Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (597119 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Augustine21(m): 4:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
Has anyone gotten an interview date for winter semester?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Gregggory: 4:38pm On Apr 15, 2019
Okay sir. Please I want to understand you perfectly so I don't go about it the wrong way. He asks for those documents like nysc, vaccination and baptismal but if you tell him you don't have. You can still go on and it won't affect your chances. Right?
marshall54:

Yes it is true, but no one will fault you for not going with it.
transcript, Nysc certificate and old document such as baptism card or vaccination card from childhood are part of documents he now requests for.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by henriq2: 4:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
You get brain and very observant.

Chriswazo:

don't worry about that, just sign and forward all docs at once to start ur evaluation. I applied to d same school and my evaluation has been submitted to d school.

Maybe i say this here, Most of the Uni-assist school applications we are meant to sign and send hard copy is a waste of time and money. Is only "few" that demands the signed copy, in other words, most times, the online submission where u tick the terms and conditions before is sufficient. Needless to say, u confer with them before concluding on what to do

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dukeokafor(m): 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
obibanks:

You just needed the numbers on your ATM card to conduct this transactions or did it also require the mobile app?

You only need the numbers on your ATM card. No bank app is needed.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2019
A lot
Check the booking system for student visa on there website from 10:55pm-11:30pm daily...date drops most times 11pm sharp..so keep refreshing the page from 10:55pm

Augustine21:
Has anyone gotten an interview date for winter semester?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by stifej: 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hello gurus, please do I booked for interview without getting admission yet? please make una no vex if my question seems foolish
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by GoldHorse(m): 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2019
Gregggory:
Okay sir. Please I want to understand you perfectly so I don't go about it the wrong way. He asks for those documents like nysc, vaccination and baptismal but if you tell him you don't have. You can still go on and it won't affect your chances. Right?

NYSC is not Compulsory for those that have not "done it". Tell him you don't have it because you have not served or through with "service".

Baptismal is not really Compulsory. Any other old document like former ID cards, drivers license... bearing your details (name, DOB, etc) will do. Take the oldest you can find and if you do not have any you will have to explain why you don't but make sure you go with one to avoid "plenty stressing from Paulinus"

Vaccination documents is not a requirement at all unless it's the one you will be using as proof of "old document"

NOTE: (About the almighty Uncle Paulinus)

Please stop fretting when you are in front of Paulinus. He is reading all these and knows what we say about him here. He does not like it. He said as much. So if you go there and start behaving like you have "heard something" about him and you're shaking all over the place that's when he will pounce on you more. Do not show signs of doubt or trying to be "fastly looking through your documents" in response to his barking out orders. Just calmly sift through as if you know what you are doing even if you don't. Never rush or scatter your papers! When he move to the next person you can calmly as the guy or babe in front what document he requested. You can can use this simple trick. "Gracefully" allow the person at your back (without raising the person suspicion) be in front. angry. Reason? The person will bear the brunt of all the orders and you would have arranged your self before Uncle Paulinus gets to you. Wicked? Well, wetin person go do na? wink. So by the time he is asking you for a document you are already with it or almost with it (because you paid attention to what he ask the person in front to bring). If you let him ruffle you you might not be calm enough for the main thing inside.

Paulinus likes to see that you are calm even when he is shouting. Most of the time he will allow you in if you are calm enough even without some not so essential documents. Don't "show" him you Don hear say hin be terror. cheesy

God Speed!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2019
Chill..its still early....focus on getting admission

stifej:
Hello gurus, please do I booked for interview without getting admission yet? please make una no vex if my question seems foolish

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by mayorgbasky(m): 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
lexi28:

according to preceding info from the thread:

you need only one set of notarized documents.
you will need one application & motivational letter per school applied for.

one envelope per school containing signed application form and/or motivation letter. if you applied to 3 schools, 3 envelopes - properly labelled and addressed to EACH school.

one larger envelope into which you will put:
3 smaller envelopes( one per school) AND
1 SET OF NOTARIZED DOCUMENTS.

uni-assist will package a copy of your documents and each schools application form/motivational letter, they will send to each school you have paid for.

* they state that you pay €75 for first school and additional €30 for each additional school you apply for.

Lexi28 .... Wow you have finished it. Perfect information
God bless you

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Vickysnipe147(m): 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
Anybody in Abuja sending Documents to UniAssist this week should PM me or Quote this message let’s team up and send together to share the cost. I will be sending this week.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by mayorgbasky(m): 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2019
A PROBLEM SHARED ON NAIRALAND IS NOT PROBLEM ANYMORE

Dear All,

Please I'm having challenge searching for Bachelor degree course on uni-assist for Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences
Once the school is selected it pop up with an error Unfortunately your search returned no results.
If you enter less search parameters, e.g. only the university or university plus qualification (e.g. Master), you will see the list of all current courses offered by this university.
Occasionally, course names are abbreviated. In that case, please enter a suitable abbreviation.
Please edit your search or ask your chosen university for information.

