Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857315 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 1:16pm On Apr 26, 2019
@Xbature congrats on your PPR. Couldn't find your story again but I read it grin All the best to you in Canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2019
Thank you for reiterating my point in clearer details.

You see, the reason why people like Indians would always be more successful than us, is their free spirit to give back. They gladly give details and respond to even the most stupid questions i would cringe at. They are very welcoming and supportive. That's why I have not left their group even after getting PPR. I have even gotten to know most of them on a personal note. Great people.

But here.. when it's time to give back, that's when we remember its nobody's right... not compulsory. Why then did you ask on the group. You should have just researched on your own naa and not asked any questions.

Well, like I have said again and again, I will always be very appreciative of people that started this thread. I learnt more than 85% of what i know, used in my application and advise people, from this platform. It even spurred me to perform additional researches here and there.

We cannot all discount the fact that this thread has been invaluable... Well, social responsibility is not compulsory sha.

ladymarshall:
I wanted to say BULL... but I take it back, this is a peaceful thread and we don't want controversy. I respect your opinion sincerely but

@bolded 1, if this was the attitude those answering questions, sharing their experiences in-depth, assisting with IELTS/NOC etc, have had, I do not think this thread will exist and thrive as it has. If we tell everyone here "google is your friend", I do not think you would be here, there is something more you seek (of course besides the fact that nairaland thread is on google).

No one here asking for more depth to PPR stories feel entitled to anything. Active members are all making the same efforts as silent readers. PPR scripts does not feed us, put money in our pockets, give us more opportunities etc. In fact, we can do without the scripts. If it is about timelines, we can as well just stick to following immitracker (not forgetting the fact that people who share their procedural timelines on immitracker do it voluntarily, they do not owe us anything, yet they do it and it benefits us all).

Now do you know how many PPR stories on this thread have become reference points for future applications? Do you know how many follow-up questions and answers have emanated from PPR stories, assisting even non-followers of this thread? Do you know how many indepth PPR stories have helped confused applicants pre and post-AOR For many questions regarding grey areas which are not specifically answered by IRCC, do you realise that some of the responses we give are just smart guesses and are based on indepth PPR stories which are a positive and successful validation of the process, documents, choices etc we make during EE application

And yes, there are other sources of information but I can tell you having researched EE from different sources, that with the exception of CIC website in terms of authoritativeness, this thread provides one of the most diverse, indepth and accurate information on EE than any other source (part 1-7). And indepth PPR scripts contribute to that information. Infact one of the most unique benefits of this thread that you would not find on any other platform, is not the hard information, it is the feelings, struggles, fears, determination and victories of successful applicants like you and me which serve as inspiration and motivation and nothing captures this better than indepth PPR scripts. If indeed you want to show gratitude, help, motivate, inspire, encourage and uplift others after you, it is your public service responsibility to this thread to share your PPR story indepth. No one is forcing you, it's your choice as Ifeoma. But if your heart moves you to share, please kindly do it indepth.

41 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jovids: 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2019
[quote author=jjohndoe83 post=77871853]
With the long time it takes for IQAS to acknowledge receipt of mails (about 100 days currently), this was an unnecessarily risky thing to do. You should have just used DHL. You now have to wait and see whether they acknowledge receipt. I predict that this would be around June/July. If there's no special reason to use IQAS (that is if you're a lawyer or a nurse), I suggest you go with WES or ICES. IQAS is a school of patience abeg.
All the best. [/quo

will have to wait then or better still resend through DHL...i am a lawyer.
i appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adunnee: 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2019
ladymarshall:
I wanted to say BULL... but I take it back, this is a peaceful thread and we don't want controversy. I respect your opinion sincerely but

@bolded 1, if this was the attitude those answering questions, sharing their experiences in-depth, assisting with IELTS/NOC etc, have had, I do not think this thread will exist and thrive as it has. If we tell everyone here "google is your friend", I do not think you would be here, there is something more you seek (of course besides the fact that nairaland thread is on google).

