Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (598575 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sassy92(f): 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2019
it's more than enough if you're truly serious. A1 is basic beginner levl; not hard at all. you just need to learn
- the Nominative, Accusative and Dative case ( also learn the prepositions that goes with each case).
- Prasens (Present tense), Perfekt (simple perfect tense) and Praeteritum ( Simple Past tense)
- Memorise at least 500 words for your vocabulary. For nouns, please memorise with the article (der/die/das) , it makes things simpler. For verbs, memorise both the basic form and the past participle form (partizip II) and whether the past particle goes with 'haben' or'sein'(the basic rule is that 'sein' is for verbs that signify movement or change of state). For adjectives, just memorise the basic form but bear in mind that adjectives are also declinated (just like nouns) but adjective declination is A2/B1 level.
- It's good to know grammer rules but don't focus so much on them. Practice by writing and speaking (even if it's just to yourself).

Kolombo88:

thanks for this wonderful insight, am just wondering if this is gonna be sufficiently enough for atleast level A1 before i depart for winter semester this year

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 28, 2019
Please what is the biometric specification for the passport to be taken for the interview? Someone should help me with this
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kolombo88: 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2019
sassy92:
it's more than enough if you're truly serious. A1 is basic beginner levl; not hard at all. you just need to learn
- the Nominative, Accusative and Dative case ( also learn the prepositions that goes with each case).
- Prasens (Present tense), Perfekt (simple perfect tense) and Praeteritum ( Simple Past tense)
- Memorise at least 500 words for your vocabulary. For nouns, please memorise with the article (der/die/das) , it makes things simpler. For verbs, memorise both the basic form and the past participle form (partizip II) and whether the past particle goes with 'haben' or'sein'(the basic rule is that 'sein' is for verbs that signify movement or change of state). For adjectives, just memorise the basic form but bear in mind that adjectives are also declinated (just like nouns) but adjective declination is A2/B1 level.
- It's good to know grammer rules but don't focus so much on them. Practice by writing and speaking (even if it's just to yourself).

thanks mate
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2019
Eromose08:
Please what is the biometric specification for the passport to be taken for the interview? Someone should help me with this
Ask them for the 8 copies size, d should understand

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odimbannamdi(m): 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
lexxydoo:
Hello everyone,
Some of us aren’t aware of what the embassy means when they says “are you ready for your interview?”
*SPRACHENZENTRUM* is a German Language School and they are having a seminar on student visa interview and application. The seminar is admission free and a great way to be enlightened on German student visa formalities so as to have a hitch free interview.
A lot of important topics will be addressed and discussed. If you’re in Lagos and would like to be in attendance you can reach out through the helplines.
Vielen Dank.

Starred

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odimbannamdi(m): 11:14pm On Jun 28, 2019
marisalfred:
Ok my people...that is how i got another admission today with Fulda university to study International Health Science...im happy at the same time im not. reason because im to provide proof of German Proficiency B1 before october 14th which is not possible for me. Please guys advice a sister what will i do?

Didnt you see the German proficiency requirement before you applied?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chimax1(m): 11:20pm On Jun 28, 2019
4realisreal:
I have decided to also apply to Potsdam University now, which I have just done. Documents will be sent next week to Uni-assist. Is there anybody that wants to also send so we both share the cost? Meanwhile, I need clarification from whoever that knows. Does Potsdam require any form of English proficiency test or Eng as lang of instruction. I finished from Uniben. Applying for master.
which course are u going for.applyinh there too, send me a PM pls
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by NathyBongos: 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2019
For those wishing to send documents to FAU,please update us as we are sending on Monday. DANKE!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Paulzy84: 12:32am On Jun 29, 2019
i am interested beep me on 07080776398

4realisreal:
I have decided to also apply to Potsdam University now, which I have just done. Documents will be sent next week to Uni-assist. Is there anybody that wants to also send so we both share the cost? Meanwhile, I need clarification from whoever that knows. Does Potsdam require any form of English proficiency test or Eng as lang of instruction. I finished from Uniben. Applying for master.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by marisalfred: 1:02am On Jun 29, 2019
Really didnt or was an oversight..any way wil call them by Monday to know if i can continue over there as i only have A1

odimbannamdi:

Didnt you see the German proficiency requirement before you applied?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by marisalfred: 1:04am On Jun 29, 2019
English as Language of instruction..i have a friend who applied to that school and that is what he used.

Paulzy84:
i am interested beep me on 07080776398

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by marisalfred: 1:12am On Jun 29, 2019
Applied in May

enigbon:
when did u apply?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by marisalfred: 1:15am On Jun 29, 2019
will likely do that. however i will contact the coordinator by monday to see if i can continue over there as i only have A1 level.

