Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? (1432 Views)

Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? / Man Discovers His 4 Children Aren't His Via Compulsory DNA Test At US Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 4:19pm On Feb 19, 2019
So I've been trying to sell my sister's baby stroller alongside other stuff for her since she's relocating to America. Then I told her that it's like there's no demand for baby strollers in Nigeria. She was like "yeah, I noticed too, but when I went to give birth to Amanda(my niece) in America, they asked me for my stroller. Which stroller? They started talking to me in a way that made me feel dumb. Everybody there uses stroller so I was the odd one out walking with Arnold(my nephew) without stroller ". Maybe it's only rich people that use stroller in this country. Who knows? Well, the stroller must go. It was bought for 50k and will be sold for less. Buzz me on (WhatsApp Call Telegram) and let's get this stroller sold!!

Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 4:22pm On Feb 19, 2019
P.S : Nothing wey God no fit do! I remember when she used to sell recharge cards and drinks. Now she's married to a wonderful man, blessed with 2 kids and Amanda was born in America so she's a citizen. God is awesome.

2 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by Blakjewelry(m): 4:24pm On Feb 19, 2019
there is no place to use except you are living in an estate or at home. the roads are either sandy or the tar ones with enough crazy drivers

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by zone51: 4:25pm On Feb 19, 2019
The natural heat when a baby is backed is very essential
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2019
Blakjewelry:
there is no place to use except you are living in an estate or at home. the roads are either sandy or the tar ones with enough crazy drivers

Yeah more people are moving to estates these days... Less stress.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2019
zone51:

Lol which heat is that one cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by olasaad(f): 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2019
Lol op. you made me to remember Nysc "under the rain or in the sun" you want the baby to suffer abi
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2019
olasaad:
Lol op. you made me to remember Nysc "under the rain or in the sun" you want the baby to suffer abi

oh ok the stroller exposes the baby to heat.
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by presented007(m): 8:33pm On Feb 19, 2019
No road to stroll with your baby stroller abi you want dey carry am for Head??
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 9:24pm On Feb 19, 2019
presented007:
No road to stroll with your baby stroller abi you want dey carry am for Head??

Lol
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 12:00am On Feb 20, 2019
zone51:

They have come again o
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 12:02am On Feb 20, 2019
Bad roads

Okada

Tricycle riders

If you don't leave in a sane area probably an estate, your baby will be less than safe in a stroller.
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 12:37am On Feb 20, 2019
ImaIma1:

They have come again o

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 12:37am On Feb 20, 2019
ImaIma1:
Bad roads

Okada

Tricycle riders

If you don't leave in a sane area probably an estate, your baby will be less than safe in a stroller.

I guess its for bosses then...
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by ardel(f): 4:13am On Feb 20, 2019
Stroller is a luxury in Nigeria but a life saver out of the country.I use mine mostly when I travel cos you must need it, you walk more when shopping, because of the necessity, at the airport it's free to travel with a stroller and car seat.If you use a stroller on a road outside an estate, the stares you will get will be alarming...I guess with time we would embrace it again, strollers where common when I was a child but don't know about now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 8:38am On Feb 20, 2019
SaCChu:

grin grin grin grin

Next thing they will say backing a child helps to develop the brain and exclusive breastfeeding makes them intelligent cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 8:55am On Feb 20, 2019
ImaIma1:

Next thing they will say backing a child helps to develop the brain and exclusive breastfeeding makes them intelligent cheesy

You dey mind them?
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 9:32am On Feb 20, 2019
ImaIma1:

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 9:34am On Feb 20, 2019
ardel:
Stroller is a luxury in Nigeria but a life saver out of the country.I use mine mostly when I travel cos you must need it, you walk more when shopping, because of the necessity, at the airport it's free to travel with a stroller and car seat.If you use a stroller on a road outside an estate, the stares you will get will be alarming...I guess with time we would embrace it again, strollers where common when I was a child but don't know about now.

Very true.
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by oyetpel(m): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
ImaIma1:

Don't feed your child when you have baby , let the child chop formula well well.
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 2:17pm On Feb 20, 2019
oyetpel:

Don't feed your child when you have baby , let the child chop formula well well.

I have had one o. Thanks for the advice.
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by Oluwasaeon(m): 3:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
You want accidents to occur ?
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by carammel(f): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
SaCChu:
So I've been trying to sell my sister's baby stroller alongside other stuff for her since she's relocating to America. Then I told her that it's like there's no demand for baby strollers in Nigeria. She was like "yeah, I noticed too, but when I went to give birth to Amanda(my niece) in America, they asked me for my stroller. Which stroller? They started talking to me in a way that made me feel dumb. Everybody there uses stroller so I was the odd one out walking with Arnold(my nephew) without stroller ". Maybe it's only rich people that use stroller in this country. Who knows? Well, the stroller must go. It was bought for 50k and will be sold for less. Buzz me on 09094620221 (WhatsApp Call Telegram) and let's get this stroller sold!!
All these talk just to advertise a stroller?

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2019
carammel:

All these talk just to advertise a stroller?

Whatever it takes, dear wink
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
Good deals don't last forever though.
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by Ishilove: 10:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
You want heat to finish the poor child? Let's not forget okada and Keke that will leave road to clear the stroller. Nasty pothole ridden roads is another factor, but the major reason is the weather. It's just too hot.

Where you wan stroll go sef?
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2019
Ishilove:
You want heat to finish the poor child? Let's not forget okada and Keke that will leave road to clear the stroller. Nasty pothole ridden roads is another factor, but the major reason is the weather. It's just too hot.

Where you wan stroll go sef?

The person can stroll into the airport on a flight to the US
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by Brazzaville(m): 11:22am On Feb 21, 2019
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by SaCChu: 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hi guys.

If it interests you, I'll be making a video of every item I am about to sell. Kitchen appliances, baby stuff etc. It will be by 7pm tomorrow evening on my whatsapp status. You can add me on whatsapp : 09094620221 to watch. First commenter gets #500 airtime.
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by shevon: 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2019
Where you wan push am go? Which road you wan push am on?
Re: Why Aren't Baby Strollers Popular In Nigeria? by ireneidiva(f): 3:05am On Feb 22, 2019
SaCChu:
P.S : Nothing wey God no fit do! I remember when she used to sell recharge cards and drinks. Now she's married to a wonderful man, blessed with 2 kids and Amanda was born in America so she's a citizen. God is awesome.
What does she do now? Asides being a married woman because marriage is not an achievement?

(1) (Reply)

Question For Husbands. / Help, My Authoritative Father Who Wants To Take Over Every Aspect Of My Life / Please Help, I'm About To Lose My Long Built Reputation Wt My Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.