Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). (40020 Views)

Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hienna:
Tourist is kinda good thing but abegi all this yoruba film wey dem dey show for here dey scare me � for going to one thick bush...
How save are we??
lmao. Those are just movies. And Ondo state is one peaceful yoruba state. Prolly because we have lesser muslim and alhajis cuz most of them are herbalist in disguise. And there are people living on the hill. You can even go there alone, stay all you want and come down whenever you like buh to avoid stories like entring where you are not supposed to, you need a guide. And many of there traditionalist are always on the hill and mostly with their family so you can never be alone on the hill and also, people own farms around the hill.

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Michael004: 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
Did you get to where unreadable handwriting is. Did you meet a man living on the hill. Do they show you where they bury kings then. Do they show you where original oduduwa crown is. So many places to visit on idanre hill.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Drdreluv: 10:27pm On Mar 02, 2019
Palm wine uko
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Drdreluv: 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2019
Gbogbo ohun tó ńdán kọ́ ni wúrà.

IntrovertedK:
onimukumu oshi.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by omoteacher(m): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Nice narrative, you really nailed it and made it enticing for potential tourists.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by legalwealth(m): 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2019
Se o mu lokili juyan sha (Did you use dog to eat yam)

Awa Ondo ajaja! !!
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by temmypotter(m): 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
Nice! visited a while back as a kid, almost 10years now! remember the experience like yesterday.

Oh how exasperated we were after we climbed the 660 steps that led up to the top of the hill.

Some sightings I'm not quite sure you mentioned

So there was this big scribbling like a giant's handwriting on the surface of one of the big rocks atop the hill, apparently it was called the handwriting of God which was conveniently believable to the villagers I guess, seeing as no one could have possibly maneuvered up that stone to scribble nothing, and with such big letterings too

A hut/house where no one goes with their faces to the front, so we had to go in rear wise. going in with your face to the front is considered a taboo

A vegetation, like a small patch of weed or grass said to have remained exactly the same since forever, said to be mystical.

The shrine though! it was both scary and interesting. The sculptures of their deities, especially the ones with disproportioned abnormal body parts, male sculpts with ridiculously huge organs and the female sculpts with oversized mammary glands. lol

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Hienna(m): 10:46pm On Mar 02, 2019
IntrovertedK:
lmao. Those are just movies. And Ondo state is one peaceful yoruba state. Prolly because we have lesser muslim and alhajis cuz most of them are herbalist in disguise. And there are people living on the hill. You can even go there alone, stay all you want and come down whenever you like buh to avoid stories like entring where you are not supposed to, you need a guide. And many of there traditionalist are always on the hill and mostly with their family so you can never be alone on the hill and also, people own farms around the hill.
Seems clearer now tnxs b
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2019
Read a true life story about the Hill by a traveller here

the anecdote of idanre hill

https://emperorblog.com.ng/the-anecdote-of-idanre-hill-final-episode/

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by joshuaidibia(m): 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2019
There's no way she made that climb with those shoes she's putting on. I'm a geologist, we do that shit in exploring for a living.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by mhisbliss(f): 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
There's no way I'm visiting or eating anything in such environment, the fear of African juju. grin
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Tedpgrass: 11:27pm On Mar 02, 2019
The sight of those steps just brought back the memories of aches in my back, gluts and legs.. Chai
It wasn't funny

But I was quite breathless on getting to the top, initially due to the exercise, subsequently by the views..

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 02, 2019
Bbsharon:
If you would like to join me on my next tour, please send a PM

Read more on my Blog @http://www.demitalks.com/my-visit-to-the-old-idanre-town-and-the-story-of-idanre-hills/

Do you know I have been going to this city for a long time and I have not being to Oke Idanre. I was told one goddess or something is living on the mountain and I don't want to have anything to do with this local voodoo in other not to alter one's destiny
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by ikorodureporta: 11:44pm On Mar 02, 2019
Na this kyne ppl I dey fear cheesy daughter of a babalawo cheesy cheesy

Why you dey always wear red+black??
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by ikorodureporta: 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2019
Bbsharon:
If you would like to join me on my next tour, please send a PM

Read more on my Blog @http://www.demitalks.com/my-visit-to-the-old-idanre-town-and-the-story-of-idanre-hills/

Join wetin? Make ogbanje come dey pursue me

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by naughtyvirgo001(m): 12:17am On Mar 03, 2019
Was there a some years ago courtesy of JCI. Still one of my best outing sha. Still got the pictures and every. Its looking different sha
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by naughtyvirgo001(m): 12:22am On Mar 03, 2019
Rogosa:

Do you know I have been going to this city for a long time and I have not being to Oke Idanre. I was told one goddess or something is living on the mountain and I don't want to have anything to do with this local voodoo in other not to alter one's destiny
. You're kinda right about that. Last time I was there we say the worshippers with there sango type of hairstyle both male and female. We just got out of the way for them to pass and that was it

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by pronto1(m): 1:05am On Mar 03, 2019
Please chat me up, not familiar with the nairaland chats platform
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by walesklash: 1:06am On Mar 03, 2019
Will love to go with you on your next tour. Can you give me a week notice when next?
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by generalridex: 1:29am On Mar 03, 2019
Those are ancient place.. I’ve been there once in an excursion.. mehn those step if you no get mind u no fit climb o.. we were told it was eight hundred and something didn’t actually remember the figures.. but it’s really amazing.. it’s only the priest living in the ancient town and you can’t be allow to wear a sandars when you were at the priest house... u will get to enjoy it it’s fun
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by googi: 2:53am On Mar 03, 2019
I think I saw some ancient writings on the walls. Has anyone been able to translate the writing?
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Jesusbabyboy: 2:58am On Mar 03, 2019
pls dear pertaining to idanre hill.....pls I will like to ask you two questions... 1..how many days could someone spend on the hill....2..is praying acceptable there?
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by xreal: 6:49am On Mar 03, 2019
Bbsharon

is that a trouser or a short; or is it convertible?

When next you want to embark on such adventure, I can accompany.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 03, 2019
My wife .....pls biko Le go and marry....before loon chop u .You too dey waka
Curious this babe cute......wetin concern me concern idanre hills....i like ur indanre laps....very smooth unlike the hills that are rough.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by melody91: 7:34am On Mar 03, 2019
slimthugchimee2:
Yoruba people and their dirty looking towns and cities, villages in the east are not as bad as this angry
your fathers were in the jungle naked living among Gorillas when that settlement came into existence

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Okeyc230: 7:44am On Mar 03, 2019
Good trip. What was the tempetsture out there?
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by mozes01(m): 7:47am On Mar 03, 2019
You should visit Erin Ijesha waterfall too, it has an interesting stories behind it ..

PS: if u decide to go, you can DM me I'll gladly travel down to be your tour guide wink
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Ayodejibabs(m): 8:48am On Mar 03, 2019
I've been here sometime ago. that place is dope and love those stories. Hope you could climb all those steps
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Horlahmah(m): 9:10am On Mar 03, 2019
Did you see that sacred point. Where people should not wear clothes to enter it.

Did you see Noah's Ark.

Did you see the feett hole that fit into everyone that put is feet.

I was told it's there. Hope to visit the place one day.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Powerexpert: 9:11am On Mar 03, 2019
I visited in 2004. I could remember there is a hut where it is written, you must off your clothes before stepping inside else be cursed. Did you get to see that?
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by TourismMan(m): 9:48am On Mar 03, 2019
Bbsharon:

Oh, wow. Never knew about those places. Left already. Probably next time would find out more.
I've sent you a pm. Please reply let's talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Literal Meaning Of Names Of Major Places In Lagos / 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos / Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.