Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? (13142 Views)

Should Ladies Also Ration Feelings Of Affection Towards Their Partner? / Pregnant For Sugar-daddy And Engaged To My Fiance / Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by MyneWhite1(f): 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2012
Me, I believe a couple should start as they mean to go on, and in this case, practice makes perfect. I find PDAs sexy and romantic, and it is like pre-intimacy. If a couple are not comfortable touching each other when others are there, I think it would be harder even when they're alone.

What is your own stance? Will you hug or hold hands with your boyfriend/girlfriend in public, or do they have to wait till you're married. That is if ever?

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/02/public-displays-of-affection-only-for.html
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by MrsChima1(f): 5:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
Chima and I were into PDA before we were engaged and married. It is not a big deal to me. It is how you do it and how much respect you have for yourself.

Some people do take it far though. shocked
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by slimyem: 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
how can it be just for the married?
Everyone is supposed to be able to define what suits them and the everybody includes partners in relationships.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by MyneWhite1(f): 10:27pm On Feb 17, 2012
True word.

I was only referring to the more common PDA like holding hands and hugging, maybe a peck too.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by Flashaldrin(m): 10:40pm On Feb 17, 2012
Totally depends on the location.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by Killz3(m): 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2012
If a couple are not comfortable touching each other when others are there, I think it would be harder even when they're alone.
-1000 !
What do you say about couples that are not comfortable touching in public, but in the confines of their privacy, they are wild cats? Huh?

PDA's are subjective to individuality. . . Engaged, Married, or not!
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by MrsChima1(f): 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2012
~Killz~:

-1000 !
What do you say about couples that are not comfortable touching in public, but in the confines of their privacy, they are wild cats? Huh?
!

Are you confessing brotha? grin grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by Killz3(m): 5:32pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^
No i'm not! I'm all for the whole PDA stuff, but that statement about finding it hard to touch when alone is sooo wrong! wink
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by MrsChima1(f): 5:47pm On Feb 18, 2012
~Killz~:

^^^
No i'm not! I'm all for the whole PDA stuff, but that statement about finding it hard to touch when alone is sooo wrong! wink

I agree. It would have been difficult for Chima and I just to look at each other without touch even in public. Chima takes "cleaved into one" literally.

One couple asked us why are we affectionate in public? We responded that's how we are behind closed doors.

I find it strange if couples aren't affectionate (hugs and hand holdings) in public.

1 Like

Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by Killz3(m): 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2012
I find it strange if couples aren't affectionate (hugs and hand holdings) in public.
Hehe!. . . Maybe they are shy
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by brade: 4:54am On Feb 20, 2012
http://schoolintheus..com/ for Us scholarships for masters and Phd
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by ifyalways(f): 7:58am On Feb 20, 2012
Sometimes and especially in Naija,you'd look so odd and sillly when u are into PDA.

Anywayz,I cant walk with or be anywhere with my husband without holding his hands and touching his ears.my hands are just addicted to his body.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by seedord247(m): 8:08am On Feb 20, 2012
ifyalways:

Sometimes and especially in Naija,you'd look so odd and sillly when u are into PDA.

Anywayz,I cant walk with or be anywhere with my husband without holding his hands and touching his ears.my hands are just addicted to his body.

You mean, you pple know about romance in Anambra. tongue cool
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by micklplus(m): 8:14am On Feb 20, 2012
@ifyalways. Since your hands are addicted to his body, please make sure not to pluck his ears off. LOL
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:15am On Feb 20, 2012
Excuse ME! PDA is 4 everyone,even dogs get giggy with in public d only difference is we humans should apply caution wen needed.As for me I do d biting and tapping sef cheesy grin grin
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by bknight: 9:26am On Feb 20, 2012
PDA is hypocritic! Love is a feeling just like anger/resentment. Now I ask: how will you react to Ur partner getting angry, reacting and scolding you publicly? U'd prefer to lock urselves up in ur room to fight but come outside to hold hands and peck? Oh! U like to show love to each other publicly but won't like to be scolded publicly? More often than not, PDA is a classic sign of insecurity. Matured and very secured love don't need stuff like that. Love doesn't need a public campaign, But well, kudos to those who had it that way from dating era thru marriage and aint bored of it yet. Peeps wit very strong sense of commitment to each other and are of gud strenght of mind don't have to publicly show their love. U might argue its not a crime but its totally unnecessary and irrelevant.

