Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (601116 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 8:19am On May 13, 2019
odimbannamdi:

My background too is Biological - Microbiology precisely. Oh! You are going for B.Sc? I will research on the course/school tl know if it is offered in M.Sc

they have medical informatics, MSc
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dahyormine(m): 8:26am On May 13, 2019
tsmith1:

Guten abend, Jeder.

Amidst the tension of awaiting ALs, Visa Appointments and AMs, its good to know this space can be a medium of immense comic relief as well.

@amihbkt767676: I'd just add to what the two options that've been given. Generally, it depends on school. it can be issued from the Registrar's office to Admissions and Exams and Records, just ask around what office issues it in your school.

Also, English departments (and, sometimes, Department of Linguistics) in few Nigerian institutions have standardized tests, conducted at a very cheap rate, sometimes even free, compared to the international likes of TOEFL and IELTS, which can serve the purpose of EPL as well. I heard some of these departments can even arrange the teat for an outsider (someone from outside the school), but not sure about this.

So, go to your school, ask around and know what obtains and consider the purpose for which you want to use the letter as well (what do they want exactly).

Viel Glück.
This is exactly what I did, in English dept, UI...

I paid a sum of 2k and I sat for the test, I received my certificate the second day... I believe outsiders can be allowed as well so far he has a proof of being a graduate.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Doktajay5: 8:36am On May 13, 2019
toyosi07:
Hello, I graduated with a second class upper and I have already been given AL from goettingen but I do not have scholarship from a german organisation.. so for the visa appointment, do I fall under category A or B?

U r qualified for A. Apply via A.... If u have a 1st degree with btw 1st - 2nd class lower and with an Msc AL. U r just goo to go.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by tsmith1(m): 8:41am On May 13, 2019
Doktajay5:

U r qualified for A. Apply via A.... If u have a 1st degree with btw 1st - 2nd class lower and with an Msc AL. U r just goo to go.

He doesn't without a scholarship and this has been emphasized and explained several times here. Also, @Banky9333 just rightly told him what category he belongs.

without scholarship, na category BBBbBBBBbBBBBbBBBBBbBabBbB

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ejighikepat(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2019
Doktajay5:

holding a bachelor's degree with a grade of 1. Class - 2. Lower Class and being accepted for a master's degree (also a DSH course-related admission to the master's program) or PhD study in Germany

This section on the A-list simply means you are eligible to book your visa appointment from First class to second class graduate with (lower Division) hence you were admitted on the bases of having a DSH

DSH is a German Language Proficiency report form
Just like IELTS TOEFL

If he/she does not meet with the above mentioned, then you belong to category-B

Pls do not be misled

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by pringles212(m): 9:55am On May 13, 2019
Good morning everyone, please who is presently schooling in FSU Jena. I need to make some inquiries.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DavisBloom(m): 10:27am On May 13, 2019
Chriswazo:

wink grin
1st year transcripts that's riddled with F's actually need prayers and God's favor
I was actually rejected last year cos I failed a course that I retook and passed but d program coordinator was not really detailed with my transcripts, by the time I appealed, it was late cos it has passed July 15.
Tamara Kroll the coordinator then wrote me to apply this year as early as 15th April when d application starts.
I wrote this to show u how difficult it will be since u didn't retake the exams and then secondly, someone else complained his transcript was rejected cos he failed a course that he actually passed subsequently, learn from my experience, Appeal now time is sufficient.

Wish you all the best of luck sir
What bout applying to other schools that uses uniassist, would it be same response as DIT?

And when you reapplied this year, was the passed course now included in ur transcript?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 10:32am On May 13, 2019
DavisBloom:

What bout applying to other schools that uses uniassist, would it be same response as DIT?

And when you reapplied this year, was the passed course now included in ur transcript?

I’ve learnt on this thread that no matter what anyone tells you always try for yourself.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DavisBloom(m): 10:39am On May 13, 2019
X36DD:

I’ve learnt on this thread that no matter what anyone tells you always try for yourself.
Yeah you're right
I'm still asking jst to know the right thing to do, instead of wasting 75 euros and more
Cos i have similar issue, I failed a course in my yr1
If mailing the Tamara kroll b4 or after application ll make a difference
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Legacy666(f): 10:43am On May 13, 2019
heybaby12:
For those ppl crying for just the little wait for AL , you better take a chill pill oh!!! The second name for this German waka na Patience.

...Waiting for AL
...Waiting for Visa appointment
...Waiting for AM (N.a. this one you go remember your maker)
...Waiting for your passport after AM.

So you see, You need to learn how to be patient and get yourself busy learning the language . Ok!

Good luck guys and babes.

Hi heybaby, I'm still waiting for your response. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 10:58am On May 13, 2019
DavisBloom:

nothing changed with my transcript, had no issue with Uni-assist or any other school i have applied too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DavisBloom(m): 11:12am On May 13, 2019
Chriswazo:

nothing changed with my transcript, had no issue with Uni-assist or any other school i have applied too
Please which schools have given u admission apart from DIT??
and do u advice I mail Tamara b4 or after application?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 11:59am On May 13, 2019
DavisBloom:

Yeah you're right
I'm still asking jst to know the right thing to do, instead of wasting 75 euros and more
Cos i have similar issue, I failed a course in my yr1
If mailing the Tamara kroll b4 or after application ll make a difference

