Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860564 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by haywhy80: 11:54am On Apr 26, 2019
babebeky:

The New International Passport Will Commence On April 29 - Price & How To Apply by
AutoJoshNG : 6:47pm On Apr 15

The Nigeria Immigration Service will commence the issuance of the much awaited New International Passport on the 29th April, 2019. With the new passport, you can get up to 10 years validity as against the outgoing one that has a maximum validity of 5 years.

The new passport which will now be applied for and paid for online, has also added a new mandatory requirement that must be provided by all applicants.
The new requirement is the National Identification Number (NIN) and it will be provided in addition to the existing requirements like passport photographs, birth certificates, marriage certificates/newspaper publication, Local Government letter of identification, letter of consent for minors under 16 years, police report incase of lost passport amongst others.

Categories
- 32 page 5-year validity (Adults and Minors)
- 64 page 5-year validity (Adults and Minors)
- 64 page 10-year validity (Adults (18+) only)
- 32 Page 5-year Official Passport
Those that are less than 18 years old cannot get a 10-year validity passport according to ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) specifications due to expected change in their physical appearance.

Price
1. 32 Page 5-year Standard Passport is N25,000 ($130)
2. 64 Page 5-year Standard Passport N35,000 ($150)
3. 64 Page 10-year Standard Passport for adults only 18 years and above is N70,000 ($230)
4. 32 Page 5-year Official Passport is N15,000

How to Apply

Step 1:
Visit https://portal.immigration.gov.ng .. Select the type of passport application e.g. Fresh, Renewal, Lost, Damage, or Correction of data.

Step 2:
After completing the online application form, select the passport office you wish to visit for photograph, biometrics and eventual pickup. The next step is to make your payment online after which an application ID will be generated.

Steps 3:
Proceed to the passport office you selected to complete the process. Don't forget to take the necessary requirements stated in the second paragraph as well as evidence of payment made.
If you reside outside Nigeria, you will be required to submit your application at the preferred Nigeria Embassy/High Commission or Consulate you selected during the online application.

Note: Applicants are required to appear at the passport office chosen during online application for photograph and Biometric data capturing if current passport is more than six month old. Data on the old passport will also be the same as what will appear on the New Passport.

For enquiries and complaints, contact Passport and other Travel Documents Directorate -dcgptd@immigration.gov.ng
Source: Nigeria Immigration Service
https://autojosh.com/new-nigerian-international-passport/

Pls, what's the TAT (Turn Around Time) to issue the new passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 11:55am On Apr 26, 2019
Sis grin grin But some scripts can provoke sha grin

Ifeoma77:
Izz like prof drank bitterleaf juice for breakfast
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 11:58am On Apr 26, 2019
Suspectzero:
All these people whining about PPR script, just deal with it. They don't owe you anything. The way you complain is even quite off putting. You can't brow beat people into doing anything for you online. People are more likely to not post anything at all if this is the kind of response they get.

You say they asked lots of questions, you see, that's the actual difference, they had to ask the questions to get the responses they wanted, they didn't sit back and wait to be fed automatically by PPR scripts.

There are far more avenues for getting information about express entry than via nairaland. I think the real lazy ones are the ones who want to just sit here and get all their information from just one source. Google is your friend.
mr controversy we have heard you

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ebixxx: 11:59am On Apr 26, 2019
Thanks Ladymarshall!
Will do so ASAP and PM you.

ladymarshall:
I used those links to draft mine. Yes it should be stamped and signed. After you draft yours, I can crosscheck via pm

I submitted only reference letter in CIC format and salary certificate.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pejuhazel(f): 11:59am On Apr 26, 2019
I don't know but I will be submitting random pay slips
Ibelieveinme:
Thanks for the prompt response, so meaning the payslips and bank statement will have to be from date of first pay to date of resignation or do i have to randomly submit the monthly payslips
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2019
OMG!!! Just did!!! So so cool cheesy grin

Topsmamen:

Lol. I meant have you googled "Thanos" and clicked his gauntlet on the right hand side of the page? Try it on a PC, the effects are more visible.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by funshobabs(m): 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2019
Just received a mail for my EOR. I checked online and there's no change, does this mean that nothing changed or until I receive TRF?

