Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Does The Christian God Actually Exist? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Christian God Actually Exist? (8897 Views)

Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / What did God actually say here ???( proof ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 11:56am On Sep 09, 2010
mazaje:

I read it and it is a LIE, todays earth population DOES NOT double every 50 years that is a FALSE statement and a LIE. . . . . .If you have any scientific data that says that the earth population doubles every 50 years pls bring it on. . . . . . .Stop copying and posting things you do NOT even completely understand and know. . . . . .If you want to rely on scientific data use the figures of scientist NOT the figures given to you by frauds like Kent Hovind who is NOT scientist. . . . .
You can do d calcs urself. . .
http://www.prb.org/educators/teachersguides/humanpopulation/populationgrowth.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2010
mazaje:

What is this? Kenhovind and his cohorts just keep on coming with their lies. Meet the Namib desert which is the oldest desert in the world. What do age and size have to do with each other anyway?

Lol. . .never heard of d namib desert b4.I've learnt somfin new.But hey,55million years? grin grin These scientists r bunch of jokers.Ironically,d people behind d porus claim of 55million years,r evolution scientists.How d'u expect me 2 buy their gullible idea?Just like u telling me 2 believe Stephen Hawking's theory of "the world will not contain man again,let man look 4 option on another planet" grin grin grin
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by bashydemy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2010
Can you guys talk about the rest of the Question and Answer's like the cain and Abel and other parts.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2010
philip0906:

You can do d calcs urself. . .
http://www.prb.org/educators/teachersguides/humanpopulation/populationgrowth.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

Its very clear you didn't bother to read the link you provided because there is nothing i there that comes close to what you got from Kent Hovnd's website. . . . . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2010
bashy_demy:

Can you guys talk about the rest of the Question and Answer's like the cain and Abel and other parts.

The Cain and Abel myth is ONLY theology, it has NOTHING to do with reality at all. . . . .I am not going to start some endless theological argument with Mr Philip. . . . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2010
bashy_demy:

I wonder o
mazaje:

Its very clear you didn't bother to read the link you provided because there is nothing i there that comes close to what you got from Kent Hovnd's website. . . . . .
who's this kent u've been talking about?well if u didn't c what I saw,4rm d year 1950-present,which makes 50years,the world's population has doubled
mazaje:

The Cain and Abel myth is ONLY theology, it has NOTHING to do with reality at all. . . . .I am not going to start some endless theological argument with Mr Philip. . . . .
Theology?wasn't it part of d questions harakiri asked?Is d question a scientific question?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by donyfrank: 10:18pm On Sep 09, 2010
There is nothing like xtain God, muslim God, bigbang or any other God.
God is God and there is only one God. Without God there is no You or anythn.
Let me say it categorically clear here that all of u are defendn ur EGO. 4rm which arose all finitude that has self destructive as its intrinsic nature.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Kay17: 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2010
@phillip, you are terrible liar! trying to deceive your ignorant Christian flock into submission! Is this how you lie for jesus?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by bashydemy(m): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2010
He inherit the lie from someone book called Bible or Bibles yes Bibles cos there are different type the Old and New testament.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2010
1) In our quest for God, we think too much, reflect too much, talk too much.

2) Even when we look at this dance [/b]that we call creation, we are the whole time thinking, talking (to ourselves and others), [b]reflecting, analyzing, philosophizing. Words. Noise.

3) Be silent and contemplate the dance. Just look: a star, a flower, a fading leaf, a bird, a stone . . . any fragment of
the dance will do.

4) Look. Listen. Smell. Touch. Taste. And, hopefully, it won’t be long before you see Him—the Dancer Himself!
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Purist(m): 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2010
imhotep:

1) In our quest for God, we think too much, reflect too much, talk too much.

2) Even when we look at this dance [/b]that we call creation, we are the whole time thinking, talking (to ourselves and others), [b]reflecting, analyzing, philosophizing. Words. Noise.

3) Be silent and contemplate the dance. Just look: a star, a flower, a fading leaf, a bird, a stone . . . any fragment of
the dance will do.

4) Look. Listen. Smell. Touch. Taste. And, hopefully, it won’t be long before you see Him—the Dancer Himself!

Lol.  Nice poetic stuff.   But I assure you, 100 people will look, listen, smell, touch, and taste, and they'll all see different dancers, performing different dance steps, while many even more attentive others, will see absolutely nothing.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Acethekid(m): 8:13am On Dec 04, 2012
Everyone is a believer! Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Moslem etc. We all believe in something as humans to have a sense of purpose or at least a reason for existence...the atheist BELIEVES that there is no God, therefore he believes something; but just because you don't see something or because it cannot be reasoned out logically doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 200 hundred years ago, Man never knew that micro organisms existed or that they were the major cause of ill health. Man's problem is lack of knowledge...that being said, there are so many things in heaven and earth ratio that are left undiscovered and are best left that way
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by meggy4real: 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
harakiri: Okay people,

I know similar threads like this have been discussed and trashed earlier and some months back, i actually hijacked a thread and asked some questions for which no one had any reasonable answer except sentiments, childish off key comments and of course, the usual bible quotations which more than a few people claim to be "proof".I beg to differ.Here are a few of those questions again :

(1)According to the history of the bible (from Adam till the present day), the world is not older than 5000 years and yet, there are archaeological findings dating back to millions and even billions of years back.There is no mention of ancient civilizations, dinosaurs or prehistoric plant life.All that was mentioned are what we see around us today.Could you explain this discrepancy?

(2)In the book of Genesis, Cain killed Abel out of jealousy.He was exiled from Eden and he went to the land of Nod and married there.Can you explain who those people were coz from my recollection, at that time it was just Adam,Eve and two kids.So who are these people that were "omitted" in the story and who is this mysterious woman Cain married? Was it his sister? Or did he get married to animals?

Thought For Today:
Challenges – Your Opportunities For Victory.
July 22nd, 2013

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18).

1 Samuel 17 tells the story of the confrontation between David and Goliath. Before David arrived at the battlefront, the Israelites, for forty days, were continually harassed and taunted by Goliath. Indeed, Goliath, from the natural standpoint appeared invincible, not just because of his immense stature and intimidating armour, but his belligerence! He defied the armies of the God of Israel, and challenged them to a fight.

When David heard that whoever defeated the giant would be rewarded–he and his household exempted from tax forever–amongst other benefits, he rose up to the challenge. Rather than be intimidated by Goliath’s immensity, he saw it as his opportunity for a good aim with his sling. With one smooth stone, he fell the great Goliath of Gath whom he decapitated with his own sword, winning the battle for the whole nation of Israel.
While King Saul and the entire army of Israel were terrified at Goliath’s size, perceiving him to be an insurmountable obstacle, young David saw an opportunity for victory. When his brothers tried to shut him up and talk him out of it, he said to them, “Is there not a cause?” (1 Samuel 17:29). He saw an opportunity to win for his countrymen and went for it. This is the kind of mentality we ought to have as Christians. Many today focus too much on the obstacles that circumstances or situations of life pose to them, and lose sight of the opportunities for victory in that situation.

In our opening scripture, the Greek word translated “look” means “to consider, mark, or take cognizance of.” The scripture therefore means not to give attention, consideration or take into cognizance whatever challenges or obstacles you might face in your fight of faith. Rather, see every challenge as bread. See obstacles as stepping stones for your promotion, for nothing can successfully stand against you, because you’re more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). Isaiah 54:17 says no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper. Therefore see all seeming impossible situations this month as opportunities for your testimony.
(3)In the same bible, the lord was angry with the world he created and was determined to destroy his creation (how ironic ).He instructed Noah to build an arc and put pairs of all living things in that ark.To the best of my knowledge, botanists spend their entire lives collecting and identifying species of a particular organism/animal/plant.Even if he lived 2,000 years on earth, there was no way he could have been able to achieve such a feat coz there were no airplanes,buses or ships to travel across the globe to get all pairs of organisms.Are we trying to say he came down to Africa to get the African elephant and then trekked back to India to get the Indian elephant? Think about it and you'll see how ridiculous it sounds.No roads.No buses.No planes.No ships.No rockets.No internet and yet. . .

(4)The current bible used in Christianity today has two parts. . .the old and new testament.Now there are practices in the old testament that most churches especially Pentecostals have discontinued e.g eye for an eye, sacrificial offerings and so on.When you ask them, they tell you that Christ came and all things are washed away rendering the old testament null and void.If this is true, why then do they still revert to Malachi 3:10 when it comes to psyching up the congregation to give more offerings and tithes? Weren't all things of old washed away? The same people will tell you that no part of the bible is irrelevant and the same people choose the parts that suit them.Are they confused about who and what they are worshiping?Do they even have an idea of what they are doing?

(5)The god in the bible is referred to as the all knowing god. . .the omni potent, omni present and all that. If he is all these, then he should have known that Eve would be tempted by the serpent and she would fall.He should have known how his creation would go till this present day.Why then did he create man when he knew that failure was imminent? The bible says he destroyed the world once and will do it again (some call it rapture, others call it Armageddon, a few think it's both ways). Why create something and condemn it? Is the bible implying that god is confused? That he makes errors? Isn't he supposed to be the all knowing god? Explain this please.

(6)The people who brought us Christianity also brought guns,liquor and slave trade (i don't know about you but that doesn't sound "holy-like" to me).They superimposed their religion on the black folks as a means of control.The same people who brought us their religion don't take it as serious as we do.I might be wrong but Nigeria to the best of my knowledge is the most prayerful/religious country in the world (there is hardly any street in Lagos without at least 2 churches or fellowships) and yet, with all the abundance of religion, we are the most cold hearted people to our fellow human beings! Christianity as we know it today originated from the Catholic church whose practices are chiefly unorthodox or in plain English. . .idol worship (how else can you explain worshiping a graven image of Mary, praying to saints,kissing the rings and feet of priests and the rosary. . .all of which aren't mentioned in the bible). Christians all claim to be worshiping one god. . .why then can't a Christ Embassy worshiper spend a few Sundays at Celestial Church of Christ? Why can't a C.A.C Pastor minister in Assemblies of God? Why can't Winners Chapel members worship in K&S? Or are there different gods? Are the so called Christians confused? Please explain these few questions satisfactorily and i'll hold my peace.

NB : Please, don't give me the usual "god works in mysterious ways" or " the ways of the lord cannot be understood" or " do not question the lord" crap.I've heard it one time too many.

Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by meggy4real: 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2013

I know similar threads like this have been discussed and trashed earlier and some months back, i actually hijacked a thread and asked some questions for which no one had any reasonable answer except sentiments, childish off key comments and of course, the usual bible quotations which more than a few people claim to be "proof".I beg to differ.Here are a few of those questions again :

(1)According to the history of the bible (from Adam till the present day), the world is not older than 5000 years and yet, there are archaeological findings dating back to millions and even billions of years back.There is no mention of ancient civilizations, dinosaurs or prehistoric plant life.All that was mentioned are what we see around us today.Could you explain this discrepancy?

(2)In the book of Genesis, Cain killed Abel out of jealousy.He was exiled from Eden and he went to the land of Nod and married there.Can you explain who those people were coz from my recollection, at that time it was just Adam,Eve and two kids.So who are these people that were "omitted" in the story and who is this mysterious woman Cain married? Was it his sister? Or did he get married to animals?

Thought For Today:
Challenges – Your Opportunities For Victory.
July 22nd, 2013

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18).

1 Samuel 17 tells the story of the confrontation between David and Goliath. Before David arrived at the battlefront, the Israelites, for forty days, were continually harassed and taunted by Goliath. Indeed, Goliath, from the natural standpoint appeared invincible, not just because of his immense stature and intimidating armour, but his belligerence! He defied the armies of the God of Israel, and challenged them to a fight.

When David heard that whoever defeated the giant would be rewarded–he and his household exempted from tax forever–amongst other benefits, he rose up to the challenge. Rather than be intimidated by Goliath’s immensity, he saw it as his opportunity for a good aim with his sling. With one smooth stone, he fell the great Goliath of Gath whom he decapitated with his own sword, winning the battle for the whole nation of Israel.
While King Saul and the entire army of Israel were terrified at Goliath’s size, perceiving him to be an insurmountable obstacle, young David saw an opportunity for victory. When his brothers tried to shut him up and talk him out of it, he said to them, “Is there not a cause?” (1 Samuel 17:29). He saw an opportunity to win for his countrymen and went for it. This is the kind of mentality we ought to have as Christians. Many today focus too much on the obstacles that circumstances or situations of life pose to them, and lose sight of the opportunities for victory in that situation.

In our opening scripture, the Greek word translated “look” means “to consider, mark, or take cognizance of.” The scripture therefore means not to give attention, consideration or take into cognizance whatever challenges or obstacles you might face in your fight of faith. Rather, see every challenge as bread. See obstacles as stepping stones for your promotion, for nothing can successfully stand against you, because you’re more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). Isaiah 54:17 says no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper. Therefore see all seeming impossible situations this month as opportunities for your testimony.
(3)In the same bible, the lord was angry with the world he created and was determined to destroy his creation (how ironic ).He instructed Noah to build an arc and put pairs of all living things in that ark.To the best of my knowledge, botanists spend their entire lives collecting and identifying species of a particular organism/animal/plant.Even if he lived 2,000 years on earth, there was no way he could have been able to achieve such a feat coz there were no airplanes,buses or ships to travel across the globe to get all pairs of organisms.Are we trying to say he came down to Africa to get the African elephant and then trekked back to India to get the Indian elephant? Think about it and you'll see how ridiculous it sounds.No roads.No buses.No planes.No ships.No rockets.No internet and yet. . .

(4)The current bible used in Christianity today has two parts. . .the old and new testament.Now there are practices in the old testament that most churches especially Pentecostals have discontinued e.g eye for an eye, sacrificial offerings and so on.When you ask them, they tell you that Christ came and all things are washed away rendering the old testament null and void.If this is true, why then do they still revert to Malachi 3:10 when it comes to psyching up the congregation to give more offerings and tithes? Weren't all things of old washed away? The same people will tell you that no part of the bible is irrelevant and the same people choose the parts that suit them.Are they confused about who and what they are worshiping?Do they even have an idea of what they are doing?

(5)The god in the bible is referred to as the all knowing god. . .the omni potent, omni present and all that. If he is all these, then he should have known that Eve would be tempted by the serpent and she would fall.He should have known how his creation would go till this present day.Why then did he create man when he knew that failure was imminent? The bible says he destroyed the world once and will do it again (some call it rapture, others call it Armageddon, a few think it's both ways). Why create something and condemn it? Is the bible implying that god is confused? That he makes errors? Isn't he supposed to be the all knowing god? Explain this please.

(6)The people who brought us Christianity also brought guns,liquor and slave trade (i don't know about you but that doesn't sound "holy-like" to me).They superimposed their religion on the black folks as a means of control.The same people who brought us their religion don't take it as serious as we do.I might be wrong but Nigeria to the best of my knowledge is the most prayerful/religious country in the world (there is hardly any street in Lagos without at least 2 churches or fellowships) and yet, with all the abundance of religion, we are the most cold hearted people to our fellow human beings! Christianity as we know it today originated from the Catholic church whose practices are chiefly unorthodox or in plain English. . .idol worship (how else can you explain worshiping a graven image of Mary, praying to saints,kissing the rings and feet of priests and the rosary. . .all of which aren't mentioned in the bible). Christians all claim to be worshiping one god. . .why then can't a Christ Embassy worshiper spend a few Sundays at Celestial Church of Christ? Why can't a C.A.C Pastor minister in Assemblies of God? Why can't Winners Chapel members worship in K&S? Or are there different gods? Are the so called Christians confused? Please explain these few questions satisfactorily and i'll hold my peace.

NB : Please, don't give me the usual "god works in mysterious ways" or " the ways of the lord cannot be understood" or " do not question the lord" crap.I've heard it one time too many.

Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by meggy4real: 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2013

What Do You Want to Make? · Saturday, August 17th ·
Pastor Chris

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made (John 1:1-3).

God is a "maker"—a creator; He made all things by His spoken Word. In Genesis 1, we read that the whole earth was a chaotic mass—formless and empty—nothing was working; then God said, "Let there be light," and light became. He created the world, and made everything beautiful by His creative Word: "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses… For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast" (Psalms 33:6-9).

Just like your heavenly Father, you’re a "maker"; a creator; because you’re born after Him; you can function like Him. He’s given you His incorruptible Word; that’s the material you need to "make" whatever you want. The question is what do you want to make? Is there any unpleasant situation in your life right now that you’d want to change? Is it in your health, academics, job, finances, business or family? Speak the Word of God in faith; say what God has said about you, or concerning the situation, and keep saying it until there’s a change.

With the creative Word of God on your lips, you can make your life more beautiful, and move from glory to glory. Jesus said in John 17:14, "I have given them thy word...." That’s the way out of every trouble and dilemma; God’s Word! Hosea 14:2 says, "Take with you words…." Take a hold of the Word today, and create your victorious life. Create that promotion; declare your healing and health; call forth the money you need for that project. Speak God’s Word on that chaotic situation for a change.

Confession

I function in the dominion of the Spirit, having been enthroned over Satan, the principalities of darkness, and all negative circumstances. My life is the manifestation of the graces, many-sided wisdom, and perfections of God, whose glory I am, and whose presence I carry to impact and beautify my world, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Mark 11:23; Hebrews 11:3

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Corinthians 2, Psalms 107-108

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 17:1-10, 1 Samuel 2
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by meggy4real: 12:39am On Aug 18, 2013
harakiri:

What Do You Want to Make? · Saturday, August 17th ·
Pastor Chris

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made (John 1:1-3).

God is a "maker"—a creator; He made all things by His spoken Word. In Genesis 1, we read that the whole earth was a chaotic mass—formless and empty—nothing was working; then God said, "Let there be light," and light became. He created the world, and made everything beautiful by His creative Word: "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses… For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast" (Psalms 33:6-9).

Just like your heavenly Father, you’re a "maker"; a creator; because you’re born after Him; you can function like Him. He’s given you His incorruptible Word; that’s the material you need to "make" whatever you want. The question is what do you want to make? Is there any unpleasant situation in your life right now that you’d want to change? Is it in your health, academics, job, finances, business or family? Speak the Word of God in faith; say what God has said about you, or concerning the situation, and keep saying it until there’s a change.

With the creative Word of God on your lips, you can make your life more beautiful, and move from glory to glory. Jesus said in John 17:14, "I have given them thy word...." That’s the way out of every trouble and dilemma; God’s Word! Hosea 14:2 says, "Take with you words…." Take a hold of the Word today, and create your victorious life. Create that promotion; declare your healing and health; call forth the money you need for that project. Speak God’s Word on that chaotic situation for a change.

Confession

I function in the dominion of the Spirit, having been enthroned over Satan, the principalities of darkness, and all negative circumstances. My life is the manifestation of the graces, many-sided wisdom, and perfections of God, whose glory I am, and whose presence I carry to impact and beautify my world, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Mark 11:23; Hebrews 11:3

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Corinthians 2, Psalms 107-108

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 17:1-10, 1 Samuel 2. .and in your heart of hearts, you believe you just made a credible comment.Outstandingly unbelievable! shocked
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by UyiIredia(m): 12:53am On Aug 18, 2013
Purist:

Lol.  Nice poetic stuff.   But I assure you, 100 people will look, listen, smell, touch, and taste, and they'll all see different dancers, performing different dance steps, while many even more attentive others, will see absolutely nothing.

Very well said. Such attentive ones, who see absolutely nothing, fall into the category of things without consciousness eg stones, coma patients, corpses etc. Funny though, that the only person who'll dare refute this has a conscious mind supposedly kickstarted by unconscious matter: the paradox is totally evident to such attentive seers.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by salem1373(m): 9:44am On Jul 23, 2016
Pls @ Harakiri.... I have needed to chat privately with you but seems I don't know how to do that...pls chat me up on this no 08138881373...otherwise drop yours I will reach you.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by tarantino1: 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
Some Christians are irredeemably stupid they perceive any question as an attack

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

-20 Doom To Befall Nigeria - Duncan- Williams Prophesies / Is Dr. Dk. Olukoya A Fraud? / Interested In Moderating This Section?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.