Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (597022 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Iwonder: 10:29am On Jun 29, 2019
Deustchemann:

This is better actually

But unfortunately you can’t book cat A without canceling cat B, so I will advice you stick with ur bsc when you arrive Germany you can find your way around and go to sku that offered u masters and enrol if the enrollment deadline is not past

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Osunguy: 10:50am On Jun 29, 2019
legionnaire:

Let him book Cat A first. He should cancel the Cat B when he gets a date with Cat A. I think it's safer that way.

That is exactly what I did but I am yet to get a date for category A thats why I asked. I guess I'll go with the master's admission using the bachelors appointment letter.

Thanks guys for the advise, I really appreciate.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by HighPriest0(m): 11:04am On Jun 29, 2019
Kenechill:

Ah ahn now! Ban kwa? U don put fear for the guy body o shocked
Fear ke?
I'm not afraid bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Saysay01: 11:08am On Jun 29, 2019
Good morning, please I need help filling this form (someone in the US wants to wire the money to my blocked account. I use Fintiba and I have some information already but I need help with these 3 below:
1) Intermediary financial institution information:
2) Receiving financial institution ABA/ RT #
3) Reference info for receiving financial institution

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sirarim13(m): 11:10am On Jun 29, 2019
Eldeee:

Congratulations. We celebrate your victory as you go to Germany to succeed and take over the medical industry with lots of innovations. God bless you

Thanks bro. Amen
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Oblang(m): 11:21am On Jun 29, 2019
Osunguy:

I am, sent you a PM already

Do u know if application is still on for potsdam?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chiboy429(m): 11:24am On Jun 29, 2019
Good morning all the ogas in the house. I greet you all.
Please I need your views and opinions on my issue . I am a prospective postgraduate student of the university of Bremen Germany, I got admission to study Msc environmental physics, my problem now is I can't book appointment for interview because of passport which I applied for some weeks now at the asaba NIS office, I have done the necessary documentation and capturing yet they are telling me there is no booklet to produce the passport,. I even tried to rub their hands maturedly yet the PCO insists that he understands my situation but can't help. I don't know what to do please let me know what I can do about this because time is really running out as the interview appointment at embassy seems to be filled.

Kindly advise
Thank you so much
Best regards

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by daviduzy(m): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2019
OgbeniVan:
Transcript of my interview yesterday 28th June, 2019.

I got to the Embassy by 6.20am for my 7am slot and immediately had my appointment print out stamped. Then I joined a queue. When they were ready to attend to us, they decided to start with short stay candidates first.

After about 1hr 30 mins of waiting, they started attending to Student Visa people. So we left the queue outside and joined the queue on the wooden platform with seats.

Then Paulinus came and started asking us to arrange our documents in a certain order. I don’t recall the exact order but these were the documents he asked for.

2 Application for Visa forms placed face down
2 signed declaration forms on top of them
2 photocopies of your passport data page next.
2 photocopies of your FSLC next with your original placed separately (I didn’t have this and I asked here a few days ago. When I told him that I didn’t have it, he asked me to move on to the next document)
2 photocopies of an old document eg old library card, baptismal certificate etc (at least over 5years old) to verify your age next with the original placed on the FSLC
WAEC or NECO photocopies then their originals on their respective piles
University degree next,
NYSC,
Admission letter (one translation before the other)
Hand written letter of Motivation next,
Curriculum Vitae,
Blocked Account document next
Then any other supporting document you have. One original and 2 photocopies each.

He then pinned the 3 piles of documents together, sighted our visa fees, gave us a gate pass and sent us in.

When I got to the VO, she didn’t ask me a lot of questions.

What did you study as an undergraduate?
Why are you going for this course?
What was your undergraduate project topic?
Why do you want to study in Germany?
What do you know about the Politics in Germany?
Have you applied for a visa before either to Germany or any other country?
Have you blocked funds in your blocked account?
What do you plan to do after your studies?

