Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche (31213 Views)

Buhari’s Punishment For Ballot Snatchers Constitutional, Says Keyamo / Mahmood Yakubu Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatchers / We Are Battle Ready For Ballot Box Snatchers, Army Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2019
knightsTempler:
Only a slowpoke will not differ with Buhari's unconstitutionality. Nigeria is not a jungle. INEC Chairman is following the rule of law. There is stipulated punishment for ballot box snatching which is two years imprisonment without option of fine. What Buhari said was tantamount to killing a fly with a sledgehammer. I condemn election rigging or violence in its entirety. Buhari goofed on this. He should apologize to Nigerians for this rascality.

Why wasting our scarce useful time online. Why not think deeply before posting online? Since 1999 till date how many ballot box snatchers have been convicted and jailed? Convicting ballot box snatchers is indirectly convicting their sponsors. For how long will the case last? With our judiciary, till date, no ballot box snatcher has served two years without option of fine as quoted by you. None has been convicted in line with constitution despite several cases of ballot box snatching in previous elections.

Buhari is very right
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by chozzy: 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2019
NLandIsHypocrit:
Abah Kiyari is hiding behind Jubril to dish out orders that will serve their blood thirsty interests. They don't even know that they do not have the power to determine on electoral penalties just as they do not have the power to conduct elections. Born to rule bastards .

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Innov8ve1: 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2019
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Afritop(m): 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2019
The useless electoral law that will motivate ballot box snatcher should be ammended to that of buhari method
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Sermwell(m): 8:47pm On Feb 19, 2019
Zeezxo:
But I don't see any big deal about PMB words. In as much you are not a ballot snatchers e no cosine you.

Person wey madman kill him papa wen e sees mechanic e go run
do you know that with this buhari's comment alot of trigger happy security officials will have a field day shooting innocent people and tagging them ballot box snatchers??

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Sermwell(m): 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
babaolofin:

Why wasting our scarce useful time online. Why not think deeply before posting online? Since 1999 till date how many ballot box snatchers have been convicted and jailed? Convicting ballot box snatchers is indirectly convicting their sponsors. For how long will the case last? With our judiciary, till date, no ballot box snatcher has served two years without option of fine as quoted by you. None has been convicted in line with constitution despite several cases of ballot box snatching in previous elections.

Buhari is very right
buhari just provided a new excuse for trigger happy security officials on election day. anybody can be killed for any reason and tagged a ballot box snatcher. just pray that someone very dear to you is not a victim of this useless comment by your out going president

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by bigtt76(f): 9:05pm On Feb 19, 2019
I don't know why people keep glorifying Buhari as a coup plotter.... He was not the spearhead of the 1983 coup. Babangida and his boys did and only brought in Buhari out of respect. Buhari wasn't even in Lagos when the coup was delivered.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Valto(m): 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2019
Zeezxo:
But I don't see any big deal about PMB words. In as much you are not a ballot snatchers e no cosine you.

stray bullet is a big concern bro. some Nigerian police are unprofessional.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 19, 2019
freemanbubble:
But seriously sha
Buhari directives is funny o
Snatch one ballot box and get one bullet in return
That is the new electoral act promo in town.

And the same man single handedly snatch our democracy on gun point in 1983

But wait o oooo

How about the smart card readers that have been programmed to start at exactly 8am on election day. What about its communication with the head quarter after its successful verification and authentication

The ballot papers issued is equal to the number of registered voters at that polling unit or voting point. The number of verified voters must equal to the number of ballot papers used

The card reader will send record of accreditation and authentication to the server once close-v button is pressed.

If you like thumb print three hundred million ballot papers. Or steal ballot box It will not count and that polling unit will be cancelled

Anyway ! what do I know
am just talking as an Apo 2 i was shortlisted for in Benin city

Make i go drink beer dey wait for their training allowance joor
Our next president must be alhaji atiku aguero abubakar

u are a fool , a disgraced CORPER, besides 1983 was military regime, it wasnt democracy before buhari took over
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by freemanbubble: 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2019
weavesquad:

u are a fool , a disgraced CORPER, besides 1983 was military regime, it wasnt democracy before buhari took over

It doesn't change the fact that buhari Will be kicked out

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by marwanafrica: 9:27pm On Feb 19, 2019
Zeezxo:

my concern is that what if he use that ruthless order on people who stole from public offices,

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by liver123(m): 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2019
Kill them the ballot paper snatchers. Anybody who have the mind to snatch ballot paper is a thief and such did not deserve to live.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by oyetpel(m): 10:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
Josnac:
You people don't really get it..What PMB just did was to warn his cohorts recruited to snatch ballot boxes that if you're caught, you're on your own as such person won't be given the opportunity to name their "oga"

I bet they are regretting the postponement, had they envisaged the type of heat on them would be possible, the election would have been carried out last week.

Its a bad directive.

If any purposely or mistakenly killed by men in uniform will be tagged a ballot snatcher.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Mftivi: 10:03pm On Feb 19, 2019
babaolofin:

Buhari is very right
you belong to the stone age and the age when humans were savages.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by oyetpel(m): 10:05pm On Feb 19, 2019
Zeezxo:

Its a bad directive.
If any purposely or mistakenly killed by men in uniform will be
tagged a ballot snatcher.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Josnac(m): 10:15pm On Feb 19, 2019
oyetpel:

Its a bad directive.

