Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (595622 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Tommynaku: 12:24am On May 07, 2019
I carefully studied the new booking system and am of the opinion that Category A is basically for students with good command of GERMAN LANGUAGE. Students who may have passed these Tests(1,2,3) and students that have a German degree (4) with good grades.
I strongly believe that Cat A is purely a LANGUAGE thing. Just ma view cool shocked

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Qpetz: 12:33am On May 07, 2019
Milkbooster:
For DIT applicant , will be sending my document on Wednesday , we re 2 already, more people are welcome . 08130795771

I thought that application is online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Immafrank: 12:38am On May 07, 2019
Greeting Everyone,

So i noticed that they changed the appointment booking process yesterday.
I believe most of the students here belong to Category B.

If you know you dont have a scholarship, a German language proficiency certificate whether B2, B1 from Goethe, a TestAS, A masters degree admission also DSH course-related admission to the Masters program (this means writing a DSH exam before you can enrol for the masters program and you must have had an existing Knowledge of German Language because DSH or "Deutsche Sprachprufung fur den Hochschulzugang auslandischer Studienbewerber” is a language examination, which tests the German language proficiency of students who wish to apply at higher education institutions in Germany. The DSH examination is only administered at German Universities so the embassy needs proof that you will write a DSH in other for you to enrol or start the Masters program you got admitted to). IF you dont have all these credentials, you are for Category B.

If you also have a masters degree admission which is in English and it doesnt require a proof of German language for you to enrol or study it BUT you have a good B1 and B2 certificate from Goethe, you can also book for Category A. I believe category A will be treated with high priority because it also involves scholarship candidates. This is my interpretation of the whole new booking appointment stuff because it is straight forward for me.

Furthermore, if you are so sure you will be getting an admission in 2 months or less after a week or two weeks you applied, or have deferred your summer semester admission to winter 2019 and you are expecting your new admission letter, it will be advisable to book appointment ahead. You have to strategize everything because they are making appointment booking more difficult due to the high numbers of Student visa applicants in Nigeria. For example, if you apply to a master course, lets say Leibniz Universitat, you can email your course coordinator to ask when they will be giving out admission that you are asking this due to the difficulties in booking a student visa appointments due to the large numbers of students and that you have to book ahead (i have done this before and they told me the exact time they will give the admission because the universities too knows that you need a visa to enter Germany and it can takes a while before getting the visa and thats why some universities advises students to always apply few months to the deadline so they can have a decision early) though not all the universities have nice course coordinators but some are cool. The university of Bonn releases admission letter late for the master course in Geodetic Engineering but maybe thing have changed with them.

So please strategize and book appointment ahead if you know what you are doing and you are very very very sure you will get an admission between 2 months or less. I will say people that applied through Uni Assist should book an appointment immediately they get their evaluation and the documents have been sent to the schools for decisions. In the confirmation email the embassy will send to you after your make a reservation online, stating your reference number, passport number, blah blah blah, there is a link to cancel your reservation incase you later have a rejection. But why will you be rejected if you got the criteria??... and that is why its good to apply to many universities as possible esp to non restricted courses and also application to smaller universities in smaller cities. Some universities are always happy international students are applying to their courses

I wish y'all the very best.
Bless up

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by campichristian(m): 12:45am On May 07, 2019
Fabcol:
Not at all
You are 100% good to go

Alright thanks Fabcol... And yes Congratulation to you bro! MissNk Congratulations to you too

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Johnnyessence(m): 1:07am On May 07, 2019
AbahJosiah:

Not mail, the booking system on the embassy website.
OK good. Thanks for your reply .
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by richgut: 1:22am On May 07, 2019
see what they call online booking system - its a disaster!...I life in Abuja. Appointments in Abudja are......A whole German embassy! booking system looking like what was created by an illiterate . Buy grammarly - paulinus no go gree..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 5:19am On May 07, 2019
Immafrank:
Greeting Everyone,

