Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857490 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sthill5: 7:00pm On Mar 04, 2019
wendylicious9:
Thank you @Ifeoma77 for your input. I really appreciate it.

As for "those" who feel my question was about me and not my friend as I claimed. I have attached a screenshot of my WES evaluation which I completed last year and a copy of the BIL that I got a month ago, so you can receive CONVICTION. If you have any suggestions/ view, I'll actually appreciate it, so that I can actually pass it along to my "friend".

I wish all of us speedy PPR.

When I needed help with paying for CPA tax course, I came here and I openly asked, and I got the information I needed from ralprulz(thanks by the way).

Thank you very much.

You don't need to prove anything...you even showed your real name chai

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2019
Has your status been updated to show the due date of completion? If not, send them an email with your exact words and ask them when your evaluation will be ready, they will reply you and update your due date of evaluation completion so you know when to expect it. Happened to me too and they only updated it after I emailed them.

zohan101:
My WES is taking forever o applied since december for both Bsc and Msc evaluation. Unilag(MSc) sent thier feedback verifcation to WES since Jan 29th while Uniben(BSc) sent theirs Feb 8th. Uptil now evaluation still hasnt been completed, still showing " Evaluation in progress". Please has anyone experienced same duration with WES undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2019
wendylicious9:
Thank you @Ifeom.a77 for your input. I really appreciate it.

As for "those" who feel my question was about me and not my friend as I claimed. I have attached a screenshot of my WES evaluation which I completed last year and a copy of the BIL that I got a month ago, so you can receive CONVICTION. If you have any suggestions/ view, I'll actually appreciate it, so that I can actually pass it along to my "friend".

When I needed help with paying for CPA tax course, I came here and I openly asked, and I got the information I needed from ralprulz(thanks by the way).

Thank you very much.
You're welcome
Please remove your personal info. You owe nobody any explanations.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Zutlin: 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2019
wendylicious9:
Thank you @Ifeoma77 for your input. I really appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

I also saw the comment. You didn't have to prove anything to them but I guess this would make them be more mindful of their subtle accusations next time.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by zohan101: 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2019
No completion date has been indicated on my account. Thank you, I will send the mail right away.
ladymarshall:
Has your status been updated to show the due date of completion? If not, send them an email with your exact words and ask them when your evaluation will be ready, they will reply you and update your due date of evaluation completion so you know when to expect it. Happened to me too and they only updated it after I emailed them.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by boundlessjoy: 7:18pm On Mar 04, 2019
bozz007:
@boundlessjoy congrats on the successful conclusion of your application.

Do you plan to practise law when you get over there? If you plan to, what will be the advisable ECA body to use for the initial pre-PR application that will make NCA leg more straightforward.

Will WES/IQAS send the assessment to NCA instead of me going back to law school?
Thank you bozz007.
I used WES for my ECA. Although I didn’t get points for a professional degree, I chose the 2 certificates option.

As a matter of fact, NCA has acknowledged the receipt of my credentials from WES and same shows on my NCA profile as approved. I currently await the result of the assessment.

So yes, WES will send the converted course by course evaluation report to NCA and NCA will accept it.

I am sorry, I don’t have enough information about IQAS in this regard.

I hope this answers your question? Let me know if you need further info.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mobiss(m): 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
Hello Good People,

Please, I am just about to start this whole EES process from the scratch. But before i start investing into it, I decided to check my eligibility using a feasible IELTS scores plus my last job title and description, which end up qualifying me. Hurray!!!

I was worried, after checking my CRS score that end up being 360, I developed instant turn off with this. But something in me keep telling me “impossible is nothing.”

A quick heads up on what I have in terms of qualifications.

-Clocking 35 in Q3-2019;

-Got a B.Tech degree;

-3 years working experience in logistics field,before resigning from my job in December,2017 to run my personal business;

-Wify, got 2 yrs diploma certificate and first degree in industrial labor relations (ILR) with no single work experience, self employed.

So here are my Qs:

1) What other things can I do to up my CRS scores? As i learnt from my research that 440 upward is more realistic for selection into the pool. And i will need nothing less than 90 to be on the safer side. So how do I gather this 90 points?

b) Will my wife have to do IELTS to help push the score point up? Considering the facts that she doesn’t have any work experience to file in for EES that could help increase the CRS score. Can she still apply has an applicant with me considering all these factors stated?

2) Is PNP another option for me? If yes,will I have to get a job offer from desired province before going this route? Won’t mind any suggestions based on province that would cut across my career path.

3) I have got no close relatives in Canada, except for distance friend and university friends, and some canadian business partners, can any of these links be helpful if I claim them as my relatives in CRS?

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
Queencyco:
Good evening house,
Please I need your help / advice on this.

I am the PA but a few years ago, hubby gave his international passport to an agent who claimed he was going to help him secure a Canadian visa, through the Nigerian police.

According to him, the police had some slots for a conference and he wanted to fix him. Hubby did not fill any form or present any other document, except his passport.