If any purposely or mistakenly killed by men in uniform will be tagged a ballot snatcher.

When has the man ever given a good directive?!
A president who is so out of tune with reality, he doesn't know what goes on around him.

Its a pity that after the insults he has given Nigerians, mostly when he's out of the country that we'll still have people who come online to defend him.

The bulk of the suffering from this administration is on the youths...along with most of his insults.

We're just in a mess I swear!

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by yemex04(m): 10:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
What is all the noise about the president stand on ballot boxes snatching all about For God's sake why would anybody even try to snatch ballot boxes in the first place?? I think I am wth the President on this..People should desist from snatching the ballot boxes or manipulating any of the process...I think the President is simply saying ballot boxes snatchers will be resisted while they are at it!! if they are properly arrested the law according to electoral act will take it's course...but it's well known that ballot box snatchers are usually harmed wth dangerous weapons to parpetrate their acts...The security agencies would resist them while they are at it..even if it means gunning them down...why should anyone be afraid if you aren't having it in mind to snatch ballot boxes..
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by oyetpel(m): 11:05pm On Feb 19, 2019
yemex04:
What is all the noise about the president stand on ballot boxes snatching all about For God's sake why would anybody even try to snatch ballot boxes in the first place?? I think I am wth the President on this..People should desist from snatching the ballot boxes or manipulating any of the process...I think the President is simply saying ballot boxes snatchers will be resisted while they are at it!! if they are properly arrested the law according to electoral act will take it's course...but it's well known that ballot box snatchers are usually harmed wth dangerous weapons to parpetrate their acts...The security agencies would resist them while they are at it..even if it means gunning them down...why should anyone be afraid if you aren't having it in mind to snatch ballot boxes..

If anyone is purposely or mistakenly killed by men in uniform
will be tagged a ballot snatcher.

Buhari's word is an excuse our men in uniform will give for there extra judicial killings on election day.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by ofwest47(m): 11:19pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ballot box snatchers deserve to be given immediate death sentence as they are country destroyers.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Coolgent(m): 12:07am On Feb 20, 2019
Any Southener that vote for GMB should know that he/she just buy a bullet for him/herself
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by socialmediaman: 1:55am On Feb 20, 2019
Zeezxo:

Really? You trust that police and military will do the right thing? Isn’t it the same police and military who extort money from road users in the name of checkpoints? You don’t see anything wrong with an order that gives these security people right to collect money from politicians and shoot anyone in their way if they try to aid rigging?

Say NO to violence and military style rule
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by bellotaofeek: 5:26am On Feb 20, 2019
He is a tyrant....
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Nobody: 5:58am On Feb 20, 2019
freemanbubble:
But seriously sha
Buhari directives is funny o
Snatch one ballot box and get one bullet in return
That is the new electoral act promo in town.

And the same man single handedly snatch our democracy on gun point in 1983

But wait o oooo

How about the smart card readers that have been programmed to start at exactly 8am on election day. What about its communication with the head quarter after its successful verification and authentication

The ballot papers issued is equal to the number of registered voters at that polling unit or voting point. The number of verified voters must equal to the number of ballot papers used

The card reader will send record of accreditation and authentication to the server once close-v button is pressed.

If you like thumb print three hundred million ballot papers. Or steal ballot box It will not count and that polling unit will be cancelled

Anyway ! what do I know
am just talking as an Apo 2 i was shortlisted for in Benin city

Make i go drink beer dey wait for their training allowance joor
Our next president must be alhaji atiku aguero abubakar
Just first snatch ballot box and see. No time to read all this long English.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by phonemakemoney: 7:48am On Feb 20, 2019
Zeezxo:

I think what PDP is afraid of is that if APC snatches ballot security may do nothing, while if PDP snatches ballot they will be ruthlessly dealt with. And trigger happy security personnel can use that to shoot and kill recklessly for any reason or no reason and label the victims ballot box snatchers.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:04am On Feb 20, 2019
NO DOUBT BUHARI IS A COW, EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM IS HEARTLESS , NO WONDER HE CHERISHED COWS THAN HIS CITIZENS
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by kingsmaila(m): 10:06am On Feb 20, 2019
In Nigeria, Government does not give capital punishment for looting, bribery, corruption, ballot box snatching and other social vices that is why it is perpetual. I support the president 100% to end ballot box snatching during election.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by NLandIsHypocrit: 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
Banter1:
Born to rule? its not our faults now, the british designed it that way. so deal with it

Our matter go pain una die
The next shocker on line will pain you die, no need intimating you.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by NLandIsHypocrit: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2019
Nellybii:

And Atiku is not part of the born to rule order right??
Your brain needs to be refurbished.
I haven't said so, but claim can't be discontained either.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by NLandIsHypocrit: 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
Sannisege:
I dare you to snatch ballot boxes on Saturday and let’s see if your mother won’t cry over your grave
Don't you know your mates when you see one?
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Banter1(m): 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2019
NLandIsHypocrit:
bad belles, ego shock you and Atiku
Re: BREAKING: INEC Chairman Differs With Buhari On Punishment For Ballot Box Snatche by Banter1(m): 6:13pm On Feb 25, 2019
NLandIsHypocrit:
how market?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Inspects 1.2km Flyover Bridge Project In Ekiti / Fayose Can't Escape Punishment For All His Sins - Sagay / Hope Uzodinma Pays N8M To Fulani Herdsmen Who Lost Their Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.