No one here asking for more depth to PPR stories feel entitled to anything. Active members are all making the same efforts as silent readers. PPR scripts does not feed us, put money in our pockets, give us more opportunities etc. In fact, we can do without the scripts. If it is about timelines, we can as well just stick to following immitracker (not forgetting the fact that people who share their procedural timelines on immitracker do it voluntarily, they do not owe us anything, yet they do it and it benefits us all).

Now do you know how many PPR stories on this thread have become reference points for future applications? Do you know how many follow-up questions and answers have emanated from PPR stories, assisting even non-followers of this thread? Do you know how many indepth PPR stories have helped confused applicants pre and post-AOR? For many questions regarding grey areas which are not specifically answered by IRCC, do you realise that some of the responses we give are just smart guesses and are based on indepth PPR stories which are a positive and successful validation of the process, documents, choices etc we make during EE application?

And yes, there are other sources of information but I can tell you having researched EE from different sources, that with the exception of CIC website in terms of authoritativeness, this thread provides one of the most diverse, indepth and accurate information on EE than any other source (part 1-7). And indepth PPR scripts contribute to that information. Infact one of the most unique benefits of this thread that you would not find on any other platform, is not the hard information, it is the feelings, struggles, fears, determination and victories of successful applicants like you and me which serve as inspiration and motivation and nothing captures this better than indepth PPR scripts. If indeed you want to show gratitude, help, motivate, inspire, encourage and uplift others after you, it is your public service responsibility to this thread to share your PPR story indepth. No one is forcing you, it's your choice as Ifeoma said. But if your heart moves you to share, please kindly do it indepth.

Errrrrm....ma, pls ma, are you a lawyer? As in, are you a Barrister?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adunnee: 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
raphrulz:

You see, the reason why people like Indians would always be more successful than us, is their free spirit to give back. They gladly give details and respond to even the most stupid questions i would cringe at. They are very welcoming and supportive. That's why I have not left their group even after getting PPR. I have even gotten to know most of them on a personal note. Great people.

But here.. when it's time to give back, that's when we remember its nobody's right... not compulsory. Why then did you ask on the group. You should have just researched on your own naa and not asked any questions.

Well, like I have said again and again, I will always be very appreciative of people that started this thread. I learnt more than 85% of what i know, used in my application and advise people, from this platform. It even spurred me to perform additional researches here and there.

We cannot all discount the fact that this thread has been invaluable... Well, social responsibility is not compulsory sha.

I agree...an indian built an app recently, just to help others on this immigration journey.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by EyesondPrize: 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
It did not change if the refund form was not attached to the mail(For MOD).

funshobabs:
Just received a mail for my EOR. I checked online and there's no change, does this mean that nothing changed or until I receive TRF?

Greetings good people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
Ifeoma77:

This is soooooo cooooool!!!!!! grin
very cool cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2019
Suspectzero:
All these people whining about PPR script, just deal with it. They don't owe you anything. The way you complain is even quite off putting. You can't brow beat people into doing anything for you online. People are more likely to not post anything at all if this is the kind of response they get.

You say they asked lots of questions, you see, that's the actual difference, they had to ask the questions to get the responses they wanted, they didn't sit back and wait to be fed automatically by PPR scripts.

There are far more avenues for getting information about express entry than via nairaland. I think the real lazy ones are the ones who want to just sit here and get all their information from just one source. Google is your friend.
are you part of the people that ask questions, learn then run away? You say they don't owe people anything? If people here stop answering repeated questions, and there was no page 1, how would they learn and even know what to do right to get to PPR stage?

