Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857521 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Avidreader748: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
Marula:
Make una no vex say my questions too much. Please anyone know the cost of transcripts from these schools to WES?

UNIZIK - Nnamdi Azikiwe University (1st Degree)
Unilag - University of Lagos (Masters)
NECO - National Examinations Council
WAEC - West African Examination Council
CIPM - Chartered Institute of Personnel Mgt. of Nig.

Abeg any gain in evaluating NECO and WAEC, both have good greats no combination required.

Between NECO and WAEC which one is better (Faster / Cheaper)? I can use either.

Thanks for answering.

Unizik 10700 for transcript, 11100 for courier.

Neco is faster and cheaper. They don't have bulk applications like waec. Courier is however more expensive. But compared to waec, still cheaper. Affidavit not needed. But you will need a contact in minna who will be willing to help you go.

Neco is not cheaper as earlier stated. Courier cost about 16500 to Canada. As at the time of the initial post, I was working on a budget of 10k for courier but was misinformed.

So its almost same as waec just a faster timeline due to lesser applications.

Modified.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2019

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Hobyno: 4:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
smsalert1:
please reply my mail. I don't mind dashing in to Lagos to get process it if I can get a contact there to confirm the most appropriate time to come
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chikadami(f): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
Thanks so much @joo2018

joo2018:
It is your work experience na.

Use both. You are allowed to change your career.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
realdon:
grin I thought the more the certificates, the more the points accumulated. Won't combination of OND, HND & BSc gives higher CRS than OND+BSc or HND+BSc only?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Hobyno: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
smsalert1:
please reply my mail. I don't mind dashing in to Lagos to get process it if I can get a contact there to confirm the most appropriate time to come

ASP moshood zero eight zero three four seven four seven eight zero two

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Chidoo1234: 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
Please I need direction from oshodi to IDP office in ogudu gra Lagos.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Amica26: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
Chidoo1234:
Please I need direction from oshodi to IDP office in ogudu gra Lagos.

From Oshodi, get a bus going to Ogudu ₦100 or so. Drop there, get a bike to the GRA, Rahmat close ₦50. Bikes are not allowed in. Ask the guards at the gate for IDP office they will direct you.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Chidoo1234: 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
Amica26:

From Oshodi, get a bus going to Ogudu ₦100 or so. Drop there, get a bike to the GRA, Rahmat close ₦50. Bikes are not allowed in. Ask the guards at the gate for IDP office they will direct you.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mercy0419: 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hi e-fam, congrats to all celebrants in the house.

Please I am on F2 visa and currently in US. I stopped work in 2017 and that is the work experience I want to use as I worked for 3years. I intend using my USbank account as my POF. So I would like to know if I need to submit the salary account I used in Nigeria. I plan to only submit the last six months payslip of 2017 and no bank statements.

Please let me know what you all think....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by LaVieCestBonBon: 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hello eFamily.....

Does anyone know how I can write IELTS
without my passport.... apparently our dear nation Nigeria is running short of International Passport Booklets.

I have paid and captured in FESTAC way back in February. The new story is there are no laminate (whatever that means).

Amazing, isn't it?

Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
LaVieCestBonBon:
Hello eFamily.....

without my passport.... apparently our dear nation Nigeria is running short of International Passport Booklets.

I have paid and captured in FESTAC way back in February. The new story is there are no laminate (whatever that means).

Amazing, isn't it.

Please help

I'm not sure this is possible
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
LaVieCestBonBon:
Hello eFamily.....

Amazing, isn't it?

Please help

Unfortunately, you need a valid int'l passport to register.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Teamo2(f): 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
Do I need to add my ongoing doctorate degree to my education history even though I did not evaluate it?

I only evaluated my Masters and I don’t know if not putting it in my education history will count as misrepresentation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mercy0419:
Hi e-fam, congrats to all celebrants in the house.

Please I am on F2 visa and currently in US. I stopped work in 2017 and that is the work experience I want to use as I worked for 3years. I intend using my USbank account as my POF. So I would like to know if I need to submit the salary account I used in Nigeria. I plan to only submit the last six months payslip of 2017 and no bank statements.

Please let me know what you all think....

Your reference letters and payslips are fine though there's a chance that your bank statement is eventually requested for. If you can submit the bank statements now, then go right ahead.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
Teamo2:
Do I need to add my ongoing doctorate degree to my education history even though I did not evaluate it?

I only evaluated my Masters and I don’t know if not putting it in my education history will count as misrepresentation.

