Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,589 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad (1500 Views)

What Is The Worst Sin A Christian Can Commit / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 7:33am On Feb 24, 2019
Few weeks ago, there was a thread on Nairaland front page which debated whether a Christian can suffer mental illness. I wasn’t surprised to see satanists, atheists and unbelievers agreeing that a Christian can run mad. According to them, mental illness is just a sickness just like any other sickness. I was however surprised to see people who call themselves Christians also agreeing to their argument. Well, I believe they agreed with such due to their ignorance and lack of study of the Bible. Also, many of them aren’t really Christians because they are not saved. They were just born into a so-called Christian home, attend church and therefore think they are Christians. Let’s first of all see who a Christian is. It is from there we will know if one can suffer mental illness.

A Christian is someone that has been born of God or born again. When you accept Jesus Christ, God immediately pours the Holy Spirit into you as a seal of what he bought until he comes to fully redeem his possession.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 King James Version (KJV)
21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

John 3:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

We receive the spirit of God by believing in Jesus Christ and therefore we become sons of God.

John 1:12 King James Version (KJV)
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

2 Corinthians 5:17 King James Version (KJV)
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

If you are a person who believes he can lose his salvation, then you are not a Christian. A true Christian is he who believes totally in Jesus as his means to eternal life in heaven. His believes the words of Jesus which says he will not cast any of his sheep out neither will he lose all that the father has given him.

John 10:27-31 King James Version (KJV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

If Jesus Christ is not going to lose you, then why do you think you can lose the salvation and the eternal life he has given you? He’s the one who saved you and therefore cannot lose you. If you believe you can lose your salvation which came with eternal life, then you have called Jesus a liar by saying the eternal life can end if you sin. If that eternal life can end, then was it ever eternal? Believing you can lose your salvation and eternal life is the same as not believing in Jesus at all. The verse below shows that a simple believe in Jesus means you now have eternal life which is life everlasting, it cannot end, nothing can end it, not even sin.

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The above is just a bit to differentiate between a true Christian and a false believer who is basing his salvation on his own works of righteousness instead of Christ’s precious blood which redeems one time and forever.
Now, to the main topic which says that a Christian can never run mad or suffer mental illness. Kindly read the below passage carefully, word after word.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

As seen above, the Holy Spirit which God gave true Christians when they accepted Jesus Christ is a spirit of power, love and of a sound mind. This alone destroys every talk that a Christian can suffer mental illness. We can’t because the spirit gives us a sound mind which is the opposite of insanity which people suffering from mental illness are said to have.

One thing you also need to know is that what the medical world is calling mental illness is actually demon possession. That’s why I believe the psychiatric field is one big fraud. Look at all those whom Jesus drove out demons from them, they all did things they didn’t know they were doing. Some threw themselves into fire while some cut themselves and foamed in the mouth. One even spoke with a different voice. Is that any different from what we see among those suffering from the cute name mental illness? Have you ever wondered why the medical field never cure any of them? That’s because they are fraud. They are just using them to make money by selling drugs upon drugs to them which never get them cured. What the demon possessed person needs is Jesus, not drugs and injections. Jesus drove out a legion of demons from a man. Those demons left and entered into a herd of swine of 2000. That just shows how many the demons were. Mary Magdalene had 7 devils driven out of her. Jesus also healed a young boy who had a demon that always made him throw himself into the fire and sometimes attempted to drown himself. Jesus is the end to insanity.

1 Like

Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 7:35am On Feb 24, 2019
Now, some people might be quick to say madness isn’t demon possession, and that it’s just another sickness like headache, fever and malaria. Even with that thought, a Christian still can’t suffer mental illness or madness. Let’s start by going through the different types of mental illness as classified by the medical field.

1. Mood altering aka Depression

A Christian cannot suffer such because he has the Holy Spirit which comes with certain fruits. Now, what are the fruits of the Holy Spirit?
Galatians 5:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The above verse says someone who has the Holy Spirit has joy. This means such a person can never be depressed because he’s joyous all the time. The joy of the Lord is our strength.

Romans 14:12
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost

2. Addiction

A Christian cannot be addicted because he is not a slave. Someone who’s addicted to something is a slave to that thing. But we who follow Jesus have been freed from addiction and are not slaves because he made us Sons of God.

John 8:34-36
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Jesus is the cure for Addiction.