I only get this university only if i search for master..
Does it mean that there is no admission for Bachelor international student for this winter 2019

This is the last application i need to create

R
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by mayorgbasky(m): 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2019
SENDING DOCUMENT TO UNI-ASSIST THIS WEEK

Anyone sending document to uni-assist from Lagos that will like to Team up, Please quote this message

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aduku1(m): 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
AbahJosiah:
For those asking for transcript (winter)
My interview was on April 2nd 2019

So I arrive at the embassy at some minutes after 5. I met one security man and told him I have an appointment by 7am, he told me to go and come back by 6:30am, so I went to the park and waited till it was about 26 minutes after 6, so I decided to stroll down to the embassy, I got there and found about 5 people in line already and joined, I looked forward and saw one slender, not too fair, bald man at the entrance arranging chairs and documents, I immediately knew that is the legendary Mr paulinus.

Mr Paulinus first handled family reunion people before he went over to student visa people and I was second in line, when it got to my turn, Mr Paulinus asked for everything even up to NYSC certificate and beyond, he said bring every thing one at a time and arrange them on the chair Original-photocopy- photocopy like that. I brought out all the document he asked for except primary school certificate or testimonial and by God's grace I still scaled through.

So I was ushered in asked to sign-in I was number one on that list. Inside the embassy compound the security man asked me to follow a green line painted on the floor to a waiting room, I did got in to the room the security man ushered me into room 4, I went in and met a young dark skin lady as my VO.
She asked me to bring out my documents. I did and presented it to her the way Mr Paulinus arranged it three set original-photocopy-photocopy like that, she asked for two passports (by the way don't staple your passport to the application form use paper clip), I gave her, she asked for the application fee, I brought out the money and gave her, she took my finger prints, she gave me receipt and two documents to confirm if the information on it is correct and sign, which I did .

I presented two international passport to her initially so she asked why do I have two valid passports, I told her the old one did not meet the requirement it won't be valid for 3 months by the time I will be leaving (my old passport was still valid till September 2021 and my program will be rounding up that same period and the requirement is that the passport must cover your period of stay and still have up to 3 months validity by the time you will be leaving), she said ok.

Interview proper.
VO: masters or bsc
Me: masters
VO: what course
Me: Mathematics International
VO: why do you want to study in germany?
Me: I choose germany because germany is known for offering best academic, high quality, practice oriented program and also because of the enjoyable level of freedom, security, rich culture, history and the diversity characterizing it and also because of the opportunity to learn a new language.
(she was typing everything so I had to go slow)
VO: why not US, UK or Canada? Have you applied to any?
Me: yes Canada, because of affordability, it is not affordable for me and also because of the opportunity to learn a new language.
VO: but you can learn French in canada
Me: I'm not aware.
VO: can you tell me some facts about germany.
Me: (I kept on listing the facts because I memorized more than 20 facts until she interrupted and asked the next question)
VO: why not Nigeria?
Me: I began telling her about how the education system in Germany is better compared to that in Nigeria as my reason when she interrupted... she explained
VO: I mean what is wrong with nigeria (education system)
Me: there is no real balance between the practical and the theoretical aspect of a subject matter.
VO: is that all
Me: yes (wished I said more sha)
VO: why mathematics?
Me: because mathematics was the course I majored in during my BSc, so now I want to further and gain more advanced knowledge in the field.
VO: is that all?
Me: Yes
VO: can you speak german?
Me: no
VO: what is the topic of your BSc thesis?
Me: Modeling the dynamics and optimal control of Malaria.
VO: that's all your interview is over, we will contact you, thank you.
She returned my international passports back to me.

Me: thank you, please can I ask two questions.
VO: ok
Me: when I am asked to submit my international passport should I send both passport or just the current one

VO: just one, the current one.
Me: okay, so I booked for appointment using my old passport, hope it won't affect anything.
VO: she said no

I thanked her and took my leave, the securities asked how it went and for money. I gave no one a dime cos I wasn't sure who was watching or if it was a setup or a test.

Mr Paulinus never changeth his gra gra is new every morning, just do what he tell you to do. Drop your strong head and pride at home, the man can make you loose balance, make you disorganized by his shout and commands.

So that is my transcript Winter semester.
God be with you. Good luck.

@Bawz007

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dahyormine(m): 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
stifej:
Dont occupy a space when admission is yet to come... not cool.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Develpeast: 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2019
Good evening everyone,

I have been applying for admission in different universities in germany and I can not seem to get admitted in any. Who can kindly advice me on best possible ways to get admitted because I am really in need of this admission this year.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
The rejections you got...what did the universities state as the reason

Develpeast:
Good evening everyone,

I have been applying for admission in different universities in germany and I can not seem to get admitted in any. Who can kindly advice me on best possible ways to get admitted because I am really in need of this admission this year.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dahyormine(m): 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2019
Develpeast:
Good evening everyone,

are you confirming if the courses are restricted or not?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Develpeast: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2019
Dahyormine:
are you confirming if the courses are restricted or not?
What is wrong if it is restricted.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Develpeast: 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
Fabcol:
The rejections you got...what did the universities state as the reason

Its a bit difficult to remember all their words but something relating to the fact that there are far higher number of applicants for the course i intend applying.

