Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (600764 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Meddyakki: 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
AM arrived just now... interview date : 27th February 7am AM: 25th March 2:28pm... Thanks to everyone here... TUM here I come.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by tetammy622: 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2019
Good afternoon fam. Please I need help with purchasing my travel health insurance. Thanks a million
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by tetammy622: 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2019
Meddyakki:
AM arrived just now... interview date : 27th February 7am
AM: 25th March 2:28pm... Thanks to everyone here... TUM here I come.
Congrats dear
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by tadenuga(m): 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
odimbannamdi:

This was very helpful

Is this for me?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kuchiowong(m): 2:52pm On Mar 25, 2019
Meddyakki:
Congrats.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
Eldeee:

In my humble opinion, I don't think you should be so bothered about the tuition issue to this extent you stated. Just get the admission first, even though finances might hinder some processes, but once you don show, you don show be that and invariably something somehow somehow go happen.

From information I gathered so far, Karlsruhe gives you two years straight when you go to extend your permit, so invariably you don't have much to worry for the second year as per showing another block money. Now if you plan yourself very well, you see you can easily pay your tuitions each semester while you work and study.

Usually from what I also learnt, the first six months are somehow tedious cos of the compulsory modules to be taken as well as settling down issues, so to be more realistic, you can go for a job before the second semester commence.

The profs are really nice and friendly only if you demonstrate seriousness, but don't expect to be spoon fed.Just be a good chap, lol. They are highly connected as a good number of them are already in the industry and they link their students to very good job offers. Imagine getting a student job offer for something above €1000/month.

In all, you will definitely be fine. So it's possible to sail through the storm nevertheless. All the very best.

NB: Am not trying to down play the tuition fees issues, am just giving you some possibilities I know do exist, based on details made available to me through seniors.

Thanks so much for your wonderful response
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bl33d(m): 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
Meddyakki:
congrats
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by originalwarriman(m): 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
tetammy622:
Good afternoon fam. Please I need help with purchasing my travel health insurance. Thanks a million

What kind of help do you need?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Godsgracee: 3:16pm On Mar 25, 2019
Congrats!! Have you gotten accommodation? If yes, how did you go about it?
Meddyakki:
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ploff: 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hi Guys,

If all the schools i am applying to are through UniAssist, can i have my school send my official transcript directly to them as it can be quite challenging trying to get hold of it myself.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by vinlyreeks(m): 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2019
ploff:
Hi Guys,

If all the schools i am applying to are through UniAssist, can i have my school send my official transcript directly to them as it can be quite challenging trying to get hold of it myself.

Yea they can send it directly but it's better you collect it and send it yourself there are tips here on how to get the official copy or get the student copy some people have used it to pull
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Champion100(f): 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
Meddyakki:

Congratulations..... What course?!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by henriq2: 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
tadenuga:
Hello house
Good afternoon, I'm currently studying a Degree program (International business) at EU Business School Munich [in-complete semester, but I will like to switch to Rhein-waal University of Applied sciences to study (International Relations) due to the heavy financial demands from EU. I'll appreciate if you could guide me on the best ways and options available to go about this.
I humbly wait for your favourable response.
Thank you.

Just start a fresh application. Just follow their application process on their website.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Well,let me start with these scenarios:

1) I applied to University of Munster, without adhering to their instruction on certifying of documents I got rejected.

2) I wanted to apply for a program in Unibremen, regarding their certification, I mailed them they replied, but we had some misunderstanding about their certification requirements, so, they now agreed I can upload my documents without certification during my application, and if I am selected for the programme I can go to the embassy to certify my documents and send to them via postal mail.

From my experience, I think you should mail them again and see if they will reply. But if they don't just pray and see how events may play around. Please, make sure you're sending the mails to the right mail address (programme coordinator), so it can be attended to fast.
For Bremen the embassy certified document is the only doc for enrollment you can upload either certified or uncertified but for enrollment it must be certified by embassy and you can send it ahead for proxy enrollment or go with it to do your enrollment by yourself

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2019
Philfit:
Thanks, was hearing somewhere uni assist only reviews 2.5 and above
Nah nah nah.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2019
odimbannamdi:

This was very helpful
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Wande15(f): 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2019
Congrats
quote author=Meddyakki post=76972571]AM arrived just now... interview date : 27th February 7am
AM: 25th March 2:28pm... Thanks to everyone here... TUM here I come. [/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2019
Meddyakki:
Congratulations.
What course??

