Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Does The Christian God Actually Exist? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Christian God Actually Exist? (8895 Views)

Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / What did God actually say here ???( proof ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2010
(3) What were Jesus last words?

Ans 1 : And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" , Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost (MAT 27:46,50)

Ans 2 : And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost (LUK 23:46)

Ans 3 : When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost (JOH 19:30)

And they say the Christian god is not the author of confusion!

Good grief! ! !
Like I said,u just went 2 an Islamic website and did copy paste.Else,if u had read your Bible well,u won't be asking this.Now
Ans 1 : And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" , Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost (MAT 27:46,50). . .Is that where the chapter ended?Read 4rm verse 47-50.Specifically verse 50 says. . ."J[b]esus when he cried with a loud voice[/b],yielded up d Ghost"
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2010
Or 2 simplify it for u
(1) Matthew 27:46 tells us that about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” Here, Jesus was expressing His feelings of abandonment as God placed the sins of the world on Him – and because of that, God had to “turn away” from Jesus. As Jesus was feeling that weight of sin, He was experiencing a separation from God for the only time in all of eternity. This was also a fulfillment of the prophetic statement in Psalm 22:1.

(2) “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing” (Luke 23:34). Those who crucified Jesus were not aware of the full scope of what they were doing because they did not recognize Him as the Messiah. While their ignorance of divine truth did not mean they deserved forgiveness, Christ’s prayer in the midst of their mocking Him is an expression of the limitless compassion of divine grace.

(3) “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43). In this passage, Jesus is assuring one of the criminals on the cross that when he died, he would be with Jesus in heaven. This was granted because even at the hour of his death, the criminal had expressed his faith in Jesus, recognizing Him for who He was (Luke 23:42).

(4) “Father, into Your hands I commit my spirit” (Luke 23:46). Here, Jesus is willingly giving up His soul into the Father’s hands, indicating that He was about to die – and that God had accepted His sacrifice. He “offered up Himself unblemished to God” (Hebrews 9:14).

(5) “Dear Woman, here is your son!” and “Here is your mother!” When Jesus saw His mother standing near the cross with the Apostle John, whom He loved, He committed His mother’s care into John’s hands. And from that hour John took her unto his own home (John 19:26-27). In this verse Jesus, ever the compassionate Son, is making sure His earthly mother is cared for after His death.

(6) “I am thirsty” (John 19:28). Jesus was here fulfilling the Messianic prophecy from Psalm 69:21: “They put gall in my food and gave me vinegar for my thirst.” By saying He was thirsty, He prompted the Roman guards to give Him vinegar, which was customary at a crucifixion, thereby fulfilling the prophecy.

(7) “It is finished!” (John 19:30). Jesus’ last words meant that His suffering was over and the whole work His Father had given Him to do, which was to preach the Gospel, work miracles, and obtain eternal salvation for His people, was done, accomplished, fulfilled. The debt of sin was paid.
Here I showed u the order in which those words were used
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2010
(1)Is god satisfied with his works?

Ans 1 : god is satisfied with his works (Gen 1:31)

Ans 2 : god is dissatisfied with his works (Gen 6:6)
This is really very funny.Whats the contradiction here?Its just when one closes his eyes and mind in understanding the Bible
God is satisfied with his works
"God saw all that he made, and it was very good." [Gen 1:31]

God is dissatisfied with his works.

"The Lord was grieved that he had made man on earth, and his heart was filled with pain." [Gen 6:6]
This is an obvious case of both/and, for something occurred after Gen 1:31 and before Gen 6:6, namely, the Fall. Evil entered creation as a result of man's volition. One can argue the theological implications elsewhere, as the only relevant point is that this is not an obvious contradiction. When God created, all was good. After man rebelled, God grieved.
So in this context,there is absolutely no contradiction.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2010
[size=28pt]God indeed exists[/size]
I shall always be convinced that a watch proves a watchmaker, and that a universe proves a God. - Voltaire

Here we have the saying of an great influential thinker, who was by no means a Christian. Multitudes of great minds have believed and do believe in God's existence, but today some would have us think that belief in God is illogical, foolish and incompatible with observable facts.

Obviously the question is important. If there is a God to whom I owe allegiance, honor and respect, I would be a fool to ignore Him. If such a God does not exist, this will affect everything also - even more so if the Christian Bible correctly describes God. It is worth taking some time to consider the question.

I don't believe that anyone can give a mathematical proof of the existence of God. But we can show that God's existence is far more likely to be a reality than his non-existence. Unless the atheist can show that a Supreme Being is a logical impossibility and prove all their premises, the case for atheism remains very weak. Atheists claim we can know that God does not exist.