Mail before
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by smokers: 12:55pm On May 13, 2019
please house i am trying to apply for university of jena msc microbiology. when it comes to the point to pick subject done during undergraduate, microbiology is not on the list and my first degree is in microbiology. what option can i pick there
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by doppelganger10: 1:02pm On May 13, 2019
smokers:
please house i am trying to apply for university of jena msc microbiology. when it comes to the point to pick subject done during undergraduate, microbiology is not on the list and my first degree is in microbiology. what option can i pick there

Click on Biology

Then there's an option of stating others, then type in Microbiology
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by melto(m): 1:03pm On May 13, 2019
My people I need your advice, there is an error on my transcripts which I didn't notice. I failed a course of which I resit for and is not recorded on my transcripts instead another course was recorded twice in place of it which I didn't fail. One of the schools I applied to just sent me a email that I didn't retake the subject what do I need to do and going back to school to rectify this would take a long time
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by smokers: 1:05pm On May 13, 2019
doppelganger10:

Click on Biology

Then there's an option of stating others, then type in Microbiology

thanks for the reply i only saw the course description field. is that where i should type microbiology
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 1:06pm On May 13, 2019
klexycole:
Monday Morning Motivation (Tips) - MMM grin

For prospective applicants going to Germany.

If you wish to improve your Deutsche through listening, you can try German radio stations.

How can you do this? There are tons of online radios on Apple store and Playstore, but there's this music app that packs unbelievable features.

The name is BOOM (not boomplay please) and it's available on Playstore. The app comes with insane music equalizer, as well as complete 3D surround sound to help improve your audio output (headsets bring best result).

Another highlight of this audio app is the Online Radio feature. You can literally listen to radio stations from major countries of the World, with which Germany isn't an exception.

Just browse the German radio stations and listen away! You can choose the category you want, from sport to fashion, to entertainment and education, just to mention!

While some people have been learning through this route, some others don't know about it at all. So, it's a very good way to learn the language. You get familiar with the tonality, speech, e.t.c.

Lastly, I've tried it and it's amazing! So I thought of sharing. Apologies for the long epistle. cheesy

And mehn! Radio Hamburg is madasss! lipsrsealed shocked grin grin

Not just Radio Hamburg, even RTL Berlins HitRadio, mehn German radio stations are fantastic, very lovely, come see cool hits.
No be my ......
Honestly, this German is a big concern. How will u be where u won't hear one understanding of long story, or is it that truly this bayern German de harder
German no be beans, fear actually gripped my heart as i imagined that the Bayern fm speaker was talking to me, God abeg, Man need survive o grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DavisBloom(m): 1:13pm On May 13, 2019
melto:
My people I need your advice, there is an error on my transcripts which I didn't notice. I failed a course of which I resit for and is not recorded on my transcripts instead another course was recorded twice in place of it which I didn't fail. One of the schools I applied to just sent me a email that I didn't retake the subject what do I need to do and going back to school to rectify this would take a long time
You haven't sent a mail since then?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by oke48(m): 1:13pm On May 13, 2019
melto:

I'm afraid your university has to rectify it before anything can be done. Pray other schools you applied to don't detect this silly mistake.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by melto(m): 1:15pm On May 13, 2019
DavisBloom:

You haven't sent a mail since then?
No
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by klexycole(m): 1:21pm On May 13, 2019
Chriswazo:

Not just Radio Hamburg, even RTL Berlins HitRadio, mehn German radio stations are fantastic, very lovely, come see cool hits.
No be my ......
Honestly, this German is a big concern. How will u be where u won't hear one understanding of long story, or is it that truly this bayern German de harder
German no be beans, fear actually gripped my heart as i imagined that the Bayern fm speaker was talking to me, God abeg, Man need survive o grin grin grin grin

We go dey alright las las. grin grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Onaco: 1:40pm On May 13, 2019
Hello guys. Please I'm having issues proceeding with my blocked account opening. I can't seem to proceed further than the attached image. I've been waiting since Friday morning without an email from them. Did I do anything wrong?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by doppelganger10: 1:42pm On May 13, 2019
smokers:

thanks for the reply i only saw the course description field. is that where i should type microbiology

Yes! That should work
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by iblion: 1:45pm On May 13, 2019
Onaco:
Hello guys. Please I'm having issues proceeding with my blocked account opening. I can't seem to proceed further than the attached image. I've been waiting since Friday morning without an email from them. Did I do anything wrong?

did you check your spam?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Onaco: 1:58pm On May 13, 2019
iblion:

did you check your spam?

Yes I did
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Clara2244(f): 2:01pm On May 13, 2019
Please anybody in Fulda....? I want to make enquiries on accommodation.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dahyormine(m): 2:13pm On May 13, 2019
Good day guys, I noticed people who have carried over courses in their transcript are being rejected one way or the other...

I have a case as regards that, during my 3OOlevel, I failed an elective course, mind you elective courses are not compulsory and require no retaking if failed.

Now that people are being rejected cos of similar case, how do I make them understand that the course I failed is not a compulsory one and that's why I didn't rewrite it?
Hope this won't pose a problem for me?
please guys I need a solution yo this.

cc
chriswazo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DavisBloom(m): 2:14pm On May 13, 2019
melto:

No
sabine.festner@th-deg.de

I think u should try appealing
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by UbiPetrus: 2:26pm On May 13, 2019
melto:
Nigerian Universities and silly mistakes. You are not alone. Are you going for First or Second Degree?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by melto(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2019
DavisBloom:

sabine.festner@th-deg.de

I think u should try appealing

OK thanks

Is this email for deggendorf?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by melto(m): 2:30pm On May 13, 2019
UbiPetrus:
Nigerian Universities and silly mistakes. You are not alone. Are you going for First or Second Degree?

Second my brother I need to leave this country

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.