Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" (41695 Views)

Kanayo O. Kanayo Blasts Reno Omokri For Mocking Peter Obi Over Mr Ibru / Dele Momodu Cautions Reno Omokri Over Attacks On Peter Obi / Indimi Slams Reno Omokri Over Comment On Otedola Donating 5bn For Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Fatherofdragons: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

That is because you are tribalistic.

You keep on making foolish comparisons.

What is the meaning of Okoro and what makes it as degrading as nigga?

You are just making a mountain out of a molehill simply because you are hopelessly tribalistic. Leave your hamlet and experience the world. You can't grow
in this world by staying in the village all your life.

grin No it is you that should leave your freaking cave and move around, Lord knows that a yorober man can't call an Igbo man okoro in Onitsha and live to tell the tale.

Imagine me calling my workers Afonjas or ndi ofe because to me it's not offensive, I wonder how they'd feel. What happened to calling them by their names ehh what's with all these hopeless stereotypical nicknames flying everywhere these days ehh.

I Just pity you afonjas, with the way you are going with your hate hmmm na your body e go show ooo

3 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
Fatherofdragons:

Stfu how are you certain that Okoro means free born? The other guy said it means strong men and you are here saying another thing, imagine an afonja telling me want an Igbo Name means? calling an Igbo man okoro is offensive get that into your hateful tribalistic brain.

How is it offensive? I asked you people to tell us the meaning of Okoro but none has done so yet.

The name is listed as a popular Nigerian surname and predominant among Igbos, so how can it it be derogatory?
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by pchukwudi: 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
Are you healthy at all? undecided undecided

BluntBoy:

You said Tinubu could have used "Igbo Red Cap" as if you still wouldn't have taken offense with that.

You are just simply tribalistic. That is all.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Iamgrey5(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2019
Fatherofdragons:
Calling an Igbo man okoro especially from yorobers is like a white man calling a black man nigga.

I don't know for igbos who entertain that nonsense in lagos but if a yorober man calls me that, I will brush his yellow teeth with broken glass. grin
Stop drawing unnecessary comparisons without basis.

The word nigga coind from the word "Negro" was used predominantly by whites during the north Atlantic slave trade to refer to black slaves. Hence, most blacks see it as condescending for whites to still call them that name.

On the other hand, Okoro is a very popular name amongst the Ibo tribe.

Stop being deliberately mischievous

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by fish23(m): 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
LOL. grin

dguyindcorner:

He is not. But school is actually meant for people like you who cannot think for theirselves. I think you need to go back to school until you learn how to think properly.
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
Fatherofdragons:

grin No it is you that should leave your freaking cave and move around, Lord knows that a yorober man can't call an Igbo man okoro in Onitsha and live to tell the tale.

Imagine me calling my workers Afonjas or ndi ofe because to me it's not offensive, I wonder how they'd feel. What happened to calling them by their names ehh what's with all these hopeless stereotypical nicknames flying everywhere these days ehh.

I Just pity you afonjas, with the way you are going with your hate hmmm na your body e go show ooo

Stop being foolish. The only derogatory Igbo words I know are "Flat heads, Yam legs" etcetera. That is what the Yorubas here use to counter you when you call them Afonjas.

When did Okoro become derogatory?

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Fatherofdragons: 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

How is it offensive? I asked you people to tell us the meaning of Okoro but none has done so yet.

The name is listed as a popular Nigerian surname and predominant among Igbos, so how can it it be derogatory?

grin yorober man am telling you this now cuz it seems you've not crossed the river Niger before to the other side, don't call any Igbo man okoro, am warning you now to avoid stories that touch.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by seunmsg(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
Corrinthians:
Reno is another fraudulent hack feeding fat on the hate and gullibility of folks from a particular section or this country. You find the worst of them on Nairaland.

The anonymity of Nairaland is what fuels the hatred. The forum provides people with the opportunity to spew as much hate as possible without consequences. People post what they can’t even post on their Facebook page on Nairaland. It is just so sad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
Fatherofdragons:

grin yorober man am telling you this now cuz it seems you've not crossed the river Niger before to the other side, don't call any Igbo man okoro, am warning you now to avoid stories that touch.

Is it so hard to tell us why?

Why are we not allowed to call them Okoro?
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Fatherofdragons: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

Stop being foolish. The only derogatory Igbo words I know are "Flat heads, Yam legs" etcetera. That is what the Yorubas here use to counter you when you call them Afonjas.

It seems you are shamelessly defending your tribalism that was inbuilt into you by your parents.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
pchukwudi:
Are you healthy at all? undecided undecided
That is the truth. You are just plain tribalistic.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Fatherofdragons: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

Is it so hard to tell us why?

