Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857935 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by amoskitto: 5:36pm On Apr 28, 2019
Thanks for the business. How about now?

 Coordinate activities of and provide support to front desk officers responsible for attending to walk-in customers
 Coordinate activities of and provide support to front desk officers responsible for attending to customer calls
 Coach front desk officers on client management and call handling policies and procedures
 Coordinate customer experience surveys, develop and submit monthly survey reports
 Perform requisition for office supplies (including stationeries and materials) required for the customer service unit
 Escalate computer systems downtime or malfunction (including Customer Relationship Management system, shared Network directories) to IT department for prompt resolution
 Develop process documentation to guide customer engagement for policy renewal
 Develop schedule for periodic correspondence with customers through contact channels, i.e. phone calls, email and SMS
 Review report of outstanding customer payments for policy renewals for completeness and accuracy and ensure payment instruction is communicated to the customers via contact channels, namely emails and letters
 Review reports on delivery of emails and dispatched letters to customers as prepared by front desk officers
 Liaise with the other departments (Underwriting and Sales teams) to ensure that customers policy renewal is performed satisfactorily
 Prepare and submit progress reports on a regular basis (including customer retention and renewal reports)

BabaYemiNaija:
The job duties you listed do not match the duties for NOC 6314.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 6:03pm On Apr 28, 2019
foi59:

J'ai étudie le francais à l'universite et j'ai une maitrise aux affaires publiques et internationales. oui plus de 5ans comme institutrice. Le NOC 4032-French as a second language elementary school teacher. C'est Bon? je n'ai pas étudie French education hence the fear

suis une femme o et j'espere que ce n'est pas un probleme de continuer cette discussion en francais.

Please, let me type this one in English, I have been banned twice now for typing in French despite not using accents angry

Like I said earlier, you have nothing to worry about. Your degrees and work experience are all in order. All you need is to dive in and take it one step at a time.

Meanwhile, you once said you'd like to stay in Quebec, right? Just wondering, are you going to change jobs or are you thinking of teaching French to Quebecois? grin CIC actually advises that incoming French speakers should reside in French communities outside Quebec as a means of spreading the language across the country. There are special bodies dedicated to helping francophones settle down in these areas.

@bolded, your gender doesn't change anything dear friend. wink

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Elektra008(f): 6:07pm On Apr 28, 2019
Cheta55:

Please everyone, I have been asking this question and no one is responding, the thing is that my friend has HND and OND and she doesn't want to use WES for some reason so now she want to know if ICES evaluates HND and OND as two or more certificates just like WES is doing, please someone should answer. Thank you for your response

Why not use Wes? It is cheaper at only 227 cad for every thing and you get two or more certificates. Ices is 200 CAD for each certificate making it 400cad minus courier cost. The only ish with WES is d request for sch cert which has been easy now by fellow Nairalanders.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2019
Guys, I need help !!!

I just recently did my biometrics. What I need now is advice on how to take my mind off anything CIC/IRCC/PR/Canada/etc. I need to concentrate on my job as I am in the middle of a huge assignment. The whole PR thing won't allow me sleep. Everyday, I wake up wondering if I filled this or missed that; I think of 101 reasons why my application might be rejected: I did not upload stamped pages of my old passport, can't remember if I entered my ECA number, my letter of non indebtedness was dated a couple months before the date on my statement, etc. And then I start panicking and most times end up not achieving anything tangible that day and the cycle continues. This is madness. I can't deal!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 6:18pm On Apr 28, 2019
I believe you are now good to go with 6314.

amoskitto:
Thanks for the feedback. I have now fine-tuned the job description. Please tell me if this is now suited for 6314.

I had checked 1212 before now, but I think my job title is more suited to 6314; besides I'm in the customer service unit not in a core insurance function.