3. Phobias

This is another word for fear or being scared. As seen below, the Holy Spirit which God gave us is not the spirit of fear. The fruit of the spirit is of peace. Someone who is at peace is not afraid of anything.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

4. Personality Disorders

This is like when a person has many personalities. He does something and later on he can’t remember he did such because he’s now operating in another personality. This is demon possession which the medical word has given a cute name so as to sell drugs and make money.

5. Schizophrenia

Definition from WebMD: Schizophrenia is a serious brain disorder that distorts the way a person thinks, acts, expresses emotions, perceives reality, and relates to others. People with schizophrenia -- the most chronic and disabling of the major mental illnesses -- often have problems functioning in society, at work, at school, and in relationships. Schizophrenia can leave its sufferer frightened and withdrawn. It is a life-long disease that cannot be cured but can be controlled with proper treatment.

As seen above, when a person has schizophrenia, he is unable to function in certain places. The cure which the medical world doesn’t have is Jesus. Once such a person gets the Holy Spirit, he will overcome the spiritual problem which is what it is. The Holy Spirit will give him all he needs to function properly in society.

Galatians 5:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Look Christians, you cannot run mad or suffer from mental illness. This is because…

1 John 4:4 King James Version (KJV)
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Doesn’t listen to atheists who are deluded by thinking the spirit world doesn’t exist. They are mad, and it’s madness to think no one created the world and that everything just came from nothing. That’s insanity, and the moment you accept Jesus the creator of all things, you immediately stop believing in that garbage.

Don't listen to Satanists because those ones are highly possessed with demons.

Don’t listen to Muslims because it is insanity to believe it is okay for a prophet to marry a 6yr old and consummate the marriage when she clocked 9yrs.

Listen to the Bible which is the word of God which says…

1 John 4:4 King James Version (KJV)
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 Like

Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by StupidInyamiri: 7:36am On Feb 24, 2019
angry Atikulation
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by okomile(f): 7:49am On Feb 24, 2019
Story!
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by MJBOLT: 7:53am On Feb 24, 2019
but christians can suffer cancer,HIV/AIDS,malaria etc.religion making people foolish since 1960

2 Likes

Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by hisgrace090: 7:53am On Feb 24, 2019
Demonic powers always trying to divert peoples attention from her activities so that they can continue feasting on their ignorant.

Note- The spiritual rulls the physical!
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 7:56am On Feb 24, 2019
MJBOLT:
but christians can suffer cancer,HIV/AIDS,malaria etc.religion making people foolish since 1960

All those aren't spiritual problems.

Don't be a fool who derails a thread by speaking out of context.
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by MJBOLT: 7:58am On Feb 24, 2019
so something that affects the brain is now spiritual,who is the fool now?

alBHAGDADI:

2 Likes

Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 8:00am On Feb 24, 2019
MJBOLT:
so something that affects the brain is now spiritual,who is the fool now?

Yeah, it affects the brain... that's the stupid thing they make you believe. Yet, they haven't been able to cure any of such.
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by SUPERPACK: 8:02am On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

only a single injection is enough to make you run mad���, mental illness is as a result of neurochemical imbalance.
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by MJBOLT: 8:03am On Feb 24, 2019
and how many have your pastors found the cure to undecided they cannot even cure simple headache

alBHAGDADI:
Yeah, it affects the brain... that's the stupid thing they make you believe. Yet, they haven't been able to cure any of such.
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by shadeyinka(m): 8:10am On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Now, some people might be quick to say madness isn’t demon possession, and that it’s just another sickness like headache, fever and malaria. Even with that thought, a Christian still can’t suffer mental illness or madness. Let’s start by going through the different types of mental illness as classified by the medical field.

I know you mean well but Christians can suffer mental problems!

You need to understand that a human being is a Trinity consisting of:
A Body
A Soul and
A Spirit
Each of these three identities of man can be sick!

Salvation is the Deliverance of the Human Spirit from Spiritual Sickness (which leads to eternal death). However, a Christian can be born again yet be physically sick or mentally sick ( sickness of the soul): this do not make him/her less of a Christian.

If you have any questions, I can break it down for you.
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by shadeyinka(m): 8:10am On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

A Body
A Soul and
A Spirit

Salvation is the Deliverance of the Human Spirit from Spiritual Sickness (which leads to eternal death).

However, a Christian can be born again yet be physically sick or mentally sick ( sickness of the soul): this do not make him/her less of a Christian.

Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 8:15am On Feb 24, 2019
SUPERPACK:
only a single injection is enough to make you run mad���, mental illness is as a result of neurochemical imbalance.
Yes, the chemical I'm balance makes the person start to talk to unseen people and also cut himself.

Chemical Imbalance indeed.

The injection you are talking about is simply chemical poisoning just as Sarin. It renders you useless, a thing someone like you wrongly attributes to madness.
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 8:16am On Feb 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

A Body
A Soul and
A Spirit

Salvation is the Deliverance of the Human Spirit from Spiritual Sickness (which leads to eternal death).

However, a Christian can be born again yet be physically sick or mentally sick ( sickness of the soul): this do not make him/her less of a Christian.

Did you read the OP at all, or are you even a Christian?

You concocted a pile of junk with no Bible verse to support it.
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 8:17am On Feb 24, 2019
MJBOLT:
and how many have your pastors found the cure to undecided they cannot even cure simple headache

How many pastors have you met?
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by internationalman(m): 8:20am On Feb 24, 2019
If a Christian can die I don't see why they can't run mad..

We are first of all humans before Christian.

1 Like

Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 8:36am On Feb 24, 2019
internationalman:
If a Christian can die I don't see why they can't run mad..

We are first of all humans before Christian.

You are not a Christian, my friend. Perhaps, you didn't read the OP.

Seun lalasticlala

Why is this educative thread not on front page?
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by shadeyinka(m): 8:43am On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I wish you had poked holes in the anti scriptural junks I just posted.

Have you read Jesus sermon on the mount? How much of the "scriptures" did he quote to validate His preachings. I am my Father's Son, don't be annoyed when I speak like Him and not like the Pharisees who need to validate every word with the Torah!
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 8:44am On Feb 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

I wish you had poked holes in the anti scriptural junks I just posted.

Have you read Jesus sermon on the mount? How much of the "scriptures" did he quote to validate His preachings. I am my Father's Son, don't be annoyed when I speak like Him and not like the Pharisees who need to validate every word with the Torah!

Which scriptural junk did you post?
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Maxi3k(m): 8:47am On Feb 24, 2019
This is the dumbest thing I've read this year
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by shadeyinka(m): 8:49am On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Which scriptural junk did you post?

alBHAGDADI:

Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 8:53am On Feb 24, 2019
^^^
Shadeyinka
Can't you see clearly that you are confused?
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by shadeyinka(m): 9:02am On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
^^^

Shadeyinka

Can't you see clearly that you are confused?
Kai!
Please be civil!
All you needed to do was poke holes in my assertions and probably backed up with the scriptures.

Your Point:
Christians cannot have mental problems!
My Position:
Christians can have mental problems!

My Arguments:
shadeyinka:

A Body
A Soul and
A Spirit

What is needed is your Civil Response AND reasons! according to 1Pt3:15
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by InansBobo(m): 9:46am On Feb 24, 2019
So op you haven't seen a Christian that became mad before?

You think Christians aren't challenged?
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 9:56am On Feb 24, 2019
InansBobo:
So op you haven't seen a Christian that became mad before?

You think Christians aren't challenged?

Christians are challenged, but not mental illness or demon possession kind of challenge.
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by internationalman(m): 9:57am On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are not a Christian, my friend. Perhaps, you didn't read the OP.

Seun lalasticlala

Why is this educative thread not on front page?
Please don't dictate my religion for me..

Another trait of Christian fanatics I hate.
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 10:00am On Feb 24, 2019
internationalman:

Please don't dictate my religion for me..

Another trait of Christian fanatics I hate.

A Christian who thinks he can suffer mental illness, even when the Bible says God gave us a spirit of sound mind, such a person is not a Christian.
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by internationalman(m): 10:07am On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

A Christian who thinks he can suffer mental I'll essence, even when the Bible says God gave us a spirit of sound mind, such a person is not a Christian.
You an hypocrite if you suffer anything at all in your life
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

is madness spiritual?
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2019
nwabekeyi:
is madness spiritual?
Yes, but the medical world won't tell you that. They are in it for the business
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Yes, but the medical world won't tell you that. They are in it for the business
lolz..
Are you sure you are not mad yourself?

I'm a medical practitioner Sir, I can help you

smiley smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is White Wedding Biblical? / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight In War / The Ark Of The Covenant Is Officially Being Cleaned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.