Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:24 AM

Questions To All Christians. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions To All Christians. (1141 Views)

The Biggest Deception Of All Time??? All Christians Should Be Awake / A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Letter Of Covenant Written By Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) To All Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Very weird. God says, "put blood on your doorposts and lintels". And you ask, "where is it written that blood was a sign of obedience?" Would it be obedience if they failed to put the blood where He told them to?

The reason why a god demanded for a blood on doorways was so when he sees it, he will pass over it and not destroy the people therein. It wasn't a sign/test of obedience..

This goes to show tha an all-knowing god couldn't know the doorways of his people therefore needed a sign to know.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by Ihedinobi3: 4:32pm On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Does being a theist means losing sense of reasong?

The reason whay a god requested for blood to be painted on doorways is clearly stated in the verses but I don't know why it seems hard for you to comprehend.

Now read the below verses carefully. Cofus more on the bolded there you'll see the reason he demanded for blood.

13. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive
plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

23. When the LORD goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the
blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway,
and he will
not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down.
GreatResearcher:

The reason why a god demanded for a blood on doorways was so when he sees it, he will pass over it and not destroy the people therein. It wasn't a sign/test of obedience..

This goes to show tha an all-knowing god couldn't know the doorways of his people therefore needed a sign to know.

Whenever I meet antichristians like you, mocking you is very tempting. You always come so assured of your intellectual superiority to theists and especially Christians that you are ripe for all kinds of mind games. You think you're so smart and here you are arguing about something so glaringly obvious that without any input from me, you are embarrassing your own self.

God gave the Hebrews a command. If they disobeyed, there would be a stated consequence. If they obeyed, they would be spared that consequence. Simple. And you want me to show you where it says that it was a test of obedience.

I know you have some grouse against God. That's really your business. Not mine. I was just answering a question you asked. You don't have to like or accept the answer.

2 Likes

Re: Questions To All Christians. by MuttleyLaff: 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:
13. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I
strike Egypt.

Check the bolded, then ask urself if u make sense..
You should have said that the blood instruction is what you meant by sign now. It makes sense die and I still maintain that how many times do you want it be told you, that, it isnt about a blood sign, but it is about obedience, the will to survive and an appetite for life or to stay alive

Hypothetically speaking, if you were among them at that time, I am quite sure about the unrisky and right choice you'll make.

1 Like

Re: Questions To All Christians. by CodeTemplar: 8:24pm On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Why did a all-knowing God request for a sign to differentiate the Israelites and the Egyptians?

Exodus Chp 12: 12, 13 & 23.

12. On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.

13. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

23. When the LORD goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down.

In everything God gives man a part to play. Without the blood of sprinkling, If there are doubting Thomases or rebellious ones among the Israelite then there would have been no sign to differentiate the ones with unbelief. Faith is needed to please God always. People want God to just act for them always without them taking any step.

3 Likes

Re: Questions To All Christians. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Why haven't you responded to this answer? I said it that after spewing nonsense in the air,thinking you've gotten a point to debunk Christianity and you finds something that beats your intellect,you'll just vanish as if you're dead. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 11:00pm On Feb 23, 2019
TATIME:
Why haven't you responded to this answer? I said it that after spewing nonsense in the air,thinking you've gotten a point to debunk Christianity and you finds something that beats your intellect,you'll just vanish as if you're dead. cheesy cheesy
I attended to this esrlier on. If u have missed it, visit my thread on 'Why There Is No God'.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by Nobody: 3:44am On Feb 24, 2019
GreatResearcher:
I attended to this esrlier on. If u have missed it, visit my thread on 'Why There Is No God'.
And i've attended to that SEVERAL times without number,if you missed it visit the thread "How Jesus Christ was created" by one Otemsapien!
So if you're sure that you won't respond to every comment why stupidly posting a useless comment saying "50 views yet no comments"? Of course you should know that many of your folks have raised this same issues and have been silenced by shocking intelligent responses undecided undecided undecided
Someone who feels he's fully competent shouldn't keep quiet simply because you've addressed an issue in some other thread that the one commenting might not even have any interest! embarassed embarassed embarassed
A fully equipped intellectual should know that there is no question that couldn't have been addressed sometimes in the past but reframing such answers is most appropriate than silence,expecting the one asking to go searching for the response elsewhere!
Please there is no practical sense{WISDOM} in atheism. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of Catholic Reverend Sister Who Allegedly Marry An Police Officer / Religious Discrimination And Favoritism By Mods On Nairaland / How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.