Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus (34739 Views)

CJN Suspension: Our Democracy Is On Fire - House Of Reps Speaker, Dogara / You Are A Danger To Our Democracy- Oby Comes For Buhari. / Zamfara Killings Unacceptable, Threat To Our Democracy – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Jellyberry(m): 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2019
LordCenturion:

Trump is a Nigerian citizen?... Let me know when u wake up from Ur dream
Lol i just dey laugh pdp ,bt 4 how they still get suporters still strange to me ,a party that support any criminal apc expose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2019
FarahAideed:
I implore the PDP to release the results gathered in its PVT immediately .... We reject that false result INEC is reading

cheesy
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Trypant(f): 7:21pm On Feb 25, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Whether you like it or not only Inec is empowered to release results.
Pdp releasing any result would just hit up the polity.

that polity better hit up! Atiku should not accept this result if he is not the winner!!
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by sweetTai(m): 7:21pm On Feb 25, 2019
Secondus, your gravy train is under threat. If Atiku had won? His corruption would have made GEJ look like a learner. Awon Ole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by namio10: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nigeria's democracy under threat since the day fear made Jonathan refuse to continue as president, and Asiwaju fetched retired Buhari to return to contest election for President of Nigeria in 2015.

Buhari robbed hundred million Nigerians their democracy in 1983.
Nigeria has hardly recovered from that when Jonathan committed the blunder of 2015, and later said that he had felt like in a cage all the 16 years he was in govt house.

An OBJ in the position of Jonathan in 2014/15 would not have returned Nigeria back to the anti-democracy group who used militarily rule for about 30 years till 1999 to doctor Nigeria's independence political structure and stalemated Nigeria's economic advancement since then, Nigeria in quota and indolent citizenry phenomenon.

President Buhari is from the conservative and anti-democracy Sokoto Caliphate.
He can't return what he doesn't have.
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Bukato: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2019
FarahAideed:
I implore the PDP to release the results gathered in its PVT immediately .... We reject that false result INEC is reading

But unfortunately, the constitution recognises that of INEC... Wailers Association Of Nigeria. .
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by bumzylongs: 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
authehighness:
atiku won but he will not rule nigeria as i saw twice in the vision of the night military will take over,buhari is always good in truncating nigeria democracy
u don't mean it.... don't tell me ur dreams do come to pass.
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by akoaki(m): 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
authehighness:
atiku won but he will not rule nigeria as i saw twice in the vision of the night military will take over,buhari is always good in truncating nigeria democracy
Treasonable vision.
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by emmanuelex1(m): 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
Honestly, I do not like PDP OR APC because they cannot give Nigeria a good future. My youngest brother copper friend told me that APC rigged Nassarawa elections through cancellation of votes. This could be not be verified by me though
UcheSecondus:
Our Democracy is Under Threat

Protocols:

1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is forced to take a stand and make the following pronouncements at this crucial point because our democracy is under threat of derailment.

2. Firstly, I want to categorically state that our collation centers have all original results from every polling unit, in every ward, in every Local Government Area (LGA) in Nigeria, of which the international community is well aware, implying all results currently being announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is incorrect thus unacceptable to our party and people.

3. Secondly, officials of both President Buhari’s government and the All Progressive Congress (APC), working with INEC officers, have tried to alter the course of history and disenfranchise our people through the cancellation and manipulation of figures for results already announced at polling units, nationwide, in Local Government Areas (LGAs) where our party, the PDP, had commanding votes; this must now be resisted by every well meaning Nigerian.

4. Thirdly, the ruling party’s strategy has indeed been murderous, undignified, and disrespectful of the wishes of the electorate, our people and the international community who have been in solidarity with our nation as we attempt to strengthen our democracy and its institutions.

5. Fourthly, in full view of the watching world, and despite efforts by our great party and its agents to adhere to every laid down provision for the 2019 general elections, the APC in collusion with INEC have taken aggressive steps, mostly through inducements, manipulation and incarcerations, using the elements of state power including the Nigeria Police Force, the Nigerian Army in particular, alongside other organizations including the Department of State Security (DSS) and Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to silence the voices of our long suffering people; this is disheartening, considering the terms of the Peace Accord, which called for impartiality and non-partisanship by members of our security organization with constitutional roles to play during this civic exercise.