Cc: Chriswazo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2019
vinlyreeks:

Amen Brotherly Testimonies will go round and you will surely grab yours soon. your answers to questions here i learnt from it too.
All i did was read and from reading you could decipher between good and better. I always had one thing on my Mind and it was BA. People have travelled on bought SL tho but they should be kind enough to tell others what coping without BA for a newbie in Germany is like. I dont know maybe people think when they pay for SL on arrival to DE the 1mill or so will be refunded to them or something grin biko its gone already. At least you will need cash for your semester fee, sometimes 3months of rent upfront. By the end of the day Nigga fit done spend over 500k and this is compulsory for a newbie.

like how much in naira should one budget for everything including
1. Visa fee
2. Flight fee
3. Block account
4. Three months expenses accommodation upfront payment (if compulsory).
I heard BA is released in parts every month. Will some money be released for me immediately I enter Germany to use and buy some necessary things for my settlement or do I need to enter with cash at hand in addition to BA.

I want to know so that I know how much I have now and how much needed.
Thanks so much.

PLEASE, those already in Germany should answer.
@Eldee
Being stranded in Germany is the last thing I expect

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MOTOPARK: 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
Meddyakki:
congrats
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
dailydolar:

For Bremen the embassy certified document is the only doc for enrollment you can upload either certified or uncertified but for enrollment it must be certified by embassy and you can send it ahead for proxy enrollment or go with it to do your enrollment by yourself

Yes they told me to upload my uncertifide documents for my application , that if I am selected for the programme,then I will certify at the embassy and send to them.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by iblion: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
Deustchemann:

It depends on what the schools wants you to do.

For schools like FAU Erlangen-Nurnberg and LMU Munich, you'll send a separate application to the international office too.

Know exactly what your school wants from you. If you're in doubt, the best place to get clarification is from the course coordinator.

Thanks Chief

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Teejay004(m): 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
iPOD007:

Hello Teejay, please send me a PM, i wuld love to get some information.

I've replied your mail
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2019
Goztino:

like how much in naira should one budget for everything including
1. Visa fee
2. Flight fee
3. Block account
4. Three months expenses accommodation upfront payment (if compulsory).
I heard BA is released in parts every month. Will some money be released for me immediately I enter Germany to use and buy some necessary things for my settlement or do I need to enter with cash at hand in addition to BA.

I want to know so that I know how much I have now and how much needed.
Thanks so much.

PLEASE, those already in Germany should answer.
@Eldee
Being stranded in Germany is the last thing I expect

I usually don't like giving such advice, cos in essence you tell people one thing, they hear another thing and they misquote you saying a different thing.

I don't know why you think you will be stranded, unless you want to tell me say you no get naija blood. Bros survival is the game, pls take it one step at a time, you go definitely see boys for street wey go show you the way as long as you don't seclude yourself.

Don't tell me you have been buying garri the same price for some time now, what am I trying to say, there's inflation and there's fluctuations in forex. So giving you a random total cost will not do you much good, cos you will definitely hear a different thing from what I will say.

All the fees for the aforementioned differ in most cases with time depending on how you source for it. Fintiba is not the same with Deutsche bank, Turkish airline is not the same with emirates, studentenwerk houses is not the same with private accommodations, mawista is not the same with AOK.

Ich hoffe du verstehst.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Obinnafrancis(m): 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2019
Meddyakki:

Congrats bro. DE awaits you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2019
Congrats!!

Meddyakki:
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DeejahAJ: 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
Thanks a lot honourableseyi
honourableseyi:

Send an Email to the Embassy requesting for personal pickup. You can also send someone you trust on your behalf for visa pickup at the Embassy. It is very possible too. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Milkbooster: 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hello Gurus
am new here , though have been following
Am an HND graduate in Mechanical Engineering with upper credit 3.34

1. will i be able to be admitted for Bsc or Msc?

2. someone should help me with the list of university without uni assist , Engineering in Mechanical, mechatronics, or any engineering course

3. can i register on uni assist before schools i will be applying for open application for winter

i really want to upgrade my education , this HND discrimination in Nigeria at work place is not good at all
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by clintonsparkz(m): 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Yes they told me to upload my uncertifide documents for my application , that if I am selected for the programme,then I will certify at the embassy and send to them.
pls does Uni Bremen set exams after you have been chosen, saw some earlier post of guys saying exams would be written before admission will role out? is it all courses?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
clintonsparkz:
pls does Uni Bremen set exams after you have been chosen, saw some earlier post of guys saying exams would be written before admission will role out? is it all courses?

I think it depends on the programme you are applying to.i checked the admission procedure for my programme I didn't see such thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.