Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,902 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (594844 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Iambarristerayo: 11:34am On Apr 28, 2019
Okonsss:
Finally, my journey to Germany has just started. I have some few questions guys.
1. What will this money in the blocked account be used for?
What if an applicant wasn't given a visa, what will happen to the money? Can I withdraw all the money in the account and send it back to my people in Nigeria?
2. Are there schools with law related courses. I am a lawyer to be and I wish to go for my masters programme?
3. I don't understand German, can I survive in Germany?

4. Things are hard in the country, like how much is monthly accommodation in Berlin or other cities?
5. After my 1 year programme hope they won't send me back to Nigeria like in the UK ��?

Anyone with answers biko...

There many courses you can do as a lawyer .there is masters of laws in iT law and intellectual property .double masters issued both in Germany and Norway ,you can also go for European legal system .those are the courses I applied for still expecting admission .also after your one year course you will be given almost two years to residence permit and you can look for job or rather do your PhD.for the money in the block account once you meet the criteria and you satisfy the embassy you will receive your visa always be positive minded .please take note that only sum of 720 eur will be released to you monthly from your blocked account to assist you while u get a job or not or meet your daily needs .i always advice you ensure you do internship even when it’s optional as it counts when u are looking for job .worry not there are some places they even issue 2 years like Hannover .while you should start early ass admission deadline is 31st May for winter admission
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Okonsss: 11:37am On Apr 28, 2019
aodiba:

Lemme try
1a. It's for your upkeep for a year. So it's your money
b. You will apply to get your money back
c. No you cannot. You are paid 720 Euro monthly
2. Yeah sure. Law courses are in German but you will find English taught courses that are related
3. You can. But you are strongly advised to learn the language.
4. Accommodation is dependent on location. So you first need to get admission and know the city you are heading to.
5. Most Masters courses are 4 semesters (some 3) you get 18 months to look for a related job....
Hope I was able to help.

Shalom
you mean after my studies, I will get 18 months to stay back in Germany to look for job? ��
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Okonsss: 11:40am On Apr 28, 2019
Iambarristerayo:

There many courses you can do as a lawyer .there is masters of laws in iT law and intellectual property .double masters issued both in Germany and Norway ,you can also go for European legal system .those are the courses I applied for still expecting admission .also after your one year course you will be given almost two years to residence permit and you can look for job or rather do your PhD.for the money in the block account once you meet the criteria and you satisfy the embassy you will receive your visa always be positive minded .please take note that only sum of 720 eur will be released to you monthly from your blocked account to assist you while u get a job or not or meet your daily needs .i always advice you ensure you do internship even when it’s optional as it counts when u are looking for job .worry not there are some places they even issue 2 years like Hannover .while you should start early ass admission deadline is 31st May .
Thank you so much senior colleague. My bar finals is few months from now... Tips to ace the exam will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Basalt(m): 11:43am On Apr 28, 2019
Okonsss:
Finally, my journey to Germany has just started. I have some few questions guys.
1. What will this money in the blocked account be used for?
What if an applicant wasn't given a visa, what will happen to the money? Can I withdraw all the money in the account and send it back to my people in Nigeria?
2. Are there schools with law related courses. I am a lawyer to be and I wish to go for my masters programme?
3. I don't understand German, can I survive in Germany?
4. Things are hard in the country, like how much is monthly accommodation in Berlin or other cities?
5. After my 1 year programme hope they won't send me back to Nigeria like in the UK ��?

Anyone with answers biko...

Lol. All these five questions especially the last one show that you have not done any research about Germany or even read previous posts at all.
But let me answer to the best of my knowledge.

1. The Block account is a proof of financial buoyancy. It's still your money and will be given back to you when you reach Germany but you have to understand that it won't be given to you completely at once. It will be given to you in parts every month usually 720 euro for a whole year. If you don't get visa, you can apply for a refund using your rejection as evidence. Its not an issue at all.

2. Yes, they are schools offering law for MSc but they usually teach with German and demands high German fluency before even giving you admission.
Same for most other professional courses like medicine and even civil engineering.

3. You don't understand Germany, then you must be willing to learn it and learn it with high fluency to practice law in Germany.

4. It takes a Nigerian with high sense of discipline and financial management about 500 to 700 euros every month to survive in Germany.

5. First of all, no msc in Germany is for one year.
Its mainly 2 years but some people don't even finish within that 2 years sef.
After your masters, you will be given just 18 months to look for job related to your work.
If you are fortunate to get one (which usually demands knowledge of German ) then you can apply for blue card and work towards permanent residency.
If you are unfortunate to get any job related to your field which guarantees your stay in Germany, then you be kicked out of Germany back to your country.

