Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,501 members, 7,823,169 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (601124 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by germanmanny: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2019
Please, Can i go to my visa interview without having the block account money?

I am still trying to raise the money and i dont think i will complete it before my interview date

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by glopatra(m): 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2019
Anybody with info on how to convert Nigeria university credit system to ects including the equivalent number of hours for each credit. Google is not really helping me here

I am applying for msc Mechatronics and Robotics at Schmalkalden university of applied science and they need conversion to ects credits for relevant courses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by codemasta(m): 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2019
germanmanny:

Thank you bro. I am really scared, dont want to stay in naija this December ooooo.

Thanks, you have dont it before?

Yes.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Alore: 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2019
germanmanny:

Please, Can i go to my visa interview without having the block account money?

I am still trying to raise the money and i dont think i will complete it before my interview date

Thanks

Yes you can. Just go with a printout of the Block Account information. At the interview, you will be asked to sign that you will be submitting a proof of funding to complete your visa processing. The Visa Officer will also give you the email to send proof of your funding to. After then, go ahead to complete your BA funding and send proof via email.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by overdose4g: 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2019
germanmanny:
General information.

I called the german embassy and the lady said category B is for 3rd class holders.

So if u are a B.Sc holder with at least 2.2, you should apply for category A.

Even though you are given admission in b.sc, u can apply for category A. Masters and Phd are only listed but it also includes b.sc provided u have a b.sc with at least 2.2.

Just a note to everyone waiting for category B appointment date.

This would be helpful to a lot of people.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adejare011: 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
Chrisomila:
. Apply as far as your documents and application will be received by uni assist before 30th June. Hope this helps...
thanks a lot. i appreciate
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by mikkypel(m): 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2019
1st AL dropped

University of Cottbus

We move

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kevwe06(f): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
seungold1929:

Thanks for posting, wish you success
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ejighikepat(m): 4:58pm On Jun 07, 2019

For example

You offering GES101
The no. of hours per week is = 3

If a semester is 4month then no. of weeks per semester
4×4=16

No. Of hours per semester will be
3×16=48

Since there are two semesters per session

Total no. Of hours will be
48+48=96hrs

30 study hours = 1 ECTS credit point in German grading

Now to covert your no. of hours to ECTS

96 hrs / 30 hrs = 3.2 CP approximately 3 credit for
GES101

Do this for all your courses and add the totally to get your ECTS
You will be expected to have about 210/240 ECTS for most Nigerian undergraduate degree

glopatra:
Anybody with info on how to convert Nigeria university credit system to ects including the equivalent number of hours for each credit. Google is not really helping me here

I am applying for msc Mechatronics and Robotics at Schmalkalden university of applied science and they need conversion to ects credits for relevant courses.

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kevwe06(f): 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
Goztino:
GOZTINO'S TRANSCRIPT

Before sharing this transcript, I would like to appeal to all of you.
1. Make sure you are close to German embassy a day before the interview date, Lagos always have traffic which might delay you and when you arrive late, you will not be allowed to enter for your interview.
2. If you are a JJC in Lagos like me, make sure you ask for directions very well or go with the person you are staying with so that you won't waste time unnecessarily on the road.
3. Ask questions when you are confused on the bus to take, lagosians are always willing to direct you.
4. A day before your interview date, check your documents properly and make sure its complete... Each document should have two copies each and also hold #30,500, otherwise you will be bounced.
5. When Paulinus will be checking your documents, mind your business and don't try to assist other people that will be confused behind you, I nearly got bounced because of that.

I left by 4:30am and arrived by 7:10am few minutes before Paulinus stopped admitting those for 7am.

Back to the interview section.
I arrived around 7:10am after almost crying on the road due to traffic and even paying for drop from Obalande.
On getting to the embassy, I saw the man Paulinus shouting here and there and sending some people back at the back for being unorganized as he used to say.
VO: What's your name?
VO: Why are you going to Germany?
VO: Why this course?
VO: Why Germany?
VO: Why not English speaking countries?
VO: Why not Nigeria?
VO: Tell me about the city your school is located and everything you know about Germany.
As I was still on it, he was typing some stuffs and at a point asked me to stop
VO: What do you intend to do after your studies?
Goztino: I want to come back to Nigeria and use the practical experience I will acquire in Germany to establish my own Geoscience firm here and become a Geoscience consultant.
VO: Don't you want to work in Oil and gas companies?
Goztino: I would start my own firm and employ other graduates in other to help towards the industrialization and creation of employment in my country, Nigeria.
VO: Why not start the firm now and employ the graduates now?
Goztino: I would have loved to but I don't have enough practical skills and experience yet
VO: Alright, that will be all. Do you have any question for me?
Goztino: No sir.

Congrats! Please quick one, at the gate does Mr Paulinus check for admission letter or just appointment letter and does he differentiate Masters student / Bachelor student? Please kindly reply from your experience. I booked under Cat B since 14th of May yet no dates so I’m thinking of porting to Cat A. (I have 2:2 bachelor degree). Going for another Bachelor degree, Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Larrydogged07: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2019
mikkypel:
1st AL dropped

University of Cottbus

We move

It is BTU?

