Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:26 AM

How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? (1053 Views)

4 Simple Tricks That Prevent Your Cell Phone Screen From Having Cracks / Android Tutorial: Stop Auto Rotate - Keep Screen From Rotating Into Landscape / How Do I Stop My Phone Screen From Rotating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by WinningEleven(m): 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2019
My phone fell and broke this morning and the screen broke. But the screen is still functional. How do I protect the screen from further damage?
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by meobizy(f): 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2019
You really want to know?
It is very simple.
You do that by replacing the screen.
Now stop being stingy and go to a repairman.
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by WinningEleven(m): 10:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
meobizy:
You really want to know?
It is very simple.
You do that by replacing the screen.
Now stop being stingy and go to a repairman.
No 1. I'm a teen
No. 2 its a new product so the part is scarce

Its there any other way?
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by meobizy(f): 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2019
WinningEleven:

No 1. I'm a teen
No. 2 its a new product so the part is scarce

Its there any other way?
Make use of the warranty.
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by xoxocandy(f): 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
Screen guard
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by WinningEleven(m): 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2019
meobizy:

Hm.... How does that work please?
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by meobizy(f): 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2019
WinningEleven:

Hm.... How does that work please?
Well, go to the shop you purchased it from and tell them.
So far you haven’t used the phone for up to a year your warranty still stands.
It didn’t work for one of my phones once since it was purchased in Dubai and Nigeria at the time didn’t have any distributor outlets.
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by WinningEleven(m): 12:06am On Feb 27, 2019
meobizy:

Well, go to the shop you purchased it from and tell them.
So far you haven’t used the phone for up to a year your warranty still stands.
It didn’t work for one of my phones once since it was purchased in Dubai and Nigeria at the time didn’t have any distributor outlets.
How many days will they use for the whole process?
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by meobizy(f): 1:23am On Feb 27, 2019
WinningEleven:

How many days will they use for the whole process?
It will take the same amount of days it will if you paid them for the service.
The phone being under warranty means you can fix any problem within the time period (one or two years) free of charge.
Some devices also give the option of extending their warranty periods with a small fee.
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by bongolistik(m): 1:30am On Feb 27, 2019
meobizy:

It will take the same amount of days it will if you paid them for the service.
The phone being under warranty means you can fix any problem within the time period (one or two years) free of charge.
Some devices also give the option of extending their warranty periods with a small fee.
Please be guarded.. Most warranty does not cover mechanical damages as in this case. So don't say you can fix any problem within the warranty time frame. If you like buy a phone and go and smash it on the floor and be thinking you are covered by warranty, na OYO be ur own
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by meobizy(f): 1:41am On Feb 27, 2019
bongolistik:
Please be guarded.. Most warranty does not cover mechanical damages as in this case. So don't say you can fix any problem within the warranty time frame. If you like buy a phone and go and smash it on the floor and be thinking you are covered by warranty, na OYO be ur own
Well, he won’t know without giving it a try first.
He should go later today then report back here.
Knowing Nairalanders if the thing goes smoothly for him he’ll abandon this thread.
Na the way here.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by Lexusgs430: 6:57am On Feb 27, 2019
meobizy:

Screen crack is not a warranty issue, but users carelessness.......
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by MrBONE2(m): 7:13am On Feb 27, 2019
bongolistik:

grin
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by WinningEleven(m): 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
bongolistik:
Exactly. I took the phone to Tecno office and they said they don't cover screen damages. It was just some how
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by WinningEleven(m): 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
meobizy:

Well, he won’t know without giving it a try first.
He should go later today then report back here.
Knowing Nairalanders if the thing goes smoothly for him he’ll abandon this thread.
Na the way here.
Baba, the warranty doesn't cover screen sad
Re: How Do I Prevent A Broken Screen From Breaking Further? by meobizy(f): 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2019
WinningEleven:

Baba, the warranty doesn't cover screen sad
Eya.
Better luck next time.
At least you now know your phone is covered from other types of damage for a year or two.

(1) (Reply)

Get 7x Times Your Money When You Buy The Infinix Hot 7 / Samsung Galaxy Note5 32gb Up For Grabs / Redmi Note 8 Pro Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.