Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (601387 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 26, 2019
precious225:
I just received 2 AL yesterday
congratulations. Which schools pls?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by clintonsparkz(m): 8:05am On Jun 26, 2019
X36DD:

Are you not part of those advocating for transcript sharing before you went for your interview?
I tire bro, to think chriswazo is even among the elders here...his choice all the same

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by precious225: 8:08am On Jun 26, 2019
Has anyone gotten date on cat B yet?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by precious225: 8:10am On Jun 26, 2019
Rhine wall university and BTU cottbuss
mic01:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Paclarge(m): 8:23am On Jun 26, 2019
Congrats ooh God go do am for all of us
mic01:
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ketu223(m): 8:38am On Jun 26, 2019
Fabcol:
Nah .. Going with extension letter isn't a problem.. You would hear from them soon for sure..
@fabcol thanks brother Amen
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by fibe: 8:40am On Jun 26, 2019
Chriswazo:

A good option is at Bayland guest house at Obalende. D have 5k and 8k rooms. For both category u have AC, fridge, television, fair toilet facilities, steady power
From there to the embassy is just 100 naira and less than 10 minutes via Keke o
In my case, I left by 5am and was there before 5:30am.
Now let me say this also, if you feel the maruwa will take time to full, you can leave them and trek small to the main route, their u will see "on the road" ones going immediately. I did same

@adheir thanks for showing me this option
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sahm4u2nv(m): 8:47am On Jun 26, 2019
I booked a new cat A appointment b4 cancelling n withdrawing my summer Application. I hope this won't affect my new appointment o which is next month. I'm kinda scared o
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by legionnaire(m): 8:53am On Jun 26, 2019
Fabcol:
Lol.. Nah..its general.. Have got people on this table(cat A).. It would definitely drop soon.. Don't cancel again..hope u didnt break the 7days before interview cancellation rule

Please can you explain the rule?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 8:57am On Jun 26, 2019
This is what my friend did
He went with a copy of the waec certificate, police report and affidavit. They were all collected, he did his interview without any problem
I don't think you should have any problem uploading the photo copy of the certificate for admission application.. But personally I would v uploaded the waec result print out instead.
spycurla:

Hello everyone, i'm kinda new here and I have this issue bothering me which I would appreciate answers to. This is my issue...due to some family ish and upandan movement, I discovered that I could no longer find my original WAEC certificate. Thank God I have the photocopy, all efforts to find the original has proven abortive. Now, I have gone to WAEC and completed the process of getting Attestation of result since they don't issue certificate twice. Now, the thing is, all the schools I applied to in Germany have required I upload original copies of all my documents alongside CTC. I have uploaded all but could only upload photocopy of my WAEC. I hope this will not be an hindrance to my being offered admission and please I need advice on how best to handle this. WAEC says the Attestation won't come out till after six months which would be December. I also understand that I would need the originals too when I go for visa interview. Please I need help and useful advice on what I can do. Has anyone been in this situation before, how did you handle it?. Please don't read and ignore, I came here purposely because of this. Please help my life. Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 9:00am On Jun 26, 2019
You are allowed to cancel till 7days to your appointment date.. There is a punishment if u cancel less than 7days to your appointment date
legionnaire:

Please can you explain the rule?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Olasenie: 9:13am On Jun 26, 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by precious225: 9:17am On Jun 26, 2019
Can I enrol by mail in Hamm lippstadt
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MissNK: 9:20am On Jun 26, 2019
EkeneMiriam:
Please guys, who applied and has heard from the following universities;

HWR Berlin
Goethe-Universität Frankfurt
Hoschule Kaiserslautern
Rhine-Waal University

I applied in the first week of May but nothing yet. For most of the schools their deadline was in May and only one has a deadline in July. If you have or know anything, please help me calm my nerves, ejoo, biko

I applied to HWR Berlin and HS Kaiserslautern. The wait is tiring.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by precious225: 9:21am On Jun 26, 2019
Pm me bro
MissNK:

I applied to HWR Berlin and HS Kaiserslautern. The wait is tiring.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sharly343(f): 9:23am On Jun 26, 2019
Fabcol:
It depends on the kind of certification your school wants. If high court or notary public is accepted then its best you certify everything again using high court or notary
I checked the requirements,no type of certification was indicated...pls which one is advised for me to do.. and I don't know any in Lagos.. thanks alot in advance
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by PeSt007(m): 9:29am On Jun 26, 2019
AjayD:

The application portal becomes inaccessible after your application submission. However, I got a mail from hildesheim yesterday that they had issues with their database which resulted in the loss of applicants data,so I was given a password to login to their portal and update my information and a deadline of Friday was stated.