Kolombo88:

grin grin shocked the language requirement is clearly stated on their website and u still went ahead to apply thereby wasting your time and money, getting a B1 will take u about 6 months, which isn't possible looking at the time frame you've got left. hope u applied to other schools? you can differ your admission while you wait for the other options.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by marisalfred: 1:16am On Jun 29, 2019
sure i did. thanks alot

sassy92:
Learning B1 by October, assuming you're an absolute beginner, is nearly impossible. Plus Goethe Institute only conducts the B1 exams three times a year (April, July and December) which means if you want to get the certificate by October, you'll have to write the exams in July, which is not possible.
I hope you applied to other schools.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Slip(m): 2:01am On Jun 29, 2019
Bro,

Have you gotten admission? U didn't tell us so every other person can know if the school has started dishing out admission.

allinall:
Please is there anybody in Fulda or going to Fulda?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by jide4lagos(m): 2:01am On Jun 29, 2019
Hello all,

Please I need an enlightenment on how this Germany student visa works.

I just got admitted into an Erasmus Masters programme in Germany.

The programme is starting by the first week of September and I just booked my appointment.

I got a comfirmation mail stating that I will get a date for my appointment in 2 to 3 months.(Please what does this means)?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 3:00am On Jun 29, 2019
Chriswazo:

Ask them for the 8 copies size, d should understand

Thanks Bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Iamwaterpark(m): 3:28am On Jun 29, 2019
hausadreturn:
Hi. What do you think about the Nigerian Institute of Sports in Lagos? I'm also interested in something like this, but I'm kind of interested in football management.
NIS Lagos, says 267k for 2 years. The form just came out recently.

Are you applying for a scholarship or something?

Good morning sir. I know about NIS and I'm also interested in football management. Just that I don't like the standard of education in Nigeria so I want to get the best I can. I'm not applying for scholarship.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by BlackNigerian: 3:59am On Jun 29, 2019
It seems all schools require ielts or toefl for Bsc admissions.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by campichristian(m): 4:10am On Jun 29, 2019
jide4lagos:
Hello all,

Please I need an enlightenment on how this Germany student visa works.

I just got admitted into an Erasmus Masters programme in Germany.

The programme is starting by the first week of September and I just booked my appointment.

I got a comfirmation mail stating that I will get a date for my appointment in 2 to 3 months.(Please what does this means)?

Means your appointment date will come 2-3 months before the exact date of your appointment. As far as i’ve observed, it’s an automated mail reply system which usually comes into everyone’s mail after booking for appointment, from the embassy tho. Doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be given a date in August or September, some booked this month and got appointment dates for the following week and even early July.

Someone might cancel his appointment tomorrow and his slot could be given to you...
Btw what did you put as your start date of visit?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 4:32am On Jun 29, 2019
dailydolar:
the legend just killed it again bro when I grow up I wan be like you oooo

Baba dollar, hahahahaha drink peak milk na. How your side bro. God go make am happen for us all.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 4:50am On Jun 29, 2019
mayorflexzy:
as for the whatsapp add, I sincerely apologise for that. That Was The first thing I observed when I clicked on the post. Nevertheless, I appreciate the purpose of this thread and thanks for informing me that about reading the thread through, which I've been doing.

My brother sent the link to this thread to me. He is in cottbus. I recently got a masters admission letter to uni of koln, Sociology and Social research and I am on the visa application phase.

I would keep going through the thread and if I have any question, pardon me in advance, I go ask. Na my nature. I cant afford to make any mistake at this point.

Thanks

Thanks for your response. Please feel free to ask your questions, people here are nice and kind enough to answer your questions when you get confused. But having gotten to visa application phase, please kindly show same love and concern to those who are yet to get to where you are by helping to answer questions as well. Remember someone you don't even know did that for you. God's grace as you move on.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 4:59am On Jun 29, 2019
frankie2K:

As in the way he deals with confrontations is very very emulating.He will make you to look at yourself for a second time.I no say your wife,sorry I mean your girlfriend can't leave you alone because if she does,she Will regret it all her life.keep it up the legend.

Lol..... una no go kill me for this thread oooo. Thank God in all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 5:40am On Jun 29, 2019
Sirarim13:
Good evening great NL. It all started in January, 2019 when I applied for my intended program in Deutschland.
I received my AM today.
Did interview on 6th May, 2019.
Funded before interview.
Going for Msc Biomedical Science at University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg.
I want to appreciate everyone that have contributed to the success of my German struggle. You guys are the best as I have always read every info on this thread from day one. God grant us all our heart desires and success to all waiting for AL, AD, AM and VISUM.

Congratulations. We celebrate your victory as you go to Germany to succeed and take over the medical industry with lots of innovations. God bless you

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 5:57am On Jun 29, 2019
decide:
Hi everyone, congrats to those that have gotten AL, AD, and AM. To all who have been assisting and keeping this thread alive, you are wonderful.

To my question, I have AL in Computer Engineering from Paderborn send through mail. I wish to know if printing the soft copy is enough for interview or I should expect a hardcopy that will be delivered by courier services.

Again, I applied with Bsc and MSC but I believe that my admission is considered using Bsc, wants to know if I can go with BSc result/Transcript or do I need to go with masters result as well.