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
Aisville:

Thanks but their requirement states a job offer is required
ohk
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2019
Replied dear

jjohndoe83:
ladymarshall

you got mail!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Brownie1003: 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2019
I disagree with you my friend. There is a diff btw google and personal experience. Def, Google ll tell u want you want to know but those with personal experiences in terms of how they should go about it when submitting or uploading docs. Or those who didnt use the right noc nd their ita app was rejected. Or those who didnt know how to request their transcript based on their busy schedule or work schedule. ...etc.
The truth is this thread has been helpful. I wish i saw this thread last year nd not this year because it was from this thread i knew i could be the PA.
Fyn, they dont owe the thread ny ppr script but whenever i see one, i feel motivated and happy. I tap into the blessing and pray that i ll testify to receiving mine soon.
Suspectzero:
All these people whining about PPR script, just deal with it. They don't owe you anything. The way you complain is even quite off putting. You can't brow beat people into doing anything for you online. People are more likely to not post anything at all if this is the kind of response they get.

You say they asked lots of questions, you see, that's the actual difference, they had to ask the questions to get the responses they wanted, they didn't sit back and wait to be fed automatically by PPR scripts.

There are far more avenues for getting information about express entry than via nairaland. I think the real lazy ones are the ones who want to just sit here and get all their information from just one source. Google is your friend.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Denerystormborn: 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello all,I wanted to confirm,do I still need to send my university certificate, apart from the transcript that the university sends to wes? Or is it only the transcript that is to be sent?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adunnee: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2019
Denerystormborn:
Hello all,I wanted to confirm,do I still need to send my university certificate, apart from the transcript that the university sends to wes? Or is it only the transcript that is to be sent?

You are required to send a copy of your certificate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iammiracle1(m): 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2019
raphrulz:

Very true, i had to register and become a member on NL because google couldn't give me all info i wanted and there is nothing better than learning from your own ppl who have conquered, may God help us all on this journey... Amen

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2019
I got so many pms on cash salary certificate. So I decided to provide a sample of what I submitted. If your company agrees to give you, print it on a letterhead, sign and stamp.

But note my circumstance, I was paid in cash, have no payslips, the work experience was from 2014 to 2015 and since I left the country, I closed the bank account where I deposited the cash so I can't even print it. If you have the reference in IRCC format and it indicates you were paid in cash, you might not need anything else. I just added the salary certificate in place of payslips to prevent ADR and if ADR still comes, I would attach it again with an LOE.

49 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadahome: 2:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
Pls, for those that used ICES, where they asked for permission to release once personal information and they ask for the organization name, relationship with the organization.

what is the best way to fill this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by wisdom77: 2:18pm On Apr 26, 2019
jsquire:
Hello Everyone,

Please i need some answers for a friend. Her situation is quite uncommon.

She has 3 elder siblings in Canada who entered illegally (They crossed the border between US and Canada) for reasons best known to them and are now refugees in Canada. One of them just recently got her invitation to apply for PR with her 3 kids, after her court hearing while the others are awaiting court hearing.

Now she is afraid this situation might affect her application, because she recently applied for a visiting visa with her parents. Unfortunately, she was denied but her parents were granted visas. Denial was based on their lack of conviction that she would come back to nigeria after her visit despite the fact that she has been to other countries more 13 times (US, UK, Dubai etc); schooled in the UK and yet she never overstayed.

Now she's really confused on what to do. She also feels that her siblings in Canada might have influenced their decision because she listed their names in the family information section of her application. Please what can she do about this?

Will this be a problem for her? Thanks.

As far as she is not claiming sibling point I dont think her sister's indiscretion will affect her application for PR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
I pray o! Thanks grin

haywhy80:

Don't fret. Yours may come out earlier.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 2:31pm On Apr 26, 2019
ladymarshall:
Wow!!! 1 yr and 4 mnths? No issue, nothing? shocked shocked Thank you so much for sharing. See me yesterday sharping my mouth during a phone conversation with my friend that no application can take a year without something wrong with the application (Adrs, interviews etc). This is really insightful to me. [s]I was preparing my mind for 8 months, I will add 3 months extra[/s] grin grin grin

Congratulations. All the best to you.

at the struck out words

lailai God forbid. shorter than that. you deserve better(shorter) timeline. except it is of your own volition.

your english dey bust my brain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

very impeccable

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 2:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
ladymarshall:

RESPECT!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Amakyzuu: 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2019
Good day guys... Chukwu emekwala ka osi eme... He has blessed me beyond measures... He has put a smile on my face...