Greetings good people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by babebeky(f): 12:06pm On Apr 26, 2019
haywhy80:

Pls, what's the TAT (Turn Around Time) to issue the new passport?

Hmmm I really don't know but trust me there is a long queue since February that is yet to be attended to for want of booklets both in Lagos and Abeokuta.I believe those will be treated first before this new passport is activated however, it's better you apply now so that it could be issued to you early.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dorothy0324: 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
Thanks a bunch. I will make use of that.
Adunnee:

Hi, I used Oanda.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Aisville: 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
Debsify:
Ontario
Thanks but their requirement states a job offer is required

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2019
funshobabs:
Just received a mail for my EOR. I checked online and there's no change, does this mean that nothing changed or until I receive TRF?

Greetings good people
If its BC, it is until you open the trf
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mstomie: 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2019
If i may ask, how long did your EOR take? I've dropped my BC EOR and I'm just trying to see what the average time is

funshobabs:

Greetings good people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by funshobabs(m): 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2019
Its mod. Thanks for the response.
pyruvateluv:

If its BC, it is until you open the trf
Goodluck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by funshobabs(m): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2019
Applied for remark on the 13th of this month...
Mstomie:
If i may ask, how long did your EOR take? I've dropped my BC EOR and I'm just trying to see what the average time is

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jovids: 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2019
jovids:
Good Morning great people,
Been a silent learner on this thread and it has helped me so much. Thank you all.

I sent my certificate and other docs through NIPOST on 21st February, 2019 to IQAS. Whenever I track it on line, it shows "inserted in bag" while Canada post didnt provide any information. Please how do i confirm if it has reached IQAS.

My transcript was sent through DHL and has reached IQAS since March 29th. I appreciate your speedy answers, thank you

Please help a newbie
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jovids: 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2019
topacs:
Yes, Just use nipost.....It will take 10 working days.

Please how do i confirm if it has reached them. i sent mine through NIPOST since 21st Feb and i have tracked but still showing "inserted in Bag".
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by HRgirl: 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello good people

Please i want to ask a quick question. I want to add my new born after i have gotten the PPR Mail. After several harrassment they have finally sent me the letter of with info on what i need to do and opened up a space on my profile for me to upload documents.

Now my question is after i have uploaded all documents medicals, baby's passport and so on, would i wait for them to get back to me or i just go ahead and continue to send my passport inclusive of baby's own. They gave me 15days which is almost spent and gave me another 30days to submit babys things..i'm just a bit confused on how to know they have gotten all i sent or if i should just go ahead and send my passports for copr after i have done all they said in the letter.

Please i need help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CodedPlumber(m): 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
Good day...

I'm a Plumber with 6yrs of working experience and I wá t to try the FSW programe.

Yes I have read threads but I'm still lost. Where do I start from Pls. What and what do I have to do.

I hope someone replies me... Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2019
jovids:
Good Morning great people,
Been a silent learner on this thread and it has helped me so much. Thank you all.

I sent my certificate and other docs through NIPOST on 21st February, 2019 to IQAS. Whenever I track it on line, it shows "inserted in bag" while Canada post didnt provide any information. Please how do i confirm if it has reached IQAS.

My transcript was sent through DHL and has reached IQAS since March 29th. I appreciate your speedy answers, thank you
With the long time it takes for IQAS to acknowledge receipt of mails (about 100 days currently), this was an unnecessarily risky thing to do. You should have just used DHL. You now have to wait and see whether they acknowledge receipt. I predict that this would be around June/July. If there's no special reason to use IQAS (that is if you're a lawyer or a nurse), I suggest you go with WES or ICES. IQAS is a school of patience abeg.
All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jsquire: 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Please i need some answers for a friend. Her situation is quite uncommon.

