Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,241 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (594649 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by BikeMan: 8:07am On Apr 14, 2019
Hello guys , this block account thingy is it a onetime thing or you have to deposit that amount yearly throughout your course duration.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 9:03am On Apr 14, 2019
Depends on your state..
Some state would give you straight two years permit..in this case you don't necessarily need blocking again for the second year...while some state would give u just a year permit and to extend your residence you need show proof of fund(some would accept half BA while some would request full BA)

BikeMan:
Hello guys , this block account thingy is it a onetime thing or you have to deposit that amount yearly throughout your course duration.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 9:07am On Apr 14, 2019
Uni Assist is an organisation that helps you with providing an approval from the university you want to study in.
uni-assist is the central point of contact for student applications using international educational certificates. Most German university request international students pass Thru this organization when applying to there institution.

Search on google for more details about uniassist

bravesoul247:
what is uniassit?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Oblang(m): 9:26am On Apr 14, 2019
Sirbohr007:
Just got my VPD. Anyone sending documents to HAW Hamburg? Let's split the cost.

Which course did u apply for? Most of their courses are in taught in German...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bl33d(m): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2019
Fabcol:
Depends on your state..
Some state would give you straight two years permit..in this case you don't necessarily need blocking again for the second year...while some state would give u just a year permit and to extend your residence you need show proof of fund(some would accept half BA while some would request full BA)

how do you know States that gives 2 years straight?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Milkbooster: 10:03am On Apr 14, 2019
Morning guys , I suggest those of us going for Bsc in engineering should have a WhatsApp group. For us to help ourself

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by BikeMan: 10:04am On Apr 14, 2019
Fabcol:
Depends on your state..

haah thanks a lot
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Freeman59: 10:27am On Apr 14, 2019
Please has anyone successfully applied to TH KOLN? how was it? Anything unique I should know. Do they easily give admission??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 10:28am On Apr 14, 2019
lexi28:

1. internship varies from university to university, some make it compulsory and place you there, others require you search on your own. some universities publish list of companies who have accepted their students for internship and leave the decision to you.

2. a university I checked said A2 level is required for lab work, I guess something higher will be required to work in the cities

3. I'm not there yet, gurus kindly attend to this. IMHO it depends on your determination and drive to succeed.

Thanks for your wonderful response.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by mychellin: 10:59am On Apr 14, 2019
Eldeee:

I want to assume you have gotten your fintiba block account details, I would suggest you just read only page one of this thread, therein you will find detailed steps on how to go about your entire application.

Thanks bros for all your support and encouragement.

I had attached passport and details. The site now showing 'we are checking your data'. Pls, for how long will this take before I get the account no and other details. I need to give someone feedback on this. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sirarim13(m): 11:15am On Apr 14, 2019
AbahJosiah:

Please what about the Signature Space on the visa application letter. Are we to sign there too or its for minors only. Thanks

Motivational Letter is original plus two copies.

For the declaration sign both the german and English side of it, (on my interview day I saw Mr Paulinus unhappy with one girl for not signing both and he ordered her to sign it right there)
So just to avoid Mr Paulinus wahala sign both.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bravesoul247(m): 11:27am On Apr 14, 2019
Fabcol:
Uni Assist is an organisation that helps you with providing an approval from the university you want to study in.
uni-assist is the central point of contact for student applications using international educational certificates. Most German university request international students pass Thru this organization when applying to there institution.

Search on google for more details about uniassist

okay. Thanks. As an hnd holder, with just 1 million naira, what's the first step I need to take?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sirarim13(m): 11:28am On Apr 14, 2019
[quote author=Sirarim13 post=77528961][/quote]

I meant signature space on the visa application form. Is it only for minors or we are to sign on it ourslef? Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odogwudozilla: 11:47am On Apr 14, 2019
Which school did you graduate from, and what is their accreditation status (at least for the course you read)?

As far as I know, they are doubting the authenticity of your degree.

Mystical12:
Please I need help on this particular mail from uni assist. I truely don't understand

With your application you chose one - or more than one - university that requires all its
international applicants to have their applications pre-checked by uni-assist. We now completed
our evaluation and would like to inform you accordingly:
TU München - Master - alle Fächer
We regret to inform you that your application could not yet be forwarded to the university you
applied to.
Reason(s):
Unfortunately your application is incomplete.
The following documents were either not submitted, or were not sufficiently certified:
Evidence of accreditation of your degree programme issued by the relevant authority in
the country in which you studied.
It is important that the accreditation covers both the subject and the degree towards which
you are working (evidence of registration is not sufficient).
Please note that if this document was issued in a language other than German or English,
then a translation made by a sworn translator is required.
It is possible to submit new documents until the end of the universitys application deadline.
Please check whether there is still time before the deadline expires.
The accreditation of your bachelor's degree is missing.
uni-assist has carried out the pre-check of your documents with the greatest care and accuracy.
Should you however feel that we have made a mistake in our pre-check, please write to us.
State the reasons for your complaint and please include your application number. uni-assist's
management will look into your complaint and get back to you in writing. If you still disagree with
this response, we will forward your application to the respective university. The university will
then issue you a decision vested with legal capacity.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bridget149: 11:50am On Apr 14, 2019
please, is there anyone in Stuttgart, or knows about the blocking requirement for Baden Wuttenberg. i'll appreciate some enlightenment. thank you

Fabcol:
Depends on your state..