 Coordinate activities of and provide support to front desk officers responsible for attending to walk-in customers
 Coordinate activities of and provide support to front desk officers responsible for attending to customer calls
 Coach front desk officers on client management and call handling policies and procedures
 Coordinate customer experience surveys, develop and submit monthly survey reports
 Perform requisition for office supplies (including stationeries and materials) required for the customer service unit
 Escalate computer systems downtime or malfunction (including Customer Relationship Management system, shared Network directories) to IT department for prompt resolution
 Develop process documentation to guide customer engagement for policy renewal
 Develop schedule for periodic correspondence with customers through contact channels, i.e. phone calls, email and SMS
 Review report of outstanding customer payments for policy renewals for completeness and accuracy and ensure payment instruction is communicated to the customers via contact channels, namely emails and letters
 Review reports on delivery of emails and dispatched letters to customers as prepared by front desk officers
 Liaise with the other departments (Underwriting and Sales teams) to ensure that customers policy renewal is performed satisfactorily
 Prepare and submit progress reports on a regular basis (including customer retention and renewal reports)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by adeptonlin(m): 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2019
Kindly help me ooo, how can I combine 2 NOC's to give me maximum score of 50 with three years of experience in my EE profile.
First NOC (6421) Aug 2012 - Jan 2014
Second NOC (1121) Feb 2014 - July 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
grin grin grin grin

Welcome to the post-AOR world.

Turn your mind now to living in Canada. Have you chosen a province/municipality? Are you ready for work?

Suggestions:

1. Register from Planning for Canada: https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/178#76821830

2. Go to the Living in Canada thread. Page 1 will keep you engaged for while. You can then continue through page 2 to the current page.

etrange:
Guys, I need help !!!

I just recently did my biometrics. What I need now is advice on how to take my mind off anything CIC/IRCC/PR/Canada/etc. I need to concentrate on my job as I am in the middle of a huge assignment. The whole PR thing won't allow me sleep. Everyday, I wake up wondering if I filled this or missed that; I think of 101 reasons why my application might be rejected: I did not upload stamped pages of my old passport, can't remember if I entered my ECA number, my letter of non indebtedness was dated a couple months before the date on my statement, etc. And then I start panicking and most times end up not achieving anything tangible that day and the cycle continues. This is madness. I can't deal!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 6:24pm On Apr 28, 2019
6421 is NOC C and so will not count.

adeptonlin:
Kindly help me ooo, how can I combine 2 NOC's to give me maximum score of 50 with three years of experience in my EE profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
With 2 kids and a history of living together, your friend should qualify for common-law which for immigration purposes is the same as marriage. Not that they shouldn't go ahead and marry.

The option you seem to be looking at is "spouse unaccompanying". They need to look long and hard at it because spousal sponsorship after is a long journey.

Have they checked the crs tool well? The spouse doesn't have to max IELTS to contribute good points.

kk2003:
Gurus in the house, please below case of which a friend is asking for advise.

"My fiance and I are yet to get married although we already have two kids. Although we are thinking of quickly doing the court marriage for the sake of this journey and do the remaining later because of finance, however, considering the fact that CRS isn't dropping and PNP is becoming difficult, we have been advised that one should go ahead with the process and file application for the other later. If we get married, the spouse will not be able to contribute much in terms of points because level of education (o-Level). So IELTS will be difficult. The PA is 32, Masters.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Palominopeaches(f): 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
Etrange my guy!! I totally understand loool. I've been feeling exactly the same way. I've felt a cascade of emotions, from fear to anxiety to panics to everything I can ever feel. I tried to do an online course, but I couldn't just focus. I finally accepted my fate, that maybe this is part of the price I have to pay for what I want.
So please take it easy on yourself. Find something to occupy your mind. Are you following GOT? Pray a little more. It will all end in praise.

etrange:
Guys, I need help !!!