I thought as much..i even tried reapplying but I couldn't submit my application. Prompted that I had applied, even with two different email addresses..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by PeSt007(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2019
Yes, I am

spicyuzo:

Oh great, Nice to know you applied for same course. I just logged in to my application now successfully. Are you having any challenges with yours?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obibanks: 9:34am On Jun 26, 2019
Please, is there anybody receiving Verpflichtungserklärung (Sponsorship letter) from Berlin? What's the process?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Olasenie: 9:36am On Jun 26, 2019
Good morning house. Who is sending or wants to send enrollment letter to FHWS? Let us share posting cost. I am in Lagos. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by skecho: 9:38am On Jun 26, 2019
my advice to anyone going for an interview in lagos and not familiar with lagos traffic goes as follow:
1. No matter how close the place you are staying in lagos, in as much as your movement is not fully dependent on walking to your destination, please do not underestimate the lagos traffic, a normal 10mins drive can turn to 45mins drive.
2. For those staying in Iyana ipaja, Ikorodu please find a location that is close by, we are in the raining season, traffic is always mad. your only option is if you leave your home by 4 am, Ketu and mile 12, leave be 4 am.
3. For those camping close to the embassy if it is not somewhere inside bonny camp, please leave by 5am
4. The fact about lagos traffic is that normal traffic starts around 6am, abnormal ones can start anytime, Those that got to the embassy by 5:30 doesnt really mean they stay close to the embassy, it is cos they left very early, if you decide to stay at obalende and leave your place by 6 am, hmmmm na serious risk the person dey play.
In all there is no harm in getting to the embassy by 5 or 5:30, may God no allow man to oversleep on important days and may God prevent the abnormal traffic. but advise is leave very very very very early
lexi28:
hi all.
thanks for all who posted transcripts and have been giving information ceaselessly.
my query is:
whenever a transcript is posted, you will read, "I arrived at 5:30pm...etc". it is presupposed that they all arrived from somewhere.

so its either, they left home early to brave the early morning traffic or lack of it OR they found somewhere to stay close by.

for the benefit of those who do not stay in Lagos or are familiar with routes or shortcuts, can the gurus assist with the following:

1. how best to get to the embassy from the popular areas like iyana ipaja, Ikorodu, mile 12, Ketu, and most importantly for travellers from outside lagos. bus/car routes and average prices of transport will be helpful.

2. can those who stayed nearby the embassy, kindly furnish address of a lodge or inn you stayed at, how you booked, if booking is possible online or maybe contact at reception to confirm booking. I have read of SAPPERS LODGE, SERGEANTS MESS from previous transcripts, all near bonny cantonment. it is assumed everyone knows their way around Lagos but sadly this is not the case always.

please let those who know routes, places and shortcuts wade in.

an example will suffice. I was going to creek road, Apapa after leaving the MTN office on the island. I was told to board a bus heading towards costain. after getting stuck in the hold up 2hrs later, someone who overheard my destination, simply commented that a boat ride would have taken me to Apapa in 15minutes for only N150, and their boats were safe with each passenger having a life jacket. I wasted 4hrs & N600 bucks. it was sheer torture.

hope guys can help by posting required info!!!

Danke

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by daviduzy(m): 9:39am On Jun 26, 2019
precious225:
I just received 2 AL yesterday
Congratulations !!!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MartinLawrenCe: 9:45am On Jun 26, 2019
My Cat B pipo... Shey we no go contact embassy... Especially us wey don wait for 1 month +... Make dem know say we don wait taya na... Me I don taya o... This no be AM so e no suppose hard to give person date na... Waiting for AM sef, d person ft don get d AM by now sef. This one wey just be Date for appointment come hard like this to get...