I just need schools that their admission process is quite easy. So that i can gain admission for this winter semester.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Develpeast: 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
Moreso, how much to send copies of your documents to uniassist? dhl or any other courier service companies.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dahyormine(m): 7:04pm On Apr 15, 2019
Develpeast:

Its a bit difficult to remember all their words but something relating to the fact that there are far higher number of applicants for the course i intend applying.
thats exactly where the problem lies, you keep applying to restricted courses, in other words, numerous clauses...
restricted courses are courses with hi rate of applicants, where by the school places a restriction on the number of admitted applicants, let's say 40max in a session or semester.

What to do, when next you are applying, if it not clearly stated on the school site if the desired course is restricted or not, help yourself by asking the course adviser via an email, he's gonna tell you if such course is restricted or not, so that's gonna help you in deciding which to go for...

best regards
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hmm so what's your profile (your bsc course, grade, intended study program, etc) someone in same direction might offer to help

Develpeast:

I just need schools that their admission process is quite easy. So that i can gain admission for this winter semester.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Gregggory: 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2019
GoldHorse:

NYSC is not Compulsory for those that have not "done it". Tell him you don't have it because you have not served or through with "service".

Baptismal is not really Compulsory. Any other old document like former ID cards, drivers license... bearing your details (name, DOB, etc) will do. Take the oldest you can find and if you do not have any you will have to explain why you don't but make sure you go with one to avoid "plenty stressing from Paulinus"

Vaccination documents is not a requirement at all unless it's the one you will be using as proof of "old document"

NOTE: (About the almighty Uncle Paulinus)

Please stop fretting when you are in front of Paulinus. He is reading all these and knows what we say about him here. He does not like it. He said as much. So if you go there and start behaving like you have "heard something" about him and you're shaking all over the place that's when he will pounce on you more. Do not show signs of doubt or trying to be "fastly looking through your documents" in response to his barking out orders. Just calmly sift through as if you know what you are doing even if you don't. Never rush or scatter your papers! When he move to the next person you can calmly as the guy or babe in front what document he requested. You can can use this simple trick. "Gracefully" allow the person at your back (without raising the person suspicion) be in front. angry. Reason? The person will bear the brunt of all the orders and you would have arranged your self before Uncle Paulinus gets to you. Wicked? Well, wetin person go do na? wink. So by the time he is asking you for a document you are already with it or almost with it (because you paid attention to what he ask the person in front to bring). If you let him ruffle you you might not be calm enough for the main thing inside.

Paulinus likes to see that you are calm even when he is shouting. Most of the time he will allow you in if you are calm enough even without some not so essential documents. Don't "show" him you Don hear say hin be terror. cheesy

God Speed!

Thank you so much bro! You have said it all. You guys are doing an awesome job for us here. I pray testimonies fall on us all soon. Danke!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Godsgracee: 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
Please, does Munich gives one or two years permit?
Fabcol:
Depends on your state..
Some state would give you straight two years permit..in this case you don't necessarily need blocking again for the second year...while some state would give u just a year permit and to extend your residence you need show proof of fund(some would accept half BA while some would request full BA)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Develpeast: 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2019
Fabcol:
Hmm so what's your profile (your bsc course, grade, intended study program, etc) someone in same direction might offer to help

mechanical engineering, second class upper division, control engineering, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, mechatronics and other related courses.

i seriously need help. someone should please help
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by HillX(m): 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
stifej:
I would say it depends, while it is not advisable. But on the contrary if you have applied to a course/s with deadline two months back I see no reason why the booking system is showing May which is kinda serial farther it goes. However if you just applying or waiting to apply no need for now. Else u will end up canceling except is rolling admission.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bravesoul247(m): 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
Fabcol:
The first step is to read previous part..start from part 5 and read each pages

Your HND can give you a bachelor's degree easily...getting a Master degree would b very difficult with your hnd and you need more than 1million...you need approximately 4million..except you have a sponsor living and working legally in Germany ready to give you sponsorship letter then your 1mil is more than enough

Use daad.de to search for schools ensure you use the advanced search option to filter your search... Then browse thru each school website for there requirements and procedures

Thanks G

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2019
I read they give two years, I also read its dependent on who you meet the day you go do the permit... The person might be kind enough to give two years or one year

Godsgracee:
Please, does Munich gives one or two years permit?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by GoldHorse(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2019
Gregggory:

Thank you so much bro! You have said it all. You guys are doing an awesome job for us here. I pray testimonies fall on us all soon. Danke!

Amen!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by melto(m): 8:01pm On Apr 15, 2019
Develpeast:

mechanical engineering, second class upper division, control engineering, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, mechatronics and other related courses.

i seriously need help. someone should please help
Apply to deggendorf (industrial engineering maintenance and operation) after 4 semester you can choose automotive
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by melto(m): 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
Guys can someone help me on how convert grade point to ECTS
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Develpeast: 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
melto:

Apply to deggendorf (industrial engineering maintenance and operation) after 4 semester you can choose automotive

Thank you bro. Please can i have more options?

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.