She has 3 elder siblings in Canada who entered illegally (They crossed the border between US and Canada) for reasons best known to them and are now refugees in Canada. One of them just recently got her invitation to apply for PR with her 3 kids, after her court hearing while the others are awaiting court hearing.

Now she is afraid this situation might affect her application, because she recently applied for a visiting visa with her parents. Unfortunately, she was denied but her parents were granted visas. Denial was based on their lack of conviction that she would come back to nigeria after her visit despite the fact that she has been to other countries more 13 times (US, UK, Dubai etc); schooled in the UK and yet she never overstayed.

Now she's really confused on what to do. She also feels that her siblings in Canada might have influenced their decision because she listed their names in the family information section of her application. Please what can she do about this?

Will this be a problem for her? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jjohndoe83: 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
HRgirl:
Hello good people

Please i want to ask a quick question. I want to add my new born after i have gotten the PPR Mail. After several harrassment they have finally sent me the letter of with info on what i need to do and opened up a space on my profile for me to upload documents.

Now my question is after i have uploaded all documents medicals, baby's passport and so on, would i wait for them to get back to me or i just go ahead and continue to send my passport inclusive of baby's own. They gave me 15days which is almost spent and gave me another 30days to submit babys things..i'm just a bit confused on how to know they have gotten all i sent or if i should just go ahead and send my passports for copr after i have done all they said in the letter.

Please i need help
So you got the PPR and didn't tell the house even after you mentioned that a lot depended on it. And you're back with more questions without giving back? Aunty fear God!

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
CodedPlumber:
Good day...

I'm a Plumber with 6yrs of working experience and I wá t to try the FSW programe.

Yes I have read threads but I'm still lost. Where do I start from Pls. What and what do I have to do.

I hope someone replies me... Thank you

Read up from Page 1 bro. Everything you need starts from there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2019
I wanted to say BULL... but I take it back, this is a peaceful thread and we don't want controversy. I respect your opinion sincerely but

@bolded 1, if this was the attitude those answering questions, sharing their experiences in-depth, assisting with IELTS/NOC etc, have had, I do not think this thread will exist and thrive as it has. If we tell everyone here "google is your friend", I do not think you would be here, there is something more you seek (of course besides the fact that nairaland thread is on google).

No one here asking for more depth to PPR stories feel entitled to anything. Active members are all making the same efforts as silent readers. PPR scripts does not feed us, put money in our pockets, give us more opportunities etc. In fact, we can do without the scripts. If it is about timelines, we can as well just stick to following immitracker (not forgetting the fact that people who share their procedural timelines on immitracker do it voluntarily, they do not owe us anything, yet they do it and it benefits us all).

Now do you know how many PPR stories on this thread have become reference points for future applications? Do you know how many follow-up questions and answers have emanated from PPR stories, assisting even non-followers of this thread? Do you know how many indepth PPR stories have helped confused applicants pre and post-AOR? For many questions regarding grey areas which are not specifically answered by IRCC, do you realise that some of the responses we give are just smart guesses and are based on indepth PPR stories which are a positive and successful validation of the process, documents, choices etc we make during EE application?

And yes, there are other sources of information but I can tell you having researched EE from different sources, that with the exception of CIC website in terms of authoritativeness, this thread provides one of the most diverse, indepth and accurate information on EE than any other source (part 1-7). And indepth PPR scripts contribute to that information. Infact one of the most unique benefits of this thread that you would not find on any other platform, is not the hard information, it is the feelings, struggles, fears, determination and victories of successful applicants like you and me which serve as inspiration and motivation and nothing captures this better than indepth PPR scripts. If indeed you want to show gratitude, help, motivate, inspire, encourage and uplift others after you, it is your public service responsibility to this thread to share your PPR story indepth. No one is forcing you, it's your choice as Ifeoma said. But if your heart moves you to share, please kindly do it indepth.