After some time, the man returned the passport and said they didn't grant him the visa. Hubby fell out with him and used security agents to get his money back.

The issue now is, we do not know if the agent truly submitted anything in his name and was rejected. We have lost the man's contact to ask him what really happened. Is it possible that he did submit the passport without hubby's details?

When applying now, do we declare that he has been denied a visa or not? What do you suggest?

Please help!

In my own opinion just write LOE that you've been a victim of a fake agent and explain.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 7:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
Same issue here..UNILAG M.sc verification wahalah since January. WES has sent another mail again. Meanwhile LASU was done in less than a month. Its not WES..Its the school's slow response. It is well!!
zohan101:
My WES is taking forever o applied since december for both Bsc and Msc evaluation. Unilag(MSc) sent thier feedback verifcation to WES since Jan 29th while Uniben(BSc) sent theirs Feb 8th. Uptil now evaluation still hasnt been completed, still showing " Evaluation in progress". Please has anyone experienced same duration with WES undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2019
COPR:

I was about to mention your moniker. Lol
No problem. Let her redo her passport and put 1985 there. I don't understand the NOUN part though. Has she finished the masters or just enrolled? Je nai pas compris
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 7:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
Social work is a good NOC for PNP. Check the PNP link.

Mudicua:
Thanks for the info. @joo2018
Omo ehnnn, I do not know if i can pick up french and be able to get good scores. I guess i am scared of that.
I am not married, and I am female. My NOC is social services.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
yemblaze:
Same issue here..UNILAG M.sc verification wahalah since January. WES has sent another mail again. Meanwhile LASU was done in less than a month. Its not WES..Its the school's slow response. It is well!!
Why evaluating B. SC when there is M. Sc? And you would have used ICES. Anyway, stress tolerance level differs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
yemblaze:

Please can I pm you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by wasseynewest: 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
Na wa o. Person go just close eyes comot for the thread and to open am again, Wawuuuuu! 20pages to catch up with.
What naaaaa? grin.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by fidelism: 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
I am a bit confused about WES WAEC requirements. Do I still need to post a physical document containing my WAEC Pin to wes or is there any alternative to delivering the pin? What options are available?
Can someone in Canada fill the form on my behalf and post it to WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2019
mobiss:
Hello Good People,

Please, I am just about to start this whole EES process from the scratch. But before i start investing into it, I decided to check my eligibility using a feasible IELTS scores plus my last job title and description, which end up qualifying me. Hurray!!!

I was worried, after checking my CRS score that end up being 360, I developed instant turn off with this. But something in me keep telling me “impossible is nothing.”

A quick heads up on what I have in terms of qualifications.

-Clocking 35 in Q3-2019;

-Got a B.Tech degree;

-3 years working experience in logistics field,before resigning from my job in December,2017 to run my personal business;

-Wify, got 2 yrs diploma certificate and first degree in industrial labor relations (ILR) with no single work experience, self employed.

So here are my Qs:

1) What other things can I do to up my CRS scores? As i learnt from my research that 440 upward is more realistic for selection into the pool. And i will need nothing less than 90 to be on the safer side. So how do I gather this 90 points?

b) Will my wife have to do IELTS to help push the score point up? Considering the facts that she doesn’t have any work experience to file in for EES that could help increase the CRS score. Can she still apply has an applicant with me considering all these factors stated?

2) Is PNP another option for me? If yes,will I have to get a job offer from desired province before going this route? Won’t mind any suggestions based on province that would cut across my career path.

3) I have got no close relatives in Canada, except for distance friend and university friends, and some canadian business partners, can any of these links be helpful if I claim them as my relatives in CRS?

Thanks in anticipation!
1. Masters degree. What do you mean by 90 points?
b. Yes, she needs to write IELTS. With her 2 certificates, She's actually in a better position to be the PA. Did she do NYSC? If yes, that is enough work experience to apply with. If not, she should get a teaching job asap. She can gather 1 year work experience faster than you getting masters or PNP.
2. PNP is an option and you don't need a job offer to get a PNP nomination. For more information on PNP see this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs
3. No and please don't claim anyone, you will put both yourself and them in trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by queenieB: 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2019
@ifeoma77 Nne, where do you get these very funny pictures... I practically laughed out loud at this one

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
Correct.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/how.html

Zutlin:
Please I just want to be double sure about this.

Someone with a B.Sc in Medical Laboratory can use WES right? MCC and PEBC is not for them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
The hustle continues. Keep the faith.
trendy09:
Hello fam.So,writing remark came back unchanged (BC).So heartbroken right now tho...But d hustle stops when we stop breathing.Oga Wasseynewest,thanks for those words bro.I don gbe body.
P.S... Has anybody here used d MOD Ikorodu exam venue?Do they provide headset for listening test?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 7:55pm On Mar 04, 2019
The questions are:

Is it under NOC 0,A or B?
Were you paid?

If yes, you are good to go.

If the working hours were min. 30hrs/wk, you can claim 2yrs full-time work experience.

mobiss:
Hello,

Does anyone here know if my two years casual work experience with an engineering company will add up to my current work experience?

