Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,078 members, 7,825,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (864201 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Headnotthetail: 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
Please is MOD IELTS APRIL 6 TEST RESULT RELEASED YET?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 6:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
topacs:
I think you should start with ECA first as that can be time consuming... U can write IELTS and get ur result in about 3 weeks or so.. So no need to rush..
OK, thanks a lot.
How do I begin with the ECA and does it include SSCE results?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
If I understand correctly, you are the primary applicant and the only thing stopping you from adding your spouse is IELTS?
So we are looking at studying for a few weeks for IELTS vs Sponsoring your spouse, waiting for a year or so and hoping for the best?

Your spouse would still have to do medicals. You would still have to show POF that includes him/her.

What would be your CRS if your spouse scores a minimum of 6666 on all modules?
Calculate that before you decide.

Good Luck!

NB: I'm an advocate for accompanying spouse if it can be helped. I've seen so many "Spouse not interested" posts, especially about husbands ..lol
Umunwanyi biko use your power. He will see reason sooner or later.

Yhkl:
Hello all,
Please I need a clarification. I have my ielts result and ECA ready, because of my spouse's age and not wanting to sit for Ielts, we have decided that I go ahead with EE with unaccompanied spouse. My question is can I migrate to Canada with our children if I indicate that my spouse is not accompanying me in my application? Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
Check page one, I promise it would help.
What degree do you have? As at now, the degree you have determines what evaluation body is recommended. Let us know so we can guide you better.
lambsbread:

OK, thanks a lot.
How do I begin with the ECA and does it include SSCE results?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
Stencil:
Check page one, I promise it would help.
What degree do you have? As at now, the degree you have determines what evaluation body is recommended. Let us know so we can guide you better.
Bachelors degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2019

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by realdon(m): 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
grin grin grin it seems with OND n HND, one has earned the maximum scores for education n any additional certificate will add nothing?

Ifeoma77:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adebuble(f): 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
I have paid and captured in FESTAC way back in February. The new story is there are no laminate (whatever that means).

Amazing, isn't it?

Please help

Unfortunately, that is true, a colleague of mine too needed to renew her passport, in my office we all had different connection for international passport, from abuja, to Ibadan, to Abeokuta, to Festac, to alausa, to ikoyi, none had laminate. But we later got a contact in Ikoyi who said they had for emergency medical trips, my colleague had an emergency official trip and she was could not get a passport even after showing the ticket and hotel booking..we are still on the matter since two weeks now.
Alusa gave a bill of 50k to pick up in 3days, she got there story changed, finished
Ikoyi gave a bill of 30k, she got there the trip is not a medical emergency..

I wish you luck, you may be lucky to get..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by enoeshett(f): 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
Don't even bother thinking of ielts for now. Hustle the passport. No passport, no ielts.
LaVieCestBonBon:
Hello eFamily.....

Does anyone know how I can write IELTS
without my passport.... apparently our dear nation Nigeria is running short of International Passport Booklets.

I have paid and captured in FESTAC way back in February. The new story is there are no laminate (whatever that means).

Amazing, isn't it?

Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by enoeshett(f): 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
Marula:
Make una no vex say my questions too much. Please anyone know the cost of transcripts from these schools to WES?

UNIZIK - Nnamdi Azikiwe University (1st Degree)
Unilag - University of Lagos (Masters)
NECO - National Examinations Council
WAEC - West African Examination Council
CIPM - Chartered Institute of Personnel Mgt. of Nig.

Abeg any gain in evaluating NECO and WAEC, both have good greats no combination required.

Between NECO and WAEC which one is better (Faster / Cheaper)? I can use either.

Thanks for answering.

@CoPR can help with your NECO.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Misi16: 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
Humblega:
Congrat to all ppr and it's grabbers

Sorry I have a simple question....

On AVO famous 5 ADR

What is your advise to some1 DAT has a bulky (like 200 pages) last 6 months statement of account DAT is asked to upload his/her statement of acct with salary highlighted for AVO 5 ADR?

Must one submit all pages?

