Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,992 members, 7,866,729 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:35 AM

Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before (1306 Views)

Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? / Can You Fall For Someone You've Never Met? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by Dafemo(m): 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2010
what i,m trying to say is that all this stuff that parent are saying about guyz marrying from the village and that they must marrying for you, does it make sense i believe it,s old school stuff, what do you think
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by paris10: 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2010
You can marry them if you're still tied to your Mother's apron strings, If you know what I mean.
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by Dafemo(m): 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2010
naa it still dosen,t make sense to me
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by librangyps(f): 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2010
Dnt wory bout it, jsj make sure u pick ur own wife, or liv wit a vila prost
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by r231(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2010
librangyps:

Dnt wory bout it, jsj make sure u pick your own wife, or[b] liv wit a vila prost [/b]

lol
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by librangyps(f): 10:04pm On Aug 26, 2010
;-)
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by Dafemo(m): 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2010
what would you guyz do if you were in this condition
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by r231(m): 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2010
Dafemo:

what would you guyz do if you were in this condition

my parents are educated
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by librangyps(f): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2010
Mine ar dead. Joking .: not
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by paris10: 12:28am On Aug 27, 2010
Dafemo:

naa it still dosen,t make sense to me

Go read your books mate, you lack a bit of knowledge, no offence though.
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by InkedNerd(f): 12:52am On Aug 27, 2010
I don't really think its a matter of whether its right or wrong or whether you know the person or not. I mean, if you being forced into the relationship [or whatever it is], then that is wrong. But if you're not being forced into a relationship and you know that there's someone that you parents want you to marry are you're ok with it then I don't see anything wrong with it. I have a friend who's parents already has a girl that they wanted him to marry and both the boy and the girl were ok with the idea. In my opinion, as long as the people involved in the matter are ok with the arrangements of things, then I see nothing wrong with it.
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by Dafemo(m): 1:00am On Aug 27, 2010
@inked nerd most people it happens to hate it
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by InkedNerd(f): 1:07am On Aug 27, 2010
Well, you [or whoever the person may be] needs to make a decision that is good for themselves. If I married a man I didn't know, love, or care about just because my parents wanted me to, what kind of marriage would I besetting myself up for? I could never live my life knowing that the person that I'm supposedly going to be with "forever" isn't someone that I love or care about.
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by Dafemo(m): 2:48am On Aug 27, 2010
if you were in this condition would you run away with your loved one
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by InkedNerd(f): 3:05am On Aug 27, 2010
I don't know if I'd run away but I wouldn't go through with the marriage.
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by Dafemo(m): 3:07am On Aug 27, 2010
so what ur point
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by InkedNerd(f): 3:09am On Aug 27, 2010
What do you mean "what's my point?" My point is that I don't wanna be forced into something I don't wanna do.
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by Dafemo(m): 3:13am On Aug 27, 2010
so u won,t listen to your folks
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by InkedNerd(f): 3:19am On Aug 27, 2010
No. Besides, I've had this sort of conversation with my parents before, they know better that to pull a stunt like that.
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by iice(f): 4:01am On Aug 27, 2010
Get to know them after you've met them
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by blank(f): 5:14am On Aug 27, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I don't really think its a matter of whether its right or wrong or whether you know the person or not. I mean, if you being forced into the relationship [or whatever it is], then that is wrong. But if you're not being forced into a relationship and you know that there's someone that you parents want you to marry are you're ok with it then I don't see anything wrong with it. I have a friend who's parents already has a girl that they wanted him to marry and both the boy and the girl were ok with the idea. In my opinion, as long as the people involved in the matter are ok with the arrangements of things, then I see nothing wrong with it. 

I agree with you. If the two people involved are okay with it, no problem.
My problem is when they say it is by force.
I have an Indian friend who has been in UK doing MBA and is now doing an MSc simply cos her parents want her to marry a random guy.
I told her to do so for the sake of her sister who wants to get married but has to wait for her to marry first.
Obviously, i was joking but it makes people really desperate to run away from home cos of dat kind of pressure.
Re: Is It Right To Date Someone You Have Never Met Before by InkedNerd(f): 5:21am On Aug 27, 2010
blank:

I agree with you. If the two people involved are okay with it, no problem.
My problem is when they say it is by force.
I have an Indian friend who has been in UK doing MBA and is now doing an MSc simply cos her parents want her to marry a random guy.
I told her to do so for the sake of her sister who wants to get married but has to wait for her to marry first.
Obviously, it was a joke but it makes people really desperate to run away from home cos of dat kind of pressure.

Chai, what a shame. I guess I must be blessed to have parents that would never push something like that onto me. I once jokingly told my younger sister that she wasn't allowed to get married unless I got married first, my mom and sis nearly died laughing embarassed.

(1) (Reply)

Please, Help Me Ooooooooooooooooo! / Guys When You Dont Show Your Feelings, Ladies Like You More- The Facebook Test / Ladies Wat Will U Do And Guys Is This Right.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.