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by adeptonlin(m): 6:33pm On Apr 28, 2019
That means the NOC's should be the same?
joo2018:
6421 is NOC C and so will not count.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Palominopeaches(f): 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2019
I'm not quite sure this registration works for those with just BIL. I tried but I couldn't

joo2018:
grin grin grin grin

Turn your mind now to living in Canada. Have you chosen a province/municipality? Are you ready for work?

Suggestions:

1. Register from Planning for Canada: https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/178#76821830

2. Go to the Living in Canada thread. Page 1 will keep you engaged for while. You can then continue through page 2 to the current page.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2019
joo2018:
grin grin grin grin

Suggestions:

Thanks for reaching to my reaching out!

Province? I have chosen, changed my mind, chosen again and changed my mind again... First, I wanted Quebec as I speak French. Then I got a letter from CIC advising that I choose any other province asides Quebec. They even listed links to bodies that will help me settle in the francophone communities of these anglophone provinces. This is in a bid to spread French across the country. Then I switched to Calgary. I later read somewhere that their oil dependent economy is ailing and jobs are becoming a bit scarce. Then I chose BC. That was before I learned how expensive it is over there. Ontario isn't any better. So I am back to Quebec. grin

The Planning for Canada guys no longer accept BIL. sad

Guess I will settle for the leaving in Canada thread.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2019
Palominopeaches:

Etrange my guy!! I totally understand loool. I've been feeling exactly the same way. I've felt a cascade of emotions, from fear to anxiety to panics to everything I can ever feel. I tried to do an online course, but I couldn't just focus. I finally accepted my fate, that maybe this is part of the price I have to pay for what I want.
So please take it easy on yourself. Find something to occupy your mind. Are you following GOT? Pray a little more. It will all end in praise.

My dear, this kind thing nawa o! I am not into GOT. I have prayed so often that heavens now know all my lines.

It's been a while though, hope you are packing your things already. I am not waiting for anybody o! grin

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 6:48pm On Apr 28, 2019
Palominopeaches:

I'm not quite sure this registration works for those with just BIL. I tried but I couldn't

True, heard they changed their MO.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2019
That sucks.

When did you attempt registering? As recently as Feb, they were still accepting.

Palominopeaches:

etrange:

Province? I have chosen, changed my mind, chosen again and changed my mind again... First, I wanted Quebec as I speak French. Then I got a letter from CIC advising that I choose any other province asides Quebec. They even listed links to bodies that will help me settle in the francophone communities of these anglophone provinces. This is in a bid to spread French across the country. Then I switched to Calgary. I later read somewhere that their oil dependent economy is ailing and jobs are becoming a bit scarce. Then I chose BC. That was before I learned how expensive it is over there. Ontario isn't any better. So I am back to Quebec. grin

Thanks!

Your province choice is turninoninown.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ODIX(m): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hello guys I’m new here, is there any WhatsApp group for prospective candidates waiting for ITA. If there is any please inbox me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 6:58pm On Apr 28, 2019
joo2018:
That sucks.

When did you attempt registering? As recently as Feb, they were still accepting.

Your province choice is turninoninown.

As for me, I got BIL this April and that's when I tried registering with those guys and got booted out undecided

Province is not a problem, let me get PPR first. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 6:59pm On Apr 28, 2019
etrange:
Guys, I need help !!!

This thing is hard mehn, I've updated PPR script and tire, the thing has almost become a diary. I think I have sort of tried to trick my mind into focusing on putting everything I can in place before the big move, that way whenever it comes what is left will be booking a seat on the flight. Maybe the trick is not taking your mind off it, maybe it's doing whatever you can to prepare for the journey ahead, that way you're not obsessing on the application itself. E.g have you checked that your driver's licence is good for when you get there?(someone mentioned something about graduated UU-25.) Do you have all your transcripts sorted if you require a course by course evaluation? What about reference letters for job applications over there, do you know who'll write them for you in your current place of work? Have you kissed their behinds enough?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ebixxx: 7:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hello @ladymarshall
Please can you assist me look through my salary certificate and reference letters sample?
I sent a PM request to your email.
Thanks!

ladymarshall:
I used those links to draft mine. Yes it should be stamped and signed. After you draft yours, I can crosscheck via pm

I submitted only reference letter in CIC format and salary certificate.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by damzy88: 7:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
etrange:
Guys, I need help !!!