And what course? Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by valenti12(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2019
Please, can someone help me out in filling this Hamm-Lippstadt application form. I have tried myself but it keeps giving me "wrong format" message after several tries.

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by mikkypel(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
Larrydogged07:

It is BTU?

And what course? Thank you

Yea BTU

Environmental Resource Management
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ejighikepat(m): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
valenti12:
Please, can someone help me out in filling this Hamm-Lippstadt application form. I have tried myself but it keeps giving me "wrong format" message after several tries.

Thanks

210/240ECTS
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chrisomila: 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2019
Adejare011:
thanks a lot. i appreciate
Uwc bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Obinnafrancis(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2019
Goztino:
GOZTINO'S TRANSCRIPT

1. Make sure you are close to German embassy a day before the interview date, Lagos always have traffic which might delay you and when you arrive late, you will not be allowed to enter for your interview.
2. If you are a JJC in Lagos like me, make sure you ask for directions very well or go with the person you are staying with so that you won't waste time
unnecessarily on the road.
3. Ask questions when you are confused on the bus to take, lagosians are always willing to direct you.
4. A day before your interview date, check your documents properly and make sure its complete... Each document should have two copies each and also hold #30,500, otherwise you will be bounced.
5. When Paulinus will be checking your documents, mind your business and don't try to assist other people that will be confused behind you, I nearly got bounced because of that.

I left by 4:30am and arrived by 7:10am few minutes before Paulinus stopped admitting those for 7am.

I arrived around 7:10am after almost crying on the road due to traffic and even paying for drop from Obalande.
On getting to the embassy, I saw the man Paulinus shouting here and there and sending some people back at the back for being unorganized as he used to say.
VO: Tell me about the city your school is located and everything you know about Germany.
Goztino: I want to come back to Nigeria and use the practical experience I will acquire in Germany to establish my own Geoscience firm here and become a Geoscience consultant.
Goztino: I would start my own firm and employ other graduates in other to help towards the industrialization and creation of employment in my country, Nigeria.
Goztino: I would have loved to but I don't have enough practical skills and experience yet

Thank you very much for dropping your transcript. AM will follow suite soon. Success. You are a good man.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kolombo88: 6:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
DeutschMariano:

I apply last month. 3rd. till now I never see anything. you fit send PM.
wow
what course?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chidi4eze(m): 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
glopatra:

First, calculate 30*your number of semesters excluding that of year 1. This means if you did a degree of 4 years in Nigeria, it becomes 30*6(because year1 is seen as A-level)=180 ECTS.

Secondly, multiply your number of credit units by 1.5 for each semester excluding year1. This means if your credit unit for year2 first semester is 21, it becomes 21*1.5=31.5 ECTS. The second method is more accurate than the first.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by legionnaire(m): 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
Bloodeagle:
Guys who have witnessed this with university of Kiel before... I applied for their masters program molecular biology and evolution since February and uptil now no response, I mailed them and they told me that they have have decided to put my application on hold because they received large number of applicants who are more qualified than I. That they would base their decision on the level of the next applications they would get. They said though, they have sent out some rejection already but they have decided to keep and reevaluate mine this month.
Deadline is July 15th
I just weak meeen

Is it the only school you applied for?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obibanks: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
Goodevening house, please how long does it take for a German resident to process a Sponsorship letter and send it down to Nigeria?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by boywonder225: 7:00pm On Jun 07, 2019
germanmanny:
General information.

I called the german embassy and the lady said category B is for 3rd class holders.

So if u are a B.Sc holder with at least 2.2, you should apply for category A.

Even though you are given admission in b.sc, u can apply for category A. Masters and Phd are only listed but it also includes b.sc provided u have a b.sc with at least 2.2.

Just a note to everyone waiting for category B appointment date.
can I have the phone number please?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by tobiy3k: 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2019
Nice. Got this course too. Let's connect.
mikkypel:

Yea BTU

Environmental Resource Management
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by boywonder225: 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2019
Has anyone gotten appointment lately? Cat B
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by valenti12(m): 7:16pm On Jun 07, 2019
ejighikepat:

210/240ECTS
I don't understand, explain more please

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kevwe06(f): 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2019
boywonder225:
Has anyone gotten appointment lately? Cat B

I have not gotten appointment date (Cat B)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by boywonder225: 7:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
Kevwe06:

I have not gotten appointment date (Cat B)
when did you apply?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obi4eze(m): 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2019
Goztino:
GOZTINO'S TRANSCRIPT

2. If you are a JJC in Lagos like me, make sure you ask for directions very well or go with the person you are staying with so that you won't waste time unnecessarily on the road.

100000000 likes
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ejighikepat(m): 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kevwe06(f): 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
boywonder225:
when did you apply?

May 14th
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chiboy429(m): 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
Goztino:
GOZTINO'S TRANSCRIPT

congratulations. AM on the way,

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.