I wish everyone good luck with their AL, BA, SL and AM. We’ll all meet in Deutschland.
AM awaits you!!

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odimbannamdi(m): 11:46am On Jun 29, 2019
AbayomiLaw:
Am sorry it's coming late...

Got AL from the only School I applied to in January,2019 .

I couldn't meet up for the Summer Semester due to my Involvement in Nigeria Politics.

Learned political juggernaut!

I smell AM!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kamps: 11:56am On Jun 29, 2019
Magma012:
Congratulations!!
The part stated admission letter, one translated b4 the other... I don't understand o..
My admission letter are 4 docs there is one written in German but I doubt is the translation of whot I have in the English version..
What to do here

That's for this info..
See you in DE

@Magma012, is that AL for Philipps Universität, Marburg?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MicroMo: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2019
I have interview in 11 days time. A beg am I to print out the Appointment mail sent to me, and take it along to the embassy?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by decide: 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
Deustchemann:

Well.. there's no harm in adding your MSc stuffs to your interview documents, but you only have to be prepared to tell the VO why you want to do another Masters, And not a PhD.

I intend going with Bsc result, do u think it poses any threat?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sedatylo(m): 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2019
MicroMo:
I have interview in 11 days time. A beg am I to print out the Appointment mail sent to me, and take it along to the embassy?
Yea , its your pass
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kamps: 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2019
MicroMo:

Yes.. that's your pass, what you will show Paulinus, I think
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by danielnwatu(m): 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2019
Magma012:
Congratulations!!
The part stated admission letter, one translated b4 the other... I don't understand o..
My admission letter are 4 docs there is one written in German but I doubt is the translation of whot I have in the English version..
What to do here

That's for this info..
See you in DE

What is FLSC and what is Old Documents. I didn't see this in my Checklist. Is this for student Visa?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Mudi4u: 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2019
MicroMo:

Yes, please this is probably the most important because without it am not sure you will be allowed entrance for your interview.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by danielnwatu(m): 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2019
Magma012:
Congratulations!!
What to do here

That's for this info..
See you in DE

I am also seeing NYSC.
Please can you give me your own Checklist if it is for student Visa
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kamps: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2019
danielnwatu:

What is FLSC and what is Old Documents. I didn't see this in my Checklist. Is this for student Visa?

FSLC means your Primary School Certificate, while Old documents is like school ID, library ID, state of origin older than 5years

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aodiba(m): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2019
Osunguy:

That is exactly what I did but I am yet to get a date for category A thats why I asked. I guess I'll go with the master's admission using the bachelors appointment letter.

Thanks guys for the advise, I really appreciate.

Bro
Go for the interview with your Bachelors admission, that is what cat B is for and you have admission already.
When you eventually get the Visa and arrive DE, you can move to the school that offered you MSc admission.
Don't let the embassy use any mistake to waste your time.
Shalom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2019
MicroMo:
You won't be granted access to the embassy without it.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 12:16pm On Jun 29, 2019
decide:
I intend going with Bsc result, do u think it poses any threat?
It doesn't pose any threat.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by danielnwatu(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2019
Kamps:

FSLC means your Primary School Certificate, while Old documents is like school ID, library ID, state of origin older than 5years
I didn't see old document in my Checklist. Is it necessary for Student Visa?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by badmus306(m): 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2019
danielnwatu:

I didn't see old document in my Checklist. Is it necessary for Student Visa?
It's not in the checklist , but paulinus will ask for it

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2019
Kamps:

Yes.. that's your pass, what you will show Paulinus, I think

Please is that the same as application form?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by badmus306(m): 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2019
deleven:

Haven't heard of anyone who did interview in April with August to October enrollment dates getting AMs

I believe most of the April applicants documents were forwarded to the respective Alien offices between late May and early June. I mailed my Alien office and they confirmed my application was received 5weeks after my interview.
By God's Grace we will get our AMs soon
Hello bro,
Which city is that?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by decide: 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2019
Deustchemann:

It doesn't pose any threat.