3 Likes

Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by Dyt(f): 9:28am On Feb 20, 2012
^^ where u bn bro
happy new yr ooo
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by MyneWhite1(f): 9:52am On Feb 20, 2012
bknight:

PDA is hypocritic! Love is a feeling just like anger/resentment. Now I ask: how will you react to Ur partner getting angry, reacting and scolding you publicly?

Who is scolding who? It's not parents and children we're talking about here, you know? smiley grin
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by youngzeal1: 9:55am On Feb 20, 2012
[b][/b] pdf is a good of getting so much luv from other ladies grin
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by ifyalways(f): 10:59am On Feb 20, 2012
seedord247:

You mean, you pple know about romance in Anambra. tongue cool
Yes,we do.
Bush man. cheesy

micklplus:

@ifyalways. Since your hands are addicted to his body, please make sure not to pluck his ears off. LOL
Noted sir.
lol
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 11:20am On Feb 20, 2012
Contact us for ur WEDDING MAKE OVER N FACIALS! we also offer MAKE UP TRANNING COURSES! Hurry nw n visit our facebook site, www.facebook.com/charmerlooks
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by bknight: 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
Dyt I bam steady, wts bn on wit u?
Myne white, I said if ur 'partner' implies it cld be d girl who is frankly speaking out her mind to her 'partner' publicly. U can derail ur own thread or stick to PDA as a topic u started but for clarity on ♍Ɣ point: scolding is 'to tell someone off'; 'speak harshly'; or 'insistently rebuke others'. The meaning doesn't specify age or type of relationship dat exists but If u view it only as a parent-child thing, no wahala, if its bf-gf, hubby-wify or any other persons involved even strangers it all still fits in d meaning.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2012
Myne White:

Who is scolding who? It's not parents and children we're talking about here, you know? smiley grin
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by MyneWhite1(f): 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2012
OK, truce accepted. We're still talking PDA. Couples should not be in the habit of speaking harshly to each other, in private or public. In fact, I think some PDA will help them to break that rebuking habit.
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by bknight: 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
In ♍Ɣ opinion if lovers can publicly show affections then they should be able to publicly frown at each other's wrongs. PDA is hypocritical meant for mentally weak and emotionally insecure ppl. Empty lovers' avenue to feign strong love
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by Dyt(f): 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
^^ hmmmmmmm
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by LogicMind: 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2012
no try am for north oo!

1 Like

Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by MyneWhite1(f): 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2012
bknight:

In ♍Ɣ opinion if lovers can publicly show affections then they should be able to publicly frown at each other's wrongs. PDA is hypocritical meant for mentally weak and emotionally insecure ppl. Empty lovers' avenue to feign strong love

grin grin grin
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by mummy3(f): 12:15pm On Apr 19, 2012
Oh you sinners, repent for the kingdom of God is near.
Touch less, kiss less, romance less, Bleep less (in Secret o or in public o)
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by Killz3(m): 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2012
mummy3: Oh you sinners, repent for the kingdom of God is near.
Touch less, kiss less, romance less, Bleep less (regret o or public o)
Ha Ha Ha. . . Very Funny. undecided
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by Emphasis(m): 1:51pm On Apr 19, 2012
How many times will we see this post on Nairaland?How many times will we see this post on Nairaland?How many times will we see this post on Nairaland?
Re: Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? by y2kaustin(m): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2012
mummy3: Oh you sinners, repent for the kingdom of God is near.
Touch less, kiss less, romance less, Bleep less (in Secret o or in public o)

if you have not had excess of all you mentioned,cast the first stone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Playing Your Cards Right / He Finally Asked The Question And I Said A Big Yes (April Fool). / My New Girlfriend Is A Virgin. Shuld I Disflower Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.