Many people who could not get job in order to continue staying in Germany will gladly start another masters program or start PhD just to avoid coming back to this shitthole of a country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Okonsss: 11:50am On Apr 28, 2019
Basalt:

Lol. All these five questions especially the last one show that you have not done any research about Germany or even read previous posts at all.
But let me answer to the best of my knowledge.

1. The Block account is a proof of financial buoyancy. It's still your money and will be given back to you when you reach Germany but you have to understand that it won't be given to you completely at once. It will be given to you in parts every month usually 720 euro for a whole year. If you don't get visa, you can apply for a refund using your rejection as evidence. Its not an issue at all.

2. Yes, they are schools offering law for MSc but they usually teach with German and demands high German fluency before even giving you admission.
Same for most other professional courses like medicine and even civil engineering.

3. You don't understand Germany, then you must be willing to learn it and learn it with high fluency to practice law in Germany.

4. It takes a Nigerian with high sense of discipline and financial management about 500 to 700 euros every month to survive in Germany.

5. First of all, no msc in Germany is for one year.
Its mainly 2 years but some people don't even finish within that 2 years sef.
After your masters, you will be given just 18 months to look for job related to your work.
If you are fortunate to get one (which usually demands knowledge of German ) then you can apply for blue card and work towards permanent residency.
If you are unfortunate to get any job related to your field which guarantees your stay in Germany, then you be kicked out of Germany back to your country.

Many people who could not get job in order to continue staying in Germany will gladly start another masters program or start PhD just to avoid coming back to this shitthole of a country
. Chai... High proficiency in German ke... Who sent me to study law bayii. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by mychellin: 11:55am On Apr 28, 2019
Dlimitbreaker:

1.Pls when is you resumption date..
2. Do u have an idea of the last date for student visa application in german embassy Nigeria of sept 2019/2020 section.
3. What and what document did you send to book your visa appointment.
4. If some one is to resume in sept 2019.When Is it best to apply for visa

1. Sorry, it was not a visa interview mail as I thought.
The page has jus gotten to Jun for interview. We should keep pushing
2. The best time is now to get date for Jun or early Jul. Rmba you have a month of expectation of MA after interview considering your Sept resumption.
3. Visa interview appointment is now through portal
4. As explain on ans 2

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by mychellin: 11:57am On Apr 28, 2019
Nonsoanthony:

please how did you do that? to even select the date you want? please enlighten us we need to know this your method..

Sorry, it wasn't a visa appointment mail as thought.

We should just keep pushing.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by enibal(f): 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hello Everyone, please who can help as regards accommodation in Frankfurt. I need suggestions on how to get an affordable accommodation. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aduku1(m): 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2019
Okonsss:
at last... All I have been seeing so far are science related course applicants. Are there no Arts related courses for masters in Germany? Anything law related please?

There are art related course but even if u get admission, it may be difficult for you to convince the visa officer on why u are switching from law to art related courses.

Also there are masters of law courses in germany but over 97% of them are with tuition fee the few 3% that are free are taught in german and very restricted(meaning the admission space is limited)

The ones taught is english language are with tuition fee with an average of 5000euros, you maybe lucky to see that of 3000euro but admission is very restricted still.

So if you are looking to do your masters in germany, u do not only look for the 8829euro for block account but also tuition fee like i have said.

Goidluck on your search!!!!
Germa place to study!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ajibolaoi: 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2019
Good day my People. Pls kindly help and guide me tru. I already got my admission letter for september resumption, i intend to use a sponsor letter for my financial capacity. All my neccessary documents are ready except the sponsor letter i am waiting for from my family in Germany. My question is this, can i go ahead and book for interview appointment while waiting for my sponsor letter.

If yes, please wat are the other documents and proceedure i need to book a date for interview.

Pls some should kindly answer my question. I am a new baby here. I beg oooo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aduku1(m): 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ajibolaoi:
Good day my People. Pls kindly help and guide me tru. I already got my admission letter for september resumption, i intend to use a sponsor letter for my financial capacity. All my neccessary documents are ready except the sponsor letter i am waiting for from my family in Germany. My question is this, can i go ahead and book for interview appointment while waiting for my sponsor letter.

If yes, please wat are the other documents and proceedure i need to book a date for interview.

Pls some should kindly answer my question. I am a new baby here. I beg oooo

Yea, you can go ahead to book an interview date, dates are now in june so surely ur sponsorship letter can be ready before then if ur sponsor hasten up.

You only need ur full name, email and passport number to book an interview appointment.

