Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (598072 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ndaife: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2019
Harryokoli:
Good Evening House , Does any one have any information about TH Koln.....I applied for two masters courses Natural resource management and renewable energy management.....I want to know if it’s possible to be admitted with a German scale grade of 2.7 because the programs have no restriction....please I need help

Hi Bro, I have interest on that course too in same school, can "English as a medium of instruction" Letter from school serve as a proof of English or must one needs to write TOEFL. again, is it possible to meet up with the application considering d facts that d Deadline is 31st May and via Uni-assist.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ndaife: 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2019
Pls gurus in the house, how do I go about in payment of uni-assist handling fee. Do I need to complete my electronic application first before paying the handling fee.. urgent response needed pls
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Banky933: 11:04pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ndaife:
Pls gurus in the house, how do I go about in payment of uni-assist handling fee. Do I need to complete my electronic application first before paying the handling fee.. urgent response needed pls
Hello. I think you can go ahead and pay, then you have to complete the electronic application before your documents gets to them via post.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by agugu(m): 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ndaife:

Hi Bro, I have interest on that course too in same school, can "English as a medium of instruction" Letter from school serve as a proof of English or must one needs to write TOEFL. again, is it possible to meet up with the application considering d facts that d Deadline is 31st May and via Uni-assist.

they accept Certificate of proficiency in English language from school
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 12:13am On Apr 25, 2019
Harryokoli:
Please if you know of any school that would accept a 2,7 in German Scale. I graduated with a Mechanical Engineering degree....please I would be very grateful if I could get a list of schools
Try university of Duisburg Essen. they offer courses like mechanical engineering ,Automation and control engineering and computational mechanics. it is not restricted. they are German taught courses which means less competition and your admission letter comes with ability to study language for a year plus before enrolling. you don't need to provide German proficiency you can be accepted with 0 knowledge of German language, but you cant enroll for the course till you have B2 and you have a maximum of 4 semesters (2 years) as a language student to achieve B2. Application started April 1st and closes on the 15th of July.
https://www.uni-due(dot)de/ise/curriculum/master(dot)shtml link
replace "dot" with "."

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by TheosLove: 12:36am On Apr 25, 2019
Hello Harryokoli,

I also applied to TH Koln for winter 2019, although only for MSc REM. My documents have been evaluated by Uni-Assist and sent to the university. TH Koln requires up to German scale grade 3.0 to qualify for Masters application, so I want to believe it's possible to be admitted with a German scale grade of 2.7. However there are other indices considered in the application process e.g. Motivational Letter, Research Proposal, English Proficiency, CV etc...

Wishing you all the best in your application!

P.S: I am patiently waiting on my AL

Harryokoli:
Good Evening House , Does any one have any information about TH Koln.....I applied for two masters courses Natural resource management and renewable energy management.....I want to know if it’s possible to be admitted with a German scale grade of 2.7 because the programs have no restriction....please I need help
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 3:44am On Apr 25, 2019
It's actually€75 and €30
For University B you don't need send anything or documents uniassist already have..so check the requirements of University B if there is a new document that wasn't in the first one u sent that requires sending if not then don't send any document

Also check the application form if there is provision for signing.. if there is sign, date and send the form if there isn't then the online application is sufficient (no need sending the form)

Milkbooster:
Please my seniors , i want to know if I will also send another hard copy of my certified certificate to uni assist after have sent the first application £70

What I mean is this
University A £70 with sent documents
University B £35 with or without sent documents?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 4:48am On Apr 25, 2019
Please for those who have applied/applying to deggendorf. 1)Did you use your Nigerian grade/ your converted German grade, in order to fill the grade field for transcript? 2) Did you convert your total credit units to ECTS to fill the ECTS field although there is an option to put 210(for non europeans) & 0 ECTS completed if one did not complete any course in ECTS. Please share how you went about yours.
Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by melto(m): 5:52am On Apr 25, 2019
CallmeFather:
Please for those who have applied/applying to deggendorf. 1)Did you use your Nigerian grade/ your converted German grade, in order to fill the grade field for transcript? 2) Did you convert your total credit units to ECTS to fill the ECTS field although there is an option to put 210(for non europeans) & 0 ECTS completed if one did not complete any course in ECTS. Please share how you went about yours.
Thank you
Click on the question mark you get the information you need. Input the 210 ECTS there
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jaynyra(m): 6:30am On Apr 25, 2019
melto:

Click on the question mark you get the information you need. Input the 210 ECTS there

Charlie.. for bachelors program for this same uni, I'm I to add my 100l transcript GPA? Or should I leave it blank. Also there isn't a place to upload uni transcript, can payment of application be made via MasterCard. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 7:24am On Apr 25, 2019
ollyewa:
. another admission jst dropped , Aachen ( applied geosciences) jst Sent my admission Letter, but I got another admission letter from Frieberg around feb , still wanna decided whc one should I choose , because I heard if you skl in Aachen , you will need to block in your second year but it’s not so in Freiberg...but Aachen is asking me to accept or decline the admission

Congratulations my guy. Without thinking twice, I will advice you to choose Aachen.
Please when did you apply to Aachen?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 7:28am On Apr 25, 2019
DrND:

Same here... Just got RWTH applied geosciences offer for winter start.

Waooo congratulations bro. When did you apply?
Date
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by TheosLove: 7:45am On Apr 25, 2019
I'm not sure the school accept "English as a medium of Instruction" although I applied with "IELTS" in order to be on a safe side and also to boost my requirements for other universities as some don't accept the former. However you can actually find every information you need on TH Koln website.

Also, I think the application deadline for winter 2019 via Uni-Assist is closed for International students. Kindly check the images attached to this post for reference.

All the best in your applications to study in Germany.

Ndaife:

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DrND(m): 8:17am On Apr 25, 2019
Goztino:

Waooo congratulations bro. When did you apply?
Date

Since 13th of December last year.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by samholly(m): 8:26am On Apr 25, 2019
Goztino:

"Academic entry requirements": not checked yet.

I wonder why they are wasting time to check mine when they have given some people admission in the same course. Maybe they applied earlier though

I have seen like 3 guys with admission.God will do yours soon !!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ollyewa: 8:28am On Apr 25, 2019
Goztino:

Congratulations my guy. Without thinking twice, I will advice you to choose Aachen.
Please when did you apply to Aachen?
. Thanks bro , I applied around early Jan .... the skl said I have to come with my Ielts result for my enrollment though the required score is around 5.5 , but I mailed them letting them know as at the time of my application I had Ielts result of 6.5 that was valid but jst got expired 2 weeks ago, but they still insist I should write another one
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DrND(m): 8:43am On Apr 25, 2019
Nuella45:

Please do you think they will release the AM for me since I will learn the german language in germany before start of the study program.

Hi boss @Nuella45 looks like we are the only ones left waiting for AM that applied since February.

Mine is 9 weeks plus. My alien office has confirmed to me via mail that they have agreed to my visa since 2 weeks ago. I have sent several mails to the embassy no response from them not even be patient we are on it. Na wa for them.

So I need advice from the elders in the house. I just got a winter offer from Aachen. So I am thinking of canceling this my summer visa application that is running into the 10th week now.
Then reschedule another appointment with the German embassy for winter.

Or should I still wait for my summer AM. The delay is gradually turning into Sth else.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by legionnaire(m): 8:51am On Apr 25, 2019
Emmanuelson:
Hello sir, I’m applying to computer science program too. Can we go about it together if you
Don’t mind?

Emmanuelson, I have already applied to the school. You will need to send the application by post to Germany. Please do ask questions if you need further clarifications, I would be happy to help!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 25, 2019
melto:

Thank you melto
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by FredUmar: 9:10am On Apr 25, 2019
Anyone in Kiel...pls how is the city and school? Are they lots of student jobs there or would one have to be going to bigger cities for jobs? Pls gurus in Germany Ur opinion is needed
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dayjeee(m): 9:20am On Apr 25, 2019
Good morning team,
very quick one, please is it important one takes English language test for visa interview even when the school does not request for English language test?
thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2019
samholly:

I have seen like 3 guys with admission.God will do yours soon !!

