Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC (42314 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets Ramaphosa, Advisory Council Over South African Economy / Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy / Grazing: Miyetti Allah Expresses Shock Over South-East Governors' Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Say that You are dying in Poverty. South Africa doesn't have market for any of our Company you understand, but we have the Market for south Africa company.

Keep deceiving yourself while you eat imported rice, pay %45 import duty, export your own crude oil only to pay higher cost for the foreign refined products. Simply say their Local Market feeds them, while You suffer with all your abundance, instead of you to be humble, you want to claim giant of Africa while still battling the Poverty Headquarters cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Fourwinds: 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2019
danot1030:
I expect the atikulooters and the children of hates to call this APC sponsored news

please do your mathematics well ...which bigger. 1.121trillion and 1.13trillion...this is election propaganda... Nonsense... I was looking for date on the TV screen to confirm it is this year and I didn't see it

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by mfm04622: 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2019
myboy2111:

But we have double the GDP since then. During Rebasing in 2014 it was $550b but it is now over $1 trillion going by this report. That is monumental progress

The report is fake! Yes, Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa, no doubt. South Africa's economy is bigger than Egypt and Nigeria's economy not up to that amount yet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Fourwinds: 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2019
michoim:
God bless PMB!!!Vote APC FOREVER

please do your mathematics well ...which bigger. 1.121trillion and 1.13trillion...this is election propaganda... Nonsense... I was looking for date on the TV screen to confirm it is this year and I didn't see it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by PresidentAtiku(m): 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Stop exposing your illiteracy
Na only Buhari supporters be illiterates no o...

How can an educated person support a supreme dullard?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Mariory(m): 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2019
servercodes001:

Illiterate list,

The entire economy of Africa is not more than 2trillion
The image you posted shows the gdp by purchasing power parity (ppp)

Please educate yourself
Below are some screenshot you may need

Actually GDP (PPP) is a better measure of an economy because it takes into account local variations within that economy.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by shachris05: 12:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
myboy2111:

You can download the PWC report here
https://www.pwc.com/ng/en/publications/nigeria-economic-outlook.html

olodo those are nominal GDPs and that data is very suspect.

I bet you know more than Nigerian Bureau of Statistics .

https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/infographs/GDP%20Q4%202018.zip

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by islandmoon: 12:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
seguno2:

BBC does not have it on their website.
The moderator should have banned the poster instead of putting it on the front page.

lalasticlala , Seun take this fake news down before I copy BBC, this is assassination of BBC character

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by AbujaBlue: 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2019
If the OP has credited this to the BBC, then the OP must provide a direct link to the BBC article. That screenshot could be years old or manipulated.

That this is on the front page as the election nears sets a very dangerous precedent. Nairaland cannot allow for this kind of fake news to be glorified on their front page.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by mycar: 12:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
myboy2111:

You can download the PWC report here
https://www.pwc.com/ng/en/publications/nigeria-economic-outlook.html
Your quote is only a projection and not the actual

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by openmine(m): 12:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
Chukwurah003:

You’re not an intelligent person
At times i marvel at the benightedness of some folks on nairaland.....
I asked a simple question....if you can't give me a reasonable answer,then your acclaimed intelligence is zero!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Fourwinds: 12:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
Chukwurah003:

Keep looking. Your evil thoughts towards Nigeria is already making you blind. The fire of the Holy Ghost will consume all you holding Nigeria back from greatness.
you are big imbe..cile... U think I can just fall For any news that is not authentic? Let the OP give us a link to search and verify further... I won't act like u who fall for anything... Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Victorvibes(m): 12:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
Can't find dat news on their website.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Olawalesmarter(m): 12:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
eddiebruk:

Keep deceiving yourself while you eat imported rice, pay %45 import duty, export your own crude oil only to pay higher cost for the foreign refined products. Simply say their Local Market feeds them, while You suffer with all your abundance, instead of you to be humble, you want to claim giant of Africa while still battling the Poverty Headquarters cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dangote Refinery will start working before Next year, Your whole family can be very poor and you can be surfering that's none of my business, I got my own House, my own Car and my own pure water factory here in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by LZAA: 12:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Apcheat propaganda
Cc immhotep velocity25

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by martowskin1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
eddiebruk:
Also report that Nigeria is times 4 the population size of SA, so stop busting your bubbles of biggest economy my foot. Imagine if SA has half of the Nigerian Population, Nigeria will look like a province to them. They have major investments in Nigeria, what business can Nigeria boast of in SA...? Nigerians are always quick to compare to console ourselves yet we are dying in poverty

There is hope for Nigeria if someone like this still lives in this zoo...

Or let me ask, are currently out of the zoo? because sensible ones like u are leaving

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Olawalesmarter(m): 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
eddiebruk:

Dangote Refinery will start working before Next year, Your whole family can be very poor and you can be surfering that's none of my business, I got my own House, my own Car and my own pure water factory here in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
its simple
Nigeria was on their own jeje at 2 probably, SA dropped and Nigeria became no 1.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Bigsolo10: 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
BBC center of talking rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Koolking(m): 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2019
uc2004:
oga it's a fake news. i have checked all nigerian newspapers and it was not there

Hey babe,

It's not fake. I don't reference Nigerian media for fact. Nigeria media are money driven as opposed to ethical reporting.

I believe, education, Internet on our devices (phones and Laptops) can empower us to seek factual answers. Go on google and see what you can find...google the biggest economy in Africa

https://answersafrica.com/largest-economies-africa.html

https://www.iol.co.za/business-report/economy/these-are-the-biggest-economies-in-africa-imf-15929339
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 20, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

You are Banking on one man to revive a whole Economy? Are you also aware that the same man has reported that he’s also selling at OPEC’s Price? You can brag all you want, nobody is arguing who owns what on a faceless forum.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by servercodes001: 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2019
Mariory:

Actually GDP (PPP) is a better measure of an economy because it takes into account local variations within that economy.

NO! I'm very sure you don't know what gdp means
A hostile illiterate
Take your time and study what ppp means instead of confusing others
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2019
martowskin1:

There is hope for Nigeria if someone like this still lives in this zoo...

Or let me ask, are currently out of the zoo? because sensible ones like u are leaving

Nigeria has FAILED me and I no longer have any relationship with that Country until there’s a positive improvement.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by ugofulfilled(m): 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2019
Did you understand my message before quoting me wrongly?

uc2004:
Please stop spreading false information for goodness sake

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 20, 2019
fake as F*UCK!

...even the STATUS QUO says OTHERWISE!

the shithole is currently in a mess and requires an

urgent RESCUE MISSION from capable hands!

#STOP DISTORTING OBVIOUS FACTS!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by sageer1706(m): 12:47pm On Feb 20, 2019
Bad news for waillers... PMB always breaking hearts of the enemies of this nations
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Olawalesmarter(m): 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
eddiebruk:

You are Banking on one man to revive a whole Economy? Are you also aware that the same man has reported that he’s also selling at OPEC’s Price? You can brag all you want, nobody is arguing who owns what on a faceless forum.

I am not bragging and you are the one assuming everyone got nothing like you, surfering like you and is in poverty like you, Dangote refinery will produce all the Refine Products Nigeria needs and they will also Export Surpluses to other country. You are the one Complaining about How Nigeria is exporting their crude oil bla bla bla, Dangote Refinery is going to be one of the Biggest Refinery in the World and there is no doubt it will boost Nigeria Economy when it start working
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by AnanseK(m): 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2019

“Atiku must be dumped out like a used sanitary pad!!! Our economy is growing we don’t want any thief who has already allocated Nigeria’s assets to his fellow thieves without even winning an election he can’t win. “
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by jconsulting(f): 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
Nigerians are very stupid , somebody will edit and do photoshop and put BBC and some dunce will believe it ,when you can verify on the internet, this is fake news from the pit of hell.

regards

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
MrAJQ:
This will break heart of the children of hate, the people that hate good news, they hate the little the poor are getting from the government.
They hate Tradermoni
They hate school feeding program
They hate Npower
They hate farmers anchor borrowers
They hate success achieved against Boko Haram
They hate success achieved in rice
They hate success achieved against corruption
They hate fight against ballot box snatchers
They hate to hear farmers-herdsmen truce
They hate one Nigeria

We the good people of Nigeria will show them hate on Saturday.

See how stupidity is blindfolding this one.
Nigeria's economy has been bigger than any other African country even before APC government came in.
No african country has a gdp of upto 600 billion dollars, not to talk of trillion.

Keep fooling yourself with fake news from APC.
Whoever brought this lies to fp is even worse than you are.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by holuwamosey(m): 12:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
LuciferReverend:
Buhari's impending defeat & subsequent retirement has boosted Nigeria's economy.

Investors are ready to come in now.
This is good.
u forgot the aim of d investors is too make profit.look @ mtn for example we all knw dey are looting us but can dey misbehave knw?
u will av more investors because the will always av their way in making excess profit from a country lyk nigeria if we av does criminal in power.PDP my foot.to remind u past CBN Governors taught economy crisis will bury nigeria wen buhari came to power BT knw dey are astonished.if PDP loves nigeria let it campaign with wat it archived in d past 16yrs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tam David-West Dies At 83 / Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country / Ize-lyamu, Oshiomole In Igueben-Uromi For APC Campaign [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.