Atiku will win southern states?
You're a talented comedian.

2 brothers contested in katsina but the one in PDP got 100k votes and the one in APC got 600k votes.

What does that tell you?

5 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by AgentGoat: 6:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hotfreeze:

You are a useless nonentity incapable of giving a sensible contribution.

Onnoghen is gone and gone for good. You're too daft to realise it.
Stop arguing with this people.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
The Igbos in my workplace are all quite different from many of the ones here on Nairaland.

Many of the Igbos on Nairaland can make you have a negative impression about Igbos.

7 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Chukwurah003: 6:30pm On Feb 17, 2019
PDP is full of desperate people. They don’t even care that their silly propaganda can ignite a war.

3 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Corrinthians(m): 6:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
seunmsg:
Thank you Nigerians. This is an unusual show of unity. Shows we are maturing as a nation. Divisive cretins like Reno have no place in a united Nigeria of our dreams. This is exactly how to respond to demonic politicians. He would have wished he never posted the clip.
Reno is another fraudulent hack feeding fat on the hate and gullibility of folks from a particular section or this country. You find the worst of them on Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by pchukwudi: 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
Refering to an igbo person as okoro when his actual name is NOT okoro, is a common derogatory remark. And he knew that very well.

He could have simply used "igbo red caps" in his remarks, which is more sensible and correct. But he chose to go the route of derogation.

BluntBoy:

What should he have called them? What is the meaning of Okoro?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by 4dor: 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2019
wise2odd:
alausa is not a name of bank, Security vault or CBN. for those who thought alausa is a name of a bank.

firstly let check the word alausa and it meaning

Alausa also mean Alawusa at the quoted box.

Alawusa commonly means the seat of Lagos state government. each time tinubu made mention of alausa he is referring to the seat of the Lagos States Government.

from what i could gathered from the interpretation of the clip is that tinubu is promising his loyalist that he can only give them good money when he enters the states house.

but for now buhari didn't released enough Money for the campaign and it can only reward the support group with better money when he deeps his hand on the Lagos states treasury or commonly put it simple when his anointed candidate win the Lagos state governorship election.

from investigative journalism

seun, lalasticlala

Do you understand Yoruba? This is the opposite of what he said.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Chill2: 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2019
You really think Buhari will loose, he will rather orchestrate a coup against himself rather than hand over to Atiku. Nigerians will never be put in the hands of selfish bastards peddling hate to get power and enrich friends that can even pay their bank loans.
DamZik:

BUHARI will loose and there will be no war. This time around, he is going to the Hague so he won't be able to make governance ungovernable for Atiku like he did to GEJ by sponsoring different terrorist organizations to kill Christians.
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 17, 2019
DamZik:

How do you know if I'm the same Reno? How do you know I'm not in US or UK already? God will bless you and your understanding will be opened. You are far better than Buhari that you are supporting. He is the worst for Nigeria for now.

That isn't the point Oga. Whoever wins, do you think it will matter if reckless people like Reno start another civil war with their unbridled tongues

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hotfreeze:

You are still guessing.
Divide which northern votes?
There are 19 Northern States, Atiku will divide all of them?

Atiku will win southern states?
You're a talented comedian.

2 brothers contested in katsina but the one in PDP got 100k votes and the one in APC got 600k votes.

What does that tell you?
Saturday shall tell. It's almost here. Since APC claimed they have performed, they should not bother to rig and let Nigerians decide their fate

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
pchukwudi:
Refering to an igbo person as okoro when his actual name is NOT okoro, is a common derogatory remark. And he knew that very well.

He could have simply used "igbo red caps" in his remarks, which is more sensible and correct. But he chose to go the route of derogation.

So, is Aboki also derogatory?

In my workplace, Okoro is what we call Igbo staff to save time. We use aboki for the Hausa workers. All, informally. No one reads meaning to it.

Even some of the staffs were hissing when they saw the supposedly leaked tape.

Just today alone, I learnt that Okoro is a very popular Nigerian surname and very predominant among the Igbos.

Except you are God, there is no how you can be sure that Tinubu meant it in a derogatory way. Tinubu may have his faults, but he has no records of tribalism to his name.

And the tone of his in the video is friendly and even respectful toward the Igbos.

6 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Fatherofdragons: 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
grin yorobers are here justifying the use of Okoro on an igbo person when his name not but cry foul when Afonja is used on them. Some are even saying that they call their in-laws children omo okoro shocked? These people are just too tribalistic. grin

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by kunmiiii: 6:39pm On Feb 17, 2019
pchukwudi:
Truth be told, that statement was derogatory. Pretending otherwise is just what it is: pretension.

Tinubu knew the audience he was talking to - his base.

He knew he was stoking tribal sentiment against his perceived elusive demographic - the Igbos.

There's no need to whitewash this.

Standing on that pedestal, he had more than a few non-controversial ways to make reference to the Igbo's. But he did not.

Instead, he simply tagged them as the "okoros" - a street colloquial term for Igbo derogation. He knew precisely what he was doing.

Will you just stop with the innate absurdities already, what's your problem, stop being ridiculously intolerant. You're always thinking with your emotions. You should grow beyond this petty bigotry please.

