Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:42 AM

My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). (40457 Views)

Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:52am On Mar 05, 2019
joshuaidibia:
There's no way she made that climb with those shoes she's putting on. I'm a geologist, we do that shit in exploring for a living.

Oshey!! Geologist.

How exactly is it not possible

So I got on the mountain on wings shocked

Some of the villagers climb on barefoot or normal slippers.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:55am On Mar 05, 2019
Rogosa:

Do you know I have been going to this city for a long time and I have not being to Oke Idanre. I was told one goddess or something is living on the mountain and I don't want to have anything to do with this local voodoo in other not to alter one's destiny

And who told you they are no goddess around you down the mountain too? Climbing the mountain is just for fun and to learn about the culture and history of the people.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:57am On Mar 05, 2019
walesklash:
Will love to go with you on your next tour. Can you give me a week notice when next?

Okay
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:58am On Mar 05, 2019
googi:
I think I saw some ancient writings on the walls. Has anyone been able to translate the writing?

No
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:01am On Mar 05, 2019
Jesusbabyboy:
pls dear pertaining to idanre hill.....pls I will like to ask you two questions... 1..how many days could someone spend on the hill....2..is praying acceptable there?

As a tourist it is advisable not to stay over on the mountain. About praying, you should be able to, as long as you made a good deal and agreement with your tour guide and not too long a prayer or so.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:02am On Mar 05, 2019
xreal:
Bbsharon

is that a trouser or a short; or is it convertible?

When next you want to embark on such adventure, I can accompany.

It's a trouser. I converted it to short for flexibility.

Okay.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:06am On Mar 05, 2019
Okeyc230:
Good trip. What was the tempetsture out there?

I hiked around 12pm.

Should be pretty much around 25 degree C.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:06am On Mar 05, 2019
mozes01:
You should visit Erin Ijesha waterfall too, it has an interesting stories behind it ..

PS: if u decide to go, you can DM me I'll gladly travel down to be your tour guide wink

Been there thrice. I have a story about it here. Check old threads.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:07am On Mar 05, 2019
Ayodejibabs:
I've been here sometime ago. that place is dope and love those stories. Hope you could climb all those steps

Yes I was
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:07am On Mar 05, 2019
Horlahmah:
Did you see that sacred point. Where people should not wear clothes to enter it.

Did you see Noah's Ark.

Did you see the feett hole that fit into everyone that put is feet.

I was told it's there. Hope to visit the place one day.

You should.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:08am On Mar 05, 2019
Powerexpert:
I visited in 2004. I could remember there is a hut where it is written, you must off your clothes before stepping inside else be cursed. Did you get to see that?

Yes but didn't enter.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:09am On Mar 05, 2019
kenny714433:

Seems u so my love adventure. I'll like to go with you on your next trip.

Okay
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:12am On Mar 05, 2019
TheCOOLEST:
Erm, pls how can 1 plan to visit the place? I wan2 visit the place with my friends(a student of FUTA)
Is it that we can go just any day we wish to or some1 has to go and make findings 1st b4 all of us go
And like how much would b the cost of visiting the place?

The place is open everyday. They have tour guides to accompany you guys. Calculate your cost from Akure to idanre to and fro, then plus the entrace fee of 1k each and your feeding if necessary.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:12am On Mar 05, 2019
1stNumeroUno:
I was at this hill sometime in 2012.

Nice place, great history, poor management. I wish our government can improve it to UNESCO standard.

I wish they can. It's very possible.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:18am On Mar 05, 2019
ttmax09:
Good job op i just visited ur blog and i must say am interested in that igbo olodumare. Do you organize any group tour to that forest. secondly there is this story of 7 great hunters that my hostel patron do tell us back then in boarding school. I remembered when i came across the name akogun and oluhunoyin on ur blog. Pls what's the name of that book and was it also written by pa fagunwa. Pardon any error in my Yoruba words. Cheers

I gave little details about the hunters on my blog. Akara ogun and all.

The book, "ogboju ode ninu igbo olodumare" and yes it was also written by Pa.Fagunwa.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:19am On Mar 05, 2019
charlie42:
After reading this post I feel like visiting this unique location.

You should.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:19am On Mar 05, 2019
olatommy7:
This is my home town, my dad happens to be a palace chief!!
Enjoy your stay please!!

I did, thanks.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:20am On Mar 05, 2019
showbiz4all27:

I can relate. I was there in September 2011. Will love to visit soon again.

The 667 steps make some ladies cried then but funnily enough they never stopped climbing.

Nice
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 4:24am On Mar 05, 2019
Upaka:
...makanre oo
She can't climb ojimaba.. No way

Why?
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by xreal: 4:35am On Mar 05, 2019
Bbsharon:

It's a trouser. I converted it to short for flexibility.

