Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria (17814 Views)

Unilag Industrial Mathematics Or Lasu Computer Science / I Was Given Industrial Mathematics To Study / What Is The Difference Between Industrial Mathematics And Pure Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by ultimate73(m): 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2019
SweetBuns:
Help atiku calculate and count his losses grin
U are a wicked somebori
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by RealityShot: 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbappe:
What can i do with bsc in industrial mathematics in Nigeria.pls I need a mature advice
become a stocktrader or
get ICAN & ACAA in accounting
and become a top accountant.

the simplest is to get PGDE and teach maths
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by miniziter(m): 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2019
INEC will need you
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by Admitwithschola: 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbappe:
What can i do with bsc in industrial mathematics in Nigeria.pls I need a mature advice

I'm happy I found this..

If you have at least a 2:1, the closer to 4.5, the better, then quickly contact us. There're different options, but I'm not talking about working immediately. Contact us sha, let's talk.

Note - We've no money to ask from you..Only to help a fellow Nigerian, provided you meet our cut
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by olajyde60(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbappe:

INEC Resident Electoral Commisioner
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by streetsoldier1(m): 5:19pm On Feb 26, 2019
So after voting buhari, you are here to seek advice, abeg shift go one side or you apply as high-neck residential officer!!! You get plenty billions from politicians every elections and use the money for business
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by aliscomonaj: 5:31pm On Feb 26, 2019
My advice for you is that you should go and learn oracle and SQL Server Management. From there you can grow into becoming the best data mining specilist. Is a nice course, you can work almost anywhere.
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by Dayo45251: 5:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]see below

Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by shadeyinka(m): 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbappe:
Do you want the truth?

Nothing!

Why?

There is hardly any Nigerian Industry that has a living R& D section. The best any Nigerian company has is a glorified Quality Control Unit (which they call R& D).

It's a ressult of our general backwardness which prevents us from inventing and innovating. We would rather import finished goods.
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by shadeyinka(m): 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbappe:
Do you want the truth?

Nothing!

Why?

There is hardly anny Nigerian Industry that has a living R&grin section. The best any Nigerian company has is a glorified Quality Control Unit (which they call R&grin).

It's a ressult of our general backwardness which prevents us from inventing and innovating. We would rather import finished goods.
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Apply for job in inec Offis, or NURTW
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by VajanahDischaj(f): 5:53pm On Feb 26, 2019
NOTHING!!!
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by mechanics(m): 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2019
correctyourself:

You can be the one calculating and telling us the number of industry in Nigeria.
funny.
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by doziecool: 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbappe:

work in Inec... grin
mbappe:

work in Inec...
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by lordmassac(m): 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbappe:

My brother, companies will be running after you.
Just get a good grade.
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by smasher1(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbappe:

I finished with that course 12 years ago. I have been in the banking industry for close to a decade.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by nkayclement: 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2019
smasher1:

I finished with that course 12 years ago. I have been in the banking industry for close to a decade.

Same here too, finished from Uniben with strong 2.1. Can I send you my CV if you could help me out. Been out out job for some months now. Thanks
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by mechanics(m): 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2019
You can work anywhere.
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by mcyemite(m): 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbappe:
what was your intention when you choose the course... Bragging right?
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by Hahjascho(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbappe:
Also, don't be bewildered at some of the Negative comments you get here on Nairaland....many are already frustrated.... just stick to the ones that add values to you.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by staen: 9:50pm On Feb 26, 2019
mbappe:
organise maths lesson for primary school kids
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by ronyman(m): 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2019
Enyi ga degharia jamb
mbappe:
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by sly3(m): 12:34am On Feb 27, 2019
I'll start by giving you an advice someone gave me earlier during my undergraduates. For a course like Industrial Mathematics in a country like Nigeria, you need to stand out to be relevant else you'll end up in the classroom which may not necessarily be a bad thing. The demand for quality Mathematics teachers in Nigeria is crazy.

I remember reading posts on Nairaland and some other blogs looking for answers just like you're doing now and the most common phrase was that as a Mathematician you can work anywhere but it is that mindset of sitting on the fence that has left a lot of us jobless.

As a Mathematician, you have career opportunities in Finance, IT, Education, Business,... but you have to be deliberate! Know exactly what you want and build yourself to stand out. You also need good grades.

I am currently a banker, the MD of my bank is a Mathematician, the Group Head, IT is a Mathematician, My bank recently won awards like “Nigeria’s Most Innovative Retail Bank of the year, 2018”, "Africa's Most Innovative Bank of the Year, 2018" Guess the name of my bank!