7 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by pchukwudi: 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
Blockhead, below is your personal text in a public forum.

What does it say about you slowpoke?

[s]
Hotfreeze:

You are a useless nonentity incapable of giving a sensible contribution.

Onnoghen is gone and gone for good. You're too daft to realise it.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Fatherofdragons: 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

So, is Aboki also derogatory?

In my workplace, Okoro is what we call Igbo staff to save time. We use aboki for the Hausa workers. All, informally. No one reads meaning to it.

Even some of the staffs were hissing when they saw the supposedly leaked tape.

Just today alone, I learnt that Okoro is a very popular Nigerian surname and very predominant among the Igbos.

Except you are God, there is no how you can be sure that Tinubu meant it in a derogatory way. Tinubu may have his faults, but he has no records of tribalism to his name.

And the tone of his in the video is friendly and even respectful toward the Igbos.

So if I call you afonja just to save time you won't get angry, after all it's a name. grin

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by alfarouq(m): 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
Wendell simlin comes to mind
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Ayoefa: 6:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
Reno will be permanently retired to his business center church business.ater this election. He will come back to spew his tribal and religious trash in 2023, by that time even his gullible followers will be down to his family alone.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
Chill2:
You really think Buhari will loose, he will rather orchestrate a coup against himself rather than hand over to Atiku. Nigerians will never be put in the hands of selfish bastards peddling hate to get power and enrich friends that can even pay their bank loans.
And you think military government is possible in this 21st century? US and UK can only allow it for days not weeks for proper handling over to Atiku. Are you following what is going on in Venezuela?
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
Fatherofdragons:

So if I call you afonja just to save time you won't get angry, after all it's a name. grin

Don't be stupid. Afonja is quite different from Okoro.

Yes, Afonja is a name, but you people use it to describe Yorubas as cowards. And it is a new addition which stemmed from tribalism especially on the internet.

Okoro on the other hand means "children of the freeborn".

No Yoruba would get angry if you call them Omo Odua.

7 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by kilode100(f): 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

What has being a graduate got to do with my comment

Is Buhari a graduate ?

cheesy cheesy
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Fatherofdragons: 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

Yes, Afonja is a name, but you people use it to describe Yorubas as cowards. And it is a new addition which stemmed from tribalism especially on the internet.

Calling an Igbo man okoro especially from yorobers is like a white man calling a black man nigga.

I don't know for igbos who entertain that nonsense in lagos but if a yorober man calls me that, I will brush his yellow teeth with broken glass. grin

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Fatherofdragons: 6:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

Stfu how are you certain that Okoro means free born? The other guy said it means strong men and you are here saying another thing, imagine an afonja telling me want an Igbo Name means? calling an Igbo man okoro is offensive get that into your hateful tribalistic brain.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by pchukwudi: 6:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
You are just a hypocrite.

Are you igbo? Nope.

Do you feel the import of being tagged generically as an okoro in a political discuss? No

Yet here you are throwing tantrum.

When next someone insults you derogatorily, better show some tolerance by saying "thank you" to the person.

kunmiiii:

Will you just stop with the innate absurdities already, what's your problem, stop being ridiculously intolerant. You're always thinking with your emotions. You should grow beyond this petty bigotry please.

3 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by DimIsaac10(m): 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
If the guy has proof, then I respect him....
Tinubu can say anything, he is not God..
After all, Buhari called youth lazy..
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
Fatherofdragons:
Calling an Igbo man okoro especially from yorobers is like a white man calling a black man nigga.

I don't know for igbos who entertain that nonsense in lagos but if a yorober man calls me that, I will brush his yellow teeth broken glass. grin

That is because you are tribalistic.

You keep on making foolish comparisons.

What is the meaning of Okoro and what makes it as degrading as nigga?

You are just making a mountain out of a molehill simply because you are hopelessly tribalistic. Leave your hamlet and experience the world. You can't grow in this world by staying in the village all your life.

6 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by seanfer(m): 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
wise2odd:
ofcouce he can't go there now because of the fall out with the present government. but you removed where he said after the APC victory to the election why didn't he pay then now?

Don’t change the discussion.... Wrote exactly what He said
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
pchukwudi:
You are just a hypocrite.

Are you igbo? Nope.

Do you feel the import of being tagged generically as an okoro in a political discuss? No

Yet here you are throwing tantrum.

When next someone insults you derogatorily, better show some tolerance by saying "thank you" to the person.

You said Tinubu could have used "Igbo Red Cap" as if you still wouldn't have taken offense with that.

You are just simply tribalistic. That is all.

7 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Chill2: 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
You really have so much hope in this Atiku. I wish you well. Mark my words "he can never rule this country".
DamZik:
And you think military government is possible in this 21st century? US and UK can only allow it for days not weeks for proper handling over to Atiku. Are you following what is going on in Venezuela?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kogi West Rerun: Smart Adeyemi Extends Lead / “Endless Alleluia!” – Joe Igbokwe Praises God Over Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest / Saraki Reacts As Tinubu's Ex-CSO Is Deployed To Kwara As Police Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.