What follows now are several arguments for the existence of God which I believe are very strong.
The Cosmological Argument

Where does the Universe come from? Atheists have generally claimed that it always existed. But this would mean that an infinite number of events have already taken place until now. In mathematics, however, infinite numbers lead to a contradiction. For example, what is infinity minus infinity? No infinite number can therefore exist in reality. Hence the Universe cannot be infinitely old.

The best astronomical evidence we have today indicates the age of the Universe to be around 15 billion years, give or take a few billion. This is pretty embarrassing for atheists, since it means that the Physical Universe has not always existed. So how did the Universe come into being? Did it all just pop into existence out of nothing for no reason whatsoever? Is that plausible? Would you believe me, for example, if I told you that my computer just appeared out of nothing? The most plausible solution is that an all-powerful entity that has existence also outside of space and time was the First Cause for our Universe. This First Cause is what we refer to as God.

But Who Made God?

Some argue that the cosmological argument proves nothing, for if the existence of complexity and order in the Universe proves the existence of God, then the existence of God proves that there must have been someone even greater who made God. Not necessarily, because God's existence is not rooted firstly in the material universe. He existed outside of it in another realm before the Physical Universe existed. The laws of that realm we have no knowledge about and we cannot impose the rules of our natural realm on that other realm. Christians, as well as practitioners of many other religions, believe in the existence of a real spiritual world which may interact with the natural world. We believe this on the basis of personal experience, as well as faith. Since our physical universe is not eternal, there must be something else beyond it that is.

Actually, something had to exist for all eternity. Theists believe that God always existed. Materialists would like to believe that the physical universe always existed. Materialists argue that the "hypothesis of God" is unnecessary - you may as well just believe that the Universe always existed. But this idea, as we have seen, has both logical and scientific problems.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2010
The Teleological Argument - the Argument from Design

The idea here is that the existence of the Universe, in all its complexity and order, could not exist unless there was someone so great that was able to design and create it. We cannot put down to chance all the amazing things that we find in the Universe. There is too much order there, at every level. And not just order, but complexity. An ice cube is very ordered, but not complex. The genetic code is so vast and complex that only now are our best scientists getting to the point where they can accurately describe it, let alone create it from scratch. Yet atheistic philosophers are asking us to believe that all this came about as a result of pure chance, and that it has no meaning, unless we arbitrarily assign one to it. Why should we believe them?

Life of any kind is only possible in a physical universe which has physical constants such as ours. If any of physical constants like the speed of light, the mass of an electron, the gravitational and nuclear force constants were even slightly tampered with, we could not have molecules which form the basis of physical life. If the earth was a little closer to the Sun, or a little further away, life could not exist here.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that a closed physical system tends towards increasing disorder. If there is nothing outside the Universe to provide a source of energy to it, (such as a Creator), and if the Universe is infinitely old, then one would expect the entropy of the Universe to be infinite. But this is clearly not so. Information theory tells us that random noise won't give us any more useful information. Could the genetic code have come into existence through random activity then, without any guidance from a Creator?

No one has come up with models to show how the irreducibly complex systems in biology could have been constructed one step at a time by means of random genetic mutations. Its like a mousetrap. If you remove just one component of the mousetrap, it can't catch mice, and has no functional or survival value. So if a mousetrap "evolved", how did it get to the step just before having a useful function
?

Too many things in the Universe are "just right" for the existence of life
. Has Someone tampered with the physical constants of the Universe, as Paul Davies suggests in one of his books, or is it just an accident that had to happen?

The theory of evolution, is in fact, a philosophy, an a priori commitment to naturalist philosophy. For proponents of evolution, the fact that all its most critical mechanisms are still unknown is not a problem. They simply must exist, because the only alternative would be believe in some sort of Creator which even Science itself must then depend on for its existence. To speak against evolution is tantamount to blasphemy in today's temples of naturalistic philosophy.

I find it more reasonable to believe that Order, Purpose and Design have always existed in the mind of God, rather than to believe that they never existed, or that they came out of nothing. or what d'u think?
The Existence of Abstract Entities

Abstract entities include things like the number "2" - it includes the whole world of ideas. We haven't thought of every idea yet, but that doesn't mean that those ideas don't exist. They do, and many of them are waiting to be discovered. But if abstract entities - ideas, numbers and so on, do exist, how did they come into existence? Their existence points strongly to the existence of a Pre-Existent Mind which gave birth to the whole world of ideas.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2010
This is actually a very good point I like laying up to doubters and atheists. . .
The Existence of Morality

Most people believe that there is such a thing as "right" and "wrong". For example, some people believe it is morally wrong to impose your point of view on someone else. Most people believe it is wrong to kill people because you don't like the color of their skin.  Is this sense of "right and wrong" that people have a product of education, or a mechanism of survival, or does there really exist "right" and "wrong"?  Is there anything wrong with despoil, murder, child abuse? If so, why? Where do these objective moral laws come from, if not from God? How can there be a moral law without a moral lawgiver? If men are the lawgivers, then which men are the ones to decide what is right? On what basis can the rightness or wrongness of an action be determined?