You scan the first page of statement, then scan only pages highlighting your salary payments to reduce the volume. Know someone who did that and has gotten ppr.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by enoeshett(f): 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
onchekpa:

Hello all. Silent reader..thanks everyone for the numerous information shared on this platform.

I'm done with IELTS.
First attempt : February 9th Bc : LRWS: 7.5, 9.0, 8.0,7.5
Second attempt: March 23rd Mod; LRWS: 8.5, 8.0, 7, 7.5

Waiting for Wes to complete evaluation since October last year.

Please who has contact with NTI Kaduna for verification...it's been two months now. Kindly help.

Have you had any headway with NTI? Did you get a contact?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by xcaper(m): 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
Please which location is this? Can you share
lambsbread:
So today, I went to apply for international passport. I got there around 1pm and had my passport ready before 3pm. I never believed the application process would be this swift. Right now I'm about applying for IELTS with British Council for June 2019. While preparing for my IELTS exam, I will like to know if I can go onward with ECA?

I think my journey just officially started smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
lambsbread:
So today, I went to apply for international passport. I got there around 1pm and had my passport ready before 3pm. I never believed the application process would be this swift. Right now I'm about applying for IELTS with British Council for June 2019. While preparing for my IELTS exam, I will like to know if I can go onward with ECA?

I think my journey just officially started smiley

Nice! That’s almost unbelievable. Of course, proceed with your ECA. No time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Maritee(f): 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
I did mine for 3,500 at Alagbon, Lagos

GozyNA:

You're welcome. Well I did mine in Lagos for 5k. 40k is ridiculously expensive. I know people who have even paid 4k for same in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
xcaper:
Please which location is this? Can you share
Calabar
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lambsbread: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
Topsmamen:

Nice! That’s almost unbelievable. Of course, proceed with your ECA. No time.
Na so o. I never expected it this way. I'll start looking into ECA from tomorrow. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
joo2018:

@ummhalimah, @BootyliciousHon and @Amica26, @AzariahYaa and all others who got ITA, congrats again.

@akum1, congratulations on the PPR. May you be favoured in your new home.
Thank you bro! Loadz of congrats to you once again! We are right behind you!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nnetayo: 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
*Looonnnggg post alert*

��He's done so much for me, I cannot tell it all, na ra ekele mu o, if I had 10,000 tongues, it still don't be enough, na ra ekele mu o...what shall I render to Jehovah for He has done so very much for me...��

I can't thank Him enough first and foremost for the gift of life, for His protection and provision, for this mighty thing that He has done and must importantly for giving me the grace to remain on Faith street and trust Him till He came through.

Decision to relocate was February 2018, one evening my Husband just told me he was going to register for IELTS. We had mooted the idea sometime in 2017 but never followed through with it. He had received a call from his friend who had relocated in November 2017 and had gotten a fantastic job already so he was gingered.

He wrote IELTS that February and that's when I realised he was serious, I then wrote mine in April.
Hubby's IELTS- L7.5, R8, W7, S8
My IELTS- L8, S8.5, W7.5, S7.5

We then decided that I should be the PA since my result was better, I was younger and I had a foreign masters so I went ahead to initiate my WES while my husband was going to chase his MSc certificate from Unilag as well so that we could knock up enough points.

I initiated my WES on the 14th of May and by the 14th of June, they confirmed they had received my documents and began evaluation. Meanwhile, Mr Oga's initial ginger had now slowed down to the point that he hadn't even started any WES waka� Me I went about my business, resumed from maternity leave, etc and by the 25th of June I got my evaluation report. I then followed up with Hubby to ask how far, that's how I found out he hadn't even started. I was so furious that he was leading me down this rabbit hole yet he hadn't even started anything.