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by Wheezy123(m): 12:51pm On Feb 27, 2019
You can use it and become INEC Chairman for 2023 grin grin
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 28, 2019
mbappe:

Young man you are blessed. Don't mind the number of arrogant ignoble fellows making mockery of you. Industrial mathematics is an extremely good course. I will outline some advice for you.
1. First of all most importantly, graduate with at least a 2:1. and while sometimes it is necessary to be "LA cram, LA pour", as much as it is within your power, try to get a firm grasp and understanding of all you will be taught. Put simply don't just read to pass, read to know. This would help you build a solid foundation for whatever field of endeavour you choose to move into.

2. As much as possible, have a firm grip on the concepts of probability, statistics, calculus and mathematical modelling. These are extremely useful.

3. Next set your eyes on a major field where you can apply your knowledge to. You have to choose between data science and analytics, IT; networking, software engineering(not just web design, but hardcore softwares with crazy algorithms and data structures), finance, retail etc. Note you will not focus on these yet, but have it in mind that you are building your foundation in mathematics for application to these fields. So PLEASE totally focus on your INDUSTRIAL MATHEMATICS for the time you are in school. But keep the future in mind.
4. Join relevant professional bodies even as a student. Join the Student body for mechanical engineers, especially in 3rd year and final year see how you can apply your knowledge of mathematics for modeling of engineering designs and others, build a rapport with a seasoned computer scientist..(one that knows his/her onions), tell him/her to put you through on where you can apply your knowledge of mathematics ( I know of data structures and algorithms), and build a rapport with a person in finance and ask how you can apply your knowledge of mathematics to financial modelling.
Then partner with either students or friendly lecturers and write academic papers based on your work with the aforementioned sets of persons. It builds your profile as a student.
PLEASE don't do this at the expense of your STUDIES. In fact rather than wasting your TIME(this shit is important) on girlfriends, clubbing, or wrong friends..do this (No 4) instead. It is so good for your future.

5. Get a firm grip of softwares like MATLAB and EXCEL including EXCEL VBA. Also learn the programming languages PYTHON and C#. Especially PYTHON. Do this one during your long breaks after year 2 Second semester and during your industrial Attachment (IT).

6. Above all, on the. Spiritual side, build a solid relationship with God, Pray to God and sow good seeds by honouring your parents. Rather than waste money on flexxin, buy a gift package and give it to your father and your mother and tell them specifically to bless you. If you k ow the power behind these things I am telling you..you will rush to start doing them.

Avoid bad friends, and most especially immoral women. It takes one karashika woman to rubbish you and set you back a long way even after doing all these (speaking from a painful experience). They always go after people who are serious and are about making it big in their future. Please o, don't let the devil use you count scores. Sex is never a favour to you, don't let the nonsense you see make you believe a woman is doing you a favour by sleeping with you. Some persons have filthy souls and they are usually the most arrogant, deceptive and proud. Avoid them..some people don't even know Satan is using them.

By the way I'm a recent pet engine grad..good result 2:1 and I started applying this approach n my final year and it has really helped me.

You are just so blessed. Don't waste it. I learnt most of these thorough pains, but the gains I have superceed the pains I went through.

#SUCCESS.
SHALOM

7 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by nkayclement: 9:24am On Feb 28, 2019
soul95:

Young man you are blessed. Don't mind the number of arrogant ignoble fellows making mockery of you. Industrial mathematics is an extremely good course. I will outline some advice for you.
1. First of all most importantly, graduate with at least a 2:1. and while sometimes it is necessary to be "LA cram, LA pour", as much as it is within your power, try to get a firm grasp and understanding of all you will be taught. Put simply don't just read to pass, read to know. This would help you build a solid foundation for whatever field of endeavour you choose to move into.

2. As much as possible, have a firm grip on the concepts of probability, statistics, calculus and mathematical modelling. These are extremely useful.

3. Next set your eyes on a major field where you can apply your knowledge to. You have to choose between data science and analytics, IT; networking, software engineering(not just web design, but hardcore softwares with crazy algorithms and data structures), finance, retail etc. Note you will not focus on these yet, but have it in mind that you are building your foundation in mathematics for application to these fields. So PLEASE totally focus on your INDUSTRIAL MATHEMATICS for the time you are in school. But keep the future in mind.
4. Join relevant professional bodies even as a student. Join the Student body for mechanical engineers, especially in 3rd year and final year see how you can apply your knowledge of mathematics for modeling of engineering designs and others, build a rapport with a seasoned computer scientist..(one that knows his/her onions), tell him/her to put you through on where you can apply your knowledge of mathematics ( I know of data structures and algorithms), and build a rapport with a person in finance and ask how you can apply your knowledge of mathematics to financial modelling.
Then partner with either students or friendly lecturers and write academic papers based on your work with the aforementioned sets of persons. It builds your profile as a student.
PLEASE don't do this at the expense of your STUDIES. In fact rather than wasting your TIME(this shit is important) on girlfriends, clubbing, or wrong friends..do this (No 4) instead. It is so good for your future.