If you know you dont have a scholarship, a German language proficiency certificate whether B2, B1 from Goethe, a TestAS, A masters degree admission also DSH course-related admission to the Masters program (this means writing a DSH exam before you can enrol for the masters program and you must have had an existing Knowledge of German Language because DSH or "Deutsche Sprachprufung fur den Hochschulzugang auslandischer Studienbewerber” is a language examination, which tests the German language proficiency of students who wish to apply at higher education institutions in Germany. The DSH examination is only administered at German Universities so the embassy needs proof that you will write a DSH in other for you to enrol or start the Masters program you got admitted to). IF you dont have all these credentials, you are for Category B.

If you also have a masters degree admission which is in English and it doesnt require a proof of German language for you to enrol or study it BUT you have a good B1 and B2 certificate from Goethe, you can also book for Category A. I believe category A will be treated with high priority because it also involves scholarship candidates. This is my interpretation of the whole new booking appointment stuff because it is straight forward for me.

Furthermore, if you are so sure you will be getting an admission in 2 months after a week or two weeks you applied, or have deferred your summer semester admission to winter 2019 and you are expecting your new admission letter, it will be advisable to book appointment ahead. You have to strategize everything because they are making appointment booking more difficult due to the high numbers of Student visa applicants in Nigeria. For example, if you apply to a master course, lets say Leibniz Universitat, you can email your course coordinator to ask when they will be giving out admission that you are asking this due to the difficulties in booking a student visa interview and that you have to book ahead (i have done this before and they told me the exact time they will give the admission because the universities too knows that you need a visa to enter Germany and it can takes a while before getting the visa and thats why some universities advises students to always apply few months to the deadline so they can have a decision early) though not all the universities have nice course coordinators but some are cool. The university of Bonn releases admission letter late for the master course in Geodetic Engineering but maybe they have changed.

So please strategize and book appointment ahead if you know what you are doing and you are very very very sure you will get an admission between 2 months. I will say people that applied through Uni Assist should book an appointment immediately they get their evaluation and the documents have been sent to the schools for decisions. In the confirmation email the embassy will send to you after your make a reservation online, stating your reference number, passport number, blah blah blah, there is a link to cancel your reservation incase you later have a rejection. But why will you be rejected if you got the criteria??... and that is why its good to apply to many universities as possible esp to non restricted courses and also application to smaller universities in smaller cities.

Bless up

U gave nice suggestions.
On the contrary, the 2-3 months is only speculative,an estimate. There's is no guarantee that u will wait that long. Similar to the email booking, there's a high possibility of getting nearer dates like the next week if they see a vacuum. So what am saying is that we should only book when our AL is out.
I agree we all fall in Category B.
Is less than 10% of applicants will be fit for category A.
The fact also that ur AL was still not requested ahead of booking means is no point saying d would be checking resumption deadlines to give dates.
Then lastly, appointment dates are in June now, 2-3 months ahead of ur deadline still fall in place for people going September/October.

#Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 6:08am On May 07, 2019
Lol
But you know English isn't there language

richgut:
see what they call online booking system - its a disaster!...I life in Abuja. Appointments in Abudja are......A whole German embassy! booking system looking like what was created by an illiterate . Buy grammarly - paulinus no go gree..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Milkbooster: 6:27am On May 07, 2019
Qpetz:

I thought that application is online.

Yes you will have to send hard copy too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dlimitbreaker: 6:30am On May 07, 2019
richgut:

Sincerely this was my major confusion, i dont "live in abuja" i live in lagos" .. 2.. I have AL already.. My course is in english ... I can as well learn german over there in the school for 6 month according to the school site , there is a language school, planned to block in 3 weeks time.. Pls where do i belong. A or B.. School resumes sept 2019..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Horlaarsco: 6:53am On May 07, 2019
cjall:

I also have HND plus PGD and have been able to get admission twice. Just BA holding me from being in Germany. So it's possible to get MSc admission.

