Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860952 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 10:01am On Apr 19, 2019
jjohndoe83:
Gentlemen! The first breakthrough is here

Listening 8.5

Reading 8.5

Writing 8.0

Speaking 8.5

First attempt. I'm so elated right now.

My appreciations to everyone, particularly ladymarshall. Thank you for your time and sacrifice. I'm so glad I could make it worth it. Oga Wassey, your dedication is uncommon and I benefitted immensely from joining your class. Thanks Johnnybravo1990 too for the last minute tip.
I will do a comprehensive post on what I think I might have done right and drop the links to materials

Cc:
Adetonadami
Lambsbread
Walecanada
Captainhoo
Bavu11

N. B. Oga Wasseynewest.nl has the details of the WhatsApp group

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2019
Read page 120 of this thread, that was how me and this amazing dude started o. Who would have thought. Actually that was my ielts writing debut album on this thread grin grin grin Reviewed two more task 2 scripts and by the last script, I knew the examiner go hear am grin And with @wassynewest class, it must have been a badass combination. @Johnnybravo must have given him some strong magic powder too grin Anyways, he has been practicing thoroughly for quite a while, and he didn't take the exam for granted!!! He had the success air in him already, we just inflated it with air pump grin grin grin

Tips: Send your writing drafts early on to a good reviewer to look through it. A second eye is always good.
Practice thoroughly for a while before you attempt the exam (give yourself a month at least)
Do not take the exam for granted, please be humble. The exam is tricky.
If you choose to send your draft to me, give me a week or few days at least before I can feed back, (because of work and other projects, I
need time for thorough feedback)
If you do not have time to send me or anyone your draft (perhaps because of work or a very busy schedule), watch Jay's writing videos,
his tips on structure, vocabulary and coherence are amazing. I used his videos for mine, and I am guided by his instructions when I review
drafts. I heard Liz videos are also good but I did not use her
While focusing on writing, ensure you focus on other modules too so you can max them out to improve your scores.

All the best to you as you write. You will conquer it.

lambsbread:
ladymarshall, Wassey and Johnnybravo1990. Abeg, make una come do for me wetin una do for this guy. I need to smash my IELTS too sad .
Any whatsapp group? Please add me.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2019
mosky47:
Congrats, Nnetayo!
You have become a sister and unseen friend to me. We are so happy for you.

Indeed, our God is faithful. We too shall testify.

Absolutely! I can't wait for the good news. I told you next week right? Wait for it!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2019
jjohndoe83:

I will do a comprehensive post on what I think I might have done right and drop the links to materials

Cc:
Adetonadami
Lambsbread
Walecanada
Captainhoo
Bavu11

Please, i will appreciate if you do. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2019
Please do. You know you are now an experienced reviewer are now. Be prepared for referrals. If I'm pressed for time, I redirect to you asap wink grin

jjohndoe83:

Cc:
Adetonadami
Lambsbread
Walecanada
Captainhoo
Bavu11

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

For me, I coach one-on-one. I have a soft spot for candidates who have attempted IELTS before, because I can imagine the pain they have experienced in not getting their desired scores. For first-timers, I may however find time to assist.
Please, i will need your assistance. Can i send you a pm or...?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2019
Newmum0615:
Sis of life! You gave me the best news of the day this morning. I was and still am happy for you. Through all the struggles, God was faithful. He honored our faith on the NOC change issue. He will continue to be on top of your matter.
Congratulations once again.

My guardian angel! May you never lack destiny helpers in your life. I love you to the moon and back.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:15am On Apr 19, 2019
kingspaco:

Congratulations to you and your family.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pejuhazel(f): 10:16am On Apr 19, 2019
Good morning everyone, please I need information from people who are receiving or have received pre-arrival services. So I signed up for planning for Canada with my biometric letter, after my MAP session I was referred to ACCESS employment and they requested for Copy of Permanent Resident card,Copy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Copy of Permanent Resident visa, or A passport request letter that indicates Permanent Resident visa issuance, or A Permanent Resident Visa pick up notification letter. None of which I have as my application is still in progress, I told them and my pre-arrival services have been suspended until I get any of the above mentioned.
My question is how were you guys able to proceed with their services before getting your PPR.
cc. @Ifeoma77, @joo2018 any one else who can help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2019
ladymarshall:
Congratulations!!!

Very encouraging PPR script. Thank you for sharing with us. God came through for you. I would personally like to see the faces of your husband's work promotion committee and some of his colleagues when they find out Oga is relocating to CaCa with his entire family grin grin grin cheesy Village people was using them, they didn't know God had other plans grin

@bolded is what we should use our post-AOR waiting time for.