6. Fifthly, as results trickled in on the Sunday, February 24th, 2019, clearly putting the PDP in the lead, the ruling party and President Buhari dispatched high-ranking officials to coercively influence outcomes in different geopolitical zones in the country. For example:

I. The minister of the interior, was dispatched to the North West of the country
II. The Secretary of the Government of the Federation was dispatched to the North East of the country; while the
III. The Attorney General and Minister were dispatched to the South East and South-South regions.

7. With the INEC IT server hacked by agents of the APC to manipulate results, we can with certainty state that results from the following polling units have, for example, been tampered with, note:

i. Sarkin Dawaki ward in Doma LGA – Nassarawa state
ii. Doka ward in Doma LGA – Nassarawa state
iii. Agyaragin – Tofa ward
iv. 10, 000 illegal votes added to already announced results in Wurno LGA in Sokoto state
v. Additionally, violent and destructive attacks have been meted out to officials while counting at Lafia St. and police barracks polling units.

8. As if these provocations are not enough, our agents and officials are constantly arrested and in many cases locked-up for complaining that Card Readers were not in use in many Northern states, implying that all results from the Northern part of the country where Card Readers were not used should be voided in accordance with INEC guidelines.

9. I also believe, the arrest of Eng. Buba Galadima, who has been a great symbol of what is courageous about our people goes to show that one man’s ambition is greater than our collective good, and most probably worth the blood of all Nigerians.

10. In that context, I call for Buba Galadima’s immediate and unconditional release, as well as that of all officials and agents of the PDP, in the Southwest, who were mostly arrested on the eve of the elections where intimidation became the APCs sole election strategy.

11. Despite these provocations, intimidation and attempts to hijack our democracy and change the course of history, I must, in fact, convey to our good people the fact that the PDP is on course to victory and the Presidency; therefore, remain resolute and steadfast, because our party shares in your uncertainty and suffering, which must decisively come to a good end for us all.

12. Finally, and once again, we appeal to the leadership of INEC to remain impartial and not become willing agents to disenfranchise our people and derail our democracy, because the world is watching, and history will indeed pass judgment.

In addition, to the international community; we welcome your support for our democracy and extend our gratitude with great hope for our democracy.

Prince Uche Secondus
Chairman, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by islandmoon: 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
this man should shut up! the party chairman post that is zoned to south west, did you give them? and they even tried , I don taya

APC was busy rigging out you were looking, they were burning votes, you were looking, they were arresting your members you were looking, you couldn't call international organizations to come to you aid, you better raise alarm now, and reschedule election in kastina , kogi, kano, Lagos rivers akwa ibom , ebonyi, plateau and other rigged states

1 Like

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
doctokwus:
I personally would not accept any result that announces Buhari the winner.
A situation where the vote of a stark illiterate up north,some not even from Nigeria,is counted equal to that of other enlightened people in other parts of Nigeria,is not acceptable.Also a situation where agents of the state clearly and openly prevented people in known PDP strongholds from either voting or having their results counted can not be accepted.
Buhari maybe the president of majority illiterates, almajiris and people who have never been out of their huts,but he cannot be accepted to be the president of the average,true Nigerian,as clearly shown by the classical Abuja result,which is what the real,authentic voting populace is saying.
I stand with PDP and their statement in it's entirety.

Story for the gods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2019
Trypant:

that polity better hit up! Atiku should not accept this result if he is not the winner!!

And what if truly Atiku is not wanted by the majority of the people?

We should learn to the spirit of sportsmanship in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by tfelicityk(m): 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2019
Smile
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by akoaki(m): 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2019
doctokwus:
A situation where the vote of a stark illiterate up north,some not even from Nigeria,is counted equal to that of other enlightened people in other parts of Nigeria,is not acceptable.Also a situation where agents of the state clearly and openly prevented people in known PDP strongholds from either voting or having their results counted can not be accepted.
Buhari maybe the president of majority illiterates, almajiris and people who have never been out of their huts,but he cannot be accepted to be the president of the average,true Nigerian,as clearly shown by the classical Abuja result,which is what the real,authentic voting populace is saying.
Mission in vain.
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by busomma: 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2019
GuyWise101:
Bulhari is a disaster and a doom to Nigeria,....