ITA - June 25, 2018
AOR - July 13, 2018
MEP /IP1 - August 2, 2018
IP2 - November 5, 2018
PPR - November 20,2018
Visa Office : Ottawa.
Transferred to Accra VO: still don't know the date but I found out in February.
Hubby works in the Navy. After a lot of research on timelines for military personnel, we decided to go on with the addition with FAITH instead of sponsoring later.

Got married: November 26, 2018
Raised CSE to add spouse: November 27, 2018
CIC response: November 28, 2018
Submitted spouse application: December 15, 2018 (a few documents had poor visual quality due to shrinking)
ADR for Schedule A, IMM5406 and IMM0008 due to poor visual quality: December 17, 2018
Submitted: December 17, 2018
ADR for Spouse's medicals: December 21, 2018
Went back to hospital got new e medical and submitted: December 24, 2018
Spouse medicals passed: December 29, 2018
PPR: april 26,3019

1. Thanks to everyone on this thread. Started the Canada journey in 2017 after so many years of trying to get scholarships to study abroad.

2. I started reading people's experiences on NL and that was what prompted me to try. I enrolled for ielts and wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017. My score was LRWS- 9, 7.5, 7.5, 7. I prepared hard from January till I wrote in Dec, even though some months were quite tight because I was running a masters program in Uyo.

3. I decided to evaluate my transcript for B. tech From Lautech after waiting for months for my "never ending" masters thesis to be vetted. Lautech too had its own issues being on strike for over 18 months, so the moment they called off that strike in january, I paid Wes and sent my transcript. The process was very easy for me. The evaluation was ready early March.

4. My crs score with just the B.Tech wasn't still enough, my birthday was approaching in April and the masters program was still unsure cos nasu was now on strike. Luckily, Nasu called off the strike in March and I ran to Uyo to pick up my vetted thesis. I quickly corrected it and submitted hard bound copies for senate to sit. My masters degree was awarded 2 days later. So I quickly paid Wes again and sent my transcript for evaluation in April. The evaluation was ready in June, so my crs shoot up from 435 to 470. I also didn't have continuous work experience from one company so I wanted to use just one year from recent years which would take my crs to 445. I didn't know what the cut off in the next draw would be so I played safe with the 3 years...

5. On June 25, 2018, there was a draw with 442 cut off, I checked my account and saw my ita had not dropped so I removed the other 2 years and my score dropped to 445. I got ITA a few hours later. N/B. I did an LOE for this o, to explain why I moved my other 2 years work experience to personal history.

6. In April my dad gifted me my 100% pof and we did a gift deed with his lawyer. I went to Lagos for medicals and police certificate. I got the other documents like bank statement, employment letter, confirmation letter, reference letter and I had loads of documents I uploaded, I even had to prove my relationship with my uncle who lives in Canada, I did this with pictures cos there was no Birth certificate to use. I had loe for every place holder. On July 13th I submitted and the wait began. While waiting, I messaged MP Ralph in October and was informed that my VO was Ottawa, this gave me hope.

7. I started planning on adding my fiance in November so we began preparations in October.

8. I received ppr on the 20th of November, 2018 6 days before my wedding. A day after my wedding I raised cse. They responded and we gathered documents including updated POF and submitted on the 15th of December, 2018. We received ADR few days later for clear copies of the previously submitted docs and another e medical document.

9. In February, I ordered notes and I raised cse in March when I was becoming impatient, to know the status of my application and that was when I found out my file had been moved to Accra... I didn't know how to feel... Could it be my husbands military service? This worried me... I mailed Ralph again in March and I was informed our marriage was confirmed genuine and my spouse added to my application on the 6th of February, 2019.