Materialists would like to believe that the whole activity of the Universe can be described by certain mechanistic laws. If these laws really do describe and predict everything that happens and will happen - then obviously freedom of choice is an illusion - because everything happening in our brain is simply the result of mechanistic cause and effect processes. If this is true then nothing is right and nothing is wrong. Those things are just arbitrary categories. Even our talking about such things is just an outcome of the laws of physics.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2010
More on d way. . . wink
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Tudor6(f): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2010
philip0906:

More on d way. . . wink
Dude can you READ at all
The topic says DoEs the CHRISTIAN GOD actually exist. . . . Emphasis on CHRIstAN GOD!!

Show us that the christian god exists.

So when copying and pasting, make sure you read the topic.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2010
Tudór:

Dude can you READ at all
The topic says DoEs the CHRISTIAN GOD actually exist. . . . Emphasis on CHRIstAN GOD!!

Show us that the christian god exists.

So when copying and pasting, make sure you read the topic.
[size=18pt]
U r definitely confused. . .How did u know dat I wasn't refering 2 d Christian God?SO which "God" was I refering 2?muslim God?Jewish God?Budhist God?U r only looking 4 a narrow escape.U ain't even an intelligent atheist at all.U don't know how 2 put your qestions.I just showed dat God indeed exists,u r telling me "Christian" God.Mind u,what I just put up there is a proof dat d "Christian God"(a term atheists "intelligently" coined out) exists,if dats what u want 2 hear. . .I was expecting u 2 come and counter not pose "unintelligent" questions[/size] grin grin
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Tudor6(f): 9:10pm On Sep 07, 2010
philip0906:

[size=18pt]
U r definitely confused. . .How did u know dat I wasn't refering 2 d Christian God?SO which "God" was I refering 2?muslim God?Jewish God?Budhist God?U r only looking 4 a narrow escape.U ain't even an intelligent atheist at all.U don't know how 2 put your qestions.I just showed dat God indeed exists,u r telling me "Christian" God.Mind u,what I just put up there is a proof dat d "Christian God"(a term atheists "intelligently" coined out) exists,if dats what u want 2 hear. . .I was expecting u 2 come and counter not pose "unintelligent" questions[/size] grin grin
My friend shut the f**k up!
The rubbish you copied and pasted can be used by muslims to prove allah no?? Used by ifa, sango and amadioha worshippers too, no be so??
Infact deists on this forum like deepsight who do not believe in the christian god use those arguments regularly.

Its obvious you are an illiterate. Those are all arguments for deism i.e, the existence of a God and not specific for any god or gods.

This thread asks, does the CHRISTIAN god actually exist. Meaning The thread goes further to ask that YOU prove the God to be the "christian idea of god". Why is this hard and painful for you?

You had better gives us proof for the christian god and stop ranting foolishly.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 9:27pm On Sep 07, 2010
Tudór:

My friend shut the be intimate with up!
The rubbish you copied and pasted can be used by muslims to prove allah no?? Used by ifa, sango and amadioha worshippers too, no be so??
Infact deists on this forum like deepsight who do not believe in the christian god use those arguments regularly.

Its obvious you are an illiterate. Those are all arguments for deism i.e, the existence of a God and not specific for any god or gods.

This thread asks, does the CHRISTIAN god actually exist. Meaning The thread goes further to ask that YOU prove the God to be the "christian idea of god". Why is this hard and painful for you?

You had better gives us proof for the christian god and stop ranting foolishly.
U r still hitting ur head on a brick wall. . .Kindly explain 2 me what u mean by "christian God"?I have been a christian 4rm small and have always known there is a God.Its here on nland I am seeing "christian God" grin grin Man,atheists ain't as fast as they claim 2 be.In my Bible,I never saw anything lke "Christian God",so its definitely a term coined by desperate beings.So I am waiting for u 2 explain 2 me d concept of "Christian God".
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
philip0906:

[size=28pt]God indeed exists[/size]
I shall always be convinced that a watch proves a watchmaker, and that a universe proves a God. - Voltaire

The universe is evidence for the universe and NOT for any God. . . . .There is no reason at at all to believe that the universe must behave like a human society where everything must have a maker, the universe is NOT a human society. . . . .

Here we have the saying of an great influential thinker, who was by no means a Christian. Multitudes of great minds have believed and do believe in God's existence, but today some would have us think that belief in God is illogical, foolish and incompatible with observable facts.