bsc or pgd
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by oluwafemi88: 6:53am On May 07, 2019
Morning bro
Pls I want to pay my handling fee today
Which way is better
Bank transfer
Credit card just want to reduce cost and I need a fast approach
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 6:55am On May 07, 2019
Dlimitbreaker:

Sincerely this was my major confusion, i dont "live in abuja" i live in lagos" .. 2.. I have AL already.. My course is in english ... I can as well learn german over there in the school for 6 month according to the school site , there is a language school, planned to block in 3 weeks time.. Pls where do i belong. A or B.. School resumes sept 2019..
except you have scholarship you belong to B
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adeniyii2017: 7:41am On May 07, 2019
So many good analysis regarding the two categories but like someone rightly pointed out, I’ll repeat the same:
IF you don’t have scholarship, you automatically fall in category B. It is compulsory from the form and must be ticked to get registered.
Remember, it was stated that you will not be allowed if you pick the wrong category. As at yesterday when I registered, only the last two digit was different and I got seventy something despite early discovery.
If you have picked A without scholarship, go to your email and click the cancellation link before it’s too late. There are lots of people applying, not only those on NL.
The earlier the better, before the last three digit start changing.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sedatylo(m): 8:01am On May 07, 2019
chekz169:
The interview booking link I got here is no longer working. I don’t know if it’s broken
First photo: is the screenshot of what the booking link I got here is now showing
Second photo: is Category B (Registration to apply for a long term visa (more than 90 days) for students of the category B
The Link in the first Photo doesnt work anymore bro.
The link in the second photo is what they use now
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Saswuatch: 8:01am On May 07, 2019
Hi guys, I think the new booking system for the German embassy is still in the works. I believe the Category A is for students that already have a good command of the German language or at least have admission to study a course that would guarantee them studying the German language. However I noticed that you can't book for a Category A Visa appointment via the website without ticking the box stating that you have received a scholarship from a German organization. So my issue is, I think the Category A is solely for students that have obtained a scholarship.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kamps: 8:23am On May 07, 2019
Milkbooster:

Yes you will have to send hard copy too

Bros, if it is the same DIT Deggendorf that I applied to.. You don't need to send any documents...Check the requirements again
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Reichtum(m): 8:35am On May 07, 2019
Dahyormine:
Nice tips... what about someone in the late 20s going for another Bachelor, does the age matter or not?
That is not a problem cheesy
Your motivation letter stating your reason for another BSc matters alot.
Most VO will focus on:
why do you intend to study this course?
How will it help you and the society?

What if you are asked why not MSc?
Read transcripts of others you will notice that some were not qualified for MSc that is why they intend to study another BSc.
If you feel you qualify for MSc but like to study another BSc, then there is no need to panic. You have an advantage. You can secure MSc admission and use it for interview.
Alternatively, secure an MSc admission and proceed with your BSc AL. During interview let the VO know that you actually had MSc admission but this is the reason why you chose BSc instead MSc. This will convince the VO that you are not seeking an easy way out since you have both ALs.

#tip: Just be yourself and be straightforward. Germany is a straighforward country.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jaynyra(m): 8:35am On May 07, 2019
Hello... In some previous post I asked if my vocational Qualification from City and Guilds of London Institute was okay to apply since my diplomas are equivalent to HND in UK, so I gave it a try and I checked the website this morning and I saw ok on the status, does it mean the diplomas have been accepted by deggendorf as a cover up for bachelors? Because I remember in an earlier post someone said deggendorf rejected his yabatech transcript

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jaynyra(m): 8:39am On May 07, 2019
Jaynyra:
Hello... In some previous post I asked if my vocational Qualification from City and Guilds of London Institute was okay to apply since my diplomas are equivalent to HND in UK, so I gave it a try and I checked the website this morning and I saw ok on the status, does it mean the diplomas have been accepted by deggendorf as a cover up for bachelors? Because I remember in an earlier post someone said deggendorf rejected his yabatech transcript

I am applying for Bachelors Industrial maintenance
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jaynyra(m): 8:49am On May 07, 2019
ladyb4sure:
This was what Deggendorf wrote on my Yabatech Certificate upload. Even Uni-assist certified my credentials now this so called Denggendorf can't. Am tired of them.