Sorry,I can relate. Truth be told, there is hardly anyone that didn't experience all these. You just have to take your mind off it. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
Jennypharb1:

This thing is hard mehn, I've updated PPR script and tire, the thing has almost become a diary. I think I have sort of tried to trick my mind into focusing on putting everything I can in place before the big move, that way whenever it comes what is left will be booking a seat on the flight. Maybe the trick is not taking your mind off it, maybe it's doing whatever you can to prepare for the journey ahead, that way you're not obsessing on the application itself. E.g have you checked that your driver's licence is good for when you get there?(someone mentioned something about graduated UU-25.) Do you have all your transcripts sorted if you require a course by course evaluation? What about reference letters for job applications over there, do you know who'll write them for you in your current place of work? Have you kissed their behinds enough?

Lol@Bolded

OK, this is another dimension. Which one is U 25 again? Is it a tournament? Please, help me with a link.

I believe I can get a course by course evaluation from WES using the already submitted documents used for my ECA. I stand to be corrected.

As for reference letters, I know my targets already and yes, I have been kissing their toes grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Hephgirl: 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
Haaaa a
bouqounmie:
I know your other moniker sef. tongue tongue
I'm just good like that

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Hephgirl: 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
Jisox
ladymarshall:
You think so? I know you and I wasn't even "virtually alive" on this thread when you were active here. Generations after you read and remember. Your comments live on grin grin grin

Monday is coming... Cic vos will resume work

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2019
damzy88:

Sorry,I can relate. Truth be told, there is hardly anyone that didn't experience all these. You just have to take your mind off it. grin

I try. I try.

I love politics so I decided to focus more on politics just to divert my attention. Then I moved to international politics. Then I found myself in Canadian politics. Then voila! I started wondering what will happen to my application if Trudeau loses, will the incoming PM be in favor of immigration? And I'm back to anxiety. grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by damzy88: 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
etrange:

I try. I try.

I love politics so I decided to focus more on politics just to divert my attention. Then I moved to international politics. Then I found myself in Canadian politics. Then voila! I started wondering what will happen to my application if Trudeau loses, will the incoming PM be in favor of immigration? And I'm back to anxiety. grin
looool. This Canny hustle ehn. Oga gaan.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2019
No, it means you can only use the second NOC.

adeptonlin:
That means the NOC's should be the same?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by NanaF: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2019
etrange:

Thanks!

For Quebec, don’t you need to also complete another immigration application? This can keep you busy.

Reading the living in Canada thread will likely make you more anxious. You can unfollow this thread or other related threads if it adds to your anxiety and check on it once in a while. Overall assure yourself that your application is fine and just wait it out. I think you only have reason to feel anxious after the 6month mark. Check your processing times with other people with same AOR, this will help give some perspective and keep you calm.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Xclusivemaama: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2019
[quote author=etrange post=77933755]Guys, I need help !!!

I just recently did my biometrics. What I need now is advice on how to take my mind off anything CIC/IRCC/PR/Canada/etc. I need to concentrate on my job as I am in the middle of a huge assignment. The whole PR thing won't allow me sleep

Hahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin >
You are even better than me.. I haven't even sat for my ielts and I'm already daydreaming shocked sad sad sad Couldnt even concentrate in church today after a friend of mine called to say they have gotten PPR.. I was daydreaming all through the mass grin grin grin
God epp me undecided

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2019
Can you post the job description of your first NOC? Someone might help you find a better fit in O,A,B.

adeptonlin:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2019
Xclusivemaama:

Hahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin >
You are even better than me.. I haven't even sat for my ielts and I'm already daydreaming

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.