Suspectzero:
All these people whining about PPR script, just deal with it. They don't owe you anything. The way you complain is even quite off putting. You can't brow beat people into doing anything for you online. People are more likely to not post anything at all if this is the kind of response they get.

There are far more avenues for getting information about express entry than via nairaland. I think the real lazy ones are the ones who want to just sit here and get all their information from just one source. Google is your friend.

59 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Marula: 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2019
Please who knows any state that processes International Passport fast currently, Lagos or any neighbouring state please share state, processing time and amount. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2019
Congratulations on your PPR. The "anco" part killed me, lmao grin grin grin

Finally it has ended in praise. Thanks for sharing.

All the best to you and the family

mosky47:

YOU ASKED FOR IT:

FULL GIST

In fact for our PR application photo, we all wore the same fabric, thinking that the VOs will be happy and will give us PPR quickly because we were a happy family…..lol. For where?
POF was via (notarized) gift deed.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2019
As in very cool... seeing all those search results disappear... and reappear after the click again

ladymarshall:
OMG!!! Just did!!! So so cool cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
Now u can relate to why i raised some concerns in the first place.

jjohndoe83:

So you got the PPR and didn't tell the house even after you mentioned that a lot depended on it. And you're back with more questions without giving back? Aunty fear God!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2019
Wow!!! 1 yr and 4 mnths? No issue, nothing? shocked shocked Thank you so much for sharing. See me yesterday sharping my mouth during a phone conversation with my friend that no application can take a year without something wrong with the application (Adrs, interviews etc). This is really insightful to me. I was preparing my mind for 8 months, I will add 3 months extra grin grin grin

Congratulations. All the best to you.

waynetemi:
My timeline just to encourage someone:

PPR: 8 Apr 2019
COPR: 24 Apr 2019

Gathering and submission of docs was hitch free. While waiting there were No ADR, no ghost update, nothing. Just silence. Emails and GCSM notes didn't help. i didnt get any updates after medicals passed in Dec 2017 till i was asked to redo my Medicals in 2019. I just had to wait till IRCC had my time.

What did i learn on this journey: PATIENCE

Wish all those waiting all the best. It will surely come, though it may tarry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 1:11pm On Apr 26, 2019
Congratulations!!! Very funny script grin grin grin Your fiancee is a gem.

All the best to you both in Canada

EndInPraisess:
Allahu Akbar, Grace found Us!!

In The Past I have always been ‘pro-travel’. My first attempt in this relocation dream was exactly 10 years ago, My mother had filed for me - she was in the US, I can remember going to the US embassy several times, did medicals, DNA and a whole bunch of other stuffs.. I was eventually denied, Oh God! Devastated was an understatement.

Please house. We submitted our passport yesterday, I thought it reflects on ones CIC account
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
I am very happy for you. Congrats!!!! All the best for the rest of the journey. And true, Jay's videos does wonders

Ecanes:
Just to share a bit and come out of my silent mode....

I want to use this means to thank God for freeing me from IELTS... I wrote it 3 times in all and God answered me by the 3rd time.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by haywhy80: 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2019
ladymarshall:
Wow!!! 1 yr and 4 mnths? No issue, nothing? shocked shocked Thank you so much for sharing. See me yesterday sharping my mouth during a phone conversation with my friend that no application can take a year without something wrong with the application (Adrs, interviews etc). This is really insightful to me. I was preparing my mind for 8 months, I will add 3 months extra grin grin grin

Congratulations. All the best to you.

Don't fret. Yours may come out earlier.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by haywhy80: 1:16pm On Apr 26, 2019
babebeky:

Hmmm I really don't know but trust me there is a long queue since February that is yet to be attended to for want of booklets both in Lagos and Abeokuta.I believe those will be treated first before this new passport is activated however, it's better you apply now so that it could be issued to you early.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.