Why are we not allowed to call them Okoro?

No you cannot

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
Chill2:
You really have so much hope in this Atiku. I wish you well. Mark my words "he can never rule this country".
"he can never rule this country" because of your one vote? If Buhari is sure of himself, he should not use "remote control and other source" like he boasted over Osun election rigging. He should let his work speak for him and you will see that after all, I have being saying nothing but the truth.
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 7:03pm On Feb 17, 2019
Fatherofdragons:

It seems you are shamelessly defending your tribalism that was inbuilt into you by your parents.

Stop projecting your tribalism onto me or my tribe.
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Fatherofdragons: 7:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

Stop projecting your tribalism onto me or my tribe.

grin I should be telling you that onye ofe.
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by pchukwudi: 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
Don't you think it's both stupid and arrogant to tell someone what you thing is acceptable or derogatory for him?

How do you feel when someone calls you a name (that is not yours) which you find offensive but he insists that it is good for you - even after severally telling him in clear terms that you do not like it?

What does that say about what you guys are doing now?

BluntBoy:

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
Fatherofdragons:

grin I should be telling you that onye ofe.

All the time we conversed, you kept on using derogatory words. I bet that settles the matter on who really is tribalistic.
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Fatherofdragons: 7:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
Yorobers and name calling, yet they accuse igbos of hate while there they are the hateful bitter ones. I've never a tribe so hateful in my entire life. grin

They call hausa people aboki, gambari, alamagiri

They call igbos omo Igbo, okoro

They call south south militants and sometimes even erroneously call them omo igbo too.

What a people tongue

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Fatherofdragons: 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

All the time we conversed, you kept on using derogatory words. I bet that settles the matter on who really is tribalistic.

grin says the yorober man who calls his staff okoro and aboki so as to not waste time.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Iamgrey5(m): 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
pchukwudi:
Don't you think it's both stupid and arrogant to tell someone what you thing is acceptable or derogatory for him?

How do you feel when someone calls you a name (that is not yours) which you find offensive but he insists that it is good for you - even after severally telling him in clear terms that you do not like it?

What do you find particularly derogatory about the word "Okoro"?
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by pchukwudi: 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
You are just hypocritically stupid.

You want to insist on generically referring to Igbo as the "okoros" (because it's an igbo name) rather than referring to them by their actual names.

Yet, in the same breath, you do not want Igbo's to generically call your people "afonja" despite the fact that it is a Yoruba name.

Don't you see how hypocritically illogical you are?

Now can you imagine the former governor if Enugu state for example referring to the Yoruba s as "our brothers the afonjas" in an igbo dominated political meeting at Enugu?

How would you feel about that?

BluntBoy:

That is the truth. You are just plain tribalistic.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 7:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
pchukwudi:

I was never aware that Igbos detest being called Okoro.

We have seen some Igbos wave it off as irrelevant and non-divisive right on Omokri's page. My Igbo colleagues at work also did not take offense.

So, why should I take it as derogatory simply because an unrepentant anonymous tribalist on Nairaland finds it so?

Yorubas are collectively called Omo Odua. My name is not Odua, but I do not take offense.

You people should calm down. Life is not as hard as you think or are taking it.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by DeepNuggets: 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

What has being a graduate got to do with my comment

Is Buhari a graduate ?

He went to military school gaddemit what have you achieved educationally in your life? If you're truly a graduate and you rely on someone's baseless post to fuel your bias then you're a disgrace to your school and family because you would have gained nothing from school.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by Modphase: 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
Sir you are an idiot based on you narration of that clip. Tinubu clearly states that HE DOES NOT HAVE TO GO TO ALAUSA B4 HE CAN GIVE THEM MONEY. He stated also that the money he will be giving will be from his own pocket as Buhari does not have money he can given him.
wise2odd:
alausa is not a name of bank, Security vault or CBN. for those who thought alausa is a name of a bank.

firstly let check the word alausa and it meaning

Alausa also mean Alawusa at the quoted box.

Alawusa commonly means the seat of Lagos state government. each time tinubu made mention of alausa he is referring to the seat of the Lagos States Government.

from what i could gathered from the interpretation of the clip is that tinubu is promising his loyalist that he can only give them good money when he enters the states house.

but for now buhari didn't released enough Money for the campaign and it can only reward the support group with better money when he deeps his hand on the Lagos states treasury or commonly put it simple when his anointed candidate win the Lagos state governorship election.

from investigative journalism

seun, lalasticlala

If you are a graduate it show your father needs an urgent refund of the money he wasted on your education.
NaijaRoyalty:

What has being a graduate got to do with my comment

Is Buhari a graduate ?
Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 7:16pm On Feb 17, 2019
pchukwudi:
You are just hypocritically stupid.