Thanks again for sharing. You score 8.7/10

Success to you and your family in Canada

As innnn...lol. No one in his office has a clue so I can't wait to see the genuine shock on their faces. Thank you for the best wishes. May God continue to honour us.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2019
ladymarshall:
Please do. You know you are now an experienced reviewer are now. Be prepared for referrals. If I'm pressed for time, I redirect to you asap wink grin

grin grin I'm planning to send someone your way sef.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2019
ladymarshall:
Read page 120 of this thread, that was how me and this amazing dude started o. Who would have thought. Actually that was my ielts writing debut album on this thread grin grin grin Reviewed two more task 2 scripts and by the last script, I knew the examiner go hear am grin And with @wassynewest class, it must have been a badass combination. @Johnnybravo must have given him some strong magic powder too grin Anyways, he has been practicing thoroughly for quite a while, and he didn't take the exam for granted!!! He had the success air in him already, we just inflated it with air pump grin grin grin

Tips: Send your writing drafts early on to a good reviewer to look through it. A second eye is always good.
Practice thoroughly for a while before you attempt the exam (give yourself a month at least)
Do not take the exam for granted, please be humble. The exam is tricky.
If you choose to send your draft to me, give me a week or few days at least before I can feed back, (because of work and other projects, I
need time for thorough feedback)
If you do not have time to send me or anyone your draft (perhaps because of work or a very busy schedule), watch Jay's writing videos,
his tips on structure, vocabulary and coherence are amazing. I used his videos for mine, and I am guided by his instructions when I review
drafts. I heard Liz videos are also good but I did not use her
While focusing on writing, ensure you focus on other modules too so you can max them out to improve your scores.

All the best to you as you write. You will conquer it.

Wow. Thanks a lot. I'm most grateful. I will follow as you have directed. And for the Jay's writing video, is it a YouTube channel?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2019
Debsify:
Congrats and God bless you and your family's endeavours in Canada

Amen! Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2019
Pharmbb:
Congratulations, I rejoice with you, Jehovah is indeed faithful.

Yes He is! Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2019
Stephanie09:

Congratulations to you and yours. Go and prosper in Canada!

Amen! Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 10:21am On Apr 19, 2019
Yo!!! CRS score be like "Hey CIC, whattagwan? Me dey hia waiting fi yuh rastaman"

Congrats bro. You had insight.

Get ready for your May 1 ITA (or next week, if surprise draw just happen)

Headnotthetail:
This is for those within the range of 440-449.

With an IELTS score of L8.5 W7 R7 S8 and 15 points from my brother in Canada, my CRS score stood at 448. I was hoping that minimum score would drop as low as 448. But after a couple of draws, i opined that it all seem like 450+ is the famous number for now. When the April 3, 2019 draw was done (451), i immediately concluded that my wife should sit for IELTS....though i never wanted to stress her...even the 68k was another factor. I registered for her MOD April 6 test (JUST 2 DAYS TO PREPARE). With just a couple of youtube videos, she did her best in preparing for the more or less impromptu test. She did the test. My expectation was very low but Just to push the score to 450+.

The result was released earlier today and she scored L6.5 W7 S7.5 R7.5. I was stunned because of the circumstance that surrounded the decision to sit for the test.

Now the crs score has increased from 448 to 466. ITA imminent God willing.

Point:
1. Weigh all the options available for you to boost your crs and take action.
2. Grace works! The race is not to the swift.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by realdon(m): 10:23am On Apr 19, 2019
Thank u

ladymarshall:
You earn maximum points with a PhD. Although the difference between a masters and PhD is less than 5 points, I think

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 10:27am On Apr 19, 2019
I read about this in part 5 or 6 (can't find the link now). Post-AOR folks are no longer qualified for Planning for Canada services. You need to have PPR or Copr to proceed. I recall some post-AOR peeps at that time reporting this same issue and they were replied to wait until PPR before contacting them.

pejuhazel:
Good morning everyone, please I need information from people who are receiving or have received pre-arrival services. So I signed up for planning for Canada with my biometric letter, after my MAP session I was referred to ACCESS employment and they requested for Copy of Permanent Resident card,Copy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Copy of Permanent Resident visa, or A passport request letter that indicates Permanent Resident visa issuance, or A Permanent Resident Visa pick up notification letter. None of which I have as my application is still in progress, I told them and my pre-arrival services have been suspended until I get any of the above mentioned.
My question is how were you guys able to proceed with their services before getting your PPR.
cc. @Ifeoma77, @joo2018 any one else who can help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 10:32am On Apr 19, 2019
Yes youtube videos

lambsbread:

Wow. Thanks a lot. I'm most grateful. I will follow as you have directed. And for the Jay's writing video, is it a YouTube channel?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2019
GozyNA:

Congratulations Obianuju

Many thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DrMrsCK: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2019
For the passports to be submitted at PPR, is it the back of one or all passports that should be stamped?