Just print out the copy sent to you by email, it will be accepted without hassles on the interview day. And for the transcript, please just go with your bsc transcripts, leave the masters transcripts abeg to avoid so many questions on the day of your interview.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odimbannamdi(m): 6:19am On Jun 29, 2019
Hadampson:

Duolingo isn't that effective since you are an Anfänger. Know the basics first before using DUOLINGO.

I won't advice you to start using DUOLINGO because the audio on Duolingo is horrible and computer generated. Duolingo uses one voice, and it is almost impossible to understand as it is computer generated. In learning a language, you really need multiple voices or you're not going to develop language listening skills of any use.

That said, I think Duolingo can be great when used in conjunction with other applications, immersion, language learning classes and other language learning approaches

##

Instead of spending 60k, you can learn German online. Just buy #200 MTN and dial *131*65# then press 2. You will be given 1GB for a week.

Enter instagram and follow these handles below

@unsreddr - For nouns
@hallo_fraufuchs - Pronunciation and grammar
@lernen_sie_deutsch - Nouns/phrases
@langgoals_deutsch - for German conversation
@deutschlernenmitjolca
@dw_deutschlernen - Grammar/Nouns
@deutschmaster - useful phrases
@deutsch_mit_olga
@learngerman_de
@english_deutsch_lernen - Useful phrases
@deutsch_lernen7 - phrases and words
@yablagerman

Also, go to twitter and follow these usernames

@dw_learngerman
@jabbagerman
@_learn_german
@einfachDeutsch

Lastly, download these applications below on play store or Apple Store and follow follow learn German with Jenny, learn German with Anja, get germanized and learn German in 3 minutes episodes.

•Busuu
•Memrise
•Babbel
•Duolingo
•DW learn German
•German vocabulary
•German grammar task

Personally, i will recommend DEUTSCHTRAINER A1-APP- because the app combines listening, reading and writing and helps you practice basic vocabulary. It is available for free for iOS and Android.

If you have enough time, you can visit my thread for Tipps und Lektion here on nairaland.
https://www.nairaland.com/4834342/deutsch-lernen-mit-hadampson-learning

Once, you have learned German to an extent, use DW learn German to test your level.

Erfolg gehört uns

Thanks brotherly

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odimbannamdi(m): 6:23am On Jun 29, 2019
marisalfred:
Really didnt or was an oversight..any way wil call them by Monday to know if i can continue over there as i only have A1

I wish u all the best,

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by djkally: 6:49am On Jun 29, 2019
Paulzy84:
let me join
Okay..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by OgbeniVan: 7:27am On Jun 29, 2019
Transcript of my interview yesterday 28th June, 2019.

I got to the Embassy by 6.20am for my 7am slot and immediately had my appointment print out stamped. Then I joined a queue. When they were ready to attend to us, they decided to start with short stay candidates first.

After about 1hr 30 mins of waiting, they started attending to Student Visa people. So we left the queue outside and joined the queue on the wooden platform with seats.

Then Paulinus came and started asking us to arrange our documents in a certain order. I don’t recall the exact order but these were the documents he asked for.

2 Application for Visa forms placed face down
2 signed declaration forms on top of them
2 photocopies of your passport data page next.
2 photocopies of your FSLC next with your original placed separately (I didn’t have this and I asked here a few days ago. When I told him that I didn’t have it, he asked me to move on to the next document)
2 photocopies of an old document eg old library card, baptismal certificate etc (at least over 5years old) to verify your age next with the original placed on the FSLC
WAEC or NECO photocopies then their originals on their respective piles
University degree next,
NYSC,
Admission letter (one translation before the other)
Hand written letter of Motivation next,
Curriculum Vitae,
Blocked Account document next
Then any other supporting document you have. One original and 2 photocopies each.

He then pinned the 3 piles of documents together, sighted our visa fees, gave us a gate pass and sent us in.

When I got to the VO, she didn’t ask me a lot of questions.

What did you study as an undergraduate?
Why are you going for this course?
What was your undergraduate project topic?
Why do you want to study in Germany?
What do you know about the Politics in Germany?
Have you applied for a visa before either to Germany or any other country?
Have you blocked funds in your blocked account?
What do you plan to do after your studies?

I wish everyone good luck with their AL, BA, SL and AM. We’ll all meet in Deutschland.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 7:38am On Jun 29, 2019
Wow, niceee
Congratulations!!
OgbeniVan:
Transcript of my interview yesterday 28th June, 2019.
What did you study as an undergraduate?
Why are you going for this course?
What was your undergraduate project topic?
Why do you want to study in Germany?
What do you know about the Politics in Germany?
Have you applied for a visa before either to Germany or any other country?
Have you blocked funds in your blocked account?
What do you plan to do after your studies?

I wish everyone good luck with their AL, BA, SL and AM. We’ll all meet in Deutschland.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by imoriafe: 7:44am On Jun 29, 2019
Pls how long does Bayreuth use in prosessing admission, the wait is tiring o

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.