Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance (6875 Views)

If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 22, 2019
Many people pray for forgiveness of sin when they sin against God, many do it so often, and many do it once in a while. Praying for forgiveness of sin leads to repentance, but praying for forgiveness of sin is not perfectly repentance... Repentance is a visible change of attitude after praying for forgiveness of sin. A drunkard can pray for forgiveness for drunkenness after taking five bottles of beer, but he has not repented if he doesn't stop drinking alcohol... Likewise when people fornicate, after getting satisfied, they pray for forgiveness, but go back when the next urge comes....Repentance is a visible abandonment of sinful lifestyle & habits...

Sometimes after repentance, one could still ask for forgiveness of sin if he or she goes into sin out of "mistake"/carelessness/ and unwillingness

20 Likes

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 23, 2019
yes!!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2019
True

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Richdad50(m): 8:15am On Feb 24, 2019
Good
Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by tstx(m): 8:15am On Feb 24, 2019
Forgiveness of sin.. Sin wey we go soon commit again.. Infact there are people in Nigeria who have been asking forgiveness for a particular sin they've been committing since they were teen.. The funny thing is after they ask for forgiveness, them go still repeat the same thing..

See my signature
Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Timagex(m): 8:15am On Feb 24, 2019
Most people only genuinely seek forgiveness at the point of death.

Happy baiday to me cool

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by femi4: 8:16am On Feb 24, 2019
Shall will continue to sin so that grace may abound?

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by musb92yahooco: 8:16am On Feb 24, 2019
Congratulation Buhari wining 31 state already

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by stepo707: 8:18am On Feb 24, 2019
Without genuine repentance, no forgiveness

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by xtremeTall(m): 8:19am On Feb 24, 2019
Na about election I wan read till Wednesday
Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Nickijoy(f): 8:20am On Feb 24, 2019
Timagex:

Happy baiday to me cool
Happy birthday...

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by leeikem(m): 8:20am On Feb 24, 2019
Your head is atikulated!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Truefaith: 8:21am On Feb 24, 2019
Dfa
Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by mrZENographer: 8:25am On Feb 24, 2019
Romans 6:1 shall we continue in sin for grace to abound God forbid"

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by brizzybrizzz(m): 8:28am On Feb 24, 2019
One of the best things I'll read today!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 24, 2019
bukkyemotions:
Many people pray for forgiveness of sin when they sin against God, many do it so often, and many do it once in a while. Praying for forgiveness of sin leads to repentance, but praying for forgiveness of sin is not perfectly repentance... Repentance is a visible change of attitude after praying for forgiveness of sin. A drunkard can pray for forgiveness for drunkenness after taking five bottles of beer, but he has not repented if he doesn't stop drinking alcohol... Likewise when people fornicate, after getting satisfied, they pray for forgiveness, but go back when the next urge comes....Repentance is a visible abandonment of sinful lifestyle & habits...

Sometimes after repentance, one could still ask for forgiveness of sin if he or she goes into sin out of "mistake"/carelessness/ and unwillingness

When will people stop claiming to know more than God biko? Only God decides who is a sinner and who is not. At same pace, only God can tell who is genuinely repented and who is not irrespective of our actions. Please, stop posting rubbish
Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 24, 2019
Timagex:

Happy baiday to me cool
Cheers bro

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Aphroditee(f): 8:45am On Feb 24, 2019
MTHB OSS:

You can only overcome sin, when you TOTALLY surrender yourself to God. Don't wait until you are perfect before you come to Him. (don't hate yourself) 'tis well
Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by dann190: 8:54am On Feb 24, 2019
Should I continue in sin that grace may abound, God Forbid, I am so so guilty of this, each day I keep asking 4 forgiveness over the same issue,God please help ur son, sometimes I hate myself

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by kumulus(m): 9:12am On Feb 24, 2019
stepo707:
Without genuine repentance, no forgiveness

Very good input!
Repentance comes before forgiveness. Repentance is simply the 'renewal of mind' i.e the putting off of the old garment, shedding off the old nature, to become born again ( except a man "repent" of his sins and become born again....). When there's a change of mind, you see things anew and get a new lease of life. Only then will you (your Real Self) be able to forgive your mortal or actual self ( the egoic self/ the fallen man ) because you've become aware you've done those wrongs for lack of knowledge ( Jesus prayed 'father forgive them for they "know not" what they do.)

Sadly for many centuries those who are supposed to guide us in the light guided us out of light for personal and/or corporate gains, but it's promised '...the light prevaileth and the darkness comprehends it not....'

The Awakening has begun, the end of the days of travail is earnestly upon us.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by daplousboi: 9:38am On Feb 24, 2019
Timagex:

Happy baiday to me cool

Happy birthday to u bro..... Age with endless success
Jah bless ur new age.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Timagex(m): 10:23am On Feb 24, 2019
daplousboi:

Happy birthday to u bro..... Age with endless success
Jah bless ur new age.
thanks boss. Appreciated..

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Timagex(m): 10:26am On Feb 24, 2019
Zhegx:
Cheers bro
thanks boss

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by MTHBOSS(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2019
dann190:
Should I continue in sin that grace may abound, God Forbid, I am so so guilty of this, each day I keep asking 4 forgiveness over the same issue,God please help ur son, sometimes I hate myself

You can only overcome sin, when you TOTALLY surrender yourself to God. Don't wait until you are perfect before you come to Him. (don't hate yourself) 'tis well

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Ifecokasa(m): 11:30am On Feb 24, 2019
bukkyemotions:

Very correct sir.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Dindomitable1: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2019
Grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and live righteously.

Sin kills

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by emmyileri(m): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
Re: Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance by Kobojunkie: 2:49am On Dec 16, 2023
This is twisted all over the place! undecided

◍ Baptism of Repentance which was first preached by John the Baptist and taken up by Jesus Christ after Him refers rather to the Baptism required for one to become Born-again. As Jesus Christ explained, to be Born-again is to be Born of Water(The new Fountain of Living Water that is Jesus Christ) AND be Born of Spirit(The Spirit of Eternal Life who is the person of Jesus Christ). John the Baptist explained in his teachings that water Baptism is a mark to show that one has chosen to become Born of water(Change from living under the former fountain of Living Water to living life under the new Fountain of Living Water) - Matthew 3 vs 1 -11 & Luke 3 vs - 18 & Mark 1 vs 1 - 9 & John 1 vs 9 - 18. undecided

There is no blotting away of sins associated with this process which is instead a transition from living under the Old agreement God had with the House of Jacob to living under the new agreement God made with the House of Jacob. undecided

◍ Asking God for forgiveness of Sins is however seeking that one's sins be blotted or purged. Of course to be able to seek forgiveness of sins one must have first become born-again at a point in the past. One also has to have attained holiness and been approved righteous by God to have one's sins blotted out. This is because God does not answer the prayers/pleas of the unrighteous as they are abominations to Him. For this reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and then God's righteousness to have all these things —forgiveness of sins included — added. undecided

So, how does an unrighteous rid self of sins? Well, atonement is what is available to the unrighteous, and the way for an unrighteous to atone for his/her sins is through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. Those who diligently atone for each of their sins are eventually transformed by the Truth of God, set free from Slavery to sin into Sons of God - John 8 vs 31 - 44. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Read This & Claim Atheism! / How To Do Astral Travel: Visit Other Worlds Today / Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.