You want to insist on generically referring to Igbo as the "okoros" (because it's an igbo name) rather than referring to them by their actual names.

Yet, in the same breath, you do not want Igbo's to generically call your people "afonja" despite the fact that it is a Yoruba name.

Don't you see how hypocritically illogical you are?

If you are not stupid, you will know that afonja is equivalent to flatthead and yam leg. They are derogatory words conceived in the peak of tribalism on the internet, especially on Nairaland.

Why would a Yoruba want to abuse an Igbo and call him Okoro? He would rather call him a flatthead.

3 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by kunmiiii: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2019
pchukwudi:
You are just a hypocrite.

Are you igbo? Nope.

Do you feel the import of being tagged generically as an okoro in a political discuss? No

Yet here you are throwing tantrum.

When next someone insults you derogatorily, better show some tolerance by saying "thank you" to the person.

Stop being tribally soppy, You even profiled that i'm not igbo, and that's the reason why i'm okay with it, right? undecided
You should try and have a temperate attitude to issues like this.

Learn to rise above this niggling intolerance and channel the energy into constructive criticism of issues with substance, this is way too trivial to encapsulate on for the love of God. Okoro is not derogatory as you think, don't blow it out of proportion, its not like he called them the usual repulsive banters Igbos and Yorubas exchange daily on this forum.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by pchukwudi: 7:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
I have a Yoruba friend whose surname is Afonja. So what's the crap you're talking about?

Now, can you imagine the former governor of Enugu state for example, referring to the entire Yoruba as "our brothers the afonjas" at an igbo dominated political meeting in Enugu?

Be honest to yourself.

BluntBoy:

If you are not stupid, you will know that afonja is equivalent to flatthead and yam leg. They are derogatory words conceived in the peak of tribalism on the internet, especially on Nairaland.

Why would a Yoruba want to abuse an Igbo and call him Okoro? He would rather call him a flatthead.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by bizzibodi(m): 7:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
Babiboy:
PDP and propaganda, hate speech, lies, stealing, corruption, tongue
Even fake news LOL.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by pchukwudi: 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
grin grin You are so deluded.

Yea.

Now, can you imagine the former governor of Enugu state for example, referring to the entire Yoruba as "our brothers the afonjas" at an igbo dominated political meeting in Enugu?

Will that still be cool and acceptable to everyone?

Be honest to yourself.

By the way, Tinubu's remark did not bother me one bit. That's why I did not even open the thread where the audio was posted.

What bothers me is folks like you trying to whitewash the remark and make it appear like it was innocent or normal. That's a lie.

Letting the remark slide is one thing

But normalizing the remark (as you guys are doing) is a no, no for me.

kunmiiii:

Stop being tribally soppy, You even profiled that i'm not igbo, and that's the reason why i'm okay with it, right? undecided
You should try and have a temperate attitude to issues like this.

Learn to rise above this niggling intolerance and channel the energy into constructive criticism of issues with substance, this is way too trivial to encapsulate on for the love of God. Okoro is not derogatory as you think, don't blow it out of proportion, its not like he called them the usual repulsive banters Igbos and Yorubas exchange daily on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by michoim(m): 7:26pm On Feb 17, 2019
Everyone knows that Reno is an established perpetual liar

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by BluntBoy(m): 7:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
pchukwudi:
I have a Yoruba friend whose surname is Afonja. So what's the crap you're talking about?

Be honest to yourself.

You are still not getting it.

Okoro is not a derogatory word with Yorubas as Afonja is with Igbos.

When Yorubas and Igbos clash on Nairaland, do you hear Yorubas call Igbos Okoro when Igbos call them Afonjas?

Afonja is a surname but social media made it popular for the wrong reasons when some Igbos turned it into a derogatory term.

Some Igbo were even surprised on a certain thread that Afonja was actually a surname.

So, please, calling Yorubas afonjas in a public gathering would definitely not be taken lightly because the name has become popular for the wrong reasons.

If Tinubu had called Igbos developers or flattheads, then, I would have seen the undertone of tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" by bizzibodi(m): 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
This grey bearded goat called pseudopastor Reno Omokri just go hide for Trump's kun3 dey share divisive fake news/lies from his master Satan to cause ethnic conflagration in 9jeria,God will not let that yur evil drum beat of war sound.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom / People At The Entrance Of The Presidential Tribunal Court (Pictures) / Ajimobi’s Daughter, Ajay Accuses Bouncers At Lagos Nightclub Of Assault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.