He convinced me to create our express entry profile so we can enter the pool while he starts sorting out his evaluation. I completed our profile at about 11.00a.m that morning (25th of June) and continued my day. I got home that night and just before I went to bed, I wanted to transfer money to the drycleaner so I took my phone and there was an email notification. It was from IRCC telling me that I had a message in my account. I clicked through and saw that we had received ITA� I couldn't believe it! I was literally screaming and I knew that the hand of God was on this one!
I then got to work and God got on board too. For instance, my daughter didn't have a Nigerian passport at the time, we got it in 9 days. I got all my reference letters within 2 weeks, my PCC from the UK came in the nick of time and even in our medicals, God showed up. As at the time that my husband went to book at Qlife, we didn't think to choose a date that would be convenient all round. We realised a day before our medicals that my period was going to start the next day. We held hands and prayed that God was going to put a hold on it and guess what? My period didn't come till the following week, as a matter of fact I had to pray again for it to be released �

We were completely unprepared when ITA came but God was faithful enough to ensure that we were the last batch of ITA clinchers with 90 days to submit and He granted us favour to be able to submit by the 17th of August. I then began to worry about my medical results( I have a medical condition- nothing serious- that I thought might hamper my own medical outcome). I started doing research and I found out that the Canadian government had increased the health threshold.

Long story short, everything was ready at the right time. We submitted, passed our medicals and the long wait began.

About 10 days post AOR, I was looking through my submission and I realised that I might have made a mistake with my NOC. I used NOC 0124 (Advertising, public relations and marketing managers), instead of 1123 (professionals in advertising, public relations and marketing) so I reached out to NewMum to help me review and she concurred that even though both NOCS were very similar, my job duties were more aligned with NOC 1123 so I proceeded to raising an LOE to notify IRCC with evidence of some of the work that I do.

I found out in October 2018 that my application was in AVO, I was initially depressed but I wasn't going to let that keep me down. Very much unlike me (who is usually weighed down with anxiety when I'm waiting for news this long), I stayed positive and hopeful all through and I know it is only God's grace that made it possible. Plus I went off NL completely because the wait was now harder each time I saw that someone had gotten PPR.

I did other things to occupy my mind- planning for Canada session, CanPrep sessions, house hunting, school research, day care research, everything that was going to make our move easier. I consumed all the relocation content I could find and that kept me going and still keeps me going.

Sometime in January, I ordered for my GCMS notes just to get a sense of where things were with my application and I saw a red flag regarding my NOC change. As a matter of fact my CRS score had been revised downwards from 444 to 394.
I immediately swung into action to try and deal with it. Some people tried to discourage me, some even suggested I withdraw my application and start afresh but I knew the God I serve wasn't about to quit on me. He perfects everything he started so I kept faith, did everything I ought to have done and remained hopeful.

I reached out again to NewMum who had relocated by then, she helped me review my LOE and stayed with me in prayers all through.

On the 8th of March, I got an ADR for payslips, bank statement highlighting my salary deposits, schedule A and additional family information, then I knew- He was about to come through�. I had proactively filled out all the forms so as soon as I got to work on Monday, I printed my payslips and uploaded everything then the 2nd phase of the wait began.

On the 5th of April, I was in this very terrible traffic and I decided to have an honest conversation with God. I didn't pretend about my expectation, I bared my soul to Him and asked Him to answer speedily! That same night at about midnight, my husband called and was at the verge of tears. The promotion list in his office had been released and after waiting for 67 months, his name wasn't on the list. I knew then that God was about to do something bigger than that promotion and bigger than all the other small things we had been hoping for. I comforted him and stayed up until he got home, I was afraid to tell him what I was feeling in my heart but I went ahead still and we agreed that it would be from my lips to God's ears.

The PPR rain started in an Accra Visa Office WhatsApp group that I eventually joined, I was so sure mine would come within the first few days and then my hope started wearing thin but I held on to God and stayed in praise mode constantly.

I got ghost update on the 17th of April and I celebrated it as a small victory.

Ladies and gentlemen, this morning, God confirmed His word! The email has landed and the feeling is indescribable�������. I'm overwhelmed right now, I don't know how to explain it but I know enough to know that we serve a mighty God, the one who breaks protocols for our sake. The one opens a door and no man can shut it.

I can't thank Him enough for taking me through the University of Patience. I've come out a better person. I'm thankful for the time I've spent waiting because it has helped me prepare to an extent for where I'm going (my best friend in Canada says I'm even more knowledgeable than herself who lives there�)

It is my prayer that the one who did it for me would do it for each and every one of you looking up to him for their own testimony.