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 14, 2019
[quote author=Sirarim13 post=77528961][/quote]

You are to sign the signature space (with date and place) on the last page of the visa application form.

Remember: You are to print two copies of the visa application form and fill both exactly the same with ink.

Don't print one copy-fill-and photocopy.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 11:56am On Apr 14, 2019
U find out from people studying in your state..

bl33d:
how do you know States that gives 2 years straight?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2019
The first step is to read previous part..start from part 5 and read each pages

Your HND can give you a bachelor's degree easily...getting a Master degree would b very difficult with your hnd and you need more than 1million...you need approximately 4million..except you have a sponsor living and working legally in Germany ready to give you sponsorship letter then your 1mil is more than enough

Use daad.de to search for schools ensure you use the advanced search option to filter your search... Then browse thru each school website for there requirements and procedures

bravesoul247:
okay. Thanks. As an hnd holder, with just 1 million naira, what's the first step I need to take?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Obinnafrancis(m): 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
Opinionator:
I started this journey last year but I wasn't serious enough with it so I missed the winter window. It wasn't funny then because summer seemed so far away but I decided to enroll in a German Language Institute in my city, Benin.

Fast forward to summer... I got my admitted into the MSc Biological Resources program, Hochschule Rhine-Waal on the 10th of January. I had applied via Uniassist. I studied Biochemistry. I was able to book interview for the 8th of March by past some minutes past 12am of 11th January. Soon after, University of Kassel admitted me into their MSc Nanoscience program but with an earlier deadline and provision to defer to winter (which I eventually did just in case I decide to change from Rhine-Waal).

Two weeks after that, I got a mail rescheduling my appointment for the 18th of March. I was bewildered because I never cancelled nor did I try booking again. After writing to them, all I was told was "The Consulate will be closed on the 8th of March". At this point, I started sweating internally. I wrote to them to rebook me several times but to no avail. Meanwhile, Rhine-Waal doesn't grant enrolment extension and Kassel couldn't extend past April 11th.

On the 8th of February, a friend woke me up for Hallelujah Challenge by 12:23am. Something in my spirit made me check the appointment booking system despite it being quite late (as I expected the dates to have been taken up by then). Lo and and behold, I saw March 4th and 12th. I became confused about cancelling the 18th to book the 4th because I didn't know how long it would take their database to refresh and free up my passport number so I decided to risk using my old passport number. Successfully booked though it didn't feel like mine because I didn't know how to explain to Oga Paulinus.

Alles gutes!

Congrats bro.Thank you for sharing your Visa journey. All the best.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dukeokafor(m): 12:16pm On Apr 14, 2019
mrsmba5:

Is date of birth not included?

It is included in NPC ATTESTATION OF BIRTH and NPC Birth Certificate
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sirbohr007(m): 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
ladyb4sure:
Am going for information engineering couldn't find if is needed or not.
Then you do not need to register at hochschulstart.de
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sirbohr007(m): 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2019
Oblang:

Which course did u apply for? Most of their courses are in taught in German...
information Engineering (Bachelor)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dahyormine(m): 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]Happy Sunday to everyone in the house, I joined this forum in less than two weeks ago, I started from page one, and now I'm up to date, in all fairness, I have learnt a lot, and I will as well advice all new comers to take their time to read from the beginning rather than asking questions that must have been treated in the past, that aside.
I noticed no one here ever mentioned applying for physics and it's related courses, which is the path I'm following, I also noticed that so many universities are offering it which leaves me with so many options to choose from, now I would love to know, what are the odds of studying such pure science course in Germany? Is it a sort after career and is it marketable? ie, what's the possibility of getting a full time job in the field after ones Msc degree? or I should follow another path in relations to science and engineering? just being curious.
Cc
fabcol
chriswazo
deustchemann
haybabe12
omoluv5
honourableseyi
goztino