Gotten the answer. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majjj: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2019
Congratulations,your story is really awesome. The bolded really got to me and i think i know the company in question. Bunch of annoying and promotion delaying/destroying folks.
So happy he has overcome them all by getting the PPR,in their faces!
Go forth and prosper,God who has started the good work will definitely see you through completely.

nnetayo:
*Looonnnggg post alert*

��He's done so much for me, I cannot tell it all, na ra ekele mu o, if I had 10,000 tongues, it still don't be enough, na ra ekele mu o...what shall I render to Jehovah for He has done so very much for me...��

I can't thank Him enough first and foremost for the gift of life, for His protection and provision, for this mighty thing that He has done and must importantly for giving me the grace to remain on Faith street and trust Him till He came through.

Decision to relocate was February 2018,

On the 5th of April, I was in this very terrible traffic and I decided to have an honest conversation with God. I didn't pretend about my expectation, I bared my soul to Him and asked Him to answer speedily! That same night at about midnight, my husband called and was at the verge of tears. The promotion list in his office had been released and after waiting for 67 months, his name wasn't on the list. I knew then that God was about to do something bigger than that promotion and bigger than all the other small things we had been hoping for. I comforted him and stayed up until he got home, I was afraid to tell him what I was feeling in my heart but I went ahead still and we agreed that it would be from my lips to God's ears.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2019
TemiGee:
Congratulations!!! May your new home favour you. God bless you.

Thank you so much. I'm definitely having that glass this weekend.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2019
Amica26:
Please I just got ITA and I am trying to fill out the form. Anytime I try inputting my family members details and submit it shows "appendGrid does not initialise". Please what am I doing wrong?
Probably internet connectivity. Try a stronger connection or try at night

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:49am On Apr 19, 2019
wasseynewest:
Oojigbijigbi, i had to rush back and find this after madam just dey tell me na. Hehehehe! Chai! Chinekemeeee! Joo nwamama. My Sista, My boss grin. CONGRATULATIONS ma. All the best!!!!

@Tops.mamen, this is a secret bro, I go perform magic on your PPR for this thread from Canada. grin
cheesy cheesy She is a He tongue

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2019
beabeasquare:
Wow! It's an interesting read. Congratulations, may you prosper in canny land!

Amen! Gracias.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:51am On Apr 19, 2019
gobby:
Congrats to you all

@petrichor
Gozyna
nnetayo
and all ITA and IELTS smashers

I CELEBRATE WITH YOU ALL

GOD IS FAITHFUL

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:51am On Apr 19, 2019
Teamo2:
Thanks, just added it.

CRS score remains the same. It was not computed in my score.

It won't add to your scores. It's just to capture your recent activities as truthfully as possible. Only completed/evaluated qualifications make a difference to CRS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:51am On Apr 19, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:52am On Apr 19, 2019
Stencil:
This is one of my favorite PPR stories. I love your relationship with God. I could relate to some parts of your story. I bless God for what HE did for you and yours!

HE has brought you thus far, you will definitely excel in Canada!

Amen! Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 10:54am On Apr 19, 2019
majjj:
Congratulations,your story is really awesome. The bolded really got to me and i think i know the company in question. Bunch of annoying and promotion delaying/destroying folks.
So happy he has overcome them all by getting the PPR,in their faces!
Go forth and prosper,God who has started the good work will definitely see you through completely.

Lol! Jehovah had the final say. Bless your heart!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:54am On Apr 19, 2019
dexla:
Pls what does this wes update mean?

Evaluation Type: Document-by-Document Evaluation (ECA) - Initial Application

We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).

Status last updated: 4/17/2019

Now the problem is, I don't know which of the document is being evaluated. I sent my waec and transcript, although I have no idea if the transcript has been delivered as I couldn't track it.
WES hasn't requested for my certificate and I'm wondering if this will happen after they must have evaluated the waec and transcript. Pls if anyone has experienced the same thing kindly help with needful information.
That particular status will come up once they've received anything from you. So since it's showing, it means that either your transcript or WAEC has gotten to WES.
Don't wait for them to ask for the certificate, that will waste your time, send it now. Use hellofax (or regular fax) to save cost
Most importantly, start preparing for verification

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.