Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857828 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2019
NanaF:

For Quebec, don’t you need to also complete another immigration application? This can keep you busy.

Reading the living in Canada thread will likely make you more anxious. You can unfollow this thread or other related threads if it adds to your anxiety and check on it once in a while. Overall assure yourself that your application is fine and just wait it out. I think you only have reason to feel anxious after the 6month mark. Check your processing times with other people with same AOR, this will help give some perspective and keep you calm.

Thanks a lot. So far, I've been in sync with other peeps with the same AOR date. I'll look at the Quebec immigration form you mentioned.

Thanks again!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2019
etrange:

Lol@Bolded

OK, this is another dimension. Which one is U 25 again? Is it a tournament? Please, help me with a link.

I believe I can get a course by course evaluation from WES using the already submitted documents used for my ECA. I stand to be corrected.

As for reference letters, I know my targets already and yes, I have been kissing their toes grin

Lol, e reach to ask. I didn't even know what it was before it was mentioned. Only for me to check and I saw it on my own licence. I haven't really looked into it but when I saw it, I think what I got from the conversation was that you either can't drive certain types of vehicles in Canada or something like that. I'll look for the link on the other thread and modify this post when I find it.

Good with the WES evaluation, my profession requires a different agency again to do a course by course evaluation for my degrees, so that one is something for me to do.

Lol @kissing toes. Very important
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Lol, e reach to ask. I didn't even know what it was before it was mentioned. Only for me to check and I saw it on my own licence. I haven't really looked into it but when I saw it, I think what I got from the conversation was that you either can't drive certain types of vehicles in Canada or something like that. I'll look for the link on the other thread and modify this post when I find it.

Good with the WES evaluation, my profession requires a different agency again to do a course by course evaluation for my degrees, so that one is something for me to do.

Lol @kissing toes. Very important

OK Bro.

Thanks a million times!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ifeoma. I finally saw it... sigh cry
The emotions.
The uniform oohs and aahs in the theater
The applauses
And then it came, like the rushing of a mighty wind... The thunderous "NOOO!"
Strangers looking at each other in confusion. What just happened?
Bags of popcorn seeking solitude on the soda stained floor.
And just like that.. it was over. cry

Ifeoma77:

Sis!! Go with hankie, real one that can mop up tears not the crap they sell in traffic these days
cry

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 8:33pm On Apr 28, 2019
etrange:

OK Bro.

Thanks a million times!

Lol, bros it's sis. See this link I think the lady found a solution to her issue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2019
etrange:
Guys, I need help !!!

I just recently did my biometrics. What I need now is advice on how to take my mind off anything CIC/IRCC/PR/Canada/etc. I need to concentrate on my job as I am in the middle of a huge assignment. The whole PR thing won't allow me sleep. Everyday, I wake up wondering if I filled this or missed that; I think of 101 reasons why my application might be rejected: I did not upload stamped pages of my old passport, can't remember if I entered my ECA number, my letter of non indebtedness was dated a couple months before the date on my statement, etc. And then I start panicking and most times end up not achieving anything tangible that day and the cycle continues. This is madness. I can't deal!

Happens to the best of us bro. About the stamped pages of your old passport, don’t stress about not uploading them. The ECA number field is a mandatory one so you probably entered it. I won’t tell you to get your mind off of it because it won’t work. Outside the workplace, try to spend more time with friends and family seeing as you’d relocate soon, hit the gym, spoil yourself with a PS4 if you’re a gamer and don’t have one already (don’t truncate your POF sha grin). Basically, hobbies or things you love doing that would pass the time and keep you busy. Personally, i binge-watch TV series and spend a good part of my time carrying out research on employability and adapting to life in canada. That still doesn’t cut it but something has to give. Most importantly, be positive that your application will turn out good.

The thing is, anxiety makes us fixate on worst-case scenarios which is perfectly normal. I’ve been there, we all have been, i’m still there actually grin. But guess what? Most of the things we worry about do not even happen at all.
Our brother @Osaze007 can testify to this grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Lol, bros it's sis. See this link I think the lady found a solution to her issue

Sorry sis!