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
Dahyormine:
[color=#990000][/color]Happy Sunday to everyone in the house, I joined this forum in less than two weeks ago, I started from page one, and now I'm up to date, in all fairness, I have learnt a lot, and I will as well advice all new comers to take their time to read from the beginning rather than asking questions that must have been treated in the past, that aside.
I noticed no one here ever mentioned applying for physics and it's related courses, which is the path I'm following, I also noticed that so many universities are offering it which leaves me with so many options to choose from, now I would love to know, what are the odds of studying such pure science course in Germany? Is it a sort after career and is it marketable? ie, what's the possibility of getting a full time job in the field after ones Msc degree? or I should follow another path in relations to science and engineering? just being curious.
Cc
fabcol
chriswazo
deustchemann
haybabe12
omoluv5
honourableseyi
goztino
A lot of us are actually on that line, wether it’s physics, electrical or electronics Engineering, computer Engineering, information Engineering, Communications Engineering. It’s somewhat the same thing, just a different branch. You can end up having the same jobs irrespective of how different the names sound. Cause what’s most important is having the basic foundation which is common between them, the rest is specialization which can be learnt on the job. Every employer knows that.
Studying physics would be good for you, I’m guessing it would be more of applied physics and you’d specialize in an aspect. Germany is a country that is lacking skilled laborers most especially in the S.T.E.M sector (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). Statistics show they need about 200-400k immigrants every year for the next 7-10 years. So if you study physics and you are very well grounded, take internships while in school and speak/listen/read/write german up to b1/b2 level, with God e sure for you.
If you have a masters program which it’s duration is for 1 year and you complete it in 3 years no one would term you as a failure. That’s how good Germany is, you can make your own decisions and structure your life and schedule how you want it. Even if your school doesn’t make internships compulsory or don’t put it in your syllabus I’d advice everyone to undergo one, you can take a semester off course work and do an internship.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by HillX(m): 1:32pm On Apr 14, 2019
Mystical12:
Please I need help on this particular mail from uni assist. I truely don't understand

With your application you chose one - or more than one - university that requires all its
international applicants to have their applications pre-checked by uni-assist. We now completed
our evaluation and would like to inform you accordingly:
TU München - Master - alle Fächer
We regret to inform you that your application could not yet be forwarded to the university you
applied to.
Reason(s):
Unfortunately your application is incomplete.
The following documents were either not submitted, or were not sufficiently certified:
Evidence of accreditation of your degree programme issued by the relevant authority in
the country in which you studied.
It is important that the accreditation covers both the subject and the degree towards which
you are working (evidence of registration is not sufficient).
Please note that if this document was issued in a language other than German or English,
then a translation made by a sworn translator is required.
It is possible to submit new documents until the end of the universitys application deadline.
Please check whether there is still time before the deadline expires.
The accreditation of your bachelor's degree is missing.
uni-assist has carried out the pre-check of your documents with the greatest care and accuracy.
Should you however feel that we have made a mistake in our pre-check, please write to us.
State the reasons for your complaint and please include your application number. uni-assist's
management will look into your complaint and get back to you in writing. If you still disagree with
this response, we will forward your application to the respective university. The university will
then issue you a decision vested with legal capacity.
Very sorry about this, I will suggest you get across asap through the contact form, recently I observed this uni assist verdict has become too often I will also want to believe is due numbers of applications they received.
I had same issue recently too, however I was quick to act on it because I knew I had certified appropriately. Worse come to worse let them forward like that. What I did was attached the exact school page on doc. certification. And within 48 hrs I got this. Check attached. Their mistake exactly. If you are very sure of doing the proper thing send that msg.
Shalom!

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ookunlola(m): 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2019
I need a tuberculosis test for application into DIT.
Kindly suggest a place in Lagos if you know of any.
NB: I read on a UK thread of a place around Ikeja GRA. its peculiar to UK Visa processing and the charge is abit high for me. Hence, looking for another place.
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dahyormine(m): 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
Philfit:

A lot of us are actually on that line, wether it’s physics, electrical or electronics Engineering, computer Engineering, information Engineering, Communications Engineering. It’s somewhat the same thing, just a different branch. You can end up having the same jobs irrespective of how different the names sound. Cause what’s most important is having the basic foundation which is common between them, the rest is specialization which can be learnt on the job. Every employer knows that.
Studying physics would be good for you, I’m guessing it would be more of applied physics and you’d specialize in an aspect. Germany is a country that is lacking skilled laborers most especially in the S.T.E.M sector (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). Statistics show they need about 200-400k immigrants every year for the next 7-10 years. So if you study physics and you are very well grounded, take internships while in school and speak/listen/read/write german up to b1/b2 level, with God e sure for you.
If you have a masters program which it’s duration is for 1 year and you complete it in 3 years no one would term you as a failure. That’s how good Germany is, you can make your own decisions and structure your life and schedule how you want it. Even if your school doesn’t make internships compulsory or don’t put it in your syllabus I’d advice everyone to undergo one, you can take a semester off course work and do an internship.
thanks fam, this is an eye opener..... more grace

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Banky93(m): 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2019
please are we gonna certify passport and birth certificate?
Deustchemann:

If your school asks for certified copies, then certify everything, I repeat; everything you're asked to. Certificate, transcript, Waec, English proficiency. Anything needed to be certified.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by mrsmba5: 3:32pm On Apr 14, 2019
dukeokafor:

It is included in NPC ATTESTATION OF BIRTH and NPC Birth Certificate
Plz where did you do yours, are you in Lagos?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Magma012: 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
Happy Sunday people.
Please anyone in De studying Experimental geosciences at the University of Bayreuth??please I need your help

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.