5. Get a firm grip of softwares like MATLAB and EXCEL including EXCEL VBA. Also learn the programming languages PYTHON and C#. Especially PYTHON. Do this one during your long breaks after year 2 Second semester and during your industrial Attachment (IT).

6. Above all, on the. Spiritual side, build a solid relationship with God, Pray to God and sow good seeds by honouring your parents. Rather than waste money on flexxin, buy a gift package and give it to your father and your mother and tell them specifically to bless you. If you k ow the power behind these things I am telling you..you will rush to start doing them.

Avoid bad friends, and most especially immoral women. It takes one karashika woman to rubbish you and set you back a long way even after doing all these (speaking from a painful experience). They always go after people who are serious and are about making it big in their future. Please o, don't let the devil use you count scores. Sex is never a favour to you, don't let the nonsense you see make you believe a woman is doing you a favour by sleeping with you. Some persons have filthy souls and they are usually the most arrogant, deceptive and proud. Avoid them..some people don't even know Satan is using them.

By the way I'm a recent pet engine grad..good result 2:1 and I started applying this approach n my final year and it has really helped me.

You are just so blessed. Don't waste it. I learnt most of these thorough pains, but the gains I have superceed the pains I went through.

#SUCCESS.
SHALOM

May God continue to bless your hand work for this free candid advise. Have a stress free day!

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by Admitwithschola: 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2019
soul95:

#SUCCESS.
SHALOM

Nice post young man..Great efforts

But I think the OP already has a degree - perhaps am wrong but I think not...

Some of us read that same math many years ago. It opened doors into other thinfs
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by jsquire: 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2019
Lakside1955:
Be counting money in church cool

Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by CrazyJill: 3:45am On Mar 26, 2019
Well, if we talk about tutors in mathematics, then I know one pretty good company that provides tutoring services. I myself turned to this company to find a tutor. And I found this man to be really professional and that helped me a lot. Here is the site of this company https://www.ezymathtutoring.com.au/tutors/brunswick-3056. I think this is the best way to find a good tutor yourself
Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by noblesam(m): 11:11am On Oct 21, 2021
Hi , i see this an old post . but for the purpose of people who are in same situation
First degree is just a starting point ...
They key thing is to have a very good grade.
Be intentional about which field you want to find your self -
For you it could be Banking , IT, Sales, Supply Chain , Financial Market etc.
Seek to penetrate any of these via entry level, internship or even contract employment.
Work to get a PG Dip , MSc or professional certifications in identified field
Also learn on the job , personal study and ask questions , take up roles even if not rewarding in the immediate
Beleive me , when it will start paying off , you will be smiling all the way.

Personally i read one of the most rejected course in Nigeria - Zoology
But today i am a Supply Chain Pro
I now have PGD and MSc in Supply Chain Management and belong to local and international professional bodies
My experience is awesome and job interviews i get is really impressive
Thank God i did not rush back to school immediately to do a MSc in a field i did not like....

As a mathematician you can even find yourself doing sales at early stage
With some experience , you can do an MBA , or with some other added requirement.
belong to professional bodies
Next you are on you route to been a commercial business manager that has the capacity to becoming an MD of a company.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria by dannysugar: 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2021
noblesam:

Hi , i see this an old post . but for the purpose of people who are in same situation
First degree is just a starting point ...
They key thing is to have a very good grade.
Be intentional about which field you want to find your self -
For you it could be Banking , IT, Sales, Supply Chain , Financial Market etc.
Seek to penetrate any of these via entry level, internship or even contract employment.
Work to get a PG Dip , MSc or professional certifications in identified field
Also learn on the job , personal study and ask questions , take up roles even if not rewarding in the immediate
Beleive me , when it will start paying off , you will be smiling all the way.

Personally i read one of the most rejected course in Nigeria - Zoology
But today i am a Supply Chain Pro
I now have PGD and MSc in Supply Chain Management and belong to local and international professional bodies
My experience is awesome and job interviews i get is really impressive
Thank God i did not rush back to school immediately to do a MSc in a field i did not like....

As a mathematician you can even find yourself doing sales at early stage
With some experience , you can do an MBA , or with some other added requirement.
belong to professional bodies
Next you are on you route to been a commercial business manager that has the capacity to becoming an MD of a company.

Hello Oga. Please i sent a private mail. Can i reach you for your advise on something please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

School Building Collapses At Amukoko Apapa, Lagos (Photos) / UNN Increases School Fees By 100%, As #JusticeForUNNstudents Trends / Rose-Margaret Ekeng-Itua: World’s First Black Female Ph.d Holder In Cybernetics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.