E be like say dem don forget us... Me I go contact dem soon sha. Abeg anybody going for interview soon. When dem ask you if you get any question abeg help us ask dem if Cat B pipo will still be given dates grin grin Say your cousin booked since but never get date and hin no know if hin go ever get d date... Help us please...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by seungold1929: 9:48am On Jun 26, 2019
skecho:
my advice to anyone going for an interview in lagos and not familiar with lagos traffic goes as follow:
1. No matter how close the place you are staying in lagos, in as much as your movement is not fully dependent on walking to your destination, please do not underestimate the lagos traffic, a normal 10mins drive can turn to 45mins drive.
2. For those staying in Iyana ipaja, Ikorodu please find a location that is close by, we are in the raining season, traffic is always mad. your only option is if you leave your home by 4 am, Ketu and mile 12, leave be 4 am.
3. For those camping close to the embassy if it is not somewhere inside bonny camp, please leave by 5am
4. The fact about lagos traffic is that normal traffic starts around 6am, abnormal ones can start anytime, Those that got to the embassy by 5:30 doesnt really mean they stay close to the embassy, it is cos they left very early, if you decide to stay at obalende and leave your place by 6 am, hmmmm na serious risk the person dey play.
In all there is no harm in getting to the embassy by 5 or 5:30, may God no allow man to oversleep on important days and may God prevent the abnormal traffic. but advise is leave very very very very early
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by seungold1929: 9:56am On Jun 26, 2019
Paclarge:
Visiting here is my first morning duty after my morning prayers. AL Abeg visit me me as soon as possible.
May God in His infinite mercy answer your prayers(amen).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sharly343(f): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2019
seungold1929:

May God in His infinite mercy answer your prayers(amen).
amen

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sharly343(f): 9:58am On Jun 26, 2019
Sharly343:
I checked the requirements,no type of certification was indicated...pls which one is advised for me to do.. and I don't know any in Lagos.. thanks alot in advance
someone please help me with this
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kolombo88: 10:08am On Jun 26, 2019
precious225:
Rhine wall university and BTU cottbuss

I also applied to Kleve Rhine-waal, international taxation and law, what course offer did u get? and how long before u received ur offer
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2019
Personally I recommend notary public because every application I used it for I got admitted to the program. Just go to ikeja high court, you could ask the gate man to refer you to one (he referred me to the one I used).. Cost: 200-500 naira per document depending on your bargaining power and the quantity of documents u are notarizing
Sharly343:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by uptimum123(m): 10:20am On Jun 26, 2019
I can see your worried about the instructions given to your sponsor at the foreigners office about you going for interview first before applying for the SL, the truth is i am yet to hear any of such request before, and if i was in your shoes i would be worried also, so my advice would probably be to ask your sponsor to go to another city.

Just my thoughts

obibanks:
Please, is there anybody receiving Verpflichtungserklärung (Sponsorship letter) from Berlin? What's the process?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bamstar007: 10:31am On Jun 26, 2019
Chriswazo:

A good option is at Bayland guest house at Obalende. D have 5k and 8k rooms. For both category u have AC, fridge, television, fair toilet facilities, steady power
From there to the embassy is just 100 naira and less than 10 minutes via Keke o
In my case, I left by 5am and was there before 5:30am.
Now let me say this also, if you feel the maruwa will take time to full, you can leave them and trek small to the main route, their u will see "on the road" ones going immediately. I did same

@adheir thanks for showing me this option
Who’s going for interview on the 11th of July.. if we can relate
I have done certification at the embassy twice and gotten there as early as 5:40, 6:30( I was a bit relaxed the second time) from gbagada. I don’t want to leave anything to chance this time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sharly343(f): 10:43am On Jun 26, 2019
Fabcol:
Personally I recommend notary public because every application I used it for I got admitted to the program. Just go to ikeja high court, you could ask the gate man to refer you to one (he referred me to the one I used).. Cost: 200-500 naira per document depending on your bargaining power and the quantity of documents u are notarizing
thanks dear...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.