Bros it seems u uploaded the transcript in the wrong section

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Frias: 8:59am On May 07, 2019
ajeleseujn:

I think your name on other documents normalise the whole thing. Go ahead with your booking bro.

And if you still feel scared, you can get a court affidavit concerning that.

All the best

I appreciate Bro.
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bleuocean: 9:00am On May 07, 2019
Immafrank:
Greeting Everyone,

Furthermore, if you are so sure you will be getting an admission in 2 months after a week or two weeks you applied, or have deferred your summer semester admission to winter 2019 and you are expecting your new admission letter, it will be advisable to book appointment ahead. You have to strategize everything because they are making appointment booking more difficult due to the high numbers of Student visa applicants in Nigeria. For example, if you apply to a master course, lets say Leibniz Universitat, you can email your course coordinator to ask when they will be giving out admission that you are asking this due to the difficulties in booking a student visa interview and that you have to book ahead (i have done this before and they told me the exact time they will give the admission because the universities too knows that you need a visa to enter Germany and it can takes a while before getting the visa and thats why some universities advises students to always apply few months to the deadline so they can have a decision early) though not all the universities have nice course coordinators but some are cool. The university of Bonn releases admission letter late for the master course in Geodetic Engineering but maybe they have changed.

So please strategize and book appointment ahead if you know what you are doing and you are very very very sure you will get an admission between 2 months. I will say people that applied through Uni Assist should book an appointment immediately they get their evaluation and the documents have been sent to the schools for decisions. In the confirmation email the embassy will send to you after your make a reservation online, stating your reference number, passport number, blah blah blah, there is a link to cancel your reservation incase you later have a rejection. But why will you be rejected if you got the criteria??... and that is why its good to apply to many universities as possible esp to non restricted courses and also application to smaller universities in smaller cities.

Bless up

is risky booking appointment in advance when you have no admission letter at hand cos of what I saw on their website below

"In order to avoid any malpractice only one appointment can be booked per person. In case you do not show up on the day of your interview the Consulate General has the right to bar further bookings for a period of up to 6 months."

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chimax1(m): 9:03am On May 07, 2019
Does the new appointment booking system mean we have to book now in anticipation of interview date in the next 2 to 3 months?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Frias: 9:05am On May 07, 2019
ajeleseujn:

I think your name on other documents normalise the whole thing. Go ahead with your booking bro.

And if you still feel scared, you can get a court affidavit concerning that.

All the best

I appreciate Bro.

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by melto(m): 9:12am On May 07, 2019
Jaynyra:

Bros it seems u uploaded the transcript in the wrong section

Upload the original
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 9:21am On May 07, 2019
richgut:
Bros if you live in Abuja you can do your interview at the Abuja embassy. With less hassle. You can go to the embassy to enquire
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by iblion: 9:40am On May 07, 2019
hi guys, is it safe to book appointment without AL now?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chy73(f): 9:47am On May 07, 2019
iblion:
hi guys, is it safe to book appointment without AL now?

God help you when they give you next 2weeks or next week as your appointment date
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ajeleseujn(m): 9:53am On May 07, 2019
chy73:

God help you when they give you next 2weeks or next week as your appointment date

grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by tsmith1(m): 9:55am On May 07, 2019
Adeniyii2017:
There are lots of people applying, not only those on NL.
The earlier the better, before the last three digit start changing.

What date did you get, boss?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Meddyakki: 10:02am On May 07, 2019
Please who has idea of how long it would take transfering on'es document from Wurzburg to Munich. I was admitted to Wurzburg but after visa got admitted to TUM. I need to start working Asap. That's the condition to stamp my work permit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.