Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (602532 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Doktajay5: 7:59am On Jun 07, 2019
Omosikiru1992:
Guten Morgen meine Leute,
I would like to get some clarification on the Student visa application categories
The visa applicant currently have Bachelor admission letter but looking forward for his masters admission..... He graduated with the *second class lower*, i would like to know which of the categories the person is going to used to apply for visa with are Bachelor admission letter

Oga book category B first hol for hand... What u need is a date first... Get it with what u have so that if eventually u gey the msc AL, fine and good u can present it still, if not u do ur interview with ur bsc AL..... Meanwhile, u r taking a risk.. Dates are already in September.. When is ur enrolment date?? Be mindful of these... Make haste bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Thatmgbekebabe(f): 8:12am On Jun 07, 2019
seungold1929:

Congratulations, did siegen send admission letter to you by mail or it was on your portal. Mine is still showing application status: received

Mine is showing valid, I haven’t even seen received. I’m hoping there’s no cause for alarm. I saw that the status on the management portal changed to valid but that has been it since April
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Thatmgbekebabe(f): 8:13am On Jun 07, 2019
babatea10:

They sent me this
“You have received a new message from your campus management system:
"The status of your application for admission to the university portal has changed."

Babatea please what was the status before it changed?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by babatea10(m): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2019
walexy06:

Congratulations are in order.
please when did you apply to Siegen, when did d AL drop and how did they get back to you?
I applied 24th of May.

Congrats once again!
I applied on the last day of the deadline.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by okpmoses: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2019
dailydolar:
wrong information you can open block account anytime and AL is not needed to open block account

Thank you.I'll do that right away.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by okpmoses: 8:44am On Jun 07, 2019
Anyone applying For Berlin School of Business and Innovation?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by otunbanimi: 9:07am On Jun 07, 2019
But did you fund your blocked account with just a 12 months or the entire period of the bsc?
heybaby12:

●Full transcript
●Bsc certificate
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by seungold1929: 9:11am On Jun 07, 2019
dailydolar:
siegen is a restricted course so check your CGPA first if you think is big enough then they should send you mail or chat them through Facebook

Alright thank you.
My cgpa is 2.3 German grading
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by seungold1929: 9:15am On Jun 07, 2019
Thatmgbekebabe:

Mine is showing valid, I haven’t even seen received. I’m hoping there’s no cause for alarm. I saw that the status on the management portal changed to valid but that has been it since April

I applied April 30, and the status received has been on my portal since then.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Pokarika(m): 9:22am On Jun 07, 2019
Congrats man.

babatea10:
AL alert
2 AL’s
University of Duisburg-Essen
M.Sc Environmental Toxicology.

University of Siegen
M.Sc Chemistry.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by otunbanimi: 9:26am On Jun 07, 2019
Good morning people.

Please I am about to apply for an m.sc program in Germany.

Can I apply with my WAEC online printout? And can I certify the online print out too?

My WAEC certificate has been misplaced and it’s a long process getting waec to print another one
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by otunbanimi: 10:06am On Jun 07, 2019
can someone help with this please

otunbanimi:
Good morning people.

Can I apply with my WAEC online printout? And can I certify the online print out too?

My WAEC certificate has been misplaced and it’s a long process getting waec to print another one
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Boss733: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2019
Those that have successfully done their visa interview, how did you go about your travel health insurance?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Boss733: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2019
lovable85:
Booked category A masters in computer science
I got to the embassy at 6:10
Paulinus started arranging us at 6:30 am
I saw paulinus in his full glory today
If you don’t do what he says he ll take pleasure in finishing you
When he started asking us to arrange our documents
He ask for one original and two photocopy
He sent a guy to the back of the line because he wasn’t doing things at his pace
MAKE SURE YOU PRINT THE ENGLISH AND GERMAN COPY OF YOUR ADMISSION LETTER AND MAKE TWO PHOTOCOPIES
We were then ushered in around after 7
Main interview started at 8
Name of school?
Name of course?
Have you funded ?
Why this course?
Why Germany ?
Why germany and not US, Canada or Uk?
Five facts of Germany?
Bachelor thesis?
She asked me to explain what my project was all about
Then she asked if I have any question
I said some of my friends are confused about the booking system
She said she doesn’t know anything about it
And she said she only checks the admission letter and is those at the gate that checks the booking letter

I also noticed there is a list of those scheduled for interview with just your name, email address, phone number and passport number
There was nothing like category on the list paulinus had

Please how did you go about with your travel health insurance?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Thatmgbekebabe(f): 10:38am On Jun 07, 2019
seungold1929:

I applied April 30, and the status received has been on my portal since then.

Please I tried to send you an email or please email me pearlkema@gmail.com
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lovable85(f): 10:51am On Jun 07, 2019
Boss733:

Please how did you go about with your travel health insurance?
you dont need travel health insurance for your interview,you only need it after you have gotten the approval mail(AM), they will request for it in the approval mail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Boss733: 11:02am On Jun 07, 2019
lovable85:

you dont need travel health insurance for your interview,you only need it after you have gotten the approval mail(AM), they will request for it in the approval mail

So dear, what did you fill in your visa application form , if you have health insurance? Is it yes or No.

I heard there is a difference between Travel insurance (that is the one they ask after you have gotten the AM) then the health insurance is another one that need to be done to show as prove at your interview.

Please reply to this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Boss733: 11:02am On Jun 07, 2019
lovable85:

So dear, what did you fill in your visa application form , if you have health insurance? Is it yes or No.

I heard there is a difference between Travel insurance (that is the one they ask after you have gotten the AM) then the health insurance is another one that need to be done to show as prove at your interview.

