Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche (31215 Views)

Buhari’s Punishment For Ballot Snatchers Constitutional, Says Keyamo / Mahmood Yakubu Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatchers / We Are Battle Ready For Ballot Box Snatchers, Army Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Ecstasy154(m): 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
Although President Muhammadu Buhari has given the Military and the Police the power to be ruthless as ballot box snatchers because they commit the offence “at risk to their own lives”, Professor Mahmood Yakubu has expressed the belief that ballot box snatchers should be punished only in accordance with the electoral law.

Speaking in Abuja on Monday at a meeting of the national caucus of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the President had said those who influence ballot box snatching may find out it is their "last unlawful action".

"Anybody who decides to snatch ballot boxes or lead thugs to disturb, it may be that [this will be] the last unlawful action you will take," Buhari had said.

"I rarely give the military and the police [the power] to be ruthless. We are not going be blamed but we won’t rig election. I want Nigerians to be respected; let them vote whoever they want across the parties. I'm not afraid of it.

"The whole 36 states in Nigeria, I went round. I think I have got enough support across the country to look after me. So I'm going to warn anybody who thinks he has enough influence in his locality to lead a body of thugs to snatch boxes or to disturb the voting system, he will do it at the expense of his own life."

When these comments were brought to the INEC Chairman on Tuesday as he addressed the media on the preparedness of his commission for the rescheduled polls, Yakubu said: “The position of the commission is that all violators of the Electoral Act should be punished according to the provisions of the Electoral Act."

Yakubu also denied reports that Okechukwu Ibeanu, the National Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in charge of logistics, was invited by the Department of State Services (DSS).

“No commissioner of the commission was picked up by any security agency no house of any commissioner of INEC was raided; no any commissioner of INEC has been picked by the security agency,” he said.

“The particular commissioner you are referring to, whose name was mentioned on social media, is as we speak currently in his office in the commission. Similarly, no six directors were picked up by any security agency. All decisions on the administration of the commission are taken by the commission as an independent, constitutional body. We will continue to protect and jealously guard our independence.”

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/19/breaking-inec-chairman-differs-buhari-punishment-ballot-box-snatchers

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by NLandIsHypocrit: 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2019
Abah Kiyari is hiding behind Jubril to dish out orders that will serve their blood thirsty interests. They don't even know that they do not have the power to determine on electoral penalties just as they do not have the power to conduct elections. Born to rule bastards .

152 Likes 11 Shares

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by freemanbubble: 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2019
But seriously sha
Buhari directives is funny o
Snatch one ballot box and get one bullet in return
That is the new electoral act promo in town.

And the same man single handedly snatch our democracy on gun point in 1983

But wait o oooo

How about the smart card readers that have been programmed to start at exactly 8am on election day. What about its communication with the head quarter after its successful verification and authentication

The ballot papers issued is equal to the number of registered voters at that polling unit or voting point. The number of verified voters must equal to the number of ballot papers used

The card reader will send record of accreditation and authentication to the server once close-v button is pressed.

If you like thumb print three hundred million ballot papers. Or steal ballot box It will not count and that polling unit will be cancelled

Anyway ! what do I know
am just talking as an Apo 2 i was shortlisted for in Benin city

Make i go drink beer dey wait for their training allowance joor
Our next president must be alhaji atiku aguero abubakar

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by mbaboy(m): 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2019
The military dictator packaged Democrat can never change but Saturday result will shock him

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Josnac(m): 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2019
You people don't really get it..What PMB just did was to warn his cohorts recruited to snatch ballot boxes that if you're caught, you're on your own as such person won't be given the opportunity to name their "oga"

I bet they are regretting the postponement, had they envisaged the type of heat on them would be possible, the election would have been carried out last week.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Zeezxo(m): 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2019
But I don't see any big deal about PMB words. In as much you are not a ballot snatchers e no cosine you.

Person wey madman kill him papa wen e sees mechanic e go run

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by rottennaija(m): 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2019
Well, it's better they don't try snatching the box on Saturday. They may not live long to be punished by the provisions of the electoral laws

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by madridguy(m): 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2019
Snatch box and rock to sleep grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by knightsTempler: 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2019
Only a slowpoke will not differ with Buhari's unconstitutionality. Nigeria is not a jungle. INEC Chairman is following the rule of law. There is stipulated punishment for ballot box snatching which is two years imprisonment without option of fine. What Buhari said was tantamount to killing a fly with a sledgehammer. I condemn election rigging or violence in its entirety. Buhari goofed on this. He should apologize to Nigerians for this rascality.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Nbote(m): 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2019
Zeezxo:
But I don't see any big deal about PMB words. In as much you are not a ballot snatchers e no cosine you.

