Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,719 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? (6477 Views)

Should Ladies Also Ration Feelings Of Affection Towards Their Partner? / Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? / Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Gabry(f): 5:58am On Aug 29, 2010
Do you believe in public displays of affection?

Like kisiing, touching or holding hands in public in the most romantic way?

Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by InkedNerd(f): 6:03am On Aug 29, 2010
I don't mind kissing, holding hands or any other kind of touching as long as its not excessive.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by iice(f): 6:04am On Aug 29, 2010
Yes grin
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by blank(f): 6:12am On Aug 29, 2010
I like holding hands but all other things are too . . . .
Though i found out that in UK and SA they dont mind.
Infact, even in church they will be kissing and holding hands.
My husband will only do that if he is very very drunk and dat is very very rare.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by googles: 7:54am On Aug 29, 2010
me likey
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 29, 2010
Holdin hands 2geda is okay by me in public places,bt kissin n touchin 4 me is private affair.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Tingles(m): 9:08am On Aug 29, 2010
It is okay if it isn't a sign of emotional insecurity or possessivenesss.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by madlady(f): 9:13am On Aug 29, 2010
blank:

I like holding hands but all other things are too . . . .
Though i found out that in UK and SA they dont mind.
Infact, even in church they will be kissing and holding hands.

My husband will only do that if he is very very drunk and dat is very very rare.

. grin grin grin grin grin

I'm not keen embarassed embarassed on it, especially if they are trying to swallow your tongue  embarassed embarassed.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by 912(m): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2010
Only if its expressed in a form similar to that in the third pix.
The first pix looks like the two couples are competing for something
while I think the tongue in the second pix is simply too much.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Gabry(f): 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2010
Good response guys! smiley

As for me, I dont like it cause Im a very private kinda person. However I like holding hands but not too often. As for my bf, he hates holding hands but he dont mind kissing and hugging but I dont like kissing an dhugging in public embarassed lipsrsealed So in the end, we dont do any of it. except like maybe he just give a kiss on my forehead which is fine.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Onchedu(m): 1:11pm On Aug 29, 2010
Better when it's subconsciously or unconsciously. Consciously more often than not is superficial.

In any case it's best to be discrete. PDA's show more than they are. Sometimes insecurities other times it's just simply indirect advertising (flirting).
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Gbemyte(f): 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2010
I lyk public afectn. Dats y i cnt mary som1 i cnt flunt. I lyk efizy.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Onchedu(m): 1:52pm On Aug 29, 2010
Gbemyte:

What U advertise well will gain desirability.

Anyway na Ur life. I been wan talk pass but make I leave am like that.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2010
@poster
hell yeah, and i wouldnt feel comfortable with someone who couldnt be freaky whenever they feel like it!
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Gabry(f): 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2010
Onchedu:

Better when it's subconsciously or unconsciously. Consciously more often than not is superficial.

In any case it's best to be discrete. PDA's show more than they are. Sometimes insecurities other times it's just simply indirect advertising (flirting).

Emhmm. . . Sorry naa but this your ENglish is too perfect for ma eyes. shocked embarassed lipsrsealed

Gbemyte:

So do u like french kissing in public?

MRbrownJAY:

@poster
hell yeah, and i wouldnt feel comfortable with someone who couldnt be freaky whenever they feel like it!

Oh Oh. . . That means you and me are never going to be together if we did . . . . . lipsrsealed embarassed

being freaky in oublic is on thing. being freaky in private is another thing lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by 1104(f): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2010
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection?

Sorry i dont,
I believe its all act up and public show for viewers viewin pleasure
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Code128: 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2010
I dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Tosinville(m): 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2010
I dig holdin no hoez not to talkin of kissin her in public, sh1t!!! *ma mama gon' kill me*
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Gabry(f): 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2010
190, :

Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection?

Sorry i dont,
I believe its all act up and public show for viewers viewin pleasure

hats what my bf tells me too. For me. I dont know. . .

Code128:

I dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why?

Tosinville:

I dig holdin no hoez not to talkin of kissin her in public, sh1t!!! *ma mama gon' kill me*

LOL! Whaqt if you are already married?
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Code128: 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2010
@ Gabry

I never knew there was something called "Public Display of Affection", until I kissed a GF in Nigeria after she got down from a Taxi and she said something about not being into PDA. To me, it's a culture thing, she was probably bothered about what people would think of her and general shyness.

In some countries kissing friends and strangers is the norm. To me, kissing in public is great, and I mean a kiss nothing more. If my GF can't kiss in public, I would wonder if I am really her BF.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Gabry(f): 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2010
Code128:

@ Gabry

I never knew there was something called "Public Display of Affection", until I kissed a GF in Nigeria after she got down from a Taxi and she said something about not being into PDA. To me, it's a culture thing, she was probably bothered about what people would think of her and general shyness.

In some countries kissing friends and strangers is the norm. To me, kissing in public is great, and I mean a kiss nothing more. If my GF can't kiss in public, I would wonder if I am really her BF.

shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed hmmm. . . Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, . , sad I guess you are right and you are right about your gf cause I feel the same way like she did.

Did you confronted her about how you feel about this whole situation on the PDA thingy?
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Code128: 4:33pm On Aug 29, 2010
Nope, I just let her be.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Buchiogiso(m): 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2010
Personally, I think it depends on a few factors- the level of commitment or relationship between one and the opposite partner (admittedly, similar in some cases) as well as the venue and mood of the occurence. I am not really an expressive person and while i cannot imagine doing it on the road, never did it in classes while in school, i can vividly remember doing it a few times in clubs, while inebriated, and most recently at the airport when my gf was leaving the country for what we both know will be for an extended period of time. More like a goodbye kiss
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by ucnduka(f): 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2010
A kiss on d cheek,ok bt french kissing, NO WAY. Holding of hands, definitely ok.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by blank(f): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2010
I remember when we were still dating, my husband always expected me to end the phone call with "I love u".
I could say it when i was alone or with friends that i knew but how am i to say it in front of my work colleagues, bosses and strangers?
It was a major sticking point but i was just toooo shy!!!!
He could shout it on the rooftops if i asked him.
I was between a rock and a hard place.
Finally, we r married and i am more able to express such but still i am shy in front of parents, etc.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Tosinville(m): 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2010
Kissing ur girlfriend/wife in public here in Nigeria is like setting a projector to a plain white outfit 4 everyone in dat vicinity to watch a movie cos isn't our culture, its a thing we're not use to jus usin wat we see on media wit english ppl to show some love(wannabes), if u do a thing like dis in some other countries which is not an english countries mostly arab u'll get ur ass arrest probably go to jail cos stuff like dat is not in their vocabulary or ours to show love but d americans, britain etc believe d best way to make ur girl proud is to french kiss her in public but in naija is stup1d o!, u cn kiss or peck her once dats cool but u continue huggin nd kissin each other 4 like 3min ppl around gon' find it so disgustin by hissin, murmurin even insultin u guys (dependin on d area) even if u r not shy abt it like u try to spoil d kids around lmao!
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Gabry(f): 11:54pm On Aug 29, 2010
Code128:

Nope, I just let her be.

I think you should confront her about this cause if you keep it in, it will affect you later.

Buchiogiso:

Personally, I think it depends on a few factors- the level of commitment or relationship between one and the opposite partner (admittedly, similar in some cases) as well as the venue and mood of the occurence. I am not really an expressive person and while i cannot imagine doing it on the road, never did it in classes while in school, i can vividly remember doing it a few times in clubs, while inebriated, and most recently at the airport when my gf was leaving the country for what we both know will be for an extended period of time. More like a goodbye kiss

So u dont giv a pck o her even when she is leaving the country and wont return so soon?

uc nduka:

A kiss on d cheek,ok bt french kissing, NO WAY. Holding of hands, definitely ok.

I wish I can do he holding hands thingy but he is not comfortable with it. He would rather smooch m than hold hands with me undecided

blank:

I remember when we were still dating, my husband always expected me to end the phone call with "I love u".
I could say it when i was alone or with friends that i knew but how am i to say it in front of my work colleagues, bosses and strangers?
It was a major sticking point but i was just toooo shy!!!!
He could shout it on the rooftops if i asked him.
I was between a rock and a hard place.
Finally, we r married and i am more able to express such but still i am shy in front of parents, etc.

Lol! U and me are in he same clb. I find it hard as well and most of all, i dont like people knowing that Im talking to my bf by all means because I dont like mixing my personal affairs with people in reality.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by tpiah: 12:24am On Aug 30, 2010
seen too many to have an opinion about it.

people do everything but have s.ex in public places and who knows, it might get to that someday.

if a couple is more comfortable showing their affection for each other where everybody can see them, then hey it's a free world.

if the woman carries belle later she go either carry am or abort am.

i'm well aware some of the pda is fake, btw.
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Gabry(f): 1:34am On Aug 30, 2010
tpiah:

seen too many to have an opinion about it.

people do everything but have s.ex in public places and who knows, it might get to that someday.

if a couple is more comfortable showing their affection for each other where everybody can see them, then hey it's a free world.

if the woman carries belle later she go either carry am or abort am.

i'm well aware some of the pda is fake, btw.

The question is do you do PDA?
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by tpiah: 1:40am On Aug 30, 2010
^^thread title says do you believe in pda.

big difference.

me personally, i do it all the time, no shaking. undecided

no be belle be the most that can happen?
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Gabry(f): 2:04am On Aug 30, 2010
tpiah:

^^thread title says do you believe in pda.

big difference.

me personally, i do it all the time, no shaking. undecided

no be belle be the most that can happen?

Yes naa but that one I personally ask u ooo. wink

And your answer was based on your view on PDA and not wether you believe or not believe in PDA I think sad lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? by Hypechic(f): 2:07am On Aug 30, 2010
Holding hands?   Okay.
A kiss on the cheek or the 'air kiss'?   Okay too.
A Hug?  More than okay.
Fishing for my tonsils?  HELL NO!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

??? / When Would Guys Stop Inviting Ladies To Come To The House? / Cute Guys, Upload Your Pictures Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.