Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore (13699 Views)

Breaking News: INEC Invalidated President Buhari's Ballot Paper / Reactions As Tinubu Defends Buhari’s Ballot Box Snatching Warning / "Jungle Justice": Buhari's Ballot Box Snatching Warning Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Pekele007: 8:25pm On Feb 21, 2019
Dadaboddo:
Drastic lawlessness calls for drastic actions.

Ballot Snatchers don't appear with gala n lacasera, since they are threating the laws they should be cleared immediately.

Everyone must receive sense in 2019

I pray you become a victim.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by BrutusOj(m): 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
azimibraun:
Scare voters including the APC voters?
See this one, it is easier for them to rig the election when fewer electorates go to cast their votes.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by idid: 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2019
Buharideens will soon be calling for Sowore's head.

Only God understands why any right thinking person will want to vote for a old, tired and haggard army general that has nothing to offer.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2019
Guestlander:
Very true because every voter goes there with the aim of coming back home with at least a box full of ballots.
What's this one saying? undecided
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by sureheaven(m): 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2019
February 16th is fake because it represents '16' wasted years of the PDP. That's why they would have won through rigging...

FeBuhari '23rd' is original in fact, it represents the year Buhari would finish his second term 2023 by the grace of God the Omnipotent!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by fredoooooo: 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2019
Sowore If you snatch Ballot box you die ... Snatch box and die , Gbe ko ku grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Wahala90: 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2019

1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by truentalk: 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2019
I want to suggest that no vehicle should be parking near the venue of election. At least 300 meter away from the venue.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by enemyofprogress: 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2019
SOME MARRIED WOMEN WERE OVERHEARD SAYING HOW THEY WISHED HUSBAND SNATCHERS SHOULD ALSO BE SHOT AT SIGHT!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2019
.Biblical days economy vs today’s economy

I tell you Biblical days economy was better.

Ok, let’s check and compare inflation rates.

In Genesis, the brothers of Joseph sold him for 20 pieces of silver, I lie?

Now, several thousand years down the line, how much did Judas sell JESUS? A whole God was sold for 30 pieces of silver. Inflation over a thousand years is just 50%.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by acekhalifa(m): 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2019
just two days left and we'll be spared of all these.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by zeenaman: 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2019
This is the first time Sowore is not making sense to me

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by tfelicityk(m): 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2019
It seems this guy's is on drugs... I don't understand him anymore... Why will mentally and physically fit person will go and snatch ballot box?
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2019
naijaschoolguru:
Sowere, you won snatch ballots box? Why standing as an advocate of wrong things?
I agree with Sowore. Such statement from PMB shows that he is still a dictator a leopard that hasn't change it's skin. Statement like this scare electorate from voting because of the fear of straight bullets. You haven't thought of innocent persons been accused of snatching ballot boxes? The thought that APC agent snatching boxes without been shot which will be unfair should PDP agent be shot?.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Wahala90: 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2019
aaa

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by idid: 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2019
tfelicityk:
It seems this guy's is on drugs... I don't understand him anymore... Why will mentally and physically fit person will go and snatch ballot box?

But you understand Buhari abi? Maybe you need to check yourself.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by amazon14: 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2019
jerryunit48:
True , trust Naija police/Army they might kill innocent citizens and tag them ballot snatchers

Exactly my sentiment. This is what's going to happen, but God pass them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Afritop(m): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2019
Since it is meant to scare only those who want to vote for Atiku. It is ok by me
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
It's expected that other political candidates take this President Buhari's statement out of context just to score cheap political point and perhaps gain some sentimental votes from the uninformed.

The statement is very clear, do not snatch ballot boxes. No sane Nigerian will snatch ballot boxes.

And if you're not a sane Nigerian to vote and go home, then that means you're insane to snatch the ballot box and insane people should be treated insanely.

You are a slowpoke. What if your own person is killed by trigger happy security agent in a polling unit . Use your head don't always talk like Buhari.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by samcus(m): 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2019
Pmb order to kill ballot snatcher ...Pdp said they reject it....Egbekegbe na bad society
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by acekhalifa(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
no sane, good-willed voter will be scared except you have other agendas than jejely following due process and casting your vote.
just two days left and we'll be spared of all these rubbish.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by naijaschoolguru(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

I agree with Sowore. Such statement from PMB shows that he is still a dictator a leopard that hasn't change it's skin. Statement like this scare electorate from voting because of the fear of straight bullets. You haven't thought of innocent persons been accused of snatching ballot boxes? The thought that APC agent snatching boxes without been shot which will be unfair should PDP agent be shot?.
You make a salient points though.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by ashiola(m): 8:44pm On Feb 21, 2019
Success100:
The presidential candidate of the African Action Congress, Omoyele Sowore, says President Muhammadu Buhari’s threat to ballot box snatchers is aimed at scaring away voters on election day.

Sowore said if Buhari was sincere about stopping electoral malpractice, he would have focused on the sponsors of ballot box snatchers and not the actors only.

The AAC candidate said this during an interview with our correspondent on Wednesday.

The activist said Buhari had shown that he was still a dictator as he made no mention of arresting and prosecuting ballot box snatchers but went ahead to suggest killing.

He said if the President was really serious about stopping electoral malpractice, he would have stopped his part from engaging in vote-buying.

Sowore said, “General Buhari is clearly still a military dictator at heart. Ballot box snatching is a terrible offence, but how could anyone ask for an offender to be killed without recourse to the law? Are there no courts? Shouldn’t an offender be charged to court first?

“It is ironic that the same person who is quick to ask for ballot box snatchers to be killed, has no problems with heading a party that engages in massive vote-buying and rigging as we saw in Ekiti and Osun.

“While Buhari called for the ballot box snatchers to be killed, what about the people who sent them to snatch the ballot boxes? What about the politicians who paid them to cause chaos at the polls? By raising the spectre of violence at polling centres and encouraging law enforcement agencies to shoot during elections, the President is essentially scaring people away from the polls.

“He knows that ballot rigging has been a sad but persistent feature of Nigerian elections. This threat is not really directed at ballot box snatchers, but a deliberate attempt to scare people away from the polls. I call on all Nigerians not to be deterred or scared away from the polls.”

The Sahara Reporters publisher, who also lambasted the Independent National Electoral Commission for postponing the polls, said he already knew INEC would delay the elections and he had prepared adequately.

He said the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party were the biggest beneficiaries of the postponement because they were the richest parties in the country.

When asked if he had the N800m needed to deploy polling agents in all the polling units and voting points across the country, Sowore said he did not need such a an amount because people were willing to volunteer.

Sowore added, “We are a true grassroots organisation. The ‘TakeitBack’ movement and the African Action Congress are present in every geopolitical zone and in every state. We will have agents in every state and in most of the polling units in the nation.

“We introduced digital methods into the agent recruitment exercise. In addition to the physical compilation of the names of those interested in being party agents, we developed online methods and an app that allowed us to mobilise agents as well.

“Unlike the APC and the PDP that will pay about N5,000 to N10,000 per agent and spend between N600m and N1.2bn on them across all the polling units in the country, we are a volunteer driven organisation.”

The former student union leader, who fought for the mandate of the acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 election, MKO Abiola, said he was not deterred by the decision of some of MKO’s children to endorse Buhari following the President’s decision to declare June 12 as Democracy Day.

He said Buhari did so for political reasons but admitted that it was a good decision.

Sowore said, “The June 12 struggle was not about Abiola or his family. It was about moving Nigeria forward. My engagement in that struggle was to ensure that we had a country where democratic tenets reigned supreme, where military dictatorship was eliminated and where the Nigerian people could freely choose their own leaders.

“In all of the 30 years that I have been involved in the Nigerian political system, I have not supported persons, but instead I have fought for principles. When Obasanjo wanted to extend his tenure, I fought against that.”

When asked if he would accept the result of the election if he loses, Sowore said he would only do so if the exercise is free and fair.

On what would be the focus of his administration if elected, Sowore said he would focus on security, restructuring, infrastructure and the enthronement of democratic norms.

He said he would form a shadow cabinet once he is declared winner and this would allow for an easy transition.

Sowore said, “I have developed a 10-point agenda built on three pillars of security, self sufficiency and sustainability. The 10-point agenda addresses problems in the areas of security, power, infrastructure, corruption, economy and jobs, restructuring, health care, education, agriculture and tourism and the first letter of each program spells out SPICER HEAT.

https://punchng.com/buharis-ballot-box-threat-aimed-at-scaring-voters-sowore/

Was this man saying, his beginning to fall my hand oooo..... Did Buhari categorically instruct the shot on sight order? Cos me I don't understand why everyone is quoting him out of context.. His statement should stand as a deterrent to anyone who pans on snatching the ballot box, if everybody respect themselves I don't believe there will be any ruthless treatment on anyone

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Eruditor: 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2019
Politics has made Sowore dumb. Chai. As if PMBs instructions don't affect his own party men.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by MoreTech(m): 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2019
My selling point for PMB is that Abuja airport terminal has been completed.

My selling for PMB is that Portharcourt International airport terminal has been completed.

My selling point for PMB is that Biafra Police have collected their pensions after 30 years deadlock.

My selling point for PMB is that fund has been released to complete the 2nd Niger bridge.

My selling point for PMB is that 12 super turcano fighter jets would be delivered to Nigerian Air Force by 2020 to combat further acts of terrorism.

My selling point for PMB is that Ilorin jebba road has been completed.

My selling point for PMB is that Lagos/ Ibadan expressway has reached 60% completion.

My selling point for PMB is that fund has been released to revive Ajaokuta Steel.

My selling point for PMB is that Nigerian Police now witness increment in their salaries.

My selling point for PMB is that JAMB now remitts 5 billions naira annually, while PDP remitted less than that figure in the whole 16 years.

My selling point for PMB is that, he reduced JAMB fees to N3,500 and NECO to N4,000 respectively.

My selling point for PMB is that Abuja to Kaduna railway has been commissioned.

My selling point for PMB is that Lagos to Abeokuta railway has been completed.

My selling point for PMB is that Mabila power plant is now visible.

My selling point for PMB is that electricity production has improved by 65%, the Mega Watt rises from 3000Mw to 7500Mw. The distribution companies' (sold by PDP to paddy-paddy) ability to do their business, is another matter.

My selling point for PMB is that Lagos to Kano railway is under construction.

My selling point for PMB is that Kaduna to Abuja expressway has been rehabilitated.
And lots more...

I will vote for President Muhamadu Buhari, I will broadcast his strengths. I will defend him when assailed by bitter bigots.

He has fought Boko Haram with zeal.
He has kept a lid on the CBN vault.
He has boosted Agriculture.
He is transforming the rails.
He is keen to help the poorest.
He is not morally dissipated.
He is bold enough to focus on uncompleted projects rather than play to the gallery by starting news ones...

So I will retain my hopes.

I know humans can be fickle, so if his sins become disqualifying, I will speak out, but until then, I stand.

I will not make mountains out of mole hills. And I will not join the brigade of the nihilistic.

I don't need any lessons in critical analysis from those who think he is brain dead, who also declared him dead, two years ago and invented Jubril of Sudan.

I think I know enough of health and law to make the right call. I don't need charlatans and rabble rousers inviting me to their ungodly tutorials.

I am smart enough to know that the choice we have is not between black and white.

I have the mental rigor for subtle discriminations. So I don't need hewers of wood teaching me how to use needles and scapels.

I will criticize the President when it becomes necessary. I will not be goaded by the blind, to trash around in the darkness foisted on them by grief and bigotry.

Let those who think Atiku is not a Kleptocrat hold onto their beliefs. I consider Buhari, with all his imperfections, a better Presidential material than Atiku.

VOTE PRESIDENT MUHAMADU BUHARI FOR A BETTER NIGERIA!

*Copied*

If you are a true Buharist share until it get to the end of the world.....
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Fr33born(m): 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2019
Nawa o
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Eruditor: 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2019
ashiola:

Was this man saying, his beginning to fall my hand oooo..... Did Buhari categorically instruct the shot on sight order? Cos me I don't understand why everyone is quoting him out of context.. His statement should stand as a deterrent to anyone who pans on snatching the ballot box, if everybody respect themselves I don't believe there will be any ruthless treatment on anyone

Trust me, Sowore has proven he is no better than the politician he hounds. I thought he would be different but he pandered to lies and even deliberate misinformation to score cheap political points. It is a shame.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2019
Am i the only one that have never hear or see the VP of this guy say anything or show up in anything ?
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Boyooosa(m): 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2019
Voters or ballot box snatchers? Pls clarify

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by naijaschoolguru(m): 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2019
idid:
Buharideens will soon be calling for Sowore's head.

Only God understands why any right thinking person will want to vote for a old, tired and haggard army general that has nothing to offer.
Am non-partisan, but if you have the intention on voting a young and vibrant candidate, I don't have any problem with you sir, But if atiku is your favorable candidate, and you are talking about "Old and Tired" bros you have to rethink.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Approves N19 Billion For Road Projects In FCT, Kano, Oyo And Osun / 'Extend Voter Registration Deadline By An Extra 60 Days' - House of Reps to INEC / John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.