Please reply to this.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by otunbanimi: 11:11am On Jun 07, 2019
otunbanimi:
Good morning people.

otunbanimi:
can someone help with this please

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Agbeni33: 11:23am On Jun 07, 2019
Good morning house. Please can anybody help me with motivation letter template or format for scholarship program. Though have google searched some but i want to compare some things.

Please and please help a brother.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by happystep(m): 11:23am On Jun 07, 2019
I know many of you will not be interested in this. However for the very few who may listen and note these:

— beware of the Nigerians who would first brag about their 30 years stay in Germany the very first meeting with them. If you rely on such people and they turn out to be "the more you look the less you see" sorry for you. I will advise you don't mingle much with Nigerians who are not students if you are coming to Berlin. Unless you know exact profile of the individuals.

— if you are coming to Berlin/Potsdam double what so ever is your initial budget for accommodation, unless you have secured students hostel accommodation from your school. In case you face Emergency on arrival as some do, there are hotels that keep hostel accommodation for tourists at a rate of €12-€16 per night, depends on number of persons in a room. Some of them may insist on card payment against cash. So better book it before your arrival. Avoid taxis as much as you can unless you are well loaded. Google is your friend in finding any location or movement plan. If any address of potential accommodation is not on Google map just don't bother going any where. There are scammers here especially in House matters, don't pay before seeing the house. I know this one maybe a challenge for people who would like to secure their accommodation before arrival but some Indian in my department paid €750 for an accommodation only to arrive and the supposed flat mate did not show up at the airport as agreed nor called on the phone. However there are still genuine deals on some sites and Berlin accommodation groups on Facebook. Just use your head well.
— your dressing matters. Please your dressing matters. You may not like to be grouped as a refugee when you are not. I mean not to say you should buy expensive wears because most Germans don't even wear such nor change clothing daily. Rather you should wear your OK or St Michael in a modest way as defined by your new society. Brightly flowered clothes is not a good idea especially for a man, don't ask me why. In case you are told by more than one your clothes is fine or beautiful check that again.
If I am a good learner, I would advice you find where to source things cheaper like the flea markets, if indeed you don't have much money to spend around at the Malls, only that they don't come with return policy, purely cash and carry no insurance nor guarantee. I have bought a new set of Ceramics 6 mugs at €2 while the same size goes at €4.50 each at the Mall. Even at the flea market don't buy used things. I see no good point in doing so since you can pick them freely on some streets.
Above all things my people learn to speak on the phone with out shouting, even when you are alone or in public place.
Tschuss

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lovable85(f): 11:37am On Jun 07, 2019
Boss733:

Please reply to this.
No, the health insurance is not also needed for interview, it is needed in Germany for your enrollment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by fabiosmart: 11:53am On Jun 07, 2019
happystep:
I know many of you will not be interested in this. However for the very few who may listen and note these:

— beware of the Nigerians who would first brag about their 30 years stay in Germany the very first meeting with them. If you rely on such people and they turn out to be "the more you look the less you see" sorry for you. I will advise you don't mingle much with Nigerians who are not students if you are coming to Berlin. Unless you know exact profile of the individuals.

— if you are coming to Berlin/Potsdam double what so ever is your initial budget for accommodation, unless you have secured students hostel accommodation from your school. In case you face Emergency on arrival as some do, there are hotels that keep hostel accommodation for tourists at a rate of €12-€16 per night, depends on number of persons in a room. Some of them may insist on card payment against cash. So better book it before your arrival. Avoid taxis as much as you can unless you are well loaded. Google is your friend in finding any location or movement plan. If any address of potential accommodation is not on Google map just don't bother going any where. There are scammers here especially in House matters, don't pay before seeing the house. I know this one maybe a challenge for people who would like to secure their accommodation before arrival but some Indian in my department paid €750 for an accommodation only to arrive and the supposed flat mate did not show up at the airport as agreed nor called on the phone. However there are still genuine deals on some sites and Berlin accommodation groups on Facebook. Just use your head well.
— your dressing matters. Please your dressing matters. You may not like to be grouped as a refugee when you are not. I mean not to say you should buy expensive wears because most Germans don't even wear such nor change clothing daily. Rather you should wear your OK or St Michael in a modest way as defined by your new society. Brightly flowered clothes is not a good idea especially for a man, don't ask me why. In case you are told by more than one your clothes is fine or beautiful check that again.
If I am a good learner, I would advice you find where to source things cheaper like the flea markets, if indeed you don't have much money to spend around at the Malls, only that they don't come with return policy, purely cash and carry no insurance nor guarantee. I have bought a new set of Ceramics 6 mugs at €2 while the same size goes at €4.50 each at the Mall. Even at the flea market don't buy used things. I see no good point in doing so since you can pick them freely on some streets.
Above all things my people learn to speak on the phone with out shouting, even when you are alone or in public place.
Tschuss

Thanks for taking time-out to share this.

God bless you more

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Boss733: 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2019
lovable85:

No, the health insurance is not also needed for interview, it is needed in Germany for your enrollment

Ok thanks, but during the interview did they ask you anything relating to health insurance?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Boss733: 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
lovable85:

What courier service did you use and what is the cost and how did you address it. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sahm4u2nv(m): 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2019

BSc: Guidance and counseling

Grade: 4.56

Germany grade:1.33

I've helped him applied to international business psychology at lippstadt university. I need more SCHOOLS n courses he can apply for please without uniassist. God bless you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lovable85(f): 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2019
Boss733:

What courier service did you use and what is the cost and how did you address it. Thanks
i used dhl, bought it for 1600 at their head office at oshodi, the price depends on where you want your visa and documents to be delivered, so the price for within lagos will be different for a delivery to enugu or any other place, receivers address is your own address(where you want it to be delivered) and senders address is the embassy's address

P.S the other dhl branches sell higher, was told the one at victoria island sells for 2000 and some 3000 something

2 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.