10. I surrendered all to God... Told Him not to put me to shame cos trust me, thoughts were coming as to why I didn't just go and sponsor later... As worries set in I raised cse and wrote a painful piece, they replied saying they'll try to make it faster but I should forward all enquires directly to AVO.... I sent same message to AVO and till now I didn't get a reply... Till now my GCMS note hasn't come... Thank God for this group for our joint prayers and moral support...

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Headnotthetail: 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
pejuhazel:

* Schedule A
* Additional family info
*Updated POF
*Bank statements showing salary deposits, and
* Pay slips

Bank statements of how many months do they usually request for?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sconp: 2:58pm On Apr 26, 2019
Suspectzero:

True, sharing should be a choice but then sharing helps others gain.

Also, I think not posting anything would be better than posting a PPR script that helps nobody.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mcstan18(m): 2:59pm On Apr 26, 2019
waynetemi:
My timeline just to encourage someone:
ITA: 17 Nov 2017
AOR: 5 Dec 2017
PPR: 8 Apr 2019
COPR: 24 Apr 2019

Finally here after the long wait. A big congrats to you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ifeyemi200(f): 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2019
My God! I can't believe this! Just holding on to someone's application without reason. Except maybe your application was under security checks/ surveillance! I am so happy it has finally ended in praise. You have all the time to plan your relocation

waynetemi:
My timeline just to encourage someone:

Single applicant
VO: London to Kyiv

IELTS: 8.5/8.5/7.5/8 done first trial

ITA: 17 Nov 2017

AOR: 5 Dec 2017
SILENCE
REQUEST FOR RE-MED: 28 Feb 2019

PPR: 8 Apr 2019
COPR: 24 Apr 2019

After waiting for 1 year and 4 months i really don't have the energy to tell any story because the truth is that there is none sef. Nothing interesting to mention. I discovered this forum after AOR while searching for info on processing times.

Gathering and submission of docs was hitch free. While waiting there were No ADR, no ghost update, nothing. Just silence. Emails and GCSM notes didn't help. i didnt get any updates after medicals passed in Dec 2017 till i was asked to redo my Medicals in 2019. I just had to wait till IRCC had my time.

What did i learn on this journey: PATIENCE

Wish all those waiting all the best. It will surely come, though it may tarry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mosky47: 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2019
cheesy
Thanks

ladymarshall:
Congratulations on your PPR. The "anco" part killed me, lmao grin grin grin

Finally it has ended in praise. Thanks for sharing.

All the best to you and the family

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ecanes: 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2019
Thank you for your response @Topsmamen.

Just to clarify, If I have more qualifications than is required for an NOC, but the NOC is a best fit for my JD, would there be an issue? As it seems like picking a lower level NOC (based on qualification only). I hope my question is clear.... undecided

Topsmamen:

You can use more than one NOC but you must have full-time continuous work experience in your primary NOC.

I see some of your duties are listed in both NOCs. I would go with 0122 though as 1212 is mostly for cash officers as well as payment and account payables desks.

A point to note: An applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by BabaYemiNaija: 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2019
Dear Seun,

'Sorry to hear about your rejection. Going by your job titles and descriptions, your head teller and funds transfer officer roles are not supervisory roles and as such fall under NOC level C. NOC 6551 is for Head Teller and 1434 is for funds Transfer Officer. Both NOCs don't qualify for FSWP.

NOCs 1212/ 6314 are closely related and fit a cash officer role. So NOC 1212 is still not fitting for Head Teller/FT Officer or the duties you listed. If you are able to get your HR to write the roles of a cash officer under your Head Teller title, it should be okay. But the duties must clearly state that you supervise tellers. So you need to resolve this first. Getting a migration lawyer without resolving this might not really help.

seunfoster:
Everyone pls help me ooo. Starting all over again after 11 months is frustrating enough.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2019
A big congratulations to you!!

Thanks so much for sharing.