Bulhari rigged this election therefore we will never accept this result....
U hv to learn how to deal with Buhari leadership for the next 4yrs. So long as PDP didn't win this election they will never be satisfied with the outcome. Deal with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by AppDevt: 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2019
authehighness:
Are you for real?
Someone said this exact thing and also that Gubernatorial elections will not hold.

How accurate are your visions ,please dont be offended with my questions.
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 25, 2019
Go to court,stop was mongering narratives.Your children are stocked abroad,and you are here singing war songs.The idiotic youths who has no future will be following you like zombies.The politicians(Tinubu,Osoba,Obanikoro/Akiiolu,Kali/Okorocha etc) are putting their sons,wives,in better position,you are there singing wars.Yeyenatu.

1 Like

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2019
I said it since during d processes of collection of pvc. This elections would be rigged if we are not careful. If d ruling party continues, there's no future 4 us. If they cant tackle insecurity, poor economy,corruption,mis-management and abuse of d constitution, then all is finished. No progress talk more of congress. FAILURE! FAILURE!! FAILURE!!! Innocent blood of people must hunt dem back upto their 4th n 5th generations.

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Gbajumon: 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2019
doctokwus:

Buhari is president of all Nigerians, illiterate or literate. Almajiris, afonjas or fla_tinos. So, these people have the right to vote him. They are Nigerians!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by cyprex: 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2019
doctokwus:

Enyaa, looser are not necessarily orphans
It's allowed
Stand with PDP and their statement
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by MobilityExpress: 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2019
So UcheSecondus is on Nairaland? grin OP this your impersonation carry 1st Class for university grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Slymonster(m): 7:34pm On Feb 25, 2019
Pointguardusa:
i cnt wait for the kardashians(katsina, kaduna and kano) result.

Isn't it amazing that vote from there are higher than the south,east, north central and west which within the same range. I hope you do feed your self,pay your house rent or have a home,live comfortably,don't sweat at night when there is no light to sleep and drive a nice decent car.Because if you don't,it clearly shows you are one of those illiterate in the north too.

Yall make government too comfortable and thats why nothing works. I am happy certain people will not be return to their position too
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Superman7: 7:34pm On Feb 25, 2019
Buhari knows that he will never win a free and fair election in Nigeria, never! So he decided to rig all through.

All those supporting this bloody election rigger Buhari, you will pay for all the innocent lives that have been lost during this process and you will die a miserable death.

1 Like

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by equity1(m): 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2019
IBvoss:
If this damn political parties are always stressed about the credibility of elections, why don't they all collude their f*cking resources to ensure a far safer and more secure system, like electronic voting is put in place. Instead of this ancient box and paper cheat method. grin But they won't do that! You'll only see them wailing when the cheating didn't work to their favour. undecided
best comment so far.
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2019
doctokwus:

Rvbbish, crap and bullsh!t

Is Atiku better than the people you just described.

This is the cry of a dying man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by bcashy: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2019
doctokwus:

And who the hell are u? Gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraout of here! Who knows u exist ? Story for the gods! Classical Abuja results my foot! If u have a fictional brain, you should know this election is between the elites and the reasonable masses that wants good for this country and you are here forming what you are not! Schewwwwww!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by bcashy: 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2019
Superman7:
Buhari knows that he will never win a free and fair election in Nigeria, never! So he decided to rig all through.

All those supporting this bloody election rigger Buhari, you will pay for all the innocent lives that have been lost during this process and you will die a miserable death.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cry me blood!!! Idiot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by bcashy: 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2019
Jestin:
My worries is just another four years of hardship in Nigeria

Go and farm, no free money again! You must work before u earn!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by ajetii(m): 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2019
Here comes the real ORUBEBE 2019.

You guys realize you are loosing this election and now want to turn the table over. Some people say you are just activating the Dubai plan B or Ballard strategy plan 3. Either way it will not work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by JEmma1(m): 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2019
This will not go down well for Buhari and APC
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by varyo: 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2019
what a country!!!!!!!!!!!!!
High powered rigging!!!!!
It is glaring,figured being changed !!!
This section is not free and fair
Re: Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus by varyo: 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2019
what a country!!!!!!!!!!!!!
High powered rigging!!!!!
It is glaring,figured being changed !!!
Thielectionon is not free and fair

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yahaya Kwande: Buhari’s Corruption Fight Is ‘Nonsense’ / Obi: Tinubu’s Victory Not God’s Plan For Nigeria / Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.