Amen my brother, I believe in God.
Aachen is my most desired school followed by University of Bremen before others. But if desirable is not available I don't mind going any other school. I just don't want to celebrate Christmas this year in Nigeria. I am tired of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 9:33am On Apr 25, 2019
ollyewa:
. Thanks bro , I applied around early Jan .... the skl said I have to come with my Ielts result for my enrollment though the required score is around 5.5 , but I mailed them letting them know as at the time of my application I had Ielts result of 6.5 that was valid but jst got expired 2 weeks ago, but they still insist I should write another one

You should have collected proof of English proficiency from your school and save yourself unnecessary headache.
Aachen accepts proof of English proficiency.

I applied on 23rd February, the same course with you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aduku1(m): 9:34am On Apr 25, 2019
dayjeee:
Good morning team,
very quick one, please is it important one takes English language test for visa interview even when the school does not request for English language test?
thanks

No not necessary!!!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by naijaobi(m): 9:38am On Apr 25, 2019
dayjeee:
Good morning team,
thanks
No sir.. was it stated on the embassy website??
But then I'm sure every school will require you prove you know English.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by naijaobi(m): 9:45am On Apr 25, 2019
FredUmar:
Anyone in Kiel...pls how is the city and school? Are they lots of student jobs there or would one have to be going to bigger cities for jobs? Pls gurus in Germany Ur opinion is needed
Everyone's experience is different sir.
All German schools are up to standard. The city is nice and close to Hamburg. You need to settle down first in the city before talking about jobs. One thing is certain, you'll always find jobs.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 9:50am On Apr 25, 2019
DrND:

Since 13th of December last year.

Waoooo. That's really long o o o.
I am patiently waiting for them shaa
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by naijaobi(m): 9:51am On Apr 25, 2019
Harryokoli:
Please if you know of any school that would accept a 2,7 in German Scale. I graduated with a Mechanical Engineering degree....please I would be very grateful if I could get a list of schools
Sir, In Germany, this is a clear form of laziness.. Don't expect anyone to spoon feed you..
Do the search..
mastersportal.eu is the right place to start from.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by FredUmar: 10:01am On Apr 25, 2019
naijaobi:

Everyone's experience is different sir.
All German schools are up to standard. The city is nice and close to Hamburg. You need to settle down first in the city before talking about jobs. One thing is certain, you'll always find jobs.

Thanks for your response..I have reasons for asking specifically about Kiel...am not talking about the school standard..I just need people there or who have friends in Kiel to share their experience about the city..I just need to hear from students there?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Emmanuelson(m): 10:41am On Apr 25, 2019
Oh thanks bro I’m planning on applying soon...which other schools did you apply to for computer science or related courses?

legionnaire:

Emmanuelson, I have already applied to the school. You will need to send the application by post to Germany. Please do ask questions if you need further clarifications, I would be happy to help!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Harryokoli: 11:48am On Apr 25, 2019
naijaobi:

Sir, In Germany, this is a clear form of laziness.. Don't expect anyone to spoon feed you..
Do the search..
mastersportal.eu is the right place to start from.

Thanks for your reply but I know this is Nairaland and not Germany land ........I use the word IF to ask my question
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Harryokoli: 11:50am On Apr 25, 2019
TheosLove:
Hello Harryokoli,

I also applied to TH Koln for winter 2019, although only for MSc REM. My documents have been evaluated by Uni-Assist and sent to the university. TH Koln requires up to German scale grade 3.0 to qualify for Masters application, so I want to believe it's possible to be admitted with a German scale grade of 2.7. However there are other indices considered in the application process e.g. Motivational Letter, Research Proposal, English Proficiency, CV etc...

Wishing you all the best in your application!

P.S: I am patiently waiting on my AL

Thanks for your reply.... Hopefully everything would turn out positive

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.