Below is the website to book
https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/appointment_showMonth.do?locationCode=lago&realmId=347&categoryId=654
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Milkbooster: 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2019
Please how much is the cost of sending Do from Nigeria to Germany via Nipost
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ndaife:
Guys pls someone told me I made a mistake by certifying my documents @ IMO state High court. He said my documents will be rejected. Pls guys how true is this??, even the school I'm applying to seriously warn against certifying in an unrecognized institution. Where else can someone do legit certification aside German embassy
Below is the picture of one I did at IMO state High court.. Pls I need your advice as I don't want to ruin my chances.

I used the same state high court certification, exactly the same as yours and it was gladly accepted. kindly go through the application process on the school website and check out for specifics if any, that should give you an indication of what to do.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2019
enibal:
Hello Everyone, please who can help as regards accommodation in Frankfurt. I need suggestions on how to get an affordable accommodation. Thanks
Contact @pizzule . He schools there

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Okonsss: 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2019
Thank you so much guys. So I conducted a search and I found out that most universities in Germany collect close to 9000 euros fees for their masters in law- LL.M.
The cheapest I found is University of cologne - 8000 euros and it's fully English teaching.
So after following this page for ages, I guess Germany ain't meant for us.
Thank you guys for the info and assistance so far.
In case, you know any school with free tuition or a subsidised tuition for masters in law please don't hesitate to update the page.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by heybaby12(f): 1:43pm On Apr 28, 2019
It depends on what your school requests. Make sure you stick with that. I used Magistrate court and got the admission(Then the school never open eye) . So it matters for some and others it doesn't.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aduku1(m): 1:48pm On Apr 28, 2019
Okonsss:
Thank you so much guys. So I conducted a search and I found out that most universities in Germany collect close to 9000 euros fees for their masters in law- LL.M.
The cheapest I found is University of cologne - 8000 euros and it's fully English teaching.
So after following this page for ages, I guess Germany ain't meant for us.
Thank you guys for the info and assistance so far.
In case, you know any school with free tuition or a subsidised tuition for masters in law please don't hesitate to update the page.

Like i told u!!!! But i know of two that is within 5500. But its still way cheaper than law school in US and even some canadian university except u have a scholarship attached to it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Basalt(m): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2019
Okonsss:
. Chai... High proficiency in German ke... Who sent me to study law bayii. Thank you very much.

Law is good na. At least you will be sueing people anyhow
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Okonsss: 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2019
aduku1:

Like i told u!!!! But i know of two that is within 5500 euros
oh my God � � �. This is unfair 5500 euros plus 8000 euros for blocked account.. Ah � ah, that's wrecking.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Okonsss: 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2019
Basalt:

Law is good na. At least you will be sueing people anyhow
. You are mocking me bro �. Sue the wrong person in Nigeria and they visit you at night. I don't want to sue in Nigeria
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sukercroatia9: 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2019
keezoomaan:
Good evening every one,

who is waiting to for collection of travel Documents & visa (passport ).after getting AM?

I am oo. Traveling to gottingen. Wer u going to. Chat me 08030955223

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
heybaby12:
It depends on what your school requests. Make sure you stick with that. I used Magistrate court and got the admission(Then the school never open eye) . So it matters for some and others it doesn't.

Freshest, how VA?.... Hope your journey was stress free wink
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Basalt(m): 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2019
Okonsss:
. You are mocking me bro �. Sue the wrong person in Nigeria and they visit you at night. I don't want to sue in Nigeria

Hahahaaha
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Basalt(m): 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2019
Okonsss:
oh my God � � �. This is unfair 5500 euros plus 8000 euros for blocked account.. Ah � ah, that's wrecking.

Block account is not 8000 euro o o o.
About 8800 euros plus 5500 for your tuition plus pocket money wey you go hold for hand before you enter Deutschland (Germany) because block account nogo dey unblocked immediately so you have to be eating before then plus the money for your flight which is almost #300,000

E no easy my brother
grin grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by enibal(f): 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
Philfit:

Contact @pizzule . He schools there

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Okonsss: 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Basalt:

Block account is not 8000 euro o o o.
About 8800 euros plus 5500 for your tuition plus pocket money wey you go hold for hand before you enter Deutschland (Germany) because block account nogo dey unblocked immediately so you have to be eating before then plus the money for your flight which is almost #300,000

E no easy my brother
grin grin
I lose hope... Let me try UNILAG.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by heybaby12(f): 4:02pm On Apr 28, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Freshest, how VA?.... Hope your journey was stress free wink

Thanks dear, it was nice.
Your stuff should have gotten to it's destination yesterday.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2019
heybaby12:

Thanks dear, it was nice.
Your stuff should have gotten to it's destination yesterday.

Wow... God bless you!!!!!! Na me the owe you now oh...

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.