OK, thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by danielnwatu(m): 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2019
Hadampson:

Duolingo isn't that effective since you are an Anfänger. Know the basics first before using DUOLINGO.

I won't advice you to start using DUOLINGO because the audio on Duolingo is horrible and computer generated. Duolingo uses one voice, and it is almost impossible to understand as it is computer generated. In learning a language, you really need multiple voices or you're not going to develop language listening skills of any use.

That said, I think Duolingo can be great when used in conjunction with other applications, immersion, language learning classes and other language learning approaches

##

Instead of spending 60k, you can learn German online. Just buy #200 MTN and dial *131*65# then press 2. You will be given 1GB for a week.

Enter instagram and follow these handles below

@unsreddr - For nouns
@hallo_fraufuchs - Pronunciation and grammar
@lernen_sie_deutsch - Nouns/phrases
@langgoals_deutsch - for German conversation
@deutschlernenmitjolca
@dw_deutschlernen - Grammar/Nouns
@deutschmaster - useful phrases
@deutsch_mit_olga
@learngerman_de
@english_deutsch_lernen - Useful phrases
@deutsch_lernen7 - phrases and words
@yablagerman

Also, go to twitter and follow these usernames

@dw_learngerman
@jabbagerman
@_learn_german
@einfachDeutsch

Lastly, download these applications below on play store or Apple Store and follow learn German with Jenny, learn German with Anja, get germanized and learn German in 3 minutes episodes.

•Busuu
•Memrise
•Babbel
•Duolingo
•DW learn German
•German vocabulary
•German grammar task

Personally, i will recommend DEUTSCHTRAINER A1-APP- because the app combines listening, reading and writing and helps you practice basic vocabulary. It is available for free for iOS and Android.

If you have enough time, you can visit my thread for Tipps und Lektion here on nairaland.
https://www.nairaland.com/4834342/deutsch-lernen-mit-hadampson-learning

Once, you have learned German to an extent, use DW learn German to test your level.

Erfolg gehört uns
Is this *131*65# a night plan or you can use it online even during the day?

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Hycent007: 1:13pm On Jun 29, 2019
If you are waiting for university of cologne hands up please. There is something I want to check.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by campichristian(m): 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2019
jide4lagos:

Thanks for your response. I put 30th of August. I was scared before ooo, I was thinking I wouldn't be able to get an appointment before the start of the programme.

Worry less, you’d definitely get a date before then...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by danielnwatu(m): 1:18pm On Jun 29, 2019
Deustchemann:

Come to Lagos, it shouldn't be a problem here.

Besides, on a norms, you shouldn't have been turned back cos the proof of sustenance required by the embassy is for 1yr, not 2.
Unless your scholarship doesn't cover the entire year...

You can open a blocked account and go for the interview with the opening confirmation, alongside your scholarship.

But then.. I've not heard of this before.. odindi scholarship undecided

How can I open a blocked account?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sassy92(f): 1:20pm On Jun 29, 2019
Go on twitter and tweet at them @nigimmigration. I had the same issue with the Port Harcourt office; for 2 months after biometrics capturing, they kept telling me they didn't have booklets, till someone gave me this advice. My passport was produced the same day I tweeted and given to me.

chiboy429:
Good morning all the ogas in the house. I greet you all.
Please I need your views and opinions on my issue . I am a prospective postgraduate student of the university of Bremen Germany, I got admission to study Msc environmental physics, my problem now is I can't book appointment for interview because of passport which I applied for some weeks now at the asaba NIS office, I have done the necessary documentation and capturing yet they are telling me there is no booklet to produce the passport,. I even tried to rub their hands maturedly yet the PCO insists that he understands my situation but can't help. I don't know what to do please let me know what I can do about this because time is really running out as the interview appointment at embassy seems to be filled.

Kindly advise
Thank you so much
Best regards

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.