Note: While doing the casual job, I wasn't on the company pay roll list, because I was being paid as a casual worker.
Will like to know if this is applicable to my work experience before requesting for reference letter from the coy.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by EddieMurphie: 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2019
Hello everyone, having gone through the thread I want to ask a couple of questions;

1) does IQAS have any advantage over WES? If yes, pls what is it?

2) if the gift of deed is coming from my dad, at what stage would I be needing it ( i.e when should the money be in my account and for how long?)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:09pm On Mar 04, 2019
fidelism:
I am a bit confused about WES WAEC requirements. Do I still need to post a physical document containing my WAEC Pin to wes or is there any alternative to delivering the pin? What options are available?
Can someone in Canada fill the form on my behalf and post it to WES
From what I understand on the WES website, the form is now the standard method for verifying WAEC reaults. Before, they insisted on unscratched cards, but those are very difficult to get and maybe they decided that instead of people sending the newly introduced WAEC e-pin voucher, it's better to use a standard form.
yes I do believe someone in Canada can fill it for you and post. If you haven't sent your WAEC transcripts yet, you may consider adding it to that package.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Queencyco: 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2019
[quote author=Ifeoma77 post=76346897]
This is a very interesting case. Personally, I think the person lied and didn't submit anything. If he did, he would have asked your hubby one million questions while filling the forms.

Thank you, I appreciate your advice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Homguy(m): 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2019
Hello Fam,
Let me share my timeline, its still feels like a dream I and my family are traveling soon.

Ielts ( May 2017 lsrw 8,8,8.5,6.5 )
Spouse ielts (Aug 2017 lsrw 9877)
ECA -October 2017
Spouse ECA -December 2017
Entered pool with 435.
CRS didn't drop
Spouse Masters ECA -September 2018.
ITA- Oct 3 ,2018
AOR - December 1
Med passed/Bil - January 11,2019
Ghost update- Feb 26
PPR -Feb 27

To God be the glory.

90 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Queencyco: 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2019
Josefuadjr:

I think you should declare it and if they find nothing, they think you're batshit crazy. If they do find, you're fine cos hey you declared it

Thanks, I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
queenieB:
@ifeoma77 Nne, where do you get these very funny pictures... I practically laughed out loud at this one
grin grin grin grin Twitter is God's gift to meme lovers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majjj: 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
Good day all,
Is there anyone here who can answer this question for me? So my friend got admitted into a university in Canada and is processing her student visa. To my question,her kids are in her application but they have American passports and she didn’t bother including them in her visa application. Will this be an issue for her? Seeing as they have their American passports? Will there be any issue at Nigeria’s immigration or Canada immigration? Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majjj: 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
smslive2:
This is our week of greatness... Every stumbling blocks have been destroyed

Amen ��
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 8:26pm On Mar 04, 2019
Congratulations!!! Wish you and your family the best in Canada

Homguy:
Hello Fam,
Let me share my timeline, its still feels like a dream I and my family are traveling soon.

Ielts ( May 2017 lsrw 8,8,8.5,6.5 )
Spouse ielts (Aug 2017 lsrw 9877)
ECA -October 2017
Spouse ECA -December 2017
Entered pool with 435.
CRS didn't drop
Spouse Masters ECA -September 2018.
ITA- Oct 3 ,2018
AOR - December 1
Med passed/Bil - January 11,2019
Ghost update- Feb 26
PPR -Feb 27

To God be the glory.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mobiss(m): 8:29pm On Mar 04, 2019
Ifeoma77:

1. Masters degree. What do you mean by 90 points?
b. Yes, she needs to write IELTS. With her 2 certificates, She's actually in a better position to be the PA. Did she do NYSC? If yes, that is enough work experience to apply with. If not, she should get a teaching job asap. She can gather 1 year work experience faster than you getting masters or PNP.
2. PNP is an option and you don't need a job offer to get a PNP nomination. For more information on PNP see this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs
3. No and please don't claim anyone, you will put both yourself and them in trouble.

Thanks so much for the speedy response.

1) To be more realistic Msc is a tough call for me due to my business nature,but I can make do with online Msc if it’s acceptable.

2) My wife just reminded me now that she had 1yr 9 months teaching experience in primary school plus one year NYSC teaching experience as well.Just like you said, she might be the right person for PA. But those working experience is not relate to her first degree and diploma certificate in (Industrial and Labour Relations). Does this matter when chosing her NOC skill category? Will she have to chose teaching as NOC skill?

3) Will check the PNP link out. Thanks

4) With no blood relatives in Canada, is it still a ‘go ahead’ process for us?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mobiss(m): 8:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
joo2018:
The questions are:

Is it under NOC 0,A or B?
Were you paid?

If yes, you are good to go.

If the working hours were min. 30hrs/wk, you can claim 2yrs full-time work experience.

Thanks for the response sir. But I was been paid on wages with no data on HR pay roll. But all good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.