Okay.

Ok ma'am.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Powerexpert: 6:42am On Mar 05, 2019
Okay
Bbsharon:

Yes but didn't enter.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Picienza: 7:29am On Mar 05, 2019
Bbsharon:

Funny!! sad

Shey someone cannot play with you? Is that how you used to do? grin
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by joshuaidibia(m): 7:59am On Mar 05, 2019
Bbsharon:

Oshey!! Geologist.

How exactly is it not possible

So I got on the mountain on wings shocked

Some of the villagers climb on barefoot or normal slippers.
barefoot yes, and you said villagers Madam. those people have been making that climb since childhood. But it's your first and you sad you made climb putting on that your fine shoe. � are you a professional mountain climber?
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 9:11am On Mar 05, 2019
joshuaidibia:
barefoot yes, and you said villagers Madam. those people have been making that climb since childhood. But it's your first and you sad you made climb putting on that your fine shoe. � are you a professional mountain climber?

My question is, so how did I get to the top? I couldn't have flown there you know. I see no basis for your strong claim. You might have your doubt, yes that's okay. But you rulling out a possibility that I could have is what I have issue with here.

Seen the pictures where I got to the top? I climbed there with those shoes and didn't even put them off until I was on the very top and took pictures.

And I'm not a professional climber. But not my first hiking. I've been to other places I had to climb.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by showbiz4all27(m): 10:32am On Mar 05, 2019
Bbsharon:

My question is, so how did I get to the top? I couldn't have flown there you know. I see no basis for your strong claim. You might have your doubt, yes that's okay. But you rulling out a possibility that I could have is what I have issue with here.

Seen the pictures where I got to the top? I climbed there with those shoes and didn't even put them off until I was on the very top and took pictures.

And I'm not a professional climber. But not my first hiking. I've been to other places I had to climb.

With the shoe she wore, it's possible she climbed the steps because that's not a high hill. From my experience, I doubt any stranger/tourist can complete those steps barefooted through and fro except the "omo bibi ilu". It's different experience for different people though. But nothing is impossible.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by showbiz4all27(m): 10:41am On Mar 05, 2019
How are you able to snap this? I wasn't allowed during my tour cos according to my tour guide, it's a taboo to do so and did your story teller detailed you the ancient stone purpose?

Are you able to snapped the past Obas' decayed skull?

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 11:57am On Mar 05, 2019
showbiz4all27:

With the shoe she wore, it's possible she climbed the steps because that's not a high hill. From my experience, I doubt any stranger/tourist can complete those steps barefooted through and fro except the "omo bibi ilu". It's different experience for different people though. But nothing is impossible.

Exactly
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by mechanics(m): 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
Bbsharon:

Thanks
You welcome and that's my home town o.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by joshuaidibia(m): 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
Bbsharon:

okay dear. You did a really good job
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by ttmax09(m): 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
Bbsharon:

I gave little details about the hunters on my blog. Akara ogun and all.

The book, "ogboju ode ninu igbo olodumare" and yes it was also written by Pa.Fagunwa.
Ok thanks will look for the english translation to buy
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
joshuaidibia:
okay dear. You did a really good job

Thank You.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by internetpo(m): 8:23am On Mar 07, 2019
Bbsharon:
Climbing through the hills can be strenuous if you did not come well prepared. It is like hiking through a mountain only that this has steps and a clear path to follow. I had planned on going to a different location before making up my mind to come here. I had left home and headed to Ijebu-Ode only to be told the site I would have love to visit is not accessible to women.
As to that, I left home with the wrong set of outfit. A flowing trouser is not suitable to climb neither was the slip-on shoe I had on good enough. One should come here with good hiking boots and short. A water-bottle, snacks, drinks, a music plug and definitely a hiking partner aside the guide to have a good fun of the place.
They are about five resting point that leads to the top of the hill before the ancient town for hikers and tourist to relax before proceeding. At the first resting point there is a bar that sells chilled drinks and water for hikers to take along with them to sustain the climb. I got one bottle water and to tell you I finished it before even getting to the final resting point.

At one of the resting point

At the House of Ojomu the 3rd in command to the king.

The "osokogbe" stone that a male adult mist be able to lift to qualify him for marriage to any lady from Idanre.

Read more on my Blog @http://www.demitalks.com/my-visit-to-the-old-idanre-town-and-the-story-of-idanre-hills/
Pls where is this? @ d bolded.

Nice adventure by the way. I.have always wanted to visit/climb those hills each time I travel through ondo state. I will subscribe to your blog. Pls inform me next time u wanna go.on.these trips. Won't mind tagging along

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airlines That No Longer Exist In Nigeria. Do You Remember Any Of Them? (pic/vid) / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / Great Airports Of Africa - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.