Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore (13697 Views)

Breaking News: INEC Invalidated President Buhari's Ballot Paper / Reactions As Tinubu Defends Buhari’s Ballot Box Snatching Warning / "Jungle Justice": Buhari's Ballot Box Snatching Warning Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by SEONaijaExpert: 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2019
Giovanni2332:

You are a slowpoke. What if your own person is killed by trigger happy security agent in a polling unit . Use your head don't always talk like Buhari.
You're one of the uneducated fools parading Nairaland

My own persons are intelligent people, they're law abiding people.

They will come out, vote and go home peacefully.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by idid: 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2019
ashiola:

Was this man saying, his beginning to fall my hand oooo..... Did Buhari categorically instruct the shot on sight order? Cos me I don't understand why everyone is quoting him out of context.. His statement should stand as a deterrent to anyone who pans on snatching the ballot box, if everybody respect themselves I don't believe there will be any ruthless treatment on anyone

It's because you are so biased.

He is saying that Buhari ought to be careful because such statement can be taken out of context and can cause more trouble than Buhari himself maybe prepared for.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by ebenholer(m): 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2019
Before you vote, just remember that Buhari told Nigerians that killer herdsmen are not from Nigeria, that they are from other West African Countries, but Buhari wants Nigerians to surrender/donate their ancestral land to the immigrant Fulani Jihadist herdsmen for peace to reign in Nigeria.

No single Fulani herdsmen has been prosecuted for all the killings they carried out and still carrying out,
Buhari has refused to arrest Miyetti Allah instead Buhari's Defense Minister is supporting the killer herdsmen
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by bugggg: 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2019
The truth is this guy deserves to preside over this country but another truth is the votes of illiterates usually determine any election in this country and that's 70% of the North. They know nothing and just like dat fulani boy leads his cows with his staff in my area thats how the north is being lead. If you're truly sound and knows what's up, not after what you're gaining then you know better. Banged up country ...

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2019
NIGERIA OPEN YOUR EYES

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by DMerciful(m): 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2019
A president that is always misquoted has communication problem and not fit to be president! He should go with his dementia before he infects you all
SEONaijaExpert:
It's expected that other political candidates take this President Buhari's statement out of context just to score cheap political point and perhaps gain some sentimental votes from the uninformed.

The statement is very clear, do not snatch ballot boxes. No sane Nigerian will snatch ballot boxes.

And if you're not a sane Nigerian to vote and go home, then that means you're insane to snatch the ballot box and insane people should be treated insanely.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by idid: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2019
naijaschoolguru:

Am non-partisan, but if you have the intention on voting a young and vibrant candidate, I don't have any problem with you sir, But if atiku is your favorable candidate, and you are talking about "Old and Tired" bros you have to rethink.

Atiku and Buhari are the old and tired brigade I am talking about and will never vote them.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Stakeholders(m): 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2019
My thought before is that Sowore is the best among the aspirant but with this post if he actually say it he really fall my hand. Because people particularly press misinterpreted Mr president, because Mr president said "don't snatched ballot box because if you did it at your own life". The statement means two things is either with jungle justice which is most or likely correct or any consequence or affliction you get from it either been prosecuted or wound due to the process it at your own risk but to me I don't see something wrong other than the fact that the statement contradict electoral act about ballot box snatcher but I support Buhari because ever since have been participating in election have not heard or see any ballot box snatcher that was brought to justice according to the so called law. Who is fooling who?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by SEONaijaExpert: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
DMerciful:
A president that is always misquoted has communication problem and not fit to be president! He should go with his dementia before he infects you all
I hope your eyes will be open to see this next level

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by naijaschoolguru(m): 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2019
idid:

Atiku and Buhari are the old and tired brigade I am talking about and will never vote them.
OK sir.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Adex73(m): 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2019
To scare voters or ballot snatchers?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by michoim(m): 9:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
Weed is making this one mad...
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by UnchangeableGod: 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2019
jerryunit48:
True , trust Naija police/Army they might kill innocent citizens and tag them ballot snatchers
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Guestlander: 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

What's this one saying? undecided

Ko le ye e.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Larryndelaw: 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2019
Why are the voters scared? Are they going to snatch BALLOT BOX?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Lightangel65: 10:01pm On Feb 21, 2019
truentalk:
I support Buhari

When herdsmen raid your village and kill your family,
When you become unemployed.
Know you brought this up on yourself
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by neutrotoba(m): 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
rafak:
Sowore you are a disgrace.Are voters ballot snatchers?