Include it in your personal history instead. You can leave qualifications out if you didn't claim points for them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Edmontonlad(m): 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
Nigeria my country.
The day I did mine, I was told the same story.
I had to pay 35k and got it 1 week later.

So try meeting one of the immigration staffs and tip him/her and you will see how the laminate will emerge.

LaVieCestBonBon:
Hello eFamily.....

Amazing, isn't it?

Please help

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Teamo2(f): 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
Thank you.

Topsmamen:

Include it in your personal history instead. You can leave qualifications out if you didn't claim points for them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by LaVieCestBonBon: 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
Thanks... I'd go there on Monday and see how it goes.

Edmontonlad:
Nigeria my country.
The day I did mine, I was told the same story.
I had to pay 35k and got it 1 week later.

So try meeting one of the immigration staffs and tip him/her and you will see how the laminate will emerge.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
So today, I went to apply for international passport. I got there around 1pm and had my passport ready before 3pm. I never believed the application process would be this swift. Right now I'm about applying for IELTS with British Council for June 2019. While preparing for my IELTS exam, I will like to know if I can go onward with ECA?

I think my journey just officially started smiley

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fadia: 6:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
Please what passport office did you go to and do you mind sharing the contact info of the person who helped you? Please helppp

lambsbread:
So today, I went to apply for international passport. I got there around 1pm and had my passport ready before 3pm. I never believed the application process would be this swift. Right now I'm about applying for IELTS with British Council for June 2019. While preparing for my IELTS exam, I will like to know if I can go onward with ECA?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by LaVieCestBonBon: 6:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hey.....

What passport office did you do it?

lambsbread:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fadia: 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2019
1. For CIPM, send an email to exams@cipmnigeria.org for the requirements for transcript processing. They'd process the transcript after you meet the requirements but you'd have to send it to WES yourself as CIPM won't do that for you.
3. If you are using WES for the verification of any of your certificates or degrees, you'd have to verify either your WAEC or NECO along with it
4. I don't think you can verify such certificates, I may be wrong though. Maybe the seniors can help with this question.

dewiseacre:
Please I am sorry that I'm having to ask this at this stage. Issue is this thread is so long and I don't know exactly where to look.

1. I need direct information on how to process my CIPMN certificate with WES (anyone done so?)
2. I need direct information on how to process my LASU (B.Sc) certificate with WES (anyone done so?)
3. If I am verifying the two above, do I need to verify my SSCE?
4. Do I need to, or can I verify training certificates e.g. HR training at Tom Associates?

Will appreciate help from the pros at the earliest.

Bless y'all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mariesio: 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
lambsbread:

It is officially and unofficially impossible
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
Congratulations

GozyNA:
Got Prêt pour Visa email from the Ottawa Visa Office at 2:07 am today.

Single Applicant. November 10, 2018 AOR.

All praises be to the most high.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 6:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
Fadia:
Please what passport office did you go to and do you mind sharing the contact info of the person who helped you? Please helppp

LaVieCestBonBon:
Hey.....

What passport office did you do it?

I did mine at immigration office, Calabar.
I even asked one of the officers why the process was this quick, that I never expected such magic in Nigeria. He told me that's how the current management in Calabar wants it, that they don't want to keep files waiting for long. Everyone there was just friendly and cheerful. It was so un-Nigerian to me.

Though they charged me N29,500 in total.

N27,500 - for passport
N1,000 - for them to give me a guarantor (I had none)
N1,000 - for the protective porch (optional)

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 6:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by topacs: 6:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
I think you should start with ECA first as that can be time consuming... U can write IELTS and get ur result in about 3 weeks or so.. So no need to rush..
lambsbread:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mercy0419: 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
Thank you Topsmamen.
This is my fear oh...do I just print out the last six months of 2017 from online banking(from online banking it is saying I can only get statement from January 1 2017) or I must call GTBank to send it to the US? Will the bank statement just be for last 6months of 2017 or up till 2019? God help me oh....
Topsmamen:

Your reference letters and payslips are fine though there's a chance that your bank statement is eventually requested for. If you can submit the bank statements now, then go right ahead.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mariesio:

It is officially and unofficially impossible
I got my passport in less than two hours right here in Calabar
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by whoknew: 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
Thank you for encouraging us,

I am really tempted to go spouse un-accompanying at the rate the 450s trend is going.

Ifeoma77:

I believe scores will still drop to the 440s. If you're in the high 440s, don't bother with PNP.
If you insist on PNP, then Ontario is the tech haven

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.