Now the real panic attack has set in...I leave at the end of June and there's so much to be done� but I trust the one who has brought me this far to hand hold me through every planning process till I get on that flight with my family and settle in at the other end of the world!

I had to come back to my first PPR journey family to share this and to use the opportunity to thank the amazing, selfless human that is NewMum. Even after completing the journey and through the process of settling down in Canada she still finds time to check up on me and my application. She never stopped prophesying good news even until last week and now see what God did �

Summary of timeline:
ITA- June 25th 2018
AOR- August 17th 2018
1st ADR- September 14th 2018
2nd ADR- September 17th 2018
MEP- September 17th 2018
BIL- September 24th 2018
3rd ADR- March 8th 2019
PPR- Today �������

Chai! This feeling is sweet...✈✈✈������

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
Laurelgem:
Hi E-fam,
Make una help me warn ICES, they're looking for my trouble o.
Awwww soorryy! I totally can relate! They are so annoying. You could keep emailing them and if possible, call them. Advice them to kindly speed up the process abeg! Time is of essence!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bellexa22: 9:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
Tweet @nigimmigration on Twitter
They helped me fast track my passport production
LaVieCestBonBon:
Hello eFamily.....

without my passport.... apparently our dear nation Nigeria is running short of International Passport Booklets.

Amazing, isn't it?

Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DadR: 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
Congratulations nnetayo, and of a truth, we serve a living and mighty God.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mariesio: 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
nnetayo:
*Looonnnggg post alert*

��He's done so much for me, I cannot tell it all, na ra ekele mu o, if I had 10,000 tongues, it still don't be enough, na ra ekele mu o...what shall I render to Jehovah for He has done so very much for me...��

I can't thank Him enough first and foremost for the gift of life, for His protection and provision, for this mighty thing that He has done and must importantly for giving me the grace to remain on Faith street and trust Him till He came through.

Summary of timeline:
ITA- June 25th 2018
AOR- August 17th 2018
MEP- September 17th 2018
BIL- September 24th 2018
3rd ADR- March 8th 2019
PPR- Today �������

Your story is the first I will read from start to finish and it brought me hope.

Go and prosper

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by opella(f): 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
nnetayo:
*Looonnnggg post alert*

Summary of timeline:
ITA- June 25th 2018
AOR- August 17th 2018
MEP- September 17th 2018
BIL- September 24th 2018
3rd ADR- March 8th 2019
PPR- Today �������

Congratulations dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by teepee4Him(m): 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mercy0419:
Thank you Topsmamen.
This is my fear oh...do I just print out the last six months of 2017 from online banking.....

In my opinion, the reference letter in CIC format and any other document (ID Card while working in Nigeria) may be enough proof for the Job.. Since your Nigeria statement of account is not needed for POF. However, if you can call Gtbank to send the statement of account to U.S, then that's fine also...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
lambsbread:

Bachelors degree

Bro you better calm down with ECA...go find one more certificate because only Bsc cannot help you in this race.
Find a way to add to your degree and read page 1, you need more info.
Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
yemblaze:
Awwnnnn...All the best.

BTW: na Sis grin

Oh thanks sis, what about yours?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mercy0419:
Hi e-fam, congrats to all celebrants in the house.

Please I am on F2 visa and currently in US. I stopped work in 2017 and that is the work experience I want to use as I worked for 3years. I intend using my USbank account as my POF. So I would like to know if I need to submit the salary account I used in Nigeria. I plan to only submit the last six months payslip of 2017 and no bank statements.

Please let me know what you all think....
You need the reference letter too. Bank statement is not necessary for work experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
LaVieCestBonBon:
Hello eFamily.....

Amazing, isn't it?

Please help
You can't write IELTS without your passport (at least not in Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
Teamo2:
Do I need to add my ongoing doctorate degree to my education history even though I did not evaluate it?

I only evaluated my Masters and I don’t know if not putting it in my education history will count as misrepresentation.
Why give yourself the raw material for sleepless nights? Put it so you can have one less thing to worry about

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
whoknew:

Thank you for encouraging us,

I am really tempted to go spouse un-accompanying at the rate the 450s trend is going.

Ahhh please that should only be an option left for extreme cases. Be patient please

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (503)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.