Person wey madman kill him papa wen e sees mechanic e go run

So na every body wey police dey arrest and kill b criminal? Why do most Nigerians not trust d Nigerian Police and avoid dem like plagues?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by DMerciful(m): 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2019
Of course Mahmood is a learned man

15 Likes

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by mekaboy(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2019
Good. Buhari na your own blood you go drink this time.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by knightsTempler: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2019
If you have a business(nigeria) and buhari is your manager.

Everyday the business is dying.

Customers( foreign investors) are leaving.

He is eating your money quietly and secretly but he says he didn't touch 1 naira.

You gave him opportunity to employ staffs but he employed only his brothers.

Will you retain him?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by slivertongue: 5:36pm On Feb 19, 2019
GMB is an anarchist so let's vote him out

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by jlinkd78(m): 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2019
G
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2019
Who will agree with terrorist buhari before?

20 Likes

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by maestroferdi: 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2019
Everybody has rejected Buhari and he knows it...

21 Likes

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by omonaijiria: 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2019
Zombies will not like this

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Racoon(m): 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
Of course, a bigot, clannish, nepotic, terrorist, barbaric humanity, ethnic supremacist and morally corrupt man of Buhari kind have no place in a 21st.century civilization because all he knows and live is threat, violence, bloodshed & killings.

28 Likes

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by punisha: 5:53pm On Feb 19, 2019
...Of cos only miserable and desperate buharists celebrated a democratically elected president inciting violence...a man with no respect for human life, a man with no regards to the constitution(s) he should vehemently uphold.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Youngs247(m): 5:59pm On Feb 19, 2019
I thought they said it's a lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Afospecialk: 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2019

MY FELLOW NIGERIANS LET'S ASK OURSELVES

1) DID NIGERIA EVER IMPROVE OR MOVE FORWARD IN ANY ASPECT UNDER PDP SINCE 1999?
2) DID ANY PDP AGENDA TO MAKE NIGERIA A GREAT NATION EVER WORK FOR US SINCE 1999?
3) IS THERE ANY RECORD OF ANY SUBSTANTIAL ACHIEVEMENT OF Atiku AS VICE-PRESIDENT THAT WE CAN BE PROUD OF ?

VOTING FOR Atiku AND PDP AGAIN IS LIKE COMMITTING POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC SUICIDE

Atiku PLS LEAVE NIGERIA ALONE AND GO BACK TO CAMEROON

8 YEARS OF Atiku IN OFFICE HE SOLD OVER 100 NIGERIA ECONOMIC ASSETS AND LOOTED ALMOST HALF OF THE MONEY THATS WHY OBJ WAS NOT HAPPY WITH HIM

Atiku AND PDP AGENDAS ARE

1)TO SELLOFF OUR MAJOR ECONOMIC RESOURCES
2)PUT NAIRA ON FREE FLOW
3)GRANT AMNESTY TO CRIMINALS
4)ENSLAVE NIGERIANS TO HIS AMERICAN BOSSES
5)ENRICH HIS FRIENDS WITH NIGERIA TREASURY

OPERATION SAY NO TO PDP & CHIEF THIEF Atiku

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Afospecialk: 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2019
In that let us all go out there and snatch as many Ballot Boxes as we want since INEC have declared support for Ballot Snatcher

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Melison(m): 7:11pm On Feb 19, 2019
Like I said earlier you can't support APC and have sense,the two are like a palmnut of two compartments they are close to each other but can't meet

14 Likes

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by hisexcellency34: 7:11pm On Feb 19, 2019
I disagree with him
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by 3millionia: 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2019
smiley
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by engrtee(f): 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2019
if Inec ouch ballot box, dem go shoot am

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Chukwurah003: 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2019
PMB till 2023

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by AllenSpencer: 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2019
[s]
mbaboy:
The military dictator packaged Democrat can never change but Saturday result will shock him
[/s]

5%

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Anagha123: 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2019
BUHARI IS A FAILURE

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Message Adeyanju Deji Sent To CNN About President Buhari & Nigerian Media / How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre / We Regret Getting Rid Of Jonathan To Elect Buhari, Northern Elders Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.