To those that think that this is simply a waste of time.... trust me, someone in the nearest future who may be married to a military officer might not know the approach to go through, but with this ppr, you automatically get the heads-up and can ask further questions.

Imagine if she gave just timelines, how would we even know.

God bless you for the detailed PPR script.

I will rate you 8.9/10.

God bless you.

Keep shining!

Amakyzuu:
Good day guys... Chukwu emekwala ka osi eme... He has blessed me beyond measures... He has put a smile on my face...

I sent same message to AVO and till now I didn't get a reply... Till now my GCMS note hasn't come... Thank God for this group for our joint prayers and moral support...

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2019
Ecanes:
Thank you for your response @Topsmamen.

Just to clarify, If I have more qualifications than is required for an NOC, but the NOC is a best fit for my JD, would there be an issue? As it seems like picking a lower level NOC (based on qualification only). I hope my question is clear.... undecided

No issues boss. Only the lead statement and main duties are relevant. As long as your JD fits the NOC, it's not an issue. That's why I posted that "an applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."

See this link.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mauriss: 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2019
Ecanes:
Just to share a bit and come out of my silent mode....

I want to use this means to thank God for freeing me from IELTS... I wrote it 3 times in all and God answered me by the 3rd time.

1st IELTS - LRWS - 7.5/8.5/6.5/8.5 (MOD)
2nd Attempt - LRWS - 8.5/8/6.5/7.5 (MOD).... I was so sad that day, I can still remember the feeling (Remark came out negative. I still have the feeling my EOR was not done because I had to remind them after the remark timeline that i was yet to get a notification for the result. Na the money pain me pass sha)
Final attempt - LRWS - 8.5/9/7/7.5 (BC/ CBT)

I must say IELTS humbled me. I was so sure I would make it at one sitting. When I saw my 1st result it was a rude shock. You can imagine how it felt the 2nd time and even worse when the remark came back unchanged. I thank God for the encouragement from my spouse and some other unknown people who wrote their experiences on this forum, I decided to really swallow my pride and reassess what the problem could be with my writing. I found out it basically my structure that was the problem. Jay's videos really helped me to fine tune my writing.

So, I wrote CBT(I chose this because I truly hate waiting for results) with BC on the 9th of April and I got my result on 14th of April. The feeling of relief was so strong that you could touch it. I know God was teaching me something through this experience. I appreciate the success more and I truly understand how depressing it can be when the scores don't match up.

I wish everyone struggling with IELTS good success.

Waiting for ECA now before we dive into the pool.

In all, I enjoyed the CBT process because we were just about 10 people. I did my Speaking on the same day (Morning session) and the rest afternoon session. Although there was technical issues that day that made the 1st set start pretty late which also impacted my start time, the whole process was wayyyyyyy better than the paper test for me.

Please my seniors I will be needing your help with my NOC. I will be sending it shortly. Thank you in advance.

Please, how is the CBT version of the listening test? Do I need to know how to type very fast? I type at average speed. Please, its urgent. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2019
Amakyzuu:

ITA - June 25, 2018
AOR - July 13, 2018
MEP /IP1 - August 2, 2018
IP2 - November 5, 2018
PPR - November 20,2018
Visa Office : Ottawa.
Transferred to Accra VO: still don't know the date but I found out in February.
Hubby works in the Navy. After a lot of research on timelines for military personnel, we decided to go on with the addition with FAITH instead of sponsoring later.

Got married: November 26, 2018
Raised CSE to add spouse: November 27, 2018
CIC response: November 28, 2018
Submitted spouse application: December 15, 2018 (a few documents had poor visual quality due to shrinking)
ADR for Schedule A, IMM5406 and IMM0008 due to poor visual quality: December 17, 2018
Submitted: December 17, 2018
ADR for Spouse's medicals: December 21, 2018
Went back to hospital got new e medical and submitted: December 24, 2018
Spouse medicals passed: December 29, 2018
PPR: april 26,3019

Nice! Congrats!

Definitely a Page 1 material for adding spouse after PPR.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.