OK, that was an interesting read. I'll check mine to ensure it doesn't have the dreaded U25 then.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by adeptonlin(m): 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2019
Okay
Stencil:
Can you post the job description of your first NOC? Someone might help you find a better fit in O,A,B.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 8:49pm On Apr 28, 2019
Topsmamen:

Happens to the best of us bro. About the stamped pages of your old passport, don’t stress about not uploading them. The ECA number field is a mandatory one so you probably entered it. I won’t tell you to get your mind off of it because it won’t work. Outside the workplace, try to spend more time with friends and family seeing as you’d relocate soon, hit the gym, spoil yourself with a PS4 if you’re a gamer and don’t have one already (don’t truncate your POF sha grin). Basically, hobbies or things you love doing that would pass the time and keep you busy. Personally, i binge-watch TV series and spend a good part of my time carrying out research on employability and adapting to life in canada. That still doesn’t cut it but something has to give. Most importantly, be positive that your application will turn out good.

The thing is, anxiety makes us fixate on worst-case scenarios which is perfectly normal. I’ve been there, we all have been, i’m still there actually grin. But guess what? Most of the things we worry about do not even happen at all.
Our brother @Osaze007 can testify to this grin

Thanks brother. I'm heading down the street now to get some ice cream and hang out with friends. And when next anxiety sets in, I'll come back and read this post of yours.

My spirit tells me your PPR will come much faster than you anticipate!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Asewereniseoluw: 8:57pm On Apr 28, 2019
Please help me out with my ielts training
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2019
Stencil:
Ifeoma. I finally saw it... sigh cry
The emotions.
The uniform oohs and aahs in the theater
The applauses
And then it came, like the rushing of a mighty wind... The thunderous "NOOO!"
Strangers looking at each other in confusion. What just happened?
Bags of popcorn seeking solitude on the soda stained floor.
And just like that.. it was over. cry

You are an excellent movie reviewer grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2019
etrange:
Guys, I need help !!!

I just recently did my biometrics. What I need now is advice on how to take my mind off anything CIC/IRCC/PR/Canada/etc. I need to concentrate on my job as I am in the middle of a huge assignment. The whole PR thing won't allow me sleep. Everyday, I wake up wondering if I filled this or missed that; I think of 101 reasons why my application might be rejected: I did not upload stamped pages of my old passport, can't remember if I entered my ECA number, my letter of non indebtedness was dated a couple months before the date on my statement, etc. And then I start panicking and most times end up not achieving anything tangible that day and the cycle continues. This is madness. I can't deal!
grin grin
You will survive

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 9:03pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ifeoma77:

grin grin
You will survive

LMAO!

Ifeoma, that mischievous cat seems to be mocking me!

I am sure slimmed down during your own waiting period. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:10pm On Apr 28, 2019
etrange:

LMAO!

Ifeoma, that mischievous cat seems to be mocking me!

I am sure slimmed down during your own waiting period. tongue
I was this close to going to look for sleeping pills.
Now, I hit the snooze button like 4 times before I get up cheesy
Don't fight what you're feeling, the only way out is through. Trust me, you'll survive it

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
@Topsmamen any help please?
adeptonlin:
Okay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
grin grin grin
Ifeoma77:

You are an excellent movie reviewer grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etrange: 9:16pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ifeoma77:

I was this close to going to look for sleeping pills.
Now, I hit the snooze button like 4 times before I get up cheesy
Don't fight what you're feeling, the only way out is through. Trust me, you'll survive it

I will. And I will come back here and tell others that I've been there! cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by akogunwhite: 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ugomaxx:
My e & fabulous family, lemme come out of my vampire-ish hibernation to tell you guys that ielts came through. First attempt idp LRSW 8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7.5. God did this. Thank you @topsmamen for your kind gesture just yesterday, I'm sure I'll soon bring on my bad dancing on your PPR story very soon. @jjohndoe83,wow!!! Ain't that amazing, making d rest of us look simple. ECA you're next. I'm out, the limelight is already "burning" me.

Send me the materials you used. E-mail : tulonsolutions@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
Were you able to settle on a province?

Topsmamen:
I spend a good part of my time carrying out research on employability and adapting to life in canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by saidato: 9:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Good evening Ma/ Sir,
Pls kindly add me to SINP WhatsApp group am interested because I need so information s. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 9:23pm On Apr 28, 2019
Stencil:
@Topsmamen any help please?

@adeptonlin: you posted your JD with NOC 1121 duties instead of the 6421 duties. Please resend.

cc: @Stencil

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Cheta55: 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
Please everyone I really appreciate your answers but am more confused now, some people said ICES will evaluates HND and OND as two or more certificates and some said IQAS is better, my friend doesn't want to go for WES for some reason. Please everyone what do you suggest, apart from WES, which other one will evaluate HND and OND as two or more certificates? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chrisebsy: 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
ladymarshall:
My mum was denied a UK visa some years back (only her, without the rest of the family), do I have to declare this? I've been ruminating since morning on any possible reason for rejection. Funny how this EE application makes you so insecure no matter the precautions you take pre-AOR grin

I don't get , will one also declare any visa refusals from extended family members ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by saidato: 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2019
@ifeoma77 pls kindly help me too with this SINP program, I saw the way pple are praising u here. Pls my WhatsApp number is 08063926116 and @bukzie I wish u all the best in ur journey pls am also interested in SINP Program kindly add me to the group this is my WhatsApp number 08063926116. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by saidato: 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hello @ifeoma77, I really need ur help on this SINP OID program. My WhatsApp number is 08063926116. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by saidato: 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2019
@ifeoma77 pls I need ur help on SINP OID I can be reached on 08063926116. I will love to hear from you very soon. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by 55emem55: 9:53pm On Apr 28, 2019
@Ramj please you have a PM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chrisebsy: 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2019
Cheta55:
Please everyone I really appreciate your answers but am more confused now, some people said ICES will evaluates HND and OND as two or more certificates and some said IQAS is better, my friend doesn't want to go for WES for some reason. Please everyone what do you suggest, apart from WES, which other one will evaluate HND and OND as two or more certificates? Thank you

don't fret yourself lad , I am not sure ices will evaluate OND,HND as 2ormore with one as 3yrs. However , before you use them ,ensure you are absolutely certain that they will. as for WES, they are your friend's best bet. if the reason for not using WES is as a result of age discrepancy between WAEC and other qualifications. you might want to ask out here, if are solutions for that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Cheta55: 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2019
Please Dubajek I need to talk to you, I have sent you an email but you didn't respond, I don't thing you got the email, you said you are evaluating your OND and HND with ICES. Please respond to me, this is my email adimonye205@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2019
etrange:

Thanks for reaching to my reaching out!

Province? I have chosen, changed my mind, chosen again and changed my mind again... First, I wanted Quebec as I speak French. Then I got a letter from CIC advising that I choose any other province asides Quebec. They even listed links to bodies that will help me settle in the francophone communities of these anglophone provinces. This is in a bid to spread French across the country. Then I switched to Calgary. I later read somewhere that their oil dependent economy is ailing and jobs are becoming a bit scarce. Then I chose BC. That was before I learned how expensive it is over there. Ontario isn't any better. So I am back to Quebec. grin

The Planning for Canada guys no longer accept BIL. sad

Guess I will settle for the leaving in Canada thread.

Thanks!
your bilingualism is a big plus for you. Try federal government jobs in any city. Choose ottawa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by saidato: 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2019
@ifeoma77 pls kindly help me with SINP program. I can be reached on 08063926116 and my email address is saidat.bolaogun@gmail.com. I really need u badly this time and I pray God will help u too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
saidato:
@ifeom.a77 pls I need ur help on SINP OID I can be reached on xxxx. I will love to hear from you very soon. Thanks in anticipation.
Hi, I don't know anything about SINP OID. Maybe ask on the PNP thread.
Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.