Is there anything that we see around that has the signature of any God on it? Why attribute the unknown causes to some mythical deity?. . ,

Where does the Universe come from? Atheists have generally claimed that it always existed. But this would mean that an infinite number of events have already taken place until now. In mathematics, however, infinite numbers lead to a contradiction. For example, what is infinity minus infinity? No infinite number can therefore exist in reality. Hence the Universe cannot be infinitely old.

The universe as we know it has been shown to come from a singularity. . . . . .The universe started to expand at some point from a singularity and a singularity is something, it not NOTHING. . . . . .Infinite numbers can not exist but infinite Gods can exist, eh?. . . . .By the way what is a number? Numbers do NOT exist in reality, they are just a representation of things or events so your nonsense arguments begs the question. . . .

The best astronomical evidence we have today indicates the age of the Universe to be around 15 billion years, give or take a few billion. This is pretty embarrassing for atheists, since it means that the Physical Universe has not always existed.

The universe is an extension of a singularity, so how was the universe not in existence since it only began to expand at some point(15 billion years ago)

So how did the Universe come into being? Did it all just pop into existence out of nothing for no reason whatsoever? Is that plausible? Would you believe me, for example, if I told you that my computer just appeared out of nothing? The most plausible solution is that an all-powerful entity that has existence also outside of space and time was the First Cause for our Universe. This First Cause is what we refer to as God.

Who said that the universe just popped into existence just like that?. . . . .  . .

But Who Made God?

Humans made all the Gods the worship. . . . .

Some argue that the cosmological argument proves nothing, for if the existence of complexity and order in the Universe proves the existence of God, then the existence of God proves that there must have been someone even greater who made God.

So far NO body has shown or proven that the universe was created, if you know any body that has shown that the universe was created pls let me know. . . .

Not necessarily, because God's existence is not rooted firstly in the material universe. He existed outside of it in another realm before the Physical Universe existed. The laws of that realm we have no knowledge about and we cannot impose the rules of our natural realm on that other realm.

If you read the bible you will see where it says that their God used to live with them inside a box called an ark of covenant. . . .By the way why is it that you guys love pushing your various Gods to the realm of the unknown?

Actually, something had to exist for all eternity. Theists believe that God always existed. Materialists would like to believe that the physical universe always existed. Materialists argue that the "hypothesis of God" is unnecessary - you may as well just believe that the Universe always existed. But this idea, as we have seen, has both logical and scientific problems.

grin grin grin. . . . .Really?. . . . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Tudor6(f): 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2010
philip0906:

U r still hitting your head on a brick wall. . .Kindly explain 2 me what u mean by "christian God"?I have been a christian 4rm small and have always known there is a God.Its here on nland I am seeing "christian God" grin grin Man,atheists ain't as fast as they claim 2 be.In my Bible,I never saw anything lke "Christian God",so its definitely a term coined by desperate beings.So I am waiting for u 2 explain 2 me d concept of "Christian God".
I laugh. This dude actually wants me to explain to him -a so called "christian"- who the "christian god" is?? what a fat joke

so you dont know the christian idea of god is different from the muslim idea, buddist idea, olumba idea and so on? Are you that illiterate?

I'm glad you say "in my bible". Kindly show us with evidences/proof why we should believe your "bible god" exists. This is what the thread is about.

Why is allah not the creator of the universe? Orunmila? Zeus? Chaos? Oneness of infinity?? Aliens?? Why are these gods not The God??

I repeat, prove that the christian god exists and stop ranting. You can use google and copy and paste as usual.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2010
philip0906:

U r still hitting your head on a brick wall. . .Kindly explain 2 me what u mean by "christian God"?I have been a christian 4rm small and have always known there is a God.

You have NOT always known that there is a God, you were taught to believe that there is a God. . . . . .

Its here on nland I am seeing "christian God" grin grin Man,atheists ain't as fast as they claim 2 be.In my Bible,I never saw anything lke "Christian God",so its definitely a term coined by desperate beings.So I am waiting for u 2 explain 2 me d concept of "Christian God".

Even the bible refers to Yahweh as the God of Israel so what the heck are you saying?. . . ,
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 9:51pm On Sep 07, 2010
Tudór:

I laugh. This dude actually wants me to explain to him -a so called "christian"- who the "christian god" is??  what a fat joke

so you dont know the christian idea of god is different from the muslim idea, buddist idea, olumba idea and so on? Are you that illiterate?

I'm glad you say "in my bible". Kindly show us with evidences/proof why we should believe your "bible god" exists. This is what the thread is about.

Why is allah not the creator of the universe? Orunmila? Zeus? Chaos? Oneness of infinity?? Aliens?? Why are these gods not The God??

I repeat, prove that the christian god exists and stop ranting. You can use google and copy and paste as usual.
stop tying a rope round ur neck. . .Since u know dat d Christian idea of God is different 4rm other religions,I simply asked u 2 explain 2 me d concept of "Christian God". . .I see now where in my Bible saying  "Christian God" rather I see "GOD" and every point made,is in relation 2 GOD.So it means it is a concept formed by human beings. . .Simply explain 2 me d concept,and stop playing hide and seek with me?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2010
mazaje:

You have NOT always known that there is a God, you were taught to believe that there is a God. . . . . .

Even the bible refers to Yahweh as the God of Israel so what the heck are you saying?. . . ,
U r now jamming different things together. . .Yahweh now means Christian God?when d Bible says God Of Israel,it does not mean it is only Israel dat believe in dat God afterall this passage says
Acts3:13"The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go."
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Tudor6(f): 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2010
philip0906:

stop tying a rope round your neck. . .Since u know dat d Christian idea of God is different 4rm other religions,I simply asked u 2 explain 2 me d concept of "Christian God". . .I see now where in my Bible saying  "Christian God" rather I see "GOD" and every point made,is in relation 2 GOD.So it means it is a concept formed by human beings. . .Simply explain 2 me d concept,and stop playing hide and seek with me?
Oh shut up and stop running.

In your bible you dont just see ''God''. Infact other gods like baal and many others were mentioned. The ''God'' of the bible is clearly defined, its attributes, behaviour and characteristics are clearly stated there.

The OP of this thread Mr Harakiri is not an atheist rather he is a deist. He believes a creator exists which he calls God.
Kindly prove to Mr Harakiri that the God that created the earth and created him is Jehovah/yahweh. Its that simple.
That is why he created the thread and not for the rubbish you were copying and pasting.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2010
mazaje:

Utter rubbish. . .u now want 2 force me into been u?Like I posted on d other site,even atheists were found in a survey 2 admit that they "Believed in God". . .So even if I was taught to believe,I have reached a stage where I decide what I want and I have no doubts whatsoever,dat THERE IS GOD. . .so live with it grin grin
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2010
In your bible you dont just see ''God''. Infact other gods like baal and many others were mentioned.
Blind u. . .God and gods? undecided
The ''God'' of the bible is clearly defined, its attributes, behaviour and characteristics are clearly stated there.
And what are the attributes in my Bible dat r not enshrined in my posts?
The OP of this thread Mr Harakiri is not an atheist rather he is a deist. He believes a creator exists which he calls God.
Ok I get ur drift. . .while d op calls his "God",u now want 2 force me 2 call mine "christian God" 2 help u keep arguing blindly? undecided
Kindly prove to Mr Harakiri that the God that created the earth and created him is Jehovah/yahweh. Its that simple.
First which "God" does d poster believe created him?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2010
philip0906:

Utter rubbish. . .u now want 2 force me into been u?Like I posted on d other site,even atheists were found in a survey 2 admit that they "Believed in God". . .So even if I was taught to believe,I have reached a stage where I decide what I want and I have no doubts whatsoever,dat THERE IS GOD. . .so live with it grin grin

Atheist believe in God, eh? grin grin. . . . .Is it everything that you read that you believe?. . . . .So because an article says something that means it must be true, eh?. . . .Since when?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Tudor6(f): 10:29pm On Sep 07, 2010
philip0906:

hahhhaaaaaaaaaa. I laugh in ecstasy.

Mr Harakiri A DEIST asks that you prove the existence of the "christian god", some mofo comes along and starts pasting the cosmological and theological arguments TO A DEIST, thinking he has arrived. See how foolish you are?? OmG, I cant stop laughing.

Let me tell you a secret. You know why everyone(that includes deist, atheist, agnostic, theist, satanist etc) just ignored you when you began posting design and cosmological argument thinking you have arrived?? Well its Because for a time last year, infact every week a new thread arose where we discussed the ontological argument, cosmological, teleological, the moral argument and pascals wager.

So frankly these issues have been thrashed out ad nauseum here. So dont come here thinking you have anything new.

So unless you can heed to Mr Harakiri's wishes and prove the existence of Yahweh/jehovah I suggest you shut the hell up and stop making noise.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2010
Tudór:

hahhhaaaaaaaaaa. I laugh in ecstasy.

Mr Harakiri A DEIST asks that you prove the existence of the "christian god", some mofo comes along and starts pasting the cosmological and theological arguments TO A DEIST, thinking he has arrived. See how foolish you are?? OmG, I cant stop laughing.

Let me tell you a secret. You know why everyone(that includes deist, atheist, agnostic, theist, satanist etc) just ignored you when you began posting design and cosmological argument thinking you have arrived?? Well its Because for a time last year, infact every week a new thread arose where we discussed the ontological argument, cosmological, teleological, the moral argument and pascals wager.

So frankly these issues have been thrashed out ad nauseum here. So dont come here thinking you have anything new.

So unless you can heed to Mr Harakiri's wishes and prove the existence of Yahweh/jehovah I suggest you shut the hell up and stop making noise.
[size=18pt]lol. . .I c.Where were u,when harakiri was asking me questions on this thread?U just barged i here talking like u some inteligent beign?Y don't u click a few pages backward and see what transpired between I and harakiri?D'u think its what u say,dat will make me jump all in a bid 2 "prove" 2 u?Harakiri has asked me questions here,which I have replied.Waiting 4 him 2 come down here and counter or even ask more.Ignoramus[/size] grin grin
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2010
mazaje:

Atheist believe in God, eh? grin grin. . . . .Is it everything that you read that you believe?. . . . .So because an article says something that means it must be true, eh?. . . .Since when?
There seems to be some confusion among self-described U.S. atheists, at least according to the second part of the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life’s monumental “U.S. Religious Landscape Survey” that was issued today.

It found that 92 percent of Americans believe in God or a universal spirit, with 71 percent of those surveyed saying they were “absolutely certain” on this score.

Curiously, more than one fifth — 21 percent — of those who counted themselves as atheists said they believed in God while eight percent expressed absolute certainty about this state of affairs.

One thing does seem absolutely certain: at least a few U.S. atheists must be confused.

My “Dictionary of Beliefs and Religions” (Wordsworth Reference Series, 1992) begins its definition of the word “atheism” in the following manner: “The denial of the existence of God or gods.”

One wonders what dyed-in-the-wool atheists like Christopher Hitchens – no confusion about his stance — would say about this lot. Probably nothing very kind.

Among U.S. agnostics, 55 percent professed a belief in God and 17 percent were absolutely certain. The dictionary cited above though says that a defining characteristic of an agnostic is that they “claim ignorance” on such matters and so one wonders how they can be so certain.

America’s high levels of belief and spiritual devotion do set it apart from most affluent nations, a trait that is often commented on. But could it be that its levels of “belief” are also higher among “unbelievers?”

Talk about confusion! What do you think of results like this?
http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2008/06/23/some-us-atheists-seem-to-be-confused-pew-survey-shows/
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Tudor6(f): 10:51pm On Sep 07, 2010
philip0906:

[size=18pt]lol. . .I c.Where were u,when harakiri was asking me questions on this thread?U just barged i here talking like u some inteligent beign?Y don't u click a few pages backward and see what transpired between I and harakiri?D'u think its what u say,dat will make me jump all in a bid 2 "prove" 2 u?Harakiri has asked me questions here,which I have replied.Waiting 4 him 2 come down here and counter or even ask more.Ignoramus[/size] grin grin
philip0906:

Shut up.
Harakiri asked salient questions in his OP.
if you notice harakiri in the OP kept making reference to the bible.
Not once have you answered those questions only to come on page 7 and start pasting from google the Cosmological and moral argument to A DEIST then claim amnesia when asked to prove the god in the bible you claim to worship. Jeez I cant stop laughing. . . grin grin grin

You are indeed foolish to the core. I suggest you go enligthen yourself about atheism, deism, theism, pantheism and so on. Have a basic understanding then you come and discuss with Harakiri. Stop making a fool out of yourself dude.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2010
Tudór:

Shut up.
Harakiri asked salient questions in his OP.
if you notice harakiri in the OP kept making reference to the bible.
Not once have you answered those questions only to come on page 7 and start pasting from google the Cosmological and moral argument to A DEIST then claim amnesia when asked to prove the god in the bible you claim to worship. Jeez I cant stop laughing. . . grin grin grin

You are indeed foolish to the core. I suggest you go enligthen yourself about atheism, deism, theism, pantheism and so on. Have a basic understanding then you come and discuss with Harakiri. Stop making a fool out of yourself dude.

Stop screaming dude like u scored some points. . .On this,thread, U've done absolutely nothing.Mazaje,harakiri and even Idi-amin have asked some "pertinent" questios,all u do is run around my posts
Below,is harakiri replying me directly and even asking me questions,which I answered and waiting 4 him 2 confirm,counter or ask more .did u c it?
dats all 4 now,more tomorrow. . .

The thing is, you still haven't answered the original questions that were asked.Instead you have spent valuable time and considerable effort beating about the bush.What a pity!

Let me list a few examples of bible contradictions from a bible that is supposed to come from the all knowing Christian god :

(1)How did Judas die?

Ans 1 : And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself (MAT 27:5)

Ans 2 : And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out (ACT 1:18)

(2)Who was Josiah's successor?

Ans1 : 2CH 36:1 Jehoahaz

Ans 2: JER 22:11 Shallum

(3) What were Jesus last words?

Ans 1 : And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" , Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost (MAT 27:46,50)

Ans 2 : And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost (LUK 23:46)

Ans 3 : When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost (JOH 19:30)

And they say the Christian god is not the author of confusion!

Good grief! ! !
If u can first admit seeing the answers,I would definitely provide more.U r even chanced I'm replying u,cos u don't even merit my reply,I'm only passing time.Dats y I've been balling along with u,not sure ur ignorant brain noticed grin The real deal,is who I have been waiting 4 wink
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Tudor6(f): 11:13pm On Sep 07, 2010
philip0906:

Stop screaming dude like u scored some points. . .On this,thread, U've done absolutely nothing.Mazaje,harakiri and even Idi-amin have asked some "pertinent" questios,all u do is run around my posts
Below,is harakiri replying me directly and even asking me questions,which I answered and waiting 4 him 2 confirm,counter or ask more .did u c it? If u can first admit seeing the answers,I would definitely provide more.U r even chanced I'm replying u,cos u don't even merit my reply,I'm only passing time.Dats y I've been balling along with u,not sure your ignorant brain noticed grin The real deal,is who I have been waiting 4 wink

shut up again jo.
See who is accusing me of shouting? Is it the same dude using bold and large fonts that is accusing me?? I laugh ooo

here is a section of the quote you gave.
Quote from; Harakiri
The thing is, you still haven't answered the
original questions that were asked.Instead
you have spent valuable time and
considerable effort beating about the
bush.What a pity!

did you miss that?? Consistent with what I said earlier, you have NOT addressed the posers raised by harakiri in the OP rather kept beating about the bush and harakiri then had to divert attention to bible contradictions since he knew even if you are given till next millenium you still wont come up with intelligent answers to the posers in the OP.

So my good man. You have NOT answered anything. Go back to the OP and prove to Mr Harakiri who is a deist why he should believe the christian God exists.

Err and dont foolishly come up with the cosmological argument again else you'll kill us with laughter. Hahahahaha
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2010
The thing is, you still haven't answered the
original questions that were asked.Instead
you have spent valuable time and
considerable effort beating about the
bush.What a pity!
And harakiri went further 2 keep asking me questions?By d way,y r u overboard about me answering harakiri's questions?R u a "theist"?How did atheism and Deism become partners?So even if I replied,a deist,an atheist would be contended?U r confused. . .Chill for harakiri 2 come in,pose his questions and u watch 4rm d back seat.It ain't about u wink
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2010
@tudor
Don't ask me any further questions. . .Relax,when harakiri comes in,I'l answer all his questions and u'll see it.I wonder d satisfaction u'll get,since u ain't a deist like him.U just seem 2 want attention,which u've def gotten.So chill,til harakiri comes in,or u open ur own thread b4 u hang urself
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Tudor6(f): 12:05am On Sep 08, 2010
philip0906:

And harakiri went further 2 keep asking me questions?By d way,y r u overboard about me answering harakiri's questions?R u a "theist"?How did atheism and Deism become partners?So even if I replied,a deist,an atheist would be contended?U r confused. . .Chill for harakiri 2 come in,pose his questions and u watch 4rm d back seat.It ain't about u wink

rubbish. harakiri as he stated went further to ask other questions coz you where busy running around his oP. it was clear the questions in the op where too much for you and your pain was clearly visible. over a week now since the oP we are yet to see any answer from you.

i aint asking you any new questions. i simply ask that you tackle the OP and prove to harakiri a deist that the christian god exists

BTW, you dont need to wait for harakiri, the questions in the OP are on page 1go there and tackle them. or are you now blind in addition to your amnesia? hahhahhahahahah
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 12:12am On Sep 08, 2010
Okay people,

I know similar threads like this have been discussed and trashed earlier and some months back, i actually hijacked a thread and asked some questions for which no one had any reasonable answer except sentiments, childish off key comments and of course, the usual bible quotations which more than a few people claim to be "proof".I beg to differ.Here are a few of those questions again :

(1)According to the history of the bible (from Adam till the present day), the world is not older than 5000 years and yet, there are archaeological findings dating back to millions and even billions of years back.There is no mention of ancient civilizations, dinosaurs or prehistoric plant life.All that was mentioned are what we see around us today.Could you explain this discrepancy?

(2)In the book of Genesis, Cain killed Abel out of jealousy.He was exiled from Eden and he went to the land of Nod and married there.Can you explain who those people were coz from my recollection, at that time it was just Adam,Eve and two kids.So who are these people that were "omitted" in the story and who is this mysterious woman Cain married? Was it his sister? Or did he get married to animals?

(3)In the same bible, the lord was angry with the world he created and was determined to destroy his creation (how ironic ).He instructed Noah to build an arc and put pairs of all living things in that ark.To the best of my knowledge, botanists spend their entire lives collecting and identifying species of a particular organism/animal/plant.Even if he lived 2,000 years on earth, there was no way he could have been able to achieve such a feat coz there were no airplanes,buses or ships to travel across the globe to get all pairs of organisms.Are we trying to say he came down to Africa to get the African elephant and then trekked back to India to get the Indian elephant? Think about it and you'll see how ridiculous it sounds.No roads.No buses.No planes.No ships.No rockets.No internet and yet. . .

(4)The current bible used in Christianity today has two parts. . .the old and new testament.Now there are practices in the old testament that most churches especially Pentecostals have discontinued e.g eye for an eye, sacrificial offerings and so on.When you ask them, they tell you that Christ came and all things are washed away rendering the old testament null and void.If this is true, why then do they still revert to Malachi 3:10 when it comes to psyching up the congregation to give more offerings and tithes? Weren't all things of old washed away? The same people will tell you that no part of the bible is irrelevant and the same people choose the parts that suit them.Are they confused about who and what they are worshiping?Do they even have an idea of what they are doing?

(5)The god in the bible is referred to as the all knowing god. . .the omni potent, omni present and all that. If he is all these, then he should have known that Eve would be tempted by the serpent and she would fall.He should have known how his creation would go till this present day.Why then did he create man when he knew that failure was imminent? The bible says he destroyed the world once and will do it again (some call it rapture, others call it Armageddon, a few think it's both ways). Why create something and condemn it? Is the bible implying that god is confused? That he makes errors? Isn't he supposed to be the all knowing god? Explain this please.

(6)The people who brought us Christianity also brought guns,liquor and slave trade (i don't know about you but that doesn't sound "holy-like" to me).They superimposed their religion on the black folks as a means of control.The same people who brought us their religion don't take it as serious as we do.I might be wrong but Nigeria to the best of my knowledge is the most prayerful/religious country in the world (there is hardly any street in Lagos without at least 2 churches or fellowships) and yet, with all the abundance of religion, we are the most cold hearted people to our fellow human beings! Christianity as we know it today originated from the Catholic church whose practices are chiefly unorthodox or in plain English. . .idol worship (how else can you explain worshiping a graven image of Mary, praying to saints,kissing the rings and feet of priests and the rosary. . .all of which aren't mentioned in the bible). Christians all claim to be worshiping one god. . .why then can't a Christ Embassy worshiper spend a few Sundays at Celestial Church of Christ? Why can't a C.A.C Pastor minister in Assemblies of God? Why can't Winners Chapel members worship in K&S? Or are there different gods? Are the so called Christians confused? Please explain these few questions satisfactorily and i'll hold my peace.

NB : Please, don't give me the usual "god works in mysterious ways" or " the ways of the lord cannot be understood" or " do not question the lord" crap.I've heard it one time too many.
Harakiri ain't in here up till now grin grin. . .I'm going 2 bed now,later 2day I'ma give answers 2 these questions wink so no let ur blood hot pass this,like say u don win grin grin Relax. . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by harakiri(m): 3:16am On Sep 08, 2010
philip0906:

Harakiri ain't in here up till now  grin grin. . .I'm going 2 bed now,later 2day I'ma give answers 2 these questions  wink so no let your blood hot pass this,like say u don win grin grin Relax. . .

Can you please answer the questions on page one as reasonably as you can? Go straight to the point and leave out all the small talk/sentiments.

Thanks.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by harakiri(m): 3:21am On Sep 08, 2010
Tudór:

rubbish. harakiri as he stated went further to ask other questions coz you where busy running around his oP. it was clear the questions in the op where too much for you and your pain was clearly visible. over a week now since the oP we are yet to see any answer from you.

i aint asking you any new questions. i simply ask that you tackle the OP and prove to harakiri a deist that the christian god exists

BTW, you dont need to wait for harakiri, the questions in the OP are on page 1go there and tackle them. or are you now blind in addition to your amnesia? hahhahhahahahah

Abeg helep me tell am ooo. . .

I asked simple and straight forward questions that demand sincere and direct answers but instead, he's flooding the thread with unrelated articles.I no fit shout. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

-20 Doom To Befall Nigeria - Duncan- Williams Prophesies / Interested In Moderating This Section? / How To Be The Apostle Paul Of Our Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.