You are unwise
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by neutrotoba(m): 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
rafak:

You are unwise, can't you read between the lines?
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2019
Guestlander:

Ko le ye e.
Qué te pasa? undecided
Usted acaba Yoruba en foro público para impulsar un punto sin pensar si los demás lo entienden
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by ibietela2(m): 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
It's expected that other political candidates take this President Buhari's statement out of context just to score cheap political point and perhaps gain some sentimental votes from the uninformed.

The statement is very clear, do not snatch ballot boxes. No sane Nigerian will snatch ballot boxes.

And if you're not a sane Nigerian to vote and go home, then that means you're insane to snatch the ballot box and insane people should be treated insanely.

Rubbish as usual
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by yongg: 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2019
It aches me that people do not even understand the role of the courts (trials, dispute resolution, clarification of laws).

They are many envisage-able instances where things can go wrong with statements like these.

I am wondering why you will not want your Police to provide evidence that someone (some suspect) is actually guilty in the law courts before the law take it course.

Some people in this country just enjoy people being shot at.

Nigerians can clearly read that Sowore is protecting your interest seen and unforeseen by following the rule of law as regarding how to deal with the ballot snatching offense but you still want to provide the boys in blue more grey areas, more loophole to getaway with plain murder or needless excessive force...
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by yongg: 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2019
rafak:

Please, you have to improve on your deductive reasoning, please.

I will save plenty lives... You may not know it but it will save people around you unconsciously.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by sarahade(f): 11:29pm On Feb 21, 2019
Abuheekmat:
Am i the only one that have never hear or see the VP of this guy say anything or show up in anything ?

You are the only one
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Oponel1962: 11:53pm On Feb 21, 2019
Not at all.
Are voters coming to snatch ballot boxes?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by abbey621(m): 12:26am On Feb 22, 2019
yongg:
It aches me that people do not even understand the role of the courts (trials, dispute resolution, clarification of laws).

They are many envisage-able instances where things can go wrong with statements like these.

I am wondering why you will not want your Police to provide evidence that someone (some suspect) is actually guilty in the law courts before the law take it course.

Some people in this country just enjoy people being shot at.

Nigerians can clearly read that Sowore is protecting your interest seen and unforeseen by following the rule of law as regarding how to deal with the ballot snatching offense but you still want to provide the boys in blue more grey areas, more loophole to getaway with plain murder or needless excessive force...

Have you ever been where ballot boxes are snatched or voting disrupted? Do you want to know the common theme? They don't snatch using feathers or by tickling, they come more times with thugs using guns and/or other dangerous weapons. So you are telling me it is okay for police to be shot at or killed, all in the name of giving a ballot snatcher due process in court? I mean if you can volunteer yourself and/or your loved ones to command some polling booths that would be nice, if not then let the people who are willing to protect the ballot boxes with their lives do so in PEACE!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by lincs25(m): 12:35am On Feb 22, 2019
Why would a voter be scared if he or she is going to polling unit to vote and not to snatch ballot box or paper. Nigerian who do this to us, lets tell ourselves the truth haba...

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by Sleekfingers: 12:38am On Feb 22, 2019
Success100:
The presidential candidate of the African Action Congress, Omoyele Sowore, says President Muhammadu Buhari’s threat to ballot box snatchers is aimed at scaring away voters on election day.

Sowore said if Buhari was sincere about stopping electoral malpractice, he would have focused on the sponsors of ballot box snatchers and not the actors only.

The AAC candidate said this during an interview with our correspondent on Wednesday.

The activist said Buhari had shown that he was still a dictator as he made no mention of arresting and prosecuting ballot box snatchers but went ahead to suggest killing.

He said if the President was really serious about stopping electoral malpractice, he would have stopped his part from engaging in vote-buying.

Sowore said, “General Buhari is clearly still a military dictator at heart. Ballot box snatching is a terrible offence, but how could anyone ask for an offender to be killed without recourse to the law? Are there no courts? Shouldn’t an offender be charged to court first?

“It is ironic that the same person who is quick to ask for ballot box snatchers to be killed, has no problems with heading a party that engages in massive vote-buying and rigging as we saw in Ekiti and Osun.

“While Buhari called for the ballot box snatchers to be killed, what about the people who sent them to snatch the ballot boxes? What about the politicians who paid them to cause chaos at the polls? By raising the spectre of violence at polling centres and encouraging law enforcement agencies to shoot during elections, the President is essentially scaring people away from the polls.

“He knows that ballot rigging has been a sad but persistent feature of Nigerian elections. This threat is not really directed at ballot box snatchers, but a deliberate attempt to scare people away from the polls. I call on all Nigerians not to be deterred or scared away from the polls.”

The Sahara Reporters publisher, who also lambasted the Independent National Electoral Commission for postponing the polls, said he already knew INEC would delay the elections and he had prepared adequately.

He said the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party were the biggest beneficiaries of the postponement because they were the richest parties in the country.

When asked if he had the N800m needed to deploy polling agents in all the polling units and voting points across the country, Sowore said he did not need such a an amount because people were willing to volunteer.

Sowore added, “We are a true grassroots organisation. The ‘TakeitBack’ movement and the African Action Congress are present in every geopolitical zone and in every state. We will have agents in every state and in most of the polling units in the nation.

“We introduced digital methods into the agent recruitment exercise. In addition to the physical compilation of the names of those interested in being party agents, we developed online methods and an app that allowed us to mobilise agents as well.

“Unlike the APC and the PDP that will pay about N5,000 to N10,000 per agent and spend between N600m and N1.2bn on them across all the polling units in the country, we are a volunteer driven organisation.”

The former student union leader, who fought for the mandate of the acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 election, MKO Abiola, said he was not deterred by the decision of some of MKO’s children to endorse Buhari following the President’s decision to declare June 12 as Democracy Day.

He said Buhari did so for political reasons but admitted that it was a good decision.

Sowore said, “The June 12 struggle was not about Abiola or his family. It was about moving Nigeria forward. My engagement in that struggle was to ensure that we had a country where democratic tenets reigned supreme, where military dictatorship was eliminated and where the Nigerian people could freely choose their own leaders.

“In all of the 30 years that I have been involved in the Nigerian political system, I have not supported persons, but instead I have fought for principles. When Obasanjo wanted to extend his tenure, I fought against that.”

When asked if he would accept the result of the election if he loses, Sowore said he would only do so if the exercise is free and fair.

On what would be the focus of his administration if elected, Sowore said he would focus on security, restructuring, infrastructure and the enthronement of democratic norms.

He said he would form a shadow cabinet once he is declared winner and this would allow for an easy transition.

Sowore said, “I have developed a 10-point agenda built on three pillars of security, self sufficiency and sustainability. The 10-point agenda addresses problems in the areas of security, power, infrastructure, corruption, economy and jobs, restructuring, health care, education, agriculture and tourism and the first letter of each program spells out SPICER HEAT.

https://punchng.com/buharis-ballot-box-threat-aimed-at-scaring-voters-sowore/

So whats the fuss about what buhari said....are you or your supporters want to snatch ballot box?

Ballot box snatchers dont come to the polling stations with banana leaves....they come with dangerous weapons....

So they should be ready to meet their ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by yongg: 12:54am On Feb 22, 2019
abbey621:

Have you ever been where ballot boxes are snatched or voting disrupted? Do you want to know the common theme? They don't snatch using feathers or by tickling, they come more times with thugs using guns and/or other dangerous weapons. So you are telling me it is okay for police to be shot at or killed, all in the name of giving a ballot snatcher due process in court? I mean if you can volunteer yourself and/or your loved ones to command some polling booths that would be nice, if not then let the people who are willing to protect the ballot boxes with their lives do so in PEACE!

Well, in such case, they handle it with corresponding hostile force... as they are trained to.

I think you misinterpreted what I was talking about.
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by obembet(f): 1:31am On Feb 22, 2019
"Sowore said if Buhari was sincere about stopping electoral malpractice, he would have focused on the sponsors of ballot box snatchers and not the actors only."

This is the fact. If you have just a vote, am the one
Re: Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore by abbey621(m): 2:20am On Feb 22, 2019
yongg:

Well, in such case, they handle it with corresponding hostile force... as they are trained to.

I think you misinterpreted what I was talking about.

No you misinterpreted what Buhari meant! Ballot snatchers are violent people, no ane person walks into a voting ward and steals the ballot peacefully, so it is either they are met with police force or the people meet them with jungle justice either way they are going to pay with their lives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ganduje, Others Receives Certificate Of Returns From INEC - Photos / Ondo 2020: PDP Primary Election Updates / South